Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DA-WOODY

And They're OFF -----> Luna Rossa to boycott first race :-0

So looks like they might take turns peeing in the punch

This will hurt those running Charters

and those paying for Charters, Rooms & Air Fare and event seats/packages at first

and those selling Charters, Rooms & Air Fare and event seats/packages thereafter

it's a Huge Bucket of Ice Water over the event when least needed :(

Luna Rossa to boycott first race San Francisco, 07/06/2013

m5327_ak-ac34julyd5-0598.jpg

© ACEA / PHOTO Abner Kingman

On Saturday afternoon Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 issued a press release stating it will not race its first scheduled match of the Louis Vuitton Cup, the America’s Cup Challenger Series, tomorrow against Emirates Team New Zealand.

“This isn’t unexpected, but it's still disappointing,” said Stephen Barclay, the CEO of the America’s Cup. “It’s a case of won’t race, not can’t race.

“The people really hurt by this are the fans, who have waited for more than two years to see the first race in these spectacular AC72 catamarans.

“This is particularly disappointing considering Luna Rossa was out sailing on the race course on Saturday,” said Barclay.

The Luna Rossa statement reads: “As already informally stated in the last few days, Luna Rossa is waiting for the International Jury decision on its protest against the measures introduced by the Regatta Director.”

“What I don’t understand is they sailed today (Saturday), they say they will sail if they win or lose the protest, but they just won’t sail against Emirates Team New Zealand on Sunday,” Barclay said.

Emirates Team New Zealand will need to start the race on Sunday at 12:15 pm PT and sail the course to collect the first point in the Louis Vuitton Cup.

At Friday’s press conference, Kiwi skipper Dean Barker confirmed his team “will be out there, ready to race.”

anyone wanna bet 100 warning points that TNZ shall sit out the 2nd race (and all even ones thereafter)

LR's way of getting even

and TNZ's way of getting Odd ;)

What a pathetic display. The rules dispute is totally irrelevant to this race.

Can't decide if it's pure spite at this point, or if Bertelli and Sirena are just trying to avoid getting embarrassed on the race course for a few more days.

Argue in the room and on the dock all you want, but when the warning signal sounds, you fucking go racing or you're not a sailor or a sportsman.

Can't decide if it's pure spite at this point, or if Bertelli and Sirena are just trying to avoid getting embarrassed on the race course for a few more days.

Argue in the room and on the dock all you want, but when the warning signal sounds, you fucking go racing or you're not a sailor or a sportsman.

I could not disagree more. I am heading to San fran in a week, desperate to see racing, but I support LRs actions, would be happy if ETNZ did the same (I know they can't, commercial reasons etc)

The fucking knob who tried to change the rules 2 weeks out is the reason for this. I don't care who it is, or what their reasons, not fair to change the rules so close to an event for 1 party, and 2 months out for another.

Well done to LR for taking a stand against stupidity, and issuing a warning to the ACRM to sort out their shit.

I could not disagree more. I am heading to San fran in a week, desperate to see racing, but I support LRs actions, would be happy if ETNZ did the same (I know they can't, commercial reasons etc)

The fucking knob who tried to change the rules 2 weeks out is the reason for this. I don't care who it is, or what their reasons, not fair to change the rules so close to an event for 1 party, and 2 months out for another.

Well done to LR for taking a stand against stupidity, and issuing a warning to the ACRM to sort out their shit.

In what way is this "taking a stand"?

All it does is undermine the event and rob the fans of racing. It doesn't bolster their case in any way, nor would racing hurt them in any way. Whether the disputed rules are adopted or not, their boats are completely legal and the results would stand.

It's a total joke. If they're not here to race, go the fuck home. All of the Dalton ass kissers have been saying that Artemis should be eliminated because they can't show up to race, now you're supporting a team that is perfectly capable of racing CHOOSING not to out of pure spite?

And what "warning" are they sending? That if they don't get their way they'll refuse to race and be eliminated without ever sailing a race? Who is that a threat against? They're holding a gun to their own head and threatening to shoot themselves.

this is the AC way.

it HAD to happen (well, something did). Nobody on the individual teams will ever remember this week and get paid whatever happens.

^^^ I totally agree with you. I applaud LR for sticking to their principles, and I have to admit I too was hoping ETNZ would do the same. But when you have obligations to your sponsors, you have no choice I suppose...

+1

I had to deal with this when my kids were 4-6 years old......................................... :angry:

I'm one of those that has spent the money to book travel, room, on water viewing etc. I want to see what I paid to see of course but I also get the teams position. This isn't a situation where anyone on the outside is going to win, only the eventual winner of the AC is going to benefit from this so they are going to play it out as they see fit in order to make that happen.

Sucks for me and everyone else in my position but I still hold out hope that some of us get to see some actual racing in July, if not I venture to say that it will negatively affect the event as it goes forward. First impressions are important and right now it is looking ugly. People will have no interest in following something that may or may not happen, there are too many other things to do.

Because of the build up to this particular AC with all of the hype and the subsequent failure to live up to it I believe that years of good work to bring sailing into the mainstream has been lost and will have far reaching effects on the AC cycle for many, many years.

I'm one of those that has spent the money to book travel, room, on water viewing etc. I want to see what I paid to see of course but I also get the teams position. This isn't a situation where anyone on the outside is going to win, only the eventual winner of the AC is going to benefit from this so they are going to play it out as they see fit in order to make that happen.

Sucks for me and everyone else in my position but I still hold out hope that some of us get to see some actual racing in July, if not I venture to say that it will negatively affect the event as it goes forward. First impressions are important and right now it is looking ugly. People will have no interest in following something that may or may not happen, there are too many other things to do.

Because of the build up to this particular AC with all of the hype and the subsequent failure to live up to it I believe that years of good work to bring sailing into the mainstream has been lost and will have far reaching effects on the AC cycle for many, many years.

For Luna Rosa

For the record, May 22 was 7 weeks ago, not two weeks ago.

+1000

Agree - I see the point of being pissed the IJ could not respond prior to racing, but when you make the statement you will race regardless of the decision you put yourself in an unusual position.

+1

+1000

Looks like you can't keep your timelines straight either hastings, or is it kia ora ?

Bozo, do you even know what he is referring to ? :)

I had to deal with this when my kids were 4-6 years old......................................... :angry:

Let him sit in the corner and pout - I hope the IJ factors this into their decision. :)

Agree - I see the point of being pissed the IJ could not respond prior to racing, but when you make the statement you will race regardless of the decision you put yourself in an unusual position.

Bozo, who told you they would not race later ? :)

Bozo, who told you they would not race later ? :)

Insult Index = -4

You need to apply yourself better next time.

So, your kids were into this $50M deal and you fucked them over so they spit the pacifier out and threw their toys out of the pram?

All the bleeding heart supporters of LR's racing team's decision to not race 'on principle' should be yelling at the top of their lungs from their own crows nests to stop ETNZ's race team from racing either. What's the difference?

To support LR's principle to not race but then also support ETNZ's opposite principle to make them pay for it is hypocritical to the extreme.

If ETNZ supports LR in principle then their principles would obviously have them stay at the dock too. Which opposing principles matter most?

Bozo, do you even know what he is referring to ? :)

Insult Index = -4.5/10

Your performance is slipping - take note.

All the bleeding heart supporters of LR's racing team's decision to not race 'on priciple' should be yelling at the top of their lungs from their own crows nests to stop ETNZ's race team from racing either. What's the difference?

To support LR's principle to not race but then also support ETNZ's opposite principle to make them pay for it is hypocritical to the extreme.

If ETNZ supports LR in principle then their principles would obviously have them stay at the dock too. Which opposing principles matter most?

In all fairness, I understand and agree about LR's being pissed that the IJ could not react sooner.

Just not sure what not racing gains them, I guess they have this one in the bag and are not concerned :)

what a stupid situtation

AR would be Excluded of the jury uphold the protest, LR wont race of they change the rules, OR stand silent as they win advantage either way, ETNZ trying to avoid getting screwed by the changes. which either way they will as the are screwed with no competition if LR sit out and Screwed if AR dont get a chance to race also.

WE JUST WANT TO SEE THE DAM BOATS RACE!!!

LR's willful choice (Not inability) to not show for the race as scheduled

should put them on the hook

for any and All expenses lost by those on either side of Charters, Rooms & Air Fare and Event Seats/Packages

I'd be PISSED to put up with today's Flight delays, Late room arrival Only to see Jack Shit tomorrow

​I'll bet the average (non local) person is spending $1,000 per day to see a race

​and an average (anywhere else) person in FRISCO is at the poverty-line Not 50% of the wealthiest attending

This can't do anything Good for anyone

TNZ should NOT sail the track for the point = What's the point ???

So, your kids were into this $50M deal and you fucked them over so they spit the pacifier out and threw their toys out of the pram?

I thought these guys were professionals, able to handle anything...................

I thought these guys were professionals, able to handle anything...................

Except underoos getting bunched up :)

You brought your kids into the deal.....this is serious shit for guys who have got 2 years and 100's of millions of dollars on the line, so changing the rules a couple of weeks before the regatta starts is a huge deal...

You comparing it to your six year old kids shows you don't have a clue....

Just posted to facebook, wonder if it is an official Oracle statement or that of James....

You've got to be kidding me, after all the accusations and conspiracy theories against OTUSA, Artemis & Iain Murray-their next strategy is to boycott the first race???
Seriously-Why are they here?
Let me out there with the boys tomorrow on USA 17-WE'll RACE!!!!!
I honestly thought they would want the practice-they've got the same boat as the kiwis-Yet from everything we've observed they are way off the pace against ETNZ...Why is that?

You brought your kids into the deal.....this is serious shit for guys who have got 2 years and 100's of millions of dollars on the line, so changing the rules a couple of weeks before the regatta starts is a huge deal...

If it is so crippling why has ETNZ not threatened to no-show? For whatever reason, and everybody says they can comply and measure-in, ETNZ can be professional and on the starting line, why can't LR?

All the bleeding heart supporters of LR's racing team's decision to not race 'on principle' should be yelling at the top of their lungs from their own crows nests to stop ETNZ's race team from racing either. What's the difference?

I think it's a poor decision of Luna Rossa and I would hope ETNZ do not make the same decision on day 1 or any subsequent days. I'm of the view they should race and worry about the legal ramifications later - hard decision though. It's not clear cut - but at the moment we have two rule compliant boats and they should go out and race.

In terms of what ETNZ should do on the day, well they should do as the NOR says, get measured, go out and race. If they other boat turns up, great, if not it's a farce but not of their making.

Not trying to stir shit up here, but I do have a question...

If LR were to withdraw from the entire event "on principle", what impact would that have on ETNZ? They would lose their training partner because wouldn't LR be considered a surrogate yacht if she were to sail as a training opponent? Could ETNZ's 2nd boat be DQ'd if LR withdraws (and is considered a surrogate) as they did train against them in Auckland? That was a question, and in no way, a suggestion...

I find LR's actions to be spiteful and silly. Sailing against ETNZ (a team also against IM's elevator rule change) wouldn't harm them or any claim they have against IM, ACRM, ACEA, LE, OTUSA, AR or even God himself... It would put on a good show for the folks who are there to see these machines take to the course. Unless they are afraid that they are so far behind ETNZ on the AC72 learning curve that they would be absolutely humiliated on the race course and elevators be damned, deemed a non competitive team.

I feel for those who came from Italy and New Zealand to see the opening ceremonies and 1st race. They will be robbed of that opportunity because some petty, rich asshole feels that he's being screwed. I applaud ETNZ for seemingly doing the right thing and announcing that they intend to be on the line and ready to race. I know they are not in agreement with the safety rulings, but they intend to fulfill their sponsor obligations and sail their boat.

I was really looking forward to this Cup. I wanted to see these awesome machines flying around the race course. Now, I'm so tired of the bullshit surrounding this event, I really don't give a crap if it actually occurs or not...

I think it's a poor decision of Luna Rossa and I would hope ETNZ do not make the same decision on day 1 or any subsequent days. I'm of the view they should race and worry about the legal ramifications later - hard decision though. It's not clear cut - but at the moment we have two rule compliant boats and they should go out and race.

In terms of what ETNZ should do on the day, well they should do as the NOR says, get measured, go out and race. If they other boat turns up, great, if not it's a farce but not of their making.

Boycotting the race seems to have little benefit for either team, but if that's the attitude they want to project, so be it.

They did the exact same thing on the requested no sail period immediately following Andrew's death, message seems pretty clear to me.

If it is so crippling why has ETNZ not threatened to no-show? For whatever reason, and everybody says they can comply and measure-in, ETNZ can be professional and on the starting line, why can't LR?

I don't know, but I would speculate that they are so pissed with the way that the rules are being played against them that they want to see how the jury will rule...and if the jury decide in favour of IM, maybe they will go home.

And wankers like spinbot and the ubertroll will be happy....

The problem is the "Deed of Gift". A document for a "gentleman's contest" being used in a big-money-at-stake serious sporting event.

To the "gentlemen" of that age, actually giving a shit was unseemly behavior. They might have argued, but in the end it was just another game, like croquet. They would have been appalled at anybody making a business out of it and had nothing to do with it if it had become one.

I think its fantastic LR are sticking to their guns and putting IM in his place. If I were in them I would do the same. Its a big fuck you to the hopeless organizers.

if you illegally fuck with the rules 1 week before a race that was 2 years in the making

of course you get competitors pissed off

if you remove the penalties for non-racing to save the sorry ass of a no-hope team

of course other teams resent their competition being turned into a pointless pony parade

if you act like GOD in a world of equals

of course others will try to pull you down

if you try to bootstrap a small, closed, family of competitors into a world class, professional competition

of course you will get a shit storm if you fail to adequately communicate what looks very much like favoritism

What rules are in force at the moment with the impending decision?

And what rudders will the Kiwis be using, Be kind of funny if one boat does a no - show and the other gets DSQ for non compliant rudders.

What rules are in force at the moment with the impending decision?

And what rudders will the Kiwis be using, Be kind of funny if one boat does a no - show and the other gets DSQ for non compliant rudders.

The boats should be sailing to the class rule. Not something that was made up on the fly to give someone else a leg up.

Anyone know what Chanel tomorrows broadcast will be on ?

ETNZ and LR should both race using their shorter rudders which only measure under the original rules... If they both get penalized the points regardless of who wins and they both make the semi finals regardless of the result of the series then no big deal.

if you illegally fuck with the rules 1 week before a race that was 2 years in the making

of course you get competitors pissed off

if you remove the penalties for non-racing to save the sorry ass of a no-hope team

of course other teams resent their competition being turned into a pointless pony parade

if you act like GOD in a world of equals

of course others will try to pull you down

if you try to bootstrap a small, closed, family of competitors into a world class, professional competition

of course you will get a shit storm if you fail to adequately communicate what looks very much like favoritism

good post

ETNZ intend(s) to fulfill their sponsor obligations and sail their boat.

GD said that ENTZ had 2000+ corporate guests to entertain in July. Whereas LR is $B-funded and can do whatever they think right. That's the difference.

It's pretty ironic for some here to be complaining about rich bastards depriving AC fans of their show. No rich bastards, no AC34.

Personally, I applaud LR for taking a stand.

Can anyone explain why the Jury is unable to sit until after the start of the regatta? I mean given the litigious nature of previous cups it's not unreasonable to expect th IJ to have to make a ruling prior to racing, so why no IJ decision???

^

Jury has been in town since Wednesday and talking to parties involved. Apparently they think they need until Monday to decide.

I wonder if racing might be argued as implicit acceptance of the rule changes. This might hurt any NYSC action LR feel they may need to take if the IJ ruling isn't favourable to them?

The standings have put Artemis's 0 ahead of LR's 0, I guess not having a boat to sail is considered better than refusing the to sail the one you do have :D

GD said that ENTZ had 2000+ corporate guests to entertain in July. Whereas LR is $B-funded and can do whatever they think right. That's the difference.

It's pretty ironic for some here to be complaining about rich bastards depriving AC fans of their show. No rich bastards, no AC34.

I see the two stances of LR and TNZ as driven by their corporate structures

1. LR. Owned by PB, a billionaire and as such does not take crap from anyone, especially those having a fiddle with the rules. If he is pissed off, he does want he wants (or doesn't do what you want). Integrity, honesty, professionalism is important to PB. That is something he is not seeing from the regatta organisers. So until he gest what has been in the rules and protocol for the last x years he will not provide any support for the organisers. When they get their act together he will come and play boats.

2. TNZ. GD reports to a board and has the needs and desire of the sponsors to take into account. They have been targeting 7th July for sometime and they do not want to get distracted with these types of issues which takes the focus off sailing fast in a fast boat. So they go sailing.

I support both teams for their different stances. The problems are not with these two teams. Indeed, if you looked at their campaigns they have done evrything required of them and everything they said they would do.

A sad day but it was the only option available to them. I'm sure ETNZ would've done the same if they could. I'm also sure that every LR team member is as gutted as we are to be missing the racing, they've put years of their lives into something only to have it stamped on moments before the big day.

Massive respect for those who took the decision though, hopefully this short-term pain will be a distant memory once the IJ rule in their favour, and they'll always know they did the right thing. Any other action would've meant selling their team members short.

JS and RC a little pissed off
"Luna Rossa Boycotts First Race"

You've got to be kidding me, after all the accusations and conspiracy theories against OTUSA, Artemis & Iain Murray-their next strategy is to boycott the first race???
I honestly thought they would want the practice-they've got the same boat as the kiwis-Yet from everything we've observed they are way off the pace against ETNZ...Why is that?
I couldn't agree more. They've got new silver sailing suits.....they are just missing the nipples!

PS: LR are part of the LVC and OR are not so this is none of your business. Also - have you no manners!

the rules are totally relevant to this race and to your teams chances in this cup... keep on trying Manolo

^

Jury has been in town since Wednesday and talking to parties involved. Apparently they think they need until Monday to decide.

Even more evidence of how badly the sport is run...............

The CG permit was issued on June 28, that's when the proposals became something like rules. That's less than two weeks before race 1.

I see the two stances of LR and TNZ as driven by their corporate structures

1. LR. Owned by PB, a billionaire and as such does not take crap from anyone, especially those having a fiddle with the rules. If he is pissed off, he does want he wants (or doesn't do what you want). Integrity, honesty, professionalism is important to PB. That is something he is not seeing from the regatta organisers. So until he gest what has been in the rules and protocol for the last x years he will not provide any support for the organisers. When they get their act together he will come and play boats.

2. TNZ. GD reports to a board and has the needs and desire of the sponsors to take into account. They have been targeting 7th July for sometime and they do not want to get distracted with these types of issues which takes the focus off sailing fast in a fast boat. So they go sailing.

I support both teams for their different stances. The problems are not with these two teams. Indeed, if you looked at their campaigns they have done evrything required of them and everything they said they would do.

+100

...multihull sailing used to be nice; ...go out race at the ocean - the first one to finish is the winner - dominated by innovative french - for the most... so they decide to use multis in AC - and then its just a bunch of assholes trying to ruin the sport as best as they can...

As if the adjustable foil on the rudder will make these boats totally safe- is there anybody buying this crap??? Any sailboat can have fatal accidents - anybody knows that.

Sir Hiss's hissy fit, also

http://ventoevele.gazzetta.it/

(doesn't seem to copy, but look at last paragraph of today's entry for TE's FB comment)

< tsk, tsk >

+1

how many people are going to try to explain to their friends why the 'race' is not on

The last minute rule changes have caused this, the fuckwit involved in the changes, and.the spineless cunts that are taking advantage of.the rule changes that were on the back foot are the ones that you dopey yanks should be hunting down for the poor charter boats!

Come on yanks, you fucked the AC with your rule bending cocksuckery, now and in the past, fix it if its that important!

Turn it into a farce LR and TNZ, the cunts deserve it!

I couldn't agree more. They've got new silver sailing suits.....they are just missing the nipples!

PS: LR are part of the LVC and OR are not so this is none of your business. Also - have you no manners!

If GD said this it would be called a masterstroke of psychological warfare from the master of psychological warfare even though he has won less than even PC. It is their business if they are being accused of gaining and orchestrating the whole thing.

Oh please - JS/RC can say this on Facebook but wouldn't dear say it to MS face...no way scaredy cats.

This achieves what.

Not really surprised at RC but I expected more from JS.

The last minute rule changes have caused this, the fuckwit involved in the changes, and.the spineless cunts that are taking advantage of.the rule changes that were on the back foot are the ones that you dopey yanks should be hunting down for the poor charter boats!

Come on yanks, you fucked the AC with your rule bending cocksuckery, now and in the past, fix it if its that important!

Turn it into a farce LR and TNZ, the cunts deserve it!

Looks to me like a bunch of kiwi's, aussies and limey's fucking this all up. There are what 3 yank's involved in the whole thing?

LR might as well boycott the whole series, and fuck off back to Italy. They aren't going to win any races anyway, they are just a sideshow on the way to ETNZ becoming the official challenger for the AC.

Typical Italian team, all style and no substance, and lots of dummy spits when they don't get their own way. What an embarrassment.

you can call LR what you want

but at least have the decency to acknowledge

they are 10x what AR should have been

but aren't

So we have SB, PC, RC, JS and TE all publicly spitting the dummy now, following IM's classic example - sad and unbecoming

OTUSA should get back in their box until September - none of their business, not to mention the fact that all players comments are supposedly constrained by an AC rule and/or an ISAF (sub judice) one. Protest the wankers who can't help themselves but to bring the sport into disrepute.

What suddenly happened to all the last fortnights angst about abusing your fellow competitors?

:( Beyond pathetic

Some good clear posts above and some typically uninformed ones - before you drink the coolaid 'I can't understand why they don't race', just remember these are the very people who engineered this fuckup, in trying to create a race in which (blue) boats don't need to turn up - Duh!

Well, here we are. I've been a critic for a long time and it looks pretty well deserved. I blame Larry at this point for not getting control over the zoo. The animals are now in charge and this is just pathetic, unprofessional and damaging to the Cup. I said this about two months ago and will reiterate it here - the very worst part of all this is the prospect of OR winning and this same group managing the next Cup.

They'll lecture about all the "lessons learned" which will be applied to AC35, but I'm sick of the "this is the America's Cup"defense of their ineptitude. There is a problem with the culture at OR with regard to the business of sport. And I have to say, consistent with posts above, that culture is born out of reliance on a group of kiwis and one American who's been around too long, doesn't think about the best interest of the sport as anywhere near equal in importance to winning and is far too confident in his own opinions and value.

Plethora of acid. Hard to read thru all of it. Why has the international jury not been called to meet BEFORE today, to settle Italian concerns, questions????

I guess no one remembers 1983 and how contentious things got back then. There was something in the newspapers every day, which back then was a very big deal, the AC had never received that much coverage over the racing since the early days in NY.

Along with everyody trying to spy and find-out about AII's wing keel there was the design rule fight, and everybody having their interpretation over the maximum draft and whether the wings met that max, and did you measure vertically when upright or when heeled, that she could sail in 9' of water, etc. Months of this stuff.

Then, speaking of being a no-show, the NYYC took a vote the day before the AC match was to begin over whether to sail the match or not, of course being the defender and running the races was a much bigger issue than we have today.

So, as much as this is a fine mess, it will not be the end of the AC, just like the legal wrangling from AC33 did not end it, or the Dunraven mess did not end it, or the depression, or WWII................

Just another bump in the road. And a reasonably small one at this point.

The Italians, to date have phoned this AC challenge in. Buy a pig (albeit a fast pig), put lipstick on it and get outclassed wherever they show up. They have remained silent on all media fronts. Take issue with a last minute rule change (can't really blame them for that) and take their ball and go home. Who benefitted from that? ETNZ will measure in under the original rules. Race them. AR and OTUSA won't. Boycott racing them. Holding the entire AC hostage has no merit. For those saying, they should stick to their guns. I say bullshit. They know they won't win and are playing the "principle" card. Screw them......

Hundreds of millions of dollars are going to waste for this Italian hissy fit. Fucking drama queens......

Hysterical arm waving reaction from the Italians, who would have guessed.

Weren't they the loudest and most animated after the tragedy? They were also the first to jump back on the water while still wiping their eyes and continuining to complain about how unsafe it all was.

The race skipped means nothing to them, they know they have no chance of winning even a single race.

The martyr status and its publicity is much more appealing marketing strategy.

Hysterical arm waving reaction from the Italians, who would have guessed.

Weren't they the loudest and most animated after the tragedy? They were also the first to jump back on the water while still wiping their eyes and continuining to complain about how unsafe it all was.

The race skipped means nothing to them, they know they have no chance of winning even a single race.

The martyr status and its publicity is much more appealing marketing strategy.

Yep, this pretty much sums it all up.

And yet, if they're so insignificant, why are RC and JS so pissed off?

Just consider what this sorry event would be without them - even sorrier, I guess

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. IS ENTZ STILL REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE TO GAIN ONE POINT.

2. IF THE ANSWER TO 1 IS YES, WILL THERE BE TV COVERAGE?

I AM TRYING TO PLAN MY DAY.

THANKS!!!!!

1 yes, ETNZ must complete the course to secure the win w/o LR on the course

2 it will not be on tv

TWO QUESTIONS:

THANKS!!!!!

1 - Yes

2 - YT says the broadcaster has cancelled the event:

TWO QUESTIONS:

THANKS!!!!!

1 - Yes

2 - YT says the broadcaster has cancelled the event:

FFS!!!!!!!!

As usual - whatever causes the most pain as possible for the fans...

A long list of people get hurt by LR not racing R1. Fans especially but also many in ACEA and ACRM and LiveLine and volunteers, etc, etc, few of whom give a rip or understand the rudders issue. ETNZ is obviously hurt by it too, and my guess is that 90% of LR would also prefer to be racing. It's what they are all about after all.

PB clearly thinks the rule changes are driven by OR, based on the idea that OR needs the change because they've been playing catchup in foiling.

While OR were behind ETNZ/LR last year it's pretty hard to argue that case since March. OR has already caught up, and under the original rules. The evidence has been out there, on the Bay, for months already. They would quickly chew up and spit out LR any time, no matter what rudders version.

My guess is that, assuming he actually believes that catch-up nonsense to still have validity somehow, that he is in part supporting the protest because he thinks it might help ETNZ's ultimate chances, more than LR's. He prefers that ETNZ win the Cup and LR become CoR. And if that is what's going on well then: all the sadder for the rest of the LR team.

LR has a perfect right to make this choice but the entire protest is predicated on a baseless assumption.

They need to realize it: OR does not need or want different rudders. They just don't give a toss either way. They are laughing outright, mocking the conspiracy.