• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

caption contest

Often a term met with squeals of delight, not so much here. The Bestevaer 56ST Tranquilo was stuck in the snow and ice way up in Northern Canada for 10 months(!), and just last month broke free. Four of those months were spent in near complete darkness. The owner has been world cruising the beefy 56 for five years. Singlehanded.

Good Caption Contest material, no?

Bestevaer 56ST Tranquilo_in the ice_01_medium.jpg

The polar ice caps are melting they said! The Northwest Passage is wide open they said!

These are not the polars I was looking for.

Crap, fixed the hole but we're totally out of foam and I mixed it a little rich. We need to fab a shovel and and axe, but will be right back in this thing.

Yeah! Sure! "Come out to the coast, we'll have a few drinks and catch some rays..."

Damn ex-wives, anyway...

How can this be....I thought Al Gore said global warming melted all that snow and ice up north....oh, that's right, global warming is a bunch of bull shit!!!!

Ok, we left San Francisco, turned left and the butter was supposed to melt... The butter was supposed to melt....THE BUTTER WAS SUPPOSED TO MELT!!!

Polarbeers....

"...where is it... C'mon..., ah, here it is, pg 37, how to turn your French toast maker into a snowblower.... HEY HONEY, c'mere a min!"..

"Reginald, you bloody moron... when I asked you to find some ice and went below for a nap, I meant ice for cocktails!"

I said I wanted ice in my cocktail, not around my cocktail.

two months of summer and 10 months of good sleding. " i told you this thing is to heavy to be a sled"

Captain's Log: 1/12/2013 1000hrs. -12deg C, wind ENE 18mph. Dark but clear, vis 15miles. Bilges dry, engine check ok, genset run 45 minutes, battery 15Amps. Still can't get that damn song from "Annie" out of my head.

two months of summer and 10 months of good sleding. " i told you this thing is to heavy to be a sled"

That's 10 months of winter and two months of bad sledding.

You must be a Suthinner.