blackjenner

Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Well, that does it. HELL if I'm ever cleaning my boat again.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/d/redwood-city-ericson-sailboat/7219090119.html

Yeah but where are you going find a giant grey dead bat to leave lying in your cockpit.

It can't -really- be what it looks like, can it?

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah but where are you going find a giant grey dead bat to leave lying in your cockpit.

It can't -really- be what it looks like, can it?

FB- Doug

I mean, did he cut the boats balls off?  "emasculated".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alan H said:

I mean, did he cut the boats balls off?  "emasculated".

That word, I don't think it means what he thinks it means

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he's just a macho type who thinks cleaning is woman's work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:
13 hours ago, ChoPigue said:

I like this boat as I often sail in sniper infested territory. While I don't believe it's bulletproof they will have a hard time targeting me. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/emeryville-47-ft-fiberglas-sailboat/7216031614.html

I think that's the eighth time that one's been posted.

When it finally sells, I hope the lucky buyer lets us know

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I think that's the eighth time that one's been posted.

Are you mocking him for posting it? A meta-mock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, slap said:

"I don't have any Pic's of interior except it is emasculate now with a working head."

Cut the balls off, the brain starts working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, andykane said:

Are you mocking him for posting it? A meta-mock?

Mock? Me? Perish the thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Only $45K for a Buchan 37 with a Home Depot renovation.

image.thumb.png.eba95a3bbdef7c8ecea3e4236621ba4d.png

Those drawers and cabinets look nice and secure so long as you stay on a starboard tack 

00a0a_5Tebv4YoWzZ_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg


Nice knotty pine beam there, and good to see they went to the trouble of insulating the hull. Makes me confident the diesel heater is safely installed. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, socalrider said:

Those drawers and cabinets look nice and secure so long as you stay on a starboard tack 

00a0a_5Tebv4YoWzZ_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg


Nice knotty pine beam there, and good to see they went to the trouble of insulating the hull. Makes me confident the diesel heater is safely installed. 
 

 

It comes with extra firewood!

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 5:53 PM, socalrider said:

$169,000?  Seems fair. 

It is Vancouver after all, seems a bargain. Get about six gallons of paint at Home Depot and you are good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand anything about this ad.

https://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/d/woodbridge-sailboat-fullsize-29-js9000/7199788751.html

Sailboat fullsize 29' JS9000 - $2,500 (Lodi)

Hobbies sailboat a lot of fun full contained, and away you go. Complete ready for sailing $2500.00 or BEST OFFER

image.jpeg.da7636b4bce52f3594e2cc271d824382.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, socalrider said:

I don't understand anything about this ad.

https://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/d/woodbridge-sailboat-fullsize-29-js9000/7199788751.html

Sailboat fullsize 29' JS9000 - $2,500 (Lodi)

Hobbies sailboat a lot of fun full contained, and away you go. Complete ready for sailing $2500.00 or BEST OFFER

image.jpeg.da7636b4bce52f3594e2cc271d824382.jpeg

It's hard to imagine that turning into this with anything short of magic.

js-9000-46185110112167537053694968524570

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's hard to imagine that turning into this with anything short of magic.

js-9000-46185110112167537053694968524570

Looks like an early SailDrone Prototype after the conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, toddster said:

Brilliant farm clean-up strategy!  Any random piece of junk can be monetized by selling it on CL as an anchor!  Extra points of you can come up with some reason why it's superior for some specialized conditions - and therefore worth more, of course!

00000_ij3zTr2YiY_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Not being American, I wondered whether this might be what you people call a money shot, but decided it’s more likely a rim shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, socalrider said:

I don't understand anything about this ad

Neither do I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, See Level said:

Well.. this seems completely safe,

Especially the office chair on rollers part.

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/south-bend-air-cat/7222443949.html

00K0K_an2jweMi6hk_09G07g_1200x900.jpg

I like the way it totally lacks the structure of the original cross beams.

You'd think somebody smart enough to have access to an aviation engine on a test stand would also be smart enough to understand at least a little structural engineering

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I like the way it totally lacks the structure of the original cross beams.

You'd think somebody smart enough to have access to an aviation engine on a test stand would also be smart enough to understand at least a little structural engineering

FB- Doug

He used Robertson head screws. It's good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised he made it to 78.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm surprised he made it to 78.

Well so long as the projects remain 85% complete they’re 100% safe. 

Edit: well maybe 95% safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 7:07 PM, See Level said:

Well.. this seems completely safe,

Especially the office chair on rollers part.

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/south-bend-air-cat/7222443949.html

00K0K_an2jweMi6hk_09G07g_1200x900.jpg

I wonder what kind of altitude you get after launching off a large wave.

and how you successfully land that sucker after finding its maximum ceiling...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I see ads like this that can't even get the size of the boat right I have to wonder - are they just dumbasses who don't know what they are selling or are they sleazy liars?

Generally I'm inclined towards the latter since they never seem to state a length less than what it is.

image.thumb.png.1ef879ecbda72b2feb3ea7b0a8baaf86.png

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/sunshine-coast/1967-columbia-26ft-sailboat/1533246318

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the 70's I used to race against a lot of those "Columbia 26s" :lol:  Somehow they look 20% Smaller in person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I daresay Gramps spent that for the hull & deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0145.jpg

Wow! So much potential. 

How do you price something like that?  For someone that will take the project to completion $28,000 is good for hell of a headstart on a classic beauty. As always, rot could be lurking but the Utah climate may be this project's savior.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Autonomous said:

How do you price something like that?  For someone that will take the project to completion $28,000 is good for hell of a headstart on a classic beauty. As always, rot could be lurking but the Utah climate may be this project's savior.

0 hours and ready for a full restoration.  After which you could sell her for about $28,000. 

Sad - so much effort!

0DC799DE-D360-4F2A-816F-534B57BD49BD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...sure, just let me spend 2 years re-bunging it and we’ll throw it in and go for a ride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, socalrider said:

0 hours and ready for a full restoration.  After which you could sell her for about $28,000. 

Sad - so much effort!

0DC799DE-D360-4F2A-816F-534B57BD49BD.jpeg

More like $50 to $100K. Those boats have always been expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 5:28 AM, bmiller said:

Another broken dream with an unrealistic attempt to sell. 

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/88889

Only on a few days and they are dropping the price. Sadly I think they need to drop three zeros before anybody would even consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmiller said:
On 11/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, bmiller said:

Another broken dream with an unrealistic attempt to sell. 

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/88889

Only on a few days and they are dropping the price. Sadly I think they need to drop three zeros before anybody would even consider it.

They forgot the key salesman's phrase.... "It's 85% complete"

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those boats have an almost cult following - due to the Pardeys I presume. From the description that thing only needs work to finish it - someone will pick it up.

I knew a guy who built them here under license BITD - his were even nicer than the Morse built ones..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...

Gonna have to do some research into that one day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Chrome plated bronze clits 10 inches

 

What a scary thought. https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Chrome-plated-bronze-clits-10-inches_36579665

if only all clits where that large,  men would have no problem finding them.  but in the same thought,  not sure I want to see a 10" clit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a bronze one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Hmmm...

Gonna have to do some research into that one day

start your search with "huge clits"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that shemale Stuff?

I’ll have to  cover my eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Is that shemale Stuff?

I’ll have to  cover my eyes

beats me buddy, I was just trying to be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that like blondes have more fun.

 

On boats of course. don't want to go too far overboard ya know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not mocking, it's actually a great ad and he knows what it's worth. This just seemed like the right place to put it.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/frederick-free-titled-trailer-with-boat/7228910262.html

Free boat and trailer. Was in the process of turning sailboat displacement hull into a trawler boat. With Cabin (pilot House)Vbirth and ample deck space. Project has always been tarped/covered until today. Motor well (Motor not included) 9hp Is all it takes to push this boat to hull speed.For slow Mo economical performance Will accommodate up to 25 hp. Finished it would be a Great camper for fishing or puttering around the lake. It would make a real fun economical to operate boat. Or Plop boat in the backyard paint it for the kids pirate ship. And re-purpose the trailer ,use it for another boat. It’s ready to roll-bring some tiedown straps, Hitch up and take it home Will not separate. Firm no lowballers or scams

 

00B0B_7pIn845kvl8_0B00oL_600x450.jpg

01717_h3JClgxlPHz_0CI0jj_1200x900.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the boat is free, what exactly would a low ball offer look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hukilau said:

If the boat is free, what exactly would a low ball offer look like?

:lol:

"Come over to my house and finish it, once I take it off your hands. Or else I bring it back."

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hukilau said:

If the boat is free, what exactly would a low ball offer look like?

Pay me to haul it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood the motivation to say "no scammers"

 

Is that enough to dissuade the evildoers from plying their craft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Windward said:

I never understood the motivation to say "no scammers"

 

Is that enough to dissuade the evildoers from plying their craft?

Same idea as gun control.  What is wrong with that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, Ishmael said:

It's hard to imagine that turning into this with anything short of magic.

js-9000-46185110112167537053694968524570

wow... for a moment I thought that thing had one hell of a prop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the gas can included?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 on the gas can. Burn it on New Year's Eve and sift through the ashes for the metal.

The lead and prop will have good value, maybe the port lights too. The engine, tranny and shaft are likely scrap. 85% of the rest is scrap.

On the bright side the CQR anchors would make great white elephant gifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been sitting there long enough to become a "landmark" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For something that has been sitting there long enough, the surrounds look surprisingly neat. It is not a shit show at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Been sitting there long enough to become a "landmark" :D

Is it sitting in front of a seafood restaurant?

FB- Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDragon said:

Paging Leo, paging Leo

Leo could knock that one out in a weekend.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Is it sitting in front of a seafood restaurant?

FB- Doug

nope

 

SnipImage-2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

nope

 

SnipImage-2.JPG

Do they paint the name of the street on the road, or is that Google Maps?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Google.  BTW, they'll be at your house next Thursday, to label everything for the surveillance cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

nope

 

SnipImage-2.JPG

I wonder if the people who live there have grown tired of shouting at it to get off their lawn?

It's not that nice-looking of a hull anyway, and very awkwardly stacked for firewood.

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those Christmas lights on the lifelines?  Noice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen an ad so excited about obsolete technology:

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/bpo/d/annapolis-new-danforth-s2000-anchor/7236757933.html

Quote

NOS Danforth 42lb anchor and short chain for boats ups to 44'

This HEAVY anchor has the traditional holding power which has always been associated with Danforth anchors. The shank and wide fluke are made of high strength steel. Each anchor has a hot-dipped galvanized coating for long-lasting protection. New, never wet, labels on!

Take a look, get a new hurricane hook!

Does this look new to you??

 

 

00M0M_gur17S02tLc_1200x900.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOS - that label indicates it's never been scratched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bmiller said:

Seems to me if you are offering "Pro" sailing lessons you might choose a better photo.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bod/d/marina-del-rey-island-getawaysday/7235857758.html

 

00m0m_hvQJJHPLW2d_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Interesting boat. I'm assuming it's a Baltic since C&C never had teak decks to the best of my knowledge.

40ft Euro Racing Cruising Yachts

00Z0Z_kHCJQN6i6QC_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bmiller said:

Seems to me if you are offering "Pro" sailing lessons you might choose a better photo.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bod/d/marina-del-rey-island-getawaysday/7235857758.html

 

00m0m_hvQJJHPLW2d_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

Looks like he is motoring and using the jib for stability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites