Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

southerncross

'Extremely Active' Atlantic Hurricane Season Predicted

I thought the butterfly was in Vietnam?

I thought the butterfly was in Vietnam?

No, the butterfly is in my Holley.....

I know a chick with butterflies loose in her head.....

they say that every year...

its just a little more extremely active than the past extremely active seasons.

Thast what they syae evryeare!!

But how extremely actively did they say so?

I say bring it on! It's good for business! :D

Buy Home Depot and Lowes stock now. You'll thank me later.

Sorry, the sled stays in a nice safe location when we get hit with bombs. And the plug out. :P

Tuffy, it was just an inside joke in my usual style of poor taste and lack of compassion. TPG knows where I work, which was the heart of the joke. My employer pretty much builds about half the powerboats and their corresponding engines on the planet. We love insurance checks! :D

But billionaires are dumping consumer goods stock in light of global economic collapse...

on a related matter and more importantly, extremely active ejaculation has side effects...

I know killington had two active trails open Sunday May 26th. Oddly enough Killington Golf course was also open on that day.

This belongs in the Political Anarchy Forum....this story is simply put a fear tactic....

Oh shit, please accept my sincerest apologies for having 23 of my friends here simultaneously put their guns to your head and force you to read this thread.

Jfc, fuking meow-moooow.....

Remind me to up the forecast for our portable generator business.

17 trillion in debt and expanding like a Iranian Jihadabad Nuclear shockwave. We're all just going to have to make due without this little ol weather satellite for awhile. And as the mountain of Obama debt continues to explode outwards, we will have to make more and more due with less and less. Some of you might not be getting your entitled government assistance checks before long. Oh the humanity.

Economics. The science of scarcity. Something the liberal whack jobs are simply unable to comprehend. The economic bubble of failed liberal government is popping all around us like artificially buttered popcorn...

The biggest pop is yet to come.

Stay thirsty my friends!

Not that I agree or disagree with the politics but isn't there a Political section for this?

Investing in new weather satellites that can actually help save lives - common sense, and given what we have seen with wild weather, it should be a no brainer - no politics around that I'd hope?

As for Butterflies, the ones in my head need to be purged, but not for Dr. Lorenz, his was from MIT (aka smarter than all of us!)

Stuck my toe in the Atlantic yesterday and I can tell you the Mid Atlantic region won't be having a hurricane anytime soon. Water was like ice.

Economics. The science of scarcity. Something the liberal whack jobs are simply unable to comprehend. The economic bubble of failed liberal government is popping all around us like artificially buttered popcorn...

And yet the world just keeps getting more liberal. How do you explain that?

The reality of voting demographics and the highly uninformed, liberal drone, entitlement cultured, government dependent voter. General stupidity, lack of basic education. Sailing Anarchy. :-)

Clean its far easier to "organize the stupid" by offering them lies than educate them and tell them the money is gone. Eventually this bubble will also burst.

I am not republican. I am a highly independent pseudo libertarian. A committed and highly efficient Liberal Marxist hunter. At the same time I simply cannot stand the religo's. I am just as dissatisfied with their delusional leadership

At least they do not waste my $$$ to the tune of 17 Trillion as if its shooting out their liberal asshole at light speed....

And yet the world just keeps getting more liberal. How do you explain that?

One month in.

Is it above average so far??

glad we are not.

June was the 3rd wettest on the east coast of the US.

Basically rained every day in the North East

and we do not expect a reprieve before Saturday at the earliest.

Every day, a new set of flood warning are shown (just saw a set come up for the neighboring county on the tv)

We could not take a hurricane right now without serious flooding inland.

Hope any cyclone gets to Texas and Az where they can use the water. Maybe shoot up to great lake and die.

So instead of a couple mega storms, we have had a constant rain & drizzle.

Amazed my sails have not mildewed.

Atlantic - Caribbean Sea - Gulf of Mexico Tropical Weather Outlook (en Español*)

800 AM EDT THU JUL 11 2013 Tropical Weather Discussion

805 AM EDT THU JUL 11 2013

There are no tropical cyclones in the Atlantic at this time.

*Spanish translations courtesy of the NWS San Juan Weather Forecast Office

Eastern Pacific (out to 140°W) Tropical Weather Outlook

500 AM PDT THU JUL 11 2013 Tropical Weather Discussion

1005 UTC THU JUL 11 2013

There are no tropical cyclones in the Eastern Pacific at this time.

One month in.

Is it above average so far??

the water levels in your lake back up?

Well..........?

Crickets. Crickets. Crickets.

Now they will forecast that 2014 will be worse than 2013 and act like Armageddon is coming.

the weather overall this summer DID suck, just not the suck they predicted.

In the northeast, it seems we went from a wet June and a hot July to one of the best late summer / early fall seasons I have ever experienced. There were two hot weeks in July, one around the 4th and one later in the month, and after the heat let off, it has been nothing short of glorious...up through last weekend. It finally looks like the weather has turned towards late fall and winter just this week, but otherwise it has been three straight months of blissful, beautiful sailing weather.

Had one system in the Gulf that almost passed close enough to provide good sailing. I went. It wasn't that good.

We had great surf that weekend!

Just a random observation for the PNW.

What if Global warming/Climate change doesn't bring more adverse weather? Instead it does the oppisite and there just isnt any weather. We are basking in a late fall dry spell that we don't typically get. After a record setting summer of nuumber of days of sunshine. It's not like we haven't had wind and rain, we have. But only about half of what would be considered normal.

Air stagnation is starting to become an issue around here with a surge in related respiratory complications.

Weird weather. Just plain weird

WL

What if Global warming/Climate change doesn't bring more adverse weather? Instead it does the oppisite and there just isnt any weather. We are basking in a late fall dry spell that we don't typically get. After a record setting summer of nuumber of days of sunshine. It's not like we haven't had wind and rain, we have. But only about half of what would be considered normal.

Air stagnation is starting to become an issue around here with a surge in related respiratory complications.

WL

Your dry spell and the Fires in Aus have been in the past an indication of the El Nino forming.

I hope So Cal gets a needed wet winter.

Now they will forecast that 2014 will be worse than 2013 and act like Armageddon is coming.

Last year wasn't bad until Sandy hit! Brownstone blocks the size of Stepvans were knocked off a jetty in Old Saybrook on Long Island Sound.

How many hurricanes do you need to call the season active??

Would you like to explain to the Mexicans all around the Gulf how this season has disappointed you with its lack of damages??

And don't forget to tell them if next year brings more damage you still won't be satisfied

WL

Your dry spell and the Fires in Aus have been in the past an indication of the El Nino forming.

Please stop hoping for that kind of crap. The last thing So Cal needs right now is any more rain and water. 'Cuz all that does is encourage people to stay here. What we really need is a 20 year drought. That should be just enough time for this place to completely empty out. Then we can start with a clean slate and finally fix this place....

Hey!!! Get your own damned plan

That's the one we are using

:lol:.....

WL

Please stop hoping for that kind of crap. The last thing So Cal needs right now is any more rain and water. 'Cuz all that does is encourage people to stay here. What we really need is a 20 year drought. That should be just enough time for this place to completely empty out. Then we can start with a clean slate and finally fix this place....

Whadda you care, Boothy? I thought you were moving to AZ to live OTG???

He is just summering in AZ.

He is just summering in AZ.

:lol:B)