• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IrieMon

Sharknado !

Kid and I watched part of it a couple of nights ago. Hey - sharks flying around in a tornado - how bad can it be?

Pretty bad.

Apparently it had the biggest twitter response about a tv show ever. When it first aired ratings were crap, but 1/2 way through, so many people had tuned in that sifi is airing it again. Cult status. Heard today that they are now greenlighting sharknato 2 and having a contest to determine the name or plot or somesouch....... Crap movie but you gotta love it.

what's nxt?? honey badgernato..... snakenato? blackwiddonato?? :D

'merica....gettin stupider one show at a time!

*edit* Shark week on Discovery Channel is coming up though.

My kids love these shitty, campy movies. They are SO bad, they are good, or as one reviewer wrote: it's so wrong, it's right! We've seen Sharktopus, Dinoshark, MegaShark, etc... they all suck but are so funny to watch. We rip into the shittiness of the film, it's inconsistencies and laugh our way through them. It's actually quite entertaining as we see them as comedies. I think I'll need to employ an old collage trick: get high/drunk (your preference) watch these shitty movies with no sound and music on, make up your own dialogue=good fun!

It had a mere $2M budget! Take that John Carter, After Earth, Lone Ranger, name the recent high budget flop of choice.

Looking forward to that. My daughter is an intern doing shark research, currently fossils such as the "megladon". Discovery channel filmed some of their stuff a few weeks back so she might make the show.

I'm ok with the fossil stuff. Not sure I'm ready for the live shark research she plans next spring.

Looking forward to that. My daughter is an intern doing shark research, currently fossils such as the "megladon". Discovery channel filmed some of their stuff a few weeks back so she might make the show.

I'm ok with the fossil stuff. Not sure I'm ready for the live shark research she plans next spring.

Where is she doing her research internship? University of Maryland College Park? I had a summer job with NMFS like that as a research assistant...one of the best jobs ever. She'll be fine!

Line of the movie: 'We're gonna need a bigger Chopper'.

Hell Comes To Frogtown started all this- Snakes On A Plane kept it alive and Sharknado is the update.

Watched a film called "Dark Tide" recently. Set in South Africa, with Halle Berry and a couple of other faces I recognised. The plot wasn't superb but the tension-building parts had me hiding my eyes behind my hands, waiting for the bad sharks to eat the poor people. Like the sequence in Jaws where the head rolls out of the boat, you know it's coming but that doesn't make it any easier to watch.

Most "suspense" films don't wind me up but f**king sharks, now they give me the shits.

Where is she doing her research internship? University of Maryland College Park? I had a summer job with NMFS like that as a research assistant...one of the best jobs ever. She'll be fine!

She is a second semester Senior at UMD CP in BIO and a Research Assistant/TA for one of the Dept Chairs who is researching biology of extinct animals. Supposedly, she'll be a "contributing author" on an upcoming publication. This summer she's at Calvert Marine Museum digging fossils out of the cliffs and sharks teeth out of a "Kitty Litter" clay deposit on the Northern Neck of VA and then doing the cleaning, preserving and classifying. The big find at the moment is a whale skull just at the high tide line on the Virginia Potomac shore. Their "by catch" of common mako teeth, etc ends up in the Children's Museum sand pit so visiting kids can "find" real fossil shark teeth. She'll graduate in December and has applied at the Bimini Biological Research Station for a 3-4 month stint prior to grad school next year.

Hell Comes To Frogtown started all this- Snakes On A Plane kept it alive and Sharknado is the update.

You need to watch "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" to bring the week home. It has to be the absolutely worst movie I've ever seen, which is why it's awesome!

You need to watch "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" to bring the week home. It has to be the absolutely worst movie I've ever seen, which is why it's awesome!

Downloading........

SyFy is rerunning Sharknado tonight.

Confession time...definitely have it queued on the DVR. Anyone else not ashamed to admit it!!?

After all the hype, my 18 YO son and I decided it needed to be on the DVR so count us in. His mother and older sister think we're crazy.

Did some summer research there with Brett Kent. way cool time and spent loads of time in Solomons, up and down the Patuxent gathering data, and on the Bay.

She is a second semester Senior at UMD CP in BIO and a Research Assistant/TA for one of the Dept Chairs who is researching biology of extinct animals. Supposedly, she'll be a "contributing author" on an upcoming publication. This summer she's at Calvert Marine Museum digging fossils out of the cliffs and sharks teeth out of a "Kitty Litter" clay deposit on the Northern Neck of VA and then doing the cleaning, preserving and classifying. The big find at the moment is a whale skull just at the high tide line on the Virginia Potomac shore. Their "by catch" of common mako teeth, etc ends up in the Children's Museum sand pit so visiting kids can "find" real fossil shark teeth. She'll graduate in December and has applied at the Bimini Biological Research Station for a 3-4 month stint prior to grad school next year.

Good for her. Sounds like a great opportunity. May swing by the CMM when we get to Solomons on Saturday. Don't worry, I won't even look for her. It's just a tradition with our crew to get some culture between the feeder race and SPLC.

Downloading........

Excellent. You'll regret it in a wonderfully delightful way!

Good for her. Sounds like a great opportunity. May swing by the CMM when we get to Solomons on Saturday. Don't worry, I won't even look for her. It's just a tradition with our crew to get some culture between the feeder race and SPLC.

One step ahead. She will be in College Park this weekend. Girl grew up around sailors.

Epic sharknado!

Somehow I feel my IQ just got drained....

Lol......ok, no spoilers from me. :)

Careful. Some of us just started it off the DVR. IQ dropping by the minute.

So, for the sequel, how about Sharknado meets Hot Tub Time Machine?