• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Jack

Prosecutorial misconduct

(Reuters) - Ben Kruidbos, Corey's former director of information technology, was fired after testifying at a pre-trial hearing on June 6 that prosecutors failed to turn over potentially embarrassing evidence extracted from Martin's cell phone to the defense, as required by evidence-sharing laws.

Trial law requires prosecutors to share evidence with defense attorneys, especially if it helps exonerate defendants. The requirement is known as the Brady disclosure.

Kruidbos testified last month in a pre-trial hearing that he found photos on Martin's phone that included pictures of a pile of jewelry on a bed, underage nude females, marijuana plants and a hand holding a semi-automatic pistol.

Kruidbos had emailed de la Rionda in late January and attached a report containing the text messages and images he had retrieved from Martin's cell phone, his lawyer said.

Zimmerman's chief defense attorney Mark O'Mara has said he didn't receive the material until June, shortly before the murder trial began.

"We will be filing a whistleblower action in (Florida's Fourth Judicial District) Circuit Court," said Kruidbos' attorney Wesley White, himself a former prosecutor who was hired by Corey but resigned in December because he disagreed with her prosecutorial priorities. He said the suit will be filed within the next 30 days.

Corey and lead prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda declined to comment. A spokeswoman for Corey referred Reuters to Kruidbos' termination letter, previously made public, in which Corey's office accused him of hacking confidential information from state computers.

The six-page letter, dated July 11, charges Kruidbos with "deliberate, willful and unscrupulous actions" that make him untrustworthy and calls his questioning of de la Rionda's actions regarding the cell phone evidence "a shallow, but obvious, attempt to cloak yourself in the protection of the whistleblower law."

--------------

These prosecutors could be in serious trouble. Of course I expect the Zimmerman haters to argue that the judge did not allow this evidence in the trial. Unfortunately for them and the prosecutor a later ruling to exclude evidence has zero to do with the requirement to share it in discovery.

More evidence that fix was in to get Zimmerman.

Zimmerman could walk away with millions if he sues everyone that libeled him and from the sate if the prosecution broke laws.

SOL, while the vids are amusing.... I'm missing the new recipes.

1001613_417990764981975_1326148246_n.jpg

If you noticed the compound bow, before anything else, you may need glasses to remove the dick from your mouth.

Fixed

1044051_417545728359812_943802953_n.jpg

Bimini top, mirrored ball, blow up doll, and a camo booty. There are many ingredients to that picture, and I'm not sure I want to know the story. Looks like a bad Columbus Day Regatta story in the making.

And then Corey calls Harvard Law School demanding that Dershowitz be fired. The woman has a few loose screws.

Nice tits and ass, but whilst shooting the messenger, anyone want to come to her support?

After the jury cleared Zimmerman, she called him a "murderer"?

Do some research on her. She is dangerous.

This is a thread about the prospect of prosecutorial misconduct. See post 7 and determine the viability of that pursuit for yourself. What better way to salvage a worthless troll thread than with a recipe discussion.

This is a thread about the prospect of prosecutorial misconduct. See post 7 and determine the viability of that pursuit for yourself. What better way to salvage a worthless troll thread than with a recipe discussion.

I was scrolling up to post 7. I didn't make it. Having a smoke on the deck.

10dv0w3.jpg

Why do you objectify women and reduce then to sexual playthings? Are the obamatons on SA all misanthropic misogynists? Objectifying women shame. Real chips of the ole Bill.

Not worth wasting time on this topic, enjoy the deck.

10dv0w3.jpg

Why do you objectify women and reduce then to sexual playthings? Are the obamatons on SA all misanthropic misogynists? Objectifying women shame. Real chips of the ole Bill.

Please don't say SA posters are like the Mormons. The Mormons objectify women, treat them as chattel and are all misanthropic misogynists.

On a serious note - you live in FL and are a member of the bar. What do you think of her? From what I've read about her, she seems somewhat scary.

Check this - http://video.foxnews.com/v/2549559243001/zimmerman-trayvon-and-the-medias-race-narrative/?playlist_id=921261890001

I'm no huge fan of Fox, but I have a great deal of respect for Gretta and Stossel

On a serious note - you live in FL and are a member of the bar. What do you think of her? From what I've read about her, she seems somewhat scary.

Check this - http://video.foxnews.com/v/2549559243001/zimmerman-trayvon-and-the-medias-race-narrative/?playlist_id=921261890001

I'm no huge fan of Fox, but I have a great deal of respect for Gretta and Stossel

TV lawyers disgust me, for the most part.

I was very impressed with the performance of all of the attorneys in the trial. They all behaved very well, and put on good cases. The discovery sanctions stuff is serious, but not all that uncommon. The state has so much power, that it is really serious when they jerk a defense attorney around for discovery.

I am troubled by the stuff that both she and O'Mara are saying. That it is playing out in the press instead of in court is disgusting. They both would be well served to read Florida Bar v. Nunes, 734 So. 2d 393 (Fla. 1999).

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12087587961566537473&q=734+So.+2d+393&hl=en&as_sdt=4,10

TV lawyers disgust me, for the most part.

I was very impressed with the performance of all of the attorneys in the trial. They all behaved very well, and put on good cases. The discovery sanctions stuff is serious, but not all that uncommon. The state has so much power, that it is really serious when they jerk a defense attorney around for discovery.

I am troubled by the stuff that both she and O'Mara are saying. That it is playing out in the press instead of in court is disgusting. They both would be well served to read Florida Bar v. Nunes, 734 So. 2d 393 (Fla. 1999).

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12087587961566537473&q=734+So.+2d+393&hl=en&as_sdt=4,10

I was impressed with the attorneys as well, but I was troubled that prosecutors in the court room had to resort to supposition and emotion over actual facts. Their melodramatic closing argument was great TV, but not what I would expect from the state who's role is to seek justice.

Murder 2 was a huge stretch which would never have had much of a chance getting past a grand jury. The way I see it, Corey dealt de la Rionda a Jack high card and he had no choice but to work the bluff.