• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rum Runner

Doonesbury Dropped

So I am a dinosaur who still reads a real newspaper every day. My rag of choice is the Chicago Tribune which also works well as emergency toilet paper when the need arises.

Anyways, the Trib just dropped the daily and Sunday Doonesbury comics from their pages. This pisses me off since it is one of the reasons I continued to get the paper delivered.

Have other papers dropped this or other favorites recently?

Chime in.

Reading the paper (Chi Trib) over a morning cup o' joe with the wife is a daily thing at our house. I've been missing Doonesbury as well. I saw no notice and haven't found it in other sections. Might be time to just quit this home subscription. Heck, I read the Hawks lost in today's edition and I don't like reading that kind of Shite!

Just be glad you are even getting a paper at all. They killed the Rocky mtn news yrs ago and the post just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Read the trib online for Bears stuff. Bitches went to subscription only online about a yr ago... sucks.....

Boston Glob (dead trees edition) still publishes Doonesbury. I'm getting my daily fix online, though. Bad enough hauling buckets of partly read copies of the Wall St.Urinal to the dump... er.. "State of the Art Recycling and Disposal Facility"... to ship to China.

Kind of in withdrawal for Trudeau' s summer hiatus.... Nerve of that guy, going to reruns right after sending Alex into labor (twins, no less), at her graduation (from MIT, no less). To say nothing of leaving us hanging on Zonker and Zipper's pot farm venture, unfinished business with Jeff and the editor chick, Joanie's Senate job, attempted coups in Berzerkistan.... At least gives us Doonesbury addicts something to look forward to after Labor Day.

Doons hasn't been funny since the 70's. Truly odd that he bothers, as it as slipped from being meaningful to just left wing pabulum

Read Doonesbury online every morning right before I check out SA.... Been a fan since I was a kid!

I always kinda figured you were related to Duke.

Read Doonesbury online every morning right before I check out SA.... Been a fan since I was a kid!

I always kinda figured you were related to Duke.

Back in the day when Duke would hallucinate (due to pills containing "extract from the pineal glands of male adolescent iguanas") the strip was classic.... And his ongoing feud with John Denver was good for a laugh too....

Say what you want about Trudeau, but nothing in the so-called mainstream media shows as much empathy toward active military and recent veterans. He invests characters like B.D., Toggle, Carlos and Melissa with depth -- dignity and strength and humor, as well as pathos and struggle.

Say what you want about Trudeau, but nothing in the so-called mainstream media shows as much empathy toward active military and recent veterans. He invests characters like B.D., Toggle, Carlos and Melissa with depth -- dignity and strength and humor, as well as pathos and struggle.

+1!! Don't forget Ray, the Gulf vet with PTSD.....

+1!! Don't forget Ray, the Gulf vet with PTSD.....

Sorry, SGT Ray. And what's her name, Melissa's sidekick, the woman who came out of the closet after DADT was repealed. And the guy who runs the Vets' Center.