• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lifesave

Colorado Dingys?

11 posts in this topic

I grew up on sailing on Lake Dillon every summer. There were some Fireballs that sailed there. I heard there were some A-Class Cats somewhere around Ft' Collins. Are there any Dingys sailing in Colorado? Pueblo, Grandby? Anywhere?

There was a Johnson 18 class member in Greeley, last word abut ten years ago.

No idea where the man sailed it, he came to Midwinters in Florida maybe a couple times.

FB- Doug

Ten years ago a Johnson 18? No dingys. Junior programs at all area lakes and no one sailing small boats?

Ya I know the waters cold but Not One Dingy. Sad. Really Sad

I think there are a couple of moths near Boulder.

Do you know where they sail? Have you got yours on foils yet. You going.

There used to be alot of stuff but those guys grew up and got keelboats. I know of at least 5 guys that used to race Snipes back in the day but they all baught santanas. There is an eclectic mix on cherry creek. A couple of swift solos came out to play last year. Lightnings have a big class. Obviously there are a bunch of lasers rubnning around. I have seen a c15 or 2, but the fireballs are gone unfortunately. There actually was a huge fleet of scows up in grand lake, but that was a decade ago and I don't think they race anymore. WIth the h20 heading downward out here maybe we'll see a resergence of the little boats.

I checked and it seems the oddball stuff sails at Boyd lake and Cherry Creek. There are only keel boats at Dillon and Carter. No one travels to each others regattas. When I think about it there is no difference here. The Scotts and Butterflys sail at Whiterock. MC's at Ray Hubbard and I travel to sail against other in my Portsmouth fleet. Guess I just wished it Were different elsewhere. Who sails at the Gorge?

Do you know where they sail? Have you got yours on foils yet. You going.

Big D,

I have got it mostly sorted, I was foiling last Fall. I'll get to some changes next week and then look for some good wind to get back out.

OK. Anything else sail at union. This weekend is their big regatta. Who's going?