• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenno46

Crew Needed New Orleans to Western Florida - 16th Sept

Hi,

I'm looking for 2-3 crew experienced crew members to help me sail my yacht down from New Orleans to the West coast of Florida. I plan to leave on or around the 16th of September for 10 days sailing. My mission is to get the boat to ultimately Naples Florida but Panama City or Tampa would also do if we run out of time, good weather or enthusiasm.

My boat is a 46ft center cockpit 1982 Formosa/Peterson sailboat in good condition with all the safety equipment required. I've recently had the rigging replaced all around and the sails reinforced for cruising. I have an Epirb, 2xAIS Mob alarms, dinghy, 4 x wet weather gear etc.

It would be ideal for whoever plans on joining me to arrive a few days earlier to assist in getting the boat ready for the journey. Accommodation on board is 2 x double beds plus 3 other berths in the lounge.

A bit about me. I'm 32 years old and have been sailing for 17 years on all manner of keelboats and dinghys. I'm Australian but I regularly travel to the United States and keep my boat there. I've sailed offshore on several occasions along the Australian Coast and try to get out on the water as much as possible. I've owned the boat for a year now and recently sailed the boat, up the ICW from Houston through the dead of winter. Not an experience I'd like to experience again so I'm hoping to move the boat down to warmer climates prior to Christmas. I'm coming across to view the start of the America Cup finals in San Francisco, hopefully compete in the superyacht regatta and then head down to New Orleans to do a little work on the boat prior to departure.

I'm looking for crew who've had a minimum of 10 days offshore experience and it would be advantageous if they've sailing along the gulf coast before. It will not be a race down the coast and I plan to stop off whenever we can to explore and get a good meal. But there will be a few overnight sails along the way, particularly the big jump from Apalachicola Bay to Tampa. I usually run 3 hr rolling shifts and a sober boat between ports to keep everyone alert. Once we hit town then then rum can flow.

It should be a great experience and we can have a lot of fun along the way. I plan to do this safely and slowly and if things don't work out we'll find a nice port to park the boat at the end of the 10 days.

If you're interested send through your sailing cv and a little bit about yourself to galbraithclan@gmail.com with the subject title "New Orleans to Florida". Given that we'll be occasionally sailing in international waters and this is an Australian Boat you will need to have a passport with you.

Cheers

Ken

(Kenno46)

Formosa 46

"Bear Sniff"