• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MLeM

U 20 interior space

An Ultimate 20 is one of the boats on my short list, and I am wondering if there sufficient room inside the 'cabin' to store and use a port- potti without totally obstructing access?

Thanks

Greve de Lecq

U20 is huge inside compared to any other 20' sportie. Plenty of room for a porta-potti.

U20 is huge inside compared to any other 20' sportie. Plenty of room for a porta-potti.

How does it compare to a Holder 20? The cabins on those things are brutal.

I currently have an SR Max 21; you have to be a contortionist just to get inside!

Great boat though.

GdL

It's got a lot of interior room but not sure where you'd put a porta potti though. I suppose on the floor aft of the keel as the rest of the interior is a molded in forward cabin bunk/settees. It wouldn't foul things up totally. You could store it under the forward part of the cockpit although that's usually where we kept the o/b.

U20 interior is considerably larger than the Holder 20.

True but the holder has a cut out for a porta potti on the port side. But for #1 the ladies could always straddle the keel well, there is water sloshing around in there! Could even make you think your in France (with a little splashback) if you close your eyes!

Yeah, it's got room for a porta-potti. But as mentioned, probably the best place for it would be just aft of the keel. However, I sail with some chicks and we just use a 1 gallon bucket and the spinnaker bag as curtains. I have had so much fun on my U20!!! I strongly recommend picking one up!!!

Gregg, Is that the inside of your boat?!?!? Nice work!! It looks immaculate inside! Puts mine to shame... :(

Cushions? Wtf?

That being said some sort of custom porta potti recess in the "settees" might be possible and likely the most convenient.

Looks like a lot more space than in my SR 21.

Bloodshot: That's one way of "working the foredeck" .

GdL

Behind the mast, stored under the cockpit floor.

Those interior pics brought back a lot of great memories.....

We had the turquoise pads that matched the WL stripe.

Great boats.

Yes they are gear bags... http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=11013&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50045&subdeptNum=50139&classNum=50140

I took the suction cups off, ran 1/8 inch line through and put tangs on the bottom of through bolts. No additional holes to be drilled.

Yes it is!

Shit man, I don't think mine could EVER look that good! Are those gear bags custom jobs? And where'd you get those cushions? I have boat envy.