• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killapenguin

Washington DC Beer Cans?

I will be in the DC area (Arlington, VA) next week (June 11-15). Is there any kind of beer can series in the area on, say, Wed, Thurs, or Fri night? Would like to go for a sail if possible. Lots of experience crewing boats from 20 '- 45'.

try Washington Sailing Marina just south of National Airport. Annapolis Wednesday and Friday, West River Wednesday.

To Leon T and TheOffice, thanks for your help. I was able to step off the plane at Reagan Airport and basically step right onto the Ultimate 24, Rogue, at Washington Sailing Marina. Had a great time with the skipper and crew sailing on the Potomac and drinking Yuengling.

Is this easy to get to from downtown? I'll be in town for work this Tuesday and was thinking of showing up on the docks with a 12 pack hoping for a ride.

you'll need a car or a cab. it's not really accessible by public transportation. just come over the 14th st bridge and head south on the GW Parkway ... well ya could take metro to Reagan and walk(south) down the bike path to the marina.

Good day fellow drinkers with a sailing problem,

I just moved her from Chicago and am looking for a ride. I have been sailing on lake Michigan for the past 7 years with experience on a J120, C&C115, FT10, and Trip 37 (having multiple seasons on all of the above). Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am starting to go into sailing withdrawal.

if you can get to West RIver by 5:30 you can do a wed night with us on the 35.

send me a pm if you think you can make it and I'll send you directions.

I am coming to DC for a couple of weeks from july 14th on and was wondering if there was any possibility of a ride on Tuesday nights at the Washington Sailing Marina? I sent BnG a message about Wed nights but would like to get out on Tuesday as well. I own my own boat (j35) in the PNW and can do just about any race job, just not a rock start on all/or any of them. Please let me know if you have room for the 15th and/or the 22nd. And I will bring beer.

anyone? for the 15th and/or 22nd?

Is there a place in the marina for crew to show up for pick up ect? I will take requests for beer...

I have two weeks of dumb work trip and want to have some fun.

thanks for coming down mate, hope ya had fun.

I never even knew D.C. was on the water :blink:

most major cities everywhere are on some sort of water.

I never even knew D.C. was on the water :blink:

most major cities everywhere are on some sort of water.

Yep.

In fact, something about the water (rapids, fall line, delta, etc....) tends to explain why the city is there in the first place.

Slow moving river. Saw it today flying in.

it's pretty slow where you saw it flying into Reagan, but 5 or 6 people punch their ticket every year about 5 miles upstream from there.

there's some pretty decent rapids for yaks and canoes north of Georgetown and all the way up to the foothills.

Slow moving river. Saw it today flying in.

it's pretty slow where you saw it flying into Reagan, but 5 or 6 people punch their ticket every year about 5 miles upstream from there.

there's some pretty decent rapids for yaks and canoes north of Georgetown and all the way up to the foothills.

Upstream, just before DC...

20070106-GreatFalls.jpg