• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjb

Don't use "gay" in the perjorative, it makes your website

I'm a straight east coast sailor, and hate the uptight funny pants/blue blazer crew as much as the next beer can racer. I fully appreciate that this is supposed to be anarchy, but using "gay" in the perjorative on the front page is just plain ignorant. Clean it up, guys.

cool or homo?

ok sorry - just a throwback to the olden days of the forums

Homo...way Homo.

Come on SA, using "gay" in the pejorative is so queer.

No, wait, I think it's retarded, yeah, that's it, it's retarded.

Way to up the ante. Maybe some racial slurs will really make this awesome.

If I were an advertiser I'd yank my ads right now.

I agree with sjb. Seems a lot of people think this stuff is funny. It's not funny.

'I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared; you are an asshole.'

I agree with sjb. Seems a lot of people think this stuff is funny. It's not funny.

'I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared; you are an asshole.'

ditto..

I read it and just thought the author must be a moron....

kinda fits with some other front page shit I've read recently...

and any advertisers who think it is funny won't be in business very long.

if anything is "gay" it's the cock slobbering from sr. chief on the fnt pg.

+1

It was old yrs ago when I was one of a very few speaking out against it. Today it's just ignorance.

The site is Anarchy: its like yelling at Howard Stern to knock off the vernacular. This is how people talk in the real world: outside of the PC world, you can call someone gay as a pejorative and not be 1% anti-gay any more than you are anti-anyone else. Caricatures and stereotypes are too scary for people who don't trust other people to grasp the nuance of using language in different ways for different situations. These people treat words (symbols) as real things, because they are scared of the power of words inter alia.

SA's advertisers know what they are getting - and damn straight SA should print what it wants to print. The ultimate proof of the harmlessness of this kind of language is the license we grant each group to own their terms; A jew telling another jew to quit jewing him is generally acceptable to most people. A black person calling another black person a nigger is incredibly common in pop culture and perfectly acceptable. Nobody gay bashes like the queers, as everyone knows, and everyone is fine with it.

Now I personally don't like to step across those lines - it's simply not respectful to do so, and it makes people uncomfortable, which is bad manners, and bad manners mean you have no class, regardless of your station in life. But fuck-all if you are reading this website, you expect and demand disrespect, THAT'S WHAT ITS HERE FOR. When you get too mainstream, you get this kind of mewling from PC John Q. Public. Bad enough gallows humor is now forbidden ( I thought Washed Up was just fine and If I were the dead guy next time id be pleased with that kind of line)...life is harsh enough already- a few laughs ain't gonna hurt anyone.

You either believe in your gut all people are born equal or you don't, and all the language in the world wont change that in a person.

The site is Anarchy: its like yelling at Howard Stern to knock off the vernacular. This is how people talk in the real world: outside of the PC world, you can call someone gay as a pejorative and not be 1% anti-gay any more than you are anti-anyone else. Caricatures and stereotypes are too scary for people who don't trust other people to grasp the nuance of using language in different ways for different situations. These people treat words (symbols) as real things, because they are scared of the power of words inter alia.

SA's advertisers know what they are getting - and damn straight SA should print what it wants to print. The ultimate proof of the harmlessness of this kind of language is the license we grant each group to own their terms; A jew telling another jew to quit jewing him is generally acceptable to most people. A black person calling another black person a nigger is incredibly common in pop culture and perfectly acceptable. Nobody gay bashes like the queers, as everyone knows, and everyone is fine with it.

Now I personally don't like to step across those lines - it's simply not respectful to do so, and it makes people uncomfortable, which is bad manners, and bad manners mean you have no class, regardless of your station in life. But fuck-all if you are reading this website, you expect and demand disrespect, THAT'S WHAT ITS HERE FOR. When you get too mainstream, you get this kind of mewling from PC John Q. Public. Bad enough gallows humor is now forbidden ( I thought Washed Up was just fine and If I were the dead guy next time id be pleased with that kind of line)...life is harsh enough already- a few laughs ain't gonna hurt anyone.

You either believe in your gut all people are born equal or you don't, and all the language in the world wont change that in a person.

What a load of horse shit. It isn't about "political correctness". You're using PC in the pejorative now. I never use race, religion, sexual orientation or disability in a pejorative sense, and neither should any of us. Not because i want to be politically correct, but because it's wrong. You say it's ok here because, hey, it's anarchy. There is no proper place for it. "a few laughs ain't gonna hurt anyone"; do you really laugh at this crap?

Come on SA, using "gay" in the pejorative is so queer.

No, wait, I think it's retarded, yeah, that's it, it's retarded.

Way to up the ante. Maybe some racial slurs will really make this awesome.

If I were an advertiser I'd yank my ads right now.

he said "up the ante" and "yank my" :o

poofter ;)

Sorry kid, but in the real world you don't get away with racial, sexual, or religious pejoratives. People are offended, and stupid people lose their jobs as a result. I rather doubt that the SA advertisers are big fans of this homophobic bullshit.

if anything is "gay" it's the cock slobbering from sr. chief on the fnt pg.

Jesus was that sad and pathetic. The guy thinks he's Admiral Nelson. Real vets don't feel the need to slobber like that. Thank you for your service at sea and protecting my dock from the Germans. And you will be proud to introduce your kids to this site? Senior Douche (retired). Good luck.

Sorry kid, but in the real world you don't get away with racial, sexual, or religious pejoratives. People are offended, and stupid people lose their jobs as a result. I rather doubt that the SA advertisers are big fans of this homophobic bullshit.

paula-deen2_custom-0b30419dbbe077460d439

cropped-homer-jump-shark1.jpg

Those shorts are gay anyway you look at it. Now everyone STFU about the FP!

Really? You have this little crotch weasel making his living based upon YOUR participation on his website. Unless you also happen to be morbidly homophobic, wouldn't you rather be identified as someone opposed to the views espoused by the editors on the FP? I mean, feel free to be a sheep...

I actually have a theory that these two fuckwits are desperately trying to drive the "value" of SA into the toilet because of the Myers suit.

One of the first Openly "Marvin" MoTown performers

875-475_Marvin_Gaye_LGO_MW_1973_by_Jim_B

Really? You have this little crotch weasel making his living based upon YOUR participation on his website. Unless you also happen to be morbidly homophobic, wouldn't you rather be identified as someone opposed to the views espoused by the editors on the FP? I mean, feel free to be a sheep...

No mate I don't give a shit who makes a living out of this place. But do you not see the irony of posting here how we should all stop posting here?

Baaa! Baaa!

I'm offended that you used the term "crotch weasel" pejoratively. Whatever they are, crotch weasels have as much right to respect as gays.

I'm a bit confused here. Are we mad at Ed/Clean again or at the whiny poofter who started this thread?

I'd hate myself for joining the crybabies, but I really don't want to defend Dumb and Dumber either!

I'm a straight east coast sailor, and hate the uptight funny pants/blue blazer crew as much as the next beer can racer. I fully appreciate that this is supposed to be anarchy, but using "gay" in the perjorative on the front page is just plain ignorant. Clean it up, guys.

OP's a phaggot

Sorry kid, but in the real world you don't get away with racial, sexual, or religious pejoratives. People are offended, and stupid people lose their jobs as a result.

Sorry Grandma, but USA != Real World.

Anarchists are supposed to be people who rebel against any authority, established order, or ruling power, in this case where in the US it seems there are an indecent amount of NYYC clones and sailing is at the elitist end of society, SA seems an appropriate response. However using "gay" or "homo" or whatever demonstrates the pitiful intellectual level of the authors. which is of immature pimply teenagers who havent managed to meet anyone gay yet, when a gay black sailor is probably the ultimate "anarchist" as they would have to rebel against the social straightjacket that even the rebels on this board put them in. Oh and Its simply bad manners to call people names.

Cheers GB

What's everyone getting so butt-hurt over? Someone on the internet called someone GAY?!? Holy chit, call the FBI/CIA/CSIRO/AFP/Bill Gates/The Queen/Larry E......

Seriously guys, how is this even news.

You realise that there are countries where women are still being oppressed and children are starving, right? #firstworldproblems

They are doing a damn fine job of it!

I actually have a theory that these two fuckwits are desperately trying to drive the "value" of SA into the toilet because of the Myers suit.

Well, we all have to be good at something, and god knows writing headlines for the mythical front page isn't their forte.

SA now means Sailing Assholes.

Got their asses sued for calling someone a "grifter"

last week managed to insult the family of tragic sailing accident victim

now, they want take on gays?

these guys are just plain stupid...sadly, that isn't easy to fix.

+1 If there are any advertisers who read through any of the forum BS... know that I'll not be buying from you.

They haven't made fun of paraplegics, blind people, or public masturbators this week. Bunch of slackers :rolleyes:

Well, we all have to be good at something, and god knows writing headlines for the mythical front page isn't their forte.

Well, now the Dawg has jumped ship, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until the first group makes the headlines.

And Ed and Scot aren't known for their self-deprecating humour, so don't hold your breath for the public masturbators jokes.

They haven't made fun of paraplegics, blind people, or public masturbators this week. Bunch of slackers :rolleyes:

Ya'll faggots go and donate to Scooter's yet another undisclosed unreporting fund now, ya hear!

What happened to the last fund raising exercise??

Which one? The SAYC memberships fund? Scot told everyone to shut the fuck up and donate to his commercial enterprise which did not have an obligation to report on how the funds would be spent.

Ya'll faggots go and donate to Scooter's yet another undisclosed unreporting fund now, ya hear!

Which one? The SAYC memberships fund? Scot told everyone to shut the fuck up and donate to his commercial enterprise which did not have an obligation to report on how the funds would be spent.

That might have been the one, how many people donated to that one???? :rolleyes:

The hyperbole is strong on this one

Because this is a fight of good versus evil.

We have dedicated the last 13 years of our lives sharing this sport with you on Sailing Anarchy. What’s *********** done for you besides sitting back on his superyacht, pulling on cigars and scotch with his pals Ernie and Brad, laughing about how easy it is to crush the little guy with cash and power. If ************ wins, SA disappears – quite publicly. If ************ wins, sailing takes a step backwards. Money and fear will have triumphed over honesty and fun.

It will be up to you who wins this suit. ************ has proven he is fighting with nothing but his wallet. We have the truth on our side and an army of supporters, but without your money, we lose. It’s your decision: Do we live or do we die?

We have dedicated the last 13 years of our lives sharing this sport with you on Sailing Anarchy. What’s *********** done for you besides sitting back on his superyacht, pulling on cigars and scotch with his pals Ernie and Brad, laughing about how easy it is to crush the little guy with cash and power. If ************ wins, SA disappears – quite publicly. If ************ wins, sailing takes a step backwards. Money and fear will have triumphed over honesty and fun.

It will be up to you who wins this suit. ************ has proven he is fighting with nothing but his wallet. We have the truth on our side and an army of supporters, but without your money, we lose. It’s your decision: Do we live or do we die?

and the melodrama, they both might have to get real jobs :o

and the melodrama, they both might have to get real jobs :o

Or Ed might have to sell the Shaw! :o

Loosen up your training bras you buncha bitches.* Those prissy little outfits were gay look'n and y'all know it. The FP simply stated the obvious.

*Do I have the required number of posts to make the above statement?

Asking if those guys look gay is lame. So beyond the pale it hurts.

Asking if those guys look like Craig Fletcher is okay.

can't see the chin implants from that angle

Loosen up your training bras you buncha bitches.* Those prissy little outfits were gay look'n and y'all know it. The FP simply stated the obvious.

*Do I have the required number of posts to make the above statement?

How were their outfits even remotely homosexual? You realise nobody else is wearing baggy three quarter jean-shorts anymore bloke. Maybe it's time to update your wardrobe.

They always give Gaston a free kick.

I was recently informed by the Mrs that it's not nice to say "retarded" either, you Scrote Strokers.

Well tell that cunt to harden the fuck up.

You are all so Homo Sapiens. Or Homo Erectus.

so now we have homosapienaphobics?

God and I thought the front page was why I don't visit this site often anymore.....

Sailing ANARCHY is not about POLITE discourse. Poof

Im a gay east coast Aussie sailor and can definately tell you that there are quite a number of very good gay sailors out there, most in the halfway grey zone between being in and out to their sailing mates, a few who are totally out and a few, mostly older guys, who are in the closet totally.

It takes a lot to annoy me, and its not until recently that I would have been shitted off about the use of 'gay' in this manner, hell i even called gays gay.

Sailing people are by and large, and I mean 99% plus, supportive and dont give 2 shits about someones sexuality, its beneath most to care. Sure theres always a few tossers out there but u get the idea. I came out nearly 15 years ago, at the time running the bow on a local maxi and no one gave a shit at all I wantedsome sort of reaction I think and got 'your gay, ok...and?'

Just my 2 penny's worth, now all go fuck yourselves:)