blackjenner

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

3 hours ago, chester said:
4 hours ago, Bull City said:

image.thumb.png.3d95966e3498d9193e5b25f3d2c2e234.png

You and Me both BC...the LeCompte is beautiful to me.

Moi aussi.... take the same general aesthetic, the same nearly-flush deck & bubble cabin, you tweak the proportions a little.... et voila, the boat goes from mundane like Ford/Chevy to lovely, oui?

FB- Doug

4 hours ago, Ajax said:

I would have installed deck prisms like on the old ships, to get some light down below.

They had huge plexi hatches - my 43 was very bright below.

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Moi aussi.... take the same general aesthetic, the same nearly-flush deck & bubble cabin, you tweak the proportions a little.... et voila, the boat goes from mundane like Ford/Chevy to lovely, oui?

FB- Doug

Mais oui!

3 hours ago, mathystuff said:

"condition: excellent"

Do they have eyes?

Ha

They didn't say it was, like, CLEAN or something

I can totally see the logic of this ad. If you don't ask, you don't get.

- DSK

I smell an insurance claim in the future here.  100k is going to look funny on the report when accompanied with photo documentation.  Craigslist post and all. 

One-of-a-kind gokart built by a member of the Curling Hall of Fame: what's it worth???

As much as a cardigan sweater personally knitted by the cousin of jazz great Wes Montgomery???

One can stretch association just so far before it snaps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

One-of-a-kind gokart built by a member of the Curling Hall of Fame: what's it worth???

As much as a cardigan sweater personally knitted by the cousin of jazz great Wes Montgomery???

One can stretch association just so far before it snaps.

A loose-leaf copy of 'Lord of the Rings" hand written by Lou Gehrig's neighbor's grandson?

An historic quilt sewn of dresses that were Woolworth copies of Jackie Kennedy's?

This could be a fun game. I think you're ahead on points but I need another beer

- DSK

• Like 1

A pair of large pants worn by Donald Sutherland in a movie nobody ever heard of?

I actually owned those for a while. He didn't want them back.

• Like 1

I live in Maine and have most of my life.  I had to google David Carter (and Maine Ski Hall of Fame, for that matter), as I had never heard of him.  Turns out he was the owner/operator of a somewhat obscure but well regarded cross country ski center near Skowhegan (had to google that, too, even though I’m an active skier), and had competed professionally for a bit.  By all accounts a decent fella, and influential in his small corner of the world.  So, I’d say it’s about worth a meal made in a kitchen that Caesar Cardini is said to have visited

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NaClH20 said:

I live in Maine and have most of my life.  I had to google David Carter (and Maine Ski Hall of Fame, for that matter), as I had never heard of him.  Turns out he was the owner/operator of a somewhat obscure but well regarded cross country ski center near Skowhegan (had to google that, too, even though I’m an active skier), and had competed professionally for a bit.  By all accounts a decent fella, and influential in his small corner of the world.  So, I’d say it’s about worth a meal made in a kitchen that Caesar Cardini is said to have visited

Yeah, it's not like he won the Claudine Longet Invitational or something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

Like War Games - the only way to win is not to play. :D

3 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

"One bullet hole -- above the waterline."

13 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

A cannon ball hole below the waterline in a ship with a cargo of rice.

From a nautical story (fiction)

10 points for the first guess at the book series when this event occurred. 

35 minutes ago, StoMo said:
1 hour ago, Windward said:
1 hour ago, Diarmuid said:

A cannon ball hole below the waterline in a ship with a cargo of rice.

From a nautical story (fiction)

10 points for the first guess at the book series when this event occurred. 

Hornblower methinks.

Yep, Mr. Midshipman Hornblower IIRC

FB- Doug

That was the first "prize" that Hornblower lost.

The swelling rice blew the ship open.

Sorta happened in Portland Harbor a few years back - somehow they tipped a stack of containers full of lentils into the water.  By the time they could get divers in to hook up lines to them,  some had burst open.  Worlds biggest bowl of soup...  But no cannon fire, as far as I know.

1 hour ago, toddster said:

Sorta happened in Portland Harbor a few years back - somehow they tipped a stack of containers full of lentils into the water.  By the time they could get divers in to hook up lines to them,  some had burst open.  Worlds biggest bowl of soup...  But no cannon fire, as far as I know.

Island of the Daals?

Ok... So what one of you lot posted this?

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/bellingham-project-boat/7145984660.html

Project boat - $3000 (Bellingham)

Project boat with a lot of potential!
YES, this 21ft boat is a bow rider!
YES, this boat is still available!
YES, I can send more pictures!
YES, I will accept a cash offer for one third the asking price because cash is much better than what is usually used to purchase a boat!
YES, let’s negotiate via email sight unseen!
YES, I do have a title for the trailer

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StoMo said:

Hornblower methinks.

Too easy...  10 Points to Ravenclaw.

14 hours ago, Windward said:

YES, I will accept a cash offer for one third the asking price because cash is much better than what is usually used to purchase a boat!

Some of these should definitely go to a new thread: self-mocking craigslist ads.

Umm, how/why the hell did someone even do that to that boat?  It's like (cartoon version of) an industrial laser accident!

If the guy can understand basic vectors and figure out how to spot the thin water on a chart it could be fun.

Or not.

20 hours ago, Autonomous said:

If the guy can understand basic vectors and figure out how to spot the thin water on a chart it could be fun.

Or not.

all  I saw in the ad was that he/she/it needed to learn how to sail.   Didn't say squat about navigation. 

just head out to the deep water and tool around for a few hours, pocket 2 benjamins, head home and take the wife out for dinner.

You all are so optimistic ... I imagine showing up at the boat, meeting some 25 year old dude glued to his cell phone and an attention span of less than 10 seconds, noticing suspect standing rigging, and heavy growth on the bottom. You decide to teach him quickly and get it over with before the winds pick up, but of course the damn boat hardly moves with all the growth and by 2 pm you are still floating at Angel Island where the winds are now gusting 25-30 knots. After losing the rig and the dude's cellphone, being towed back (and a big bill - of course he did not have tow insurance, he has a new outboard!), he is not willing nor able to "venmo" you the $200 and that is the end of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

You all are so optimistic ... I imagine showing up at the boat, meeting some 25 year old dude glued to his cell phone and an attention span of less than 10 seconds, noticing suspect standing rigging, and heavy growth on the bottom. You decide to teach him quickly and get it over with before the winds pick up, but of course the damn boat hardly moves with all the growth and by 2 pm you are still floating at Angel Island where the winds are now gusting 25-30 knots. After losing the rig and the dude's cellphone, being towed back (and a big bill - of course he did not have tow insurance, he has a new outboard!), he is not willing nor able to "venmo" you the $200 and that is the end of that.

Oh, it could be a lot worse. But let's look at the bright side.... he might be a nice guy who is genuinely interested. I would not be inclined to do this at all, and I'd be kind of suspicious of any old sailor who was. OTOH, thru the junior sailing program I help, I have been involved in giving "lessons" to adults who have  a boat of their own and some experience. There are a lot of big big pitfalls, including not getting paid, somebody getting hurt, the boat getting damaged.... or the boat already being damaged and the owner not knowing it and blaming you for bringing it to his/her attention (this happened to me).

I always start with the basics, with the boat as secure as it can be.... still on the trailer, in my case(s), or in it's slip. Do a walk-around first, then start seeing how familiar the student is with basic parts & terms. One of the adults I was teaching was deeply offended by this, for example. They had a small centerboard boat and I insisted on a capsize drill which was almost a deal-breaker especially after the parking lot unpleasantness. But they had never capsized and imagined it to be a super hassle and dangerous, whereas I said "It's only dangerous if you don't know how" and we went thru a fairly standard capsize drill... then I threw some problem scenarios at them and they really got into it. At the end, a big success.

It would probably be better to invite such a person to come as crew on YOUR boat one time, perhaps in a race, to see how big of a dickhead he is, before doing an "on my boat" lesson.

FB- Doug

This is borderline "Another Craigslist WTF?"

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/wilmot-rare-1930s-handcraft-galvanized/7145694317.html

image.png.968143b21b808e88a8a87205c62bf6f5.png

Rare 1930’s Handcraft Galvanized Steel Sailboat - $550

It really does look like galvanized steel. Why?

The hull doesn't look really terrible in shape, but galvanized steel????????

Back in the old days, was there some kind of dinghy demolition derby we don't know about?

FB- Doug

On the positive side it is nicer than anything Brent Swain ever built.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

And has a 90-year head start on longevity.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Oh, it could be a lot worse. But let's look at the bright side.... he might be a nice guy who is genuinely interested. I would not be inclined to do this at all, and I'd be kind of suspicious of any old sailor who was. OTOH, thru the junior sailing program I help, I have been involved in giving "lessons" to adults who have  a boat of their own and some experience. There are a lot of big big pitfalls, including not getting paid, somebody getting hurt, the boat getting damaged.... or the boat already being damaged and the owner not knowing it and blaming you for bringing it to his/her attention (this happened to me).

I always start with the basics, with the boat as secure as it can be.... still on the trailer, in my case(s), or in it's slip. Do a walk-around first, then start seeing how familiar the student is with basic parts & terms. One of the adults I was teaching was deeply offended by this, for example. They had a small centerboard boat and I insisted on a capsize drill which was almost a deal-breaker especially after the parking lot unpleasantness. But they had never capsized and imagined it to be a super hassle and dangerous, whereas I said "It's only dangerous if you don't know how" and we went thru a fairly standard capsize drill... then I threw some problem scenarios at them and they really got into it. At the end, a big success.

It would probably be better to invite such a person to come as crew on YOUR boat one time, perhaps in a race, to see how big of a dickhead he is, before doing an "on my boat" lesson.

FB- Doug

Yeah, a lot worse. I would not even want to start to think about it.

Anyway, good for you and sailing! Getting people on the water and educating them to do so safely is not always easy. It is funny how everyone is accustomed to the very unlikely scenarios we all have to go through when the airplane leaves the gate. It is 100% certain that you will have to solve some problems when you are sailing! Something breaks, the wind is blowing harder than expected, from a different direction than expected, you encounter other boats. Moreover you will have to recognize potential problems before they become actual ones...

Of course, we don't know anything about this person but what gets me here is that someone buys a sailboat BEFORE learning how to sail and assumes they can pick it up in an afternoon. This is why I assume it is some 25 year old who is part of a generation that has been always told they can do anything they set their mind to. It is always the same: how hard can this sailing thing be after all. Ok, I am not bashing all millenials, but there is a tendency among many.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, paps49 said:

I love the final line.
Bring your tool box........

I think something hefty enough to remove a skin fitting would be all you'd need.

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/steel-31-ft-round-bilge-yacht-needs-work-sydney/248999

"I feel like I need a tetanus shot just from looking at her, sir."

Pascal.jpg.960fe88f559424a4dec5a39fbcd09e08.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

And has a 90-year head start on longevity.

"Still holds water".  High praise for a yacht, indeed.

7 hours ago, paps49 said:

I love the final line.
Bring your tool box........

I think something hefty enough to remove a skin fitting would be all you'd need.

https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/steel-31-ft-round-bilge-yacht-needs-work-sydney/248999

how much for just the TV?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/wilmot-rare-1930s-handcraft-galvanized/7145694317.html

Back in the old days, was there some kind of dinghy demolition derby we don't know about?

FB- Doug

Yes, some kind of experiment with materials? Quite frankly, I think the ad is hones and this could be an interesting piece to display. Not for me, but  who knows a restaurant or bar? I would certainly check it out if I saw it...

19 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Of course, we don't know anything about this person but what gets me here is that someone buys a sailboat BEFORE learning how to sail and assumes they can pick it up in an afternoon.

I really can't understand what your problem with this approach is.

FKT

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, Windward said:

At least the bow didn't fall off!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, Steam Flyer said:

FB- Doug

That's the kind of item somebody somewhere would pay a ridiculous amount of money for. Put that in a boutique shop in Aspen and add a zero, it'll sell.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, NaClH20 said:

$100k seems a wee steep for any 19’ boat, even one that is a rare collector item in pristine condition.  Which this isn’t.

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/harrison-david-carter-maine-ski-hall-of/7142606616.html

28B9C47A-BE65-4525-B0AE-363915583805.png

Price reduced! Now only slightly overpriced at 1,200.

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/harrison-david-carter-maine-ski-hall-of/7142606616.html

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bmiller said:

That's the kind of item somebody somewhere would pay a ridiculous amount of money for. Put that in a boutique shop in Aspen and add a zero, it'll sell.

It's kind of a neat little hull. I just don't see anybody with good sense picturing this boat in their mind and saying, "Yes, weld it up from steel an galvanize it, that's practical"

Decades ago, the rec center at the Naval Air Station Jax Fla had about 5 aluminum hull Lightnings. I think they had wooden masts, but my memory may be a bit faulty. They were used to run a Navy/Marine Corps challenge regatta, as well as being almost bulletproof daysailers. The story I heard was that an air crew chief saw the design in a magazine and requisitioned the aluminum to build them..... I wonder if they're still there!

FB- Doug

One of the first boats I sailed was a 14' called a Petrel - looked much like that galvanized thing but it was round bilged riveted aluminium.

Not exactly pretty but it was bulletproof - hits that would crack glass just dented it and were easily bumped out with a rubber mallet. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

One of the first boats I sailed was a 14' called a Petrel 

I also once sailed a Petrel!   The urban legend that I heard was that they were developed by one of the big aluminum manufacturing companies as a means to sell more aluminum.  I don't know if that was true or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugsy said:

I also once sailed a Petrel!   The urban legend that I heard was that they were developed by one of the big aluminum manufacturing companies as a means to sell more aluminum.  I don't know if that was true or not.  

Built and sold by Alcan, who also had a line of decent houseboats for awhile...  Petrels were very popular with (non-performance oriented) sailing schools since the boats were bulletproof.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Interesting bit of flotsam.  I'm thinking a dreamer with just the right twist might not have quite that much cash on hand tho...

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/boa/d/cathlamet-classic-61-sternwheeler/7145941138.html

The story implies that this thing once voyaged from Sausalito to PDX??

00000_6l06qqxfgLR_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I'm guessing that transmission might have to be rebuilt fairly regularly. But I've seen similar lash-ups work for years on farm equipment that only gets used two weeks a year.

00V0V_ibITnYxXAA4_0jm0pO_600x450.jpg

" In the mid 90's it was hauled to Portland and has been on the Columbia since then. "

It doesn't really say it voyaged on its own bottom. Crossing the Columbia bar with a Stern wheeler seems like a very bad idea.

Nothing's to weird for Cathlamet.

This one is only lightly mockable, but I feel compelled to post to for a couple gems including a "Robust Keel/Hull Attachment" and describing some of the ugliest woodwork I've ever seen as a "Beautiful and Bright Italian Oak Interior".

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bod/d/sidney-45ft-2016-hanse-455/7150087960.html

4 hours ago, toddster said:

Interesting bit of flotsam.  I'm thinking a dreamer with just the right twist might not have quite that much cash on hand tho...

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/boa/d/cathlamet-classic-61-sternwheeler/7145941138.html

The story implies that this thing once voyaged from Sausalito to PDX??

I'm guessing that transmission might have to be rebuilt fairly regularly. But I've seen similar lash-ups work for years on farm equipment that only gets used two weeks a year.

00V0V_ibITnYxXAA4_0jm0pO_600x450.jpg

That may be a Ford 9" differential which can be made pretty strong. racers like them.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:50 AM, SloopJonB said:

One of the first boats I sailed was a 14' called a Petrel - looked much like that galvanized thing but it was round bilged riveted aluminium.

Not exactly pretty but it was bulletproof - hits that would crack glass just dented it and were easily bumped out with a rubber mallet. :D

hey, I had a Petrel!...i thought they were 12 ft though.  there is one sitting in  a drive way not far from me.  mfg'd by Alcan aluminium back when vertical integration was a thing. The boat was sitting on tires at Eb's sail and Sport on consignment.  Owner wanted $750.  Eventually I said to James " James there is only one person in this town that wants that boat, I'm him and I've got $400".  James phoned they guy and said "sold".  We "borrowed" a fishing boat trailer from Agriculture Canada and it took 4 people to lift it on to the trailer :o.  Turns out the foam they put between the hull and the sole was saturated.  I had Evanol Boats (who used to make aluminum canoes and fishing boats) pop the sole and refoam it for a reasonable price, put it on a KMart trailer and sold it a couple of years later for the money I had put into it.  all and all a pretty good first boat experience!

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, chester said:

hey, I had a Petrel!...i thought they were 12 ft though.  there is one sitting in  a drive way not far from me.  mfg'd by Alcan aluminium back when vertical integration was a thing. The boat was sitting on tires at Eb's sail and Sport on consignment.  Owner wanted $750.  Eventually I said to James " James there is only one person in this town that wants that boat, I'm him and I've got $400".  James phoned they guy and said "sold".  We "borrowed" a fishing boat trailer from Agriculture Canada and it took 4 people to lift it on to the trailer :o.  Turns out the foam they put between the hull and the sole was saturated.  I had Evanol Boats (who used to make aluminum canoes and fishing boats) pop the sole and refoam it for a reasonable price, put it on a KMart trailer and sold it a couple of years later for the money I had put into it.  all and all a pretty good first boat experience!

It was indeed 12' long, built at Algoods in downtown Toronto, and designed by Philip Rhodes!

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/petrel-12-rhodes

Cheers!

• Like 1

So 50 (or so) years ago there were a bunch of obscure little aluminum boats built and sailed. 

And right here we have THREE people that have actually sailed on them.  This place is amazing....

• Like 5

No pictures and a description with a few "issues." The engine is smoking and the rig is going to be swapped, so you will have a rig of a 29ft boat on a 32 footer? The best feature is the price of the lead!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/d/san-rafael-ericson-32/7150337963.html

Ericson 32 - $995 (greenbrae)

32-2 Ericson .1971 sail boat...

(or possible trade for a good running 10 to 20hp outboard motor..electric start long shaft olny!)
(cannot liveaboard at this Marina so please dont ask)
 It's atomic 4 motor is smoking  but can mount an outboard....but its a   good Project.. as the fixed up value runs anywhere from $5k. to $20K for  32  Ericsson's
its a very stout ocean boat.... It has a fully encapsulated 2 ton lead keel !.... (lead alone worth $2k) =no rusty Keel bolts problem ever..
has a marine toilet and holding tank...... The reason I'm letting it go for below market value is  the rigging is In the process of being swapped to another boat.... I was planning installing the rig from a or Ericsson 29 which  may be included .... Does NOT have to be moved right away but you can get qualified at the slip..Anyway if  Intrested please contact me. .no CL scams etc
( in person sale only ..absolutey no exceptions)..

This one sits in my marina.  I have been looking at it for over 10 years now.  interesting to see what it looks like inside

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/san-jose-50-foot-ketch-sailboat/7151881906.html

P.s.  There is a local osprey that loves perching on it spreaders and fishing in the local area.  I bet it will be the only creature that will miss it. 

• Like 1

Looks like she's ready to go, some assembly required though.  It's already green so the growth blends right in.

• Like 1

You have to question the sanity of someone who posts this, and actually believes it.

Mind you, I’d be more concerned for the mental health of someone who buys it, (in both senses of the word “buy”).

$120 per foot. That is an indication of problems

Is the rebuilding of the engine a selling point? Will be done by next week... NOT. Nice bonus  to have the dining table greased up with the pistons.

You get papers after moving the boat. He did not say what kind of papers. 

I don't think anyone should attempt to move the boat without asking questions, yet "It has to leave its current location without question."

And on and on. He should be very happy if he will not be held accountable for debris removal. 

On 6/29/2020 at 7:27 AM, chester said:

I bought my first Shark from Eb's.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, Ishmael said:

I bought my first Shark from Eb's.

My mirage was eb’s personal boat

I’m disappointed that he lost steam on it. 100% done and full throated goofy is like ten times better than 90% done goofy.  

He wants to trade for a motorcycle?  Priceless!

Arrange some scrap metal into the shape of a motorcycle.  Tell him that is a motorcycle as much as his collection of scrap wood is a boat.  

23 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:
On 7/4/2020 at 8:06 AM, bmiller said:

I love the fact that He wants to triad for a motorcycle.  

And he started building it "from the ground up."

To be more accurate, it should say that he started building it from his cement slab driveway up, and then piled it into a rental trailer... eviction drama?

I love the fact that this guy and his buddies said, "Hey we gots a pile o' lumber 'n some tools 'n beer, let's build us a BOAT!" however the result does not look so good.

FB- Doug

Sawzalls are a poor choice for ferro boats.

Repeated passes with a bulldozer is the preferred method.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Sawzalls are a poor choice for ferro boats.

Repeated passes with a bulldozer large reef is the preferred method.

Fish need habitats too.

• Like 1

For a mere 300K you can be the most annoying fuckstick on the water.

Also the 13 speaker stereo system equipped with Bluetooth linking to any smartphone increases in volume when you speed up the boat it's like being at a club out in the middle of the Lake.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/littleton-2020-malibu-wake-set-or-lsv/7148036651.html

Gotta admit the armored truck tow vehicle is pretty cool.

00e0e_cloY3D76R79_1320vC_1200x900.jpg

I quit going to the boat show when it became overrun with trash like that.

They probably have the armoured tow vehicle for good reason.

• Like 1

That looks like a beefed-up, retired ambulance not an armored bank truck.

Regardless, I'm not really interested in associating with the sort of person who would own a boat purposefully designed to make enormous, damaging wakes. There is virtually nowhere on the entire Chesapeake Bay where that vessel could operate without causing major damage to boats and docks while also accelerating erosion of wet lands, and other sensitive environmental areas.

If you just stop for a moment and consider the "sphere of impact" of a sailboat, a PWC, a standard "fish 'n ski", a center console fishing boat and finally this "wake boat," it's easy to see that the wake boat has the largest sphere that will negatively impact the greatest number of people around it while serving a tiny number of active participants.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I quit going to the boat show when it became overrun with trash like that.

They probably have the armoured tow vehicle for good reason.

I remember when I discovered at the boat show that wake boats have ballast tanks at the transom that you fill with water to increase the wake size and decrease your hydrodynamic efficiency. A show highlight a few years ago was taking my then 11 year old son and his non-nautical friend to the show and the friend did the Titanic Top-of-the-world thing at the bow of every large dumb powerboat we went on. It was kind of a genius troll in fact. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ajax said:

That looks like a beefed-up, retired ambulance not an armored bank truck.

I've spent a fair amount of time in and around ambos. That's not and never was one.

• Like 1

Perfect option for the local cartel branch though, plus the armoured car's just an added selling point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

300k all cash,   No checks,  no cashier or bank checks.....cash

yeah, that’s gonna work....I don’t see it selling anytime soon

trailer has 3 axles to haul the cash to and from

On 7/5/2020 at 2:23 AM, Autonomous said:

Does it come with the two guys to hold it up?

Are you sure they are both guys?

A 26 foot center cockpit.  If that weren't bad enough, the owner has made so many "modifications" that "restoration is impossible".  As if anyone would want to.  No cushions, no engine, but it does have disco lighting!  And as the owner points out, she looks fine rolling down the highway.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/boa/d/plainville-found-another-lover/7137563103.html

8 minutes ago, Hukilau said:

A 26 foot center cockpit.  If that weren't bad enough, the owner has made so many "modifications" that "restoration is impossible".  As if anyone would want to.  No cushions, no engine, but it does have disco lighting!  And as the owner points out, she looks fine rolling down the highway.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/boa/d/plainville-found-another-lover/7137563103.html

Someone in my yachtclub had one when I was a kid.  It was so odd.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:53 PM, B dock said:

This one sits in my marina.  I have been looking at it for over 10 years now.  interesting to see what it looks like inside

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/san-jose-50-foot-ketch-sailboat/7151881906.html

P.s.  There is a local osprey that loves perching on it spreaders and fishing in the local area.  I bet it will be the only creature that will miss it. 

“My loss is your gain” should read My GAIN is certainly your LOSS!  I am always concerned when a rough boat is offered and the seller says “HE” is taking a loss. 

Of course, one really needs to be concerned about the Osprey.  Maybe PETA will purchase it and make arrangements for the poor critter.  

On 7/7/2020 at 6:47 AM, bmiller said:

For a mere 300K you can be the most annoying fuckstick on the water.

Also the 13 speaker stereo system equipped with Bluetooth linking to any smartphone increases in volume when you speed up the boat it's like being at a club out in the middle of the Lake.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/littleton-2020-malibu-wake-set-or-lsv/7148036651.html

Gotta admit the armored truck tow vehicle is pretty cool.

00e0e_cloY3D76R79_1320vC_1200x900.jpg

I can’t believe the size of those things.  The gunnels are as tall sitting on the trailer as our S2 7.9.  It takes a ladder to get in the things. 

As far as the wakes.  In my “semi”-competitive waterskiing days, wakeboarding was just becoming popular.  While skiing in a tournament, we had one of the really top young wakeboarders do a demonstration.  Now this was not a true waterskiing lake but a small lake well adapated to tournament skiing.  

When the wakeboard boat made a pass, the wakes were so large, ALL of the water next to the shore moved out as the boats wake moved in.  JUST LIKE A TUSUMI!

Not a worry in these days and times.  All the young wakeboarders emulate the pros, wakeboarding at 26mph with 75 foot lines.  A few faceplants at those speeds pretty much ends the beginners careers in that endeavor.  Now its surfing behind these behemoths.  

Again, not to worry, at the current cost of these things, it won’t be long until the credit card company wants the owner to start making payments.  ($80,000.00 for Just a Prostar 190, a tiny waterski boat, can’t imagine what the behemoths cost).