Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill E Goat

Olympian ditches wife for her replacement on Team GB sailing team

OLYMPIC hero Nick Dempsey has split from his sailing star wife — after she sacrificed her own medal dreams to raise their children.

Windsurfer Dempsey, 32, is now dating the woman who took the place of his wife Sarah Ayton, 33, in Britain’s 2012 team.

He has been seen in restaurants and bars with Hannah Mills, 25, who like him won a silver medal at the London Games

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4944495/Olympic-star-dumps-wife-who-gave-up-her-medal-dream-to-raise-kidsand-dates-her-replacement-in-sail-team.html#ixzz2UdWYSrMp

When I read this story on-line this morning it occurred to me how easy it is to pull the sympathy card and hear only one side of a story. Not defending him in any way, but that is the most one sided piece of crap journalism I have every seen. It makes out like she only gave up sailing because HE wanted a family and if she had sailed the UK would have won the gold instead of the silver. Suck it up you Poms - we owned your arse in Weymouth and no amount of 'if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle' after the fact horse-shit will change that. Look at that whinging tool Wiggins. Claimed he was at the Giro to win at the start, then as soon as he couldn't win he pulled out, said he was sick and then claimed he was only there for training. Man up you Poms. Learn to lose with dignity!

Not too concerned.

Decent looking women who can outsail most men sail are rare as diamonds.

Coming soon to a Wally near you.....

Wow! Sailing in British tabloids. That's good for the recognition of sport :D

and why is this interesting?

+1. But we all just love reading about a train wreck, eh.

When I read this story on-line this morning it occurred to me how easy it is to pull the sympathy card and hear only one side of a story. Not defending him in any way, but that is the most one sided piece of crap journalism I have every seen.

Halve you seene the fronte paige??

Not to worry

Long before the next Olympics

She'll be reaching for the GOLD

and he'll be Paying it :)

When I read this story on-line this morning it occurred to me how easy it is to pull the sympathy card and hear only one side of a story. Not defending him in any way, but that is the most one sided piece of crap journalism I have every seen.

Yes once. But that was about 4 years ago.

Is that the wrapper in front of Page 3 to cover up the tits?

Top quality reporting, just what I come hear to read about on the front page.

Don't you know anyhting, this sort of shite goes on page 3 next to the tits.

Douche

Tits ?????????????

Must the first time that watersports involving boats have made it into that piece of shit lowlife rag. Chavs wont have a clue what the papers on about when they get up at lunchtime

Looking at the pics I really can't tell the difference.

You usually just end up with the same woman in a different pair of jeans.

They even look like they wear the same size.

What a crap article! It states that Hannah Mills replaced Sarah Ayton. Mills was in a 470 and Ayton a Yingling.

this site is getting worse

Well then don't come here. We are all good for trolls anyway.

Looking at the pics I really can't tell the difference.

You usually just end up with the same woman in a different pair of jeans.

They even look like they wear the same size.

The new one looks like she has bigger jugs though.

Not too concerned.

Decent looking women who can outsail most men sail are rare as diamonds.

Coming soon to a Wally near you.....

.... works for me! :D

"Your eyes are too far apart. Nose is definitely crooked. The shape of your face is not aesthetically pleasing at all. You look like a 3/10 with make up in this photo. I don't even want to imagine what you look like without make up. I actually just threw up in my mouth, just thinking about it. Your head is too big (although that may be, because of your giraffe neck posture) . As for your hair, lol. Seriously, do something. You look like a horse. Stare at your face for more than 5 seconds, and you will see how ugly you are. The eyes which are too far apart is what ruins /damages an already ugly face even further. Unfortunately for you, that can't be surgically fixed, lol. You arms are way too long. lol at how they hang by your sides. Kind of reminds me of lurch. Don't even let me start on your pale complexion. It only works if you look hot. Unfortunately, you do not look hot. Its hard to sum up a creature like you in one word. 'UGLY ' would be unfair , since it doesn't reflect how repulsive you look. GROTESQUE is stretching it. But somewhere in between, is where you would be, on the scale of an average man. I'm sorry if my words seem a little harsh. Just so you know, I sugar coated this post as much as possible."

What a crap article! It states that Hannah Mills replaced Sarah Ayton. Mills was in a 470 and Ayton a Yingling.

Strange that the Sun should know more about sailing than an 'anarchist'...

There was no Yingling in the 2012 games. Ayton was campaigning with Saskia Clarke in the 470 for 2012 - she dropped out in Feb 2011 and was replaced with Mills.

Tell me why this is relevant? This site is getting worse by the post.

This dude is a fuckin loser. There, I said it. When you choose to have children, you choose to change your lifestyle. When you realize that you can't change, you get diveorced because you put your lifestyle ahead of what's most important for your children. Divorce gives you the option to be a part-time father and part-time loser.

This dude is a fuckin loser.

You are the fucking loser by passing judgement on something that you haven't got a clue about. You do not know the real story and are judging a situation based on what the British gutter press is saying.

You are the fucking loser by passing judgement on something that you haven't got a clue about. You do not know the real story and are judging a situation based on what the British gutter press is saying.

Well Simon you seem to always tell us how well connected you are with uk sailing so maybe you can counter the British gutter press rather than just calling people fucking losers

Whoopy fucking do, Mr "I'm on the inside and know the real story, and I'm not telling YOU. Nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa."

First off, I would never discuss the private lives of friends or people I know on a forum. In fact, I wouldn't discuss it, period, because I don't see how it is the business of anybody else, other than those involved. It certainly isn't the business of anybody who posts on this forum. If you guys really get off on discussing this sort of thing you really do have very sad lives. Moreover, if you think you can pass judgement on somebody based of what you read in The Sun, one of the lowest of the low, British gutter press, you are either very naïve or simply stupid. If there is one thing I learnt years ago it is not to take anything you read in the UK gutter press for granted, or even to be anywhere near a representation of the truth.

First off, I would never discuss the private lives of friends or people I know on a forum. In fact, I wouldn't discuss it, period, because I don't see how it is the business of anybody else, other than those involved. It certainly isn't the business of anybody who posts on this forum. If you guys really get off on discussing this sort of thing you really do have very sad lives. Moreover, if you think you can pass judgement on somebody based of what you read in The Sun, one of the lowest of the low, British gutter press, you are either very naïve or simply stupid. If there is one thing I learnt years ago it is not to take anything you read in the UK gutter press for granted, or even to be anywhere near a representation of the truth.

You're right. I don't know the whole story. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna guess that since she gave up her career for their family, that she is not the cause of the split.

As a child of divorced parents with two young (3&2) children of my own, I can tell you that you make the sacrifices necessary for the benefit of your children or you're a fuckin loser. Once you start a family, it's not about you; it's about them.

New chick thinks that this is forever, and doesn't realize that she too will be replaced some day with another new chick, just as easy as she replaced the old chick. And on and on it will go.

Don't you know anyhting, this sort of shite goes on page 3 next to the tits.

I know enough to look at the tits and never read any shit in that foul rag.

This sums it up perfectly

New chick thinks that this is forever, and doesn't realize that she too will be replaced some day with another new chick, just as easy as she replaced the old chick. And on and on it will go.

Next one will need to have a Bronze !!

There's some fit young birds on the Team GB 49er squad... on to the next fit dinghy chick! Kudos to him for pulling two 470 birds in row.

Must the first time that watersports involving boats have made it into that piece of shit lowlife rag. Chavs wont have a clue what the papers on about when they get up at lunchtime

That's funny. I don't care who you are.

You're right. I don't know the whole story. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna guess that since she gave up her career for their family, that she is not the cause of the split.

As a child of divorced parents with two young (3&2) children of my own, I can tell you that you make the sacrifices necessary for the benefit of your children or you're a fuckin loser. Once you start a family, it's not about you; it's about them.

+1

Growing up in a family where the parents stay together but can't stand the sight of each other isn't so wonderful either and it's a subject on which I can speak with some feeling. Staying together for the sake of the children isn't always best for them, in my opinion. Personally however, I plan to remain married. As for whether these remarks have any bearing on the couple in question, I have no idea.

What was it that Chris Rock said ? men are only as faithful as they can afford not to be?

BTW the data on divorce is that as long as there isn't constant fighting, staying together is better for the kids than splitting.

Unless, you've been the subject of the news, or been involved in a situation which was reported in the news, you have no idea and would never guess how low the signal to noise ratio is generally... I've been involved, personally and professionally, in a number of reported stories and I can say from first hand experience that a great deal of what you read is ether erroneous or editorial pretending to be factual. Of course, there is always a core of properly reported facts but generally, those are obscured or provided in mis leading context.

I agree the story sounds horrible. But that's what's been written, not necessarily a representation of the complete or accurate picture.

You can say that again!!!

This Be the Verse

Philip Larkin

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.

They may not mean to, but they do.

They fill you with the faults they had

And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn

By fools in old-style hats and coats,

Who half the time were soppy-stern

And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.

It deepens like a coastal shelf.

Get out as early as you can,

And don’t have any kids yourself.

these guys are (minor) celebrities in the UK

this kind of attention comes with the territory, and everyone involved knows it.

i feel sorry for the ex though, because she really didn't have much choice in the matter.

That would be a very respectable point of view if you hadn't gone through the effort of posting on a thread to tell us all how you're not going to post on a thread.

Whether you care to admit it or not, simply by posting in this thread to argue with someone, you are now "discussing this sort of thing" and by default you've joined all of us with "very sad lives." I congratulate you sir! :) Welcome to life down here at the bottom of the barrel. There's always room for one more!

Funny thing is that both women look very much alike... He obviously has a thing for blonds but just prefers them in their 20's.

What was it that Chris Rock said ? men are only as faithful as they can afford not to be?

BTW the data on divorce is that as long as there isn't constant fighting, staying together is better for the kids than splitting.

"Men are only as faithful as their options" is what I remember from the Chris Rock bit.

That would be a very respectable point of view if you hadn't gone through the effort of posting on a thread to tell us all how you're not going to post on a thread.

Whether you care to admit it or not, simply by posting in this thread to argue with someone, you are now "discussing this sort of thing" and by default you've joined all of us with "very sad lives." I congratulate you sir! :) Welcome to life down here at the bottom of the barrel. There's always room for one more!

Indeed...

me thinks he doth protest too much and is so covered in shite that he cannot smelleth his own stinketh. B)

You can say that again!!!

Yes if there is one thing Simon the insider hasn't learnt it is how not to Multi post. Or maybe he just believes that if you say something often enough it becomes true.

Apart from the great contribution that your 3 posts have made. Please just fuck off and don't bother about the tits.

So sailor dumps one who used to get funding for one who still gets funding.

Simple commercial decision and not without precedent.

What is the problem.

Unless, you've been the subject of the news, or been involved in a situation which was reported in the news, you have no idea and would never guess how low the signal to noise ratio is generally... I've been involved, personally and professionally, in a number of reported stories and I can say from first hand experience that a great deal of what you read is ether erroneous or editorial pretending to be factual. Of course, there is always a core of properly reported facts but generally, those are obscured or provided in mis leading context.

I agree the story sounds horrible. But that's what's been written, not necessarily a representation of the complete or accurate picture.

Very true. having endured several situations that have made the press,I can't agree more. NYC press is brutal. Seattle press was respectful. London was/is pathetic

Apart from the great contribution that your 3 posts have made. Please just fuck off and don't bother about the tits.
HA...another internet tough guy. 4 posts now.

Olympic hero to Olympic zero quicker than you can tack a dingy.

HA...another internet tough guy. 4 posts now.

Great. Another one. Can you guys stay off Insta-twit-book or where ever these children hang out!

Olympic hero to Olympic zero quicker than you can tack a dingy.

Is that as quick as you can tack a 'dinghy'?

Because most guys who get married, want a family, and they stop fucking the mother of the Children.

Sex keeps a bond strong.

If you can you had better keep it up.

Not to worry

Fuck you woody.

Look at how much money the advertisers here paid to pay Scot's Attorneys for his divorce and how much it cost me.

FUCK YOU AND SCOT.

I hate this planet and you fucking selfish fucks.

Poor kids. I am just surprised a Brit rag carried the story - let you know if it shows up in Practical Boat Owner next month - doubt it.

Strange that the Sun should know more about sailing than an 'anarchist'...

There was no Yingling in the 2012 games. Ayton was campaigning with Saskia Clarke in the 470 for 2012 - she dropped out in Feb 2011 and was replaced with Mills.

Oops must pay more attention.

I am just surprised a Brit rag carried the story

Why be surprised? It's owned by Murdoch. The executive editor has recently been charged with bribing a public official for information.

Rebekah Brooks, former Chief Executive of News International, has been charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. Murdoch closed the News of the World after it was caught hacking the phone of a murdered schoolgirl.

For decades Murdoch enjoyed close relationships with the British political class who wanted favourable coverage in his media empire.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Because most guys who get married, want a family, and they stop fucking the mother of the Children.

Sex keeps a bond strong.

Not to worry

Fuck you woody.

Look at how much money the advertisers here paid to pay Scot's Attorneys for his divorce and how much it cost me.

FUCK YOU AND SCOT.

Soooo, still haven't been paid out then yet?

OLYMPIC hero Nick Dempsey has split from his sailing star wife — after she sacrificed her own medal dreams to raise their children.

Windsurfer Dempsey, 32, is now dating the woman who took the place of his wife Sarah Ayton, 33, in Britain’s 2012 team.

He has been seen in restaurants and bars with Hannah Mills, 25, who like him won a silver medal at the London Games

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4944495/Olympic-star-dumps-wife-who-gave-up-her-medal-dream-to-raise-kidsand-dates-her-replacement-in-sail-team.html#ixzz2UdWYSrMp

Dont worry, he will be reminded about her sacrifices for the rest of his life..... starting with the divorce law suit, and ending with him left with a bit of his superannuation to enjoy if he lives to be 80..... Im so sick of hearing about women, their sacrifices and their overinflated sense of self worth and contribution... No woman is worth 60% of your life savings, especially not when its a relationship that has lasted only 5 years. how screwed up is that law ? .

Dogwatch. Yes, should have known it was a Murdoch rag... yes, that is no real surprise... I loved my visit to your part of the world last fall, lots of sailing clubs... shame I didn't make it to Key Yachting, but I did get some Musto UK Team gear. Fair Winds!

Sex keeps a bond strong.

>>Not to worry

Fuck you woody.

FUCK YOU AND SCOT.

ok, if some philandering brit makes the front page, then this nugget deserves at least its own thread...

talk about generating page views...

let the truth be told...please...in fact, lets get our crack investigative reporter Jimmy Olsen (aka Mr. Clean) on this story

let the truth be told...please...in fact, lets get our crack investigative reporter Jimmy Olsen (aka Mr. Clean) on this story

Woew! Talke abote poolar oppossittes!!

I can't believe this thread went 72 posts without pics! Fuck, are you guys slipping?

Out with the old:

sarahayton-1052684.jpg

In with the new:

mills_2297550b.jpg

Looks like pretty much the same OD class, just a newer hull number.

I'm not judging, but......

538ff0eddcba62836620eb8f18867056.png

Sporty couple split after Olympics. Several months later, the Sun and Daily Hate report the man appears to be moving on with his life...

Yep, I can see where that's newsworthy from a Murdoch POV, besides not a lot else going on over here other than J-Lo grabbing her crotch on a family TV show and someone flushed their kid down the toilet*.

* apparently that was in China.

JBSF the OD hull number comment is a cracker !!!

Not to worry

There's a local boat called Gold Digger... Someone always tells a story said to be the owners'...

I can't believe this thread went 72 posts without pics! Fuck, are you guys slipping?

Out with the old:

sarahayton-1052684.jpg

In with the new:

mills_2297550b.jpg

Looks like pretty much the same OD class, just a newer hull number.

I'm not judging, but......

538ff0eddcba62836620eb8f18867056.png

Classic Jeff. LoL.

:D

As much as I dislike the Sun, I hate the Daily mail even more. They pretend to be something they are not. They pose as a quality paper when really they are just selling shock stories to the middle aged who like to think that they know better than Sun readers. I put the Daily Mail in with the Red Tops, they are all scum.

It interesting to think about how each person could be portrayed:

Ayton: Devoted mother who gave up her career for her husband but couldn't keep him satisfied in bed - or - Soured cunt who realised she didn't have what it took to do another olympic campaign and started to despise her husband as his success grew....

Dempsey: Olympic hero who gave all to his campaign and didn't have anything left for his marriage - or - philandering twat riding high on olympic success didn't give two shits about his family and went after the easiest piece of ass....

Mills: Innocent you girl, drunk on olympic success fell for the advances of a role model - or - conniving bitch who is trying to work her way to the top and like sucking dick to get there....

The story could contain any of these variations or none but its that easy to write a story for a UK rag.

The story could contain any of these variations

I thick it contanes alle! Perpective deepens on plaice in the tringle.

impeccable timing Soley... all three of them are burying a friend and team mate today.

I hope the cheap laugh is worth it, but as for your comments on the DM, yep, spot on.

It interesting to think about how each person could be portrayed:

Ayton: Devoted mother who gave up her career for her husband but couldn't keep him satisfied in bed - or - Soured cunt who realised she didn't have what it took to do another olympic campaign and started to despise her husband as his success grew....

Dempsey: Olympic hero who gave all to his campaign and didn't have anything left for his marriage - or - philandering twat riding high on olympic success didn't give two shits about his family and went after the easiest piece of ass....

Mills: Innocent you girl, drunk on olympic success fell for the advances of a role model - or - conniving bitch who is trying to work her way to the top and like sucking dick to get there....

The story could contain any of these variations or none but its that easy to write a story for a UK rag.

All good potential story lines. Except for I'm not sure how you suck dick to get to the top of an Olympic sport. Unless of course they made dick sucking an Olympic sport. In which case Gaytor is sure to make the US team.....

I don't know about any funerals, and a cheap laugh yes it is.

impeccable timing Soley... all three of them are burying a friend and team mate today.

I hope the cheap laugh is worth it, but as for your comments on the DM, yep, spot on.