• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arcpix

Our "New" Ride

7 posts in this topic

Top Tick ready to go at the dock. Looking forward to our first practice race on Wednesday.

post-8318-0-55063200-1368493670_thumb.jpg

Looks like she is in great shape based on the exterior photo. Enjoy, they are great boats.

Great boat....you'll enjoy sailing and racing it....they are a delightful boat to sail...

not bad for cruising for a week or two with just your significant other with you...

whats the hull number?

my first one was 197 and it had all the stuff like hot and cold pressure water and a gimbled propane stove as well as shore power.

my newer one is 341...i have had to install all the extras that came with my first j30....

Hull no. 24. Previous owner took fantastic care of her and we have completed a few upgrades since we got her last fall. First sail is tomorrow. Looking forward to it big time. Wife cannot go but my sons and two very close friends will be on board. Sailing out of Milwaukee Yacht Club on Lake Michigan.

The surveyor up in annapolis that surveyed my boat told me the very early hull numbers and the later hull numbers, 300+ had fewer blistering issues if any...

my boat had never been "sealed" for some reason and some scattered pencil point blisters in the gel coat...

we sand blasted the bottom carefully, then sealed the boat with 3 coats of 2000, ran over it with a "da" sander and were good to go with 3 coats of baltoplate...

i pulled the boat for it's "annual" inspection and bottom paint...

was pleasently surprised that there was no more sign of blistering...

good luck with your boat and enjoy...the 30 is fun to sail and very forgiving....

Bottom on Top Tick is nearly perfect. We may do a little detailing on the keel in fall but everything else looked and felt as smooth as could be.