Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okin15

LV Finals Races 4 & 5

Optimisitc aren't they. Statistically there will be at most 1 race as one of three things will happen.

1. There will be to much wind for any racing.

2. They will get one race in before the wind comes up but not the second.

3. One of the boats will be damaged in the first race and if 2. doesn't happen will play their "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" card.

Optimisitc aren't they. Statistically there will be at most 1 race as one of three things will happen.

1. There will be to much wind for any racing.

2. They will get one race in before the wind comes up but not the second.

3. One of the boats will be damaged in the first race and if 2. doesn't happen will play their "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" card.

Just keep rubbing your head whilst saying "three to thirty....three to thirty" :D

Shouldn't this thread be called "Race 4 and Replays of Promotional Clips While Waiting for Official Postponement of Race 5 due to Wind"?

Latest time I've seen is

Wednesday, Aug. 21: Final Race 4 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 5 (2:10 pm PT)

http://www.americascup.com/en/schedules/races

Final Race 4 ( 1:10 pm PT)

Final Race 5 postponement ( 2:10 pm PT )

Final Race 5 cancellation ( 2: 25 pm PT )

You're looking pretty damned optimistic there, thinking that they will actually run race 4!

Latest time I've seen is

where should i have looked for notice of bringing race 3 forward an hour?

Latest time I've seen is

You're looking pretty damned optimistic there, thinking that they will actually run race 4!

Well I said the race would start then , I didn't guarantee anyone actually finishing it :)

Latest time I've seen is

Well I said the race would start then , I didn't guarantee anyone actually finishing it :)

Well played! :lol:

Latest time I've seen is

where should i have looked for notice of bringing race 3 forward an hour?

I'd have thought that website would have notified the changed schedule. I forget where I heard about it but it was pretty much in the chatter.

Just wanted to say i have watch every race so far but will miss the 2 tomorrow thereby ensuring they are exciting, complete and come off without a hitch. You can thank me anytime, gifts and donations are welcome and encouraged. Someone had to make the sacrifice. Thank god for replays

Shouldn't this thread be called "Race 4 and Replays of Promotional Clips While Waiting for Official Postponement of Race 5 due to Wind"?

Or possibly, "Race 4 and Replays of ETNZ nosedive While Waiting for Official Postponement of Race 5 due to Wind"

Updated Louis Vuitton Cup Final schedule (best-of-13 series)

• Wednesday, Aug. 21: Final Race 4 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 5 (2:10 pm PT)
  • Friday, Aug. 23: Final Race 6 (TBD)
  • Saturday, Aug. 24: Final Race 7 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 8 (2:10 pm PT)
  • Sunday, Aug. 25: Final Race 9 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 10 (2:10 pm PT)
  • Wednesday, Aug. 28: Final Race 11 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 12 (2:10 pm PT)
  • Friday, Aug. 30: Final Race 13 (1:10 pm PT)

America's Cup Legend & World known Tactician Gary Jobson thinks TNZ will win next 5 Races:

http://www.americascup.com/en/news/3/news/17449/jobson-what-will-happen-next-in-the-louis-vuitton-cup

I would not bet my money on that. I see LR performance and crew work really improved. ETNZ is still better, but should they make any mistake or have any problem, LR is there.

Go LR!!!

America's Cup Legend & World known Tactician Gary Jobson thinks TNZ will win next 5 Races:

http://www.americascup.com/en/news/3/news/17449/jobson-what-will-happen-next-in-the-louis-vuitton-cup

I would not bet my money on that. I see LR performance and crew work really improved. ETNZ is still better, but should they make any mistake or have any problem, LR is there.

Go LR!!!

I agree that LR's crew work has improved since the semis. The difference is dramatic.

But I think ETNZ will still beat LR by a solid 1:30 over the short course if and when both boats make it around the course in the same race!!!

Go LR!!!

What is more interesting in that article above is the comments about the line up re speed, he seems to think it is very closely matched. Bring it on

Hmm -- in the ferst pass of the ferst DW of the last LV final,

LR (having dun a better ferst jybe) was ganing grownd on ETNZ much of the tym.

Hard to read much into a brief lynup even if no sand was bagd.

Dyd ewe knowt on the sekond legg whear Luna Rossa had 5 knots on Aotearoa for a fare tyme and the gap huardly chainged?

Dyd ewe knowt on the sekond legg whear Luna Rossa had 5 knots on Aotearoa for a fare tyme and the gap huardly chainged?

Yes I noticed that but thought it was a glitch???

Nice to have a thread with jokes not the usual pissing matches ^_^

Whats worse: postponing due to no wind (Auckland/Valencia), postponing due to too much wind (limit below the historical average for the venue) or postponing due to broken-ass boats? :wacko:

It doesn't really matter how fast the trailing boat is sailing, from 400-metres astern of the leading boat. 40-metres, yes.

They just got the gust first. Down side of sailing faster than the wind it takes forever for wind increase to reach you.

Weren't they sailing very different angles and LR was hotter because they were trying to get separation?

More interestingly (to me at least) was ETNZ going 27 kn on leg 3 and looking like they were pointing very high.

BJL

They just got the gust first. Down side of sailing faster than the wind it takes forever for wind increase to reach you.

I think for race 4, 8 and 12, they should send then out around Faraloon Isl (sp) this would be about a 5 hour race and could count for 3 points.

I thought Aotearoa was pointing deeper if the figures were accurate, but I don't know if that is the case.

I think for race 4, 8 and 12, they should send then out around Faraloon Isl (sp) this would be about a 5 hour race and could count for 3 points.

They have trouble enough sailing for 5 minutes.

Just wanted to say i have watch every race so far but will miss the 2 tomorrow thereby ensuring they are exciting, complete and come off without a hitch. You can thank me anytime, gifts and donations are welcome and encouraged. Someone had to make the sacrifice. Thank god for replays

I'm out as well, so enjoy the 15 other challengers popping out of the mist for the fleet race with a 5 second delta between first and last as all the 72's foil across the line at 76kts while cheerleaders stretch out on the trampolines and SF enjoys a golden age fueled by the billions of dollars pouring in from the rejuvenated world economy as Stingray and Indio buy a boat together just for kicks.

The race, if there is an actual race, and the 2nd race postponement will be broadcast live on Comcast Sports Northwest today at 1pm

The race, if there is an actual race, and the 2nd race postponement will be broadcast live on Comcast Sports Northwest today at 1pm

Outstanding - Thanks for the heads-up. Shows on my listings too (Seattle area)

Damn I hope we get at least one race where both finish!

Sirena's a jack ass...

http://blog.sfgate.com/americascup/2013/08/20/kiwis-win-latest-americas-cup-non-race/

... the designers are sleeping fine I'm sure.

Maybe he was talking about the designers of the class. In which case, they did fuck up when it comes to the size of the wing.

The wing she'sa way to bigga. momma mia.

Totally unrealistic to combine that kind of sail area on that platform with 33knts of breeze. One of the sailors said 12knots breeze to fully power up the boat. If it weren't for foiling, no one would be able to get around the top mark on a typical SF day.

Very enjoyable to watch them sail tough (even just on the screen in my case) , being such beautiful sailing machines with incredible sailing talent on board.

Their sailing about 35 kts downwind in about 20 kts true. At the angles they are sailing, they should be slowly catching up to the gusts, not slowly being overtaken by them. Maybe LR was still in gust after ETNZ sailed out.

Sirena's a jack ass...

http://blog.sfgate.com/americascup/2013/08/20/kiwis-win-latest-americas-cup-non-race/

... the designers are sleeping fine I'm sure.

Maybe he was talking about the designers of the class. In which case, they did fuck up when it comes to the size of the wing.

The wing she'sa way to bigga. momma mia.

Totally unrealistic to combine that kind of sail area on that platform with 33knts of breeze. One of the sailors said 12knots breeze to fully power up the boat. If it weren't for foiling, no one would be able to get around the top mark on a typical SF day.

Very enjoyable to watch them sail tough (even just on the screen in my case) , being such beautiful sailing machines with incredible sailing talent on board.

Can one of these 72s capsize in the 'traditional' manner or would they get to a certain angle and then just be pushed sideways on the foils before the hulls hit the water and it rounded up?

Wind forecast is ok for Race 4, but they are calling for building to 25 knots later in the afternoon. Looks pretty light on the webcam right now. Sure hope we see a yacht race today.

So are we going to get to see race 4 today live on Youtube?

Looks like it yes. I see a countdown.

Also TVNZ has a live stream..check out there web

Pete lester is commentator...god to hear

Wind forecast is ok for Race 4, but they are calling for building to 25 knots later in the afternoon. Looks pretty light on the webcam right now. Sure hope we see a yacht race today.

Sure you will, must be some dinghys out on the bay, right?

So they're not starting an hour early today even though winds have built too much at the regular start time for face two?

It appears as if they are starting at the normal time despite 25 knots predicted - fuckwits

Watched "race 3" of the LVC finals on TV yesterday. Say what you will about the commentators, there is only so much one can say about a "race" where one boat sails around the course while the other deals with a broken boat. Utterly boring.

Stingers!!!!

Can you please put up a link for todays race on utube?

Edit: found it finally!!!!

So they're not starting an hour early today even though winds have built too much at the regular start time for face two?

An article at the NZ Herald suggests the two teams could not agree an earlier start.

Stingers!!!!

Post it plz?

An article at the NZ Herald suggests the two teams could not agree an earlier start.

>Stingers!!!!

Post it plz?

>>Stingers!!!!

Post it plz?

ESPN3 is a free streaming service of ESPN's and a very good one. You can find it a watchespn.com. Is it not available outside the US?

that article

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11112457

--

Murray said he lobbies the teams but can only change the times if all agree. They had done so for Saturday's racing (NZT) when Emirates Team New Zealand agreed to start earlier on what had originally been scheduled as a reserve day.

--

What are the Vegas odds-makers giving for both boats crossing the finish line in Race 4?

What about for either boat crossing the start line for race 5?

It appears as if they are starting at the normal time despite 25 knots predicted - fuckwits

I hav a nasty feeling that sumwun is angling to amp up the outcry, to ackt as a smoakskreen

to be abel to bring start tyms forwid one hower for ALL remaning races, inclewding the AmCup Matches

In vyew of hier limmits and lower mean TWS in Sept this is shorely unneedered (unless wether very untippickal)

. . . . but if tyms brort forwid, it woud be a windfall gift for a lyt airz speshalist . . . .

I woudint smell a rat here, ecksept that Stingray has becum a reyabel antibarometer on theez ishooz:

he protests so vossiferussly that OR want hevvy air, but SO unconvinsingly,

that when I put this together with his insistents that they have no ability to put

presher on tne organizers (by which, if tru to form, he meenz the egzackt opposit)

I get a premmonishun of the faynt posserbillity of another misscarridj of justiss.

DEEP sy . . . .

For any of you in the USA who owns a Wi or XBOX 360, there is an ESPN 3 APP thats awesome.

I have found the race and am waiting for it to start!!! :D:D:D:D:D

>>Stingers!!!!

Edit: found it final

ly!!!!
Post it plz?

ESPN3 is a free streaming service of ESPN's and a very good one. You can find it a watchespn.com. Is it not available outside the US?

Nothing free about ESPN3, you have to have a cable subsciption to watch the LV Cup!

So today's races are Races 5 & 6 according to the latest SI Amendment:

post-18089-0-24617200-1377114800_thumb.png

So when do they propose sailing Race4??

>>Stingers!!!!

Edit: found it final

ly!!!!
Post it plz?

Nothing free about ESPN3, you have to have a cable subsciption to watch the LV Cup!

You do not need a cable subscription to watch ESPN3. The ESPN network makes its programming available online. You do need a cable subscription to stream the programming on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. ESPN3 remains the free streaming service and usually carries off-mainstream sports (such as sailing) and lower-tier mainstream sports.

I do not have cable and watch ESPN3 all the time.

Kiwi's lead the strart, race essentially over barring mechanical failure on ETNZ

You do not need a cable subscription to watch ESPN3. The ESPN network makes its programming available online. You do need a cable subscription to stream the programming on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. ESPN3 remains the free streaming service and usually carries off-mainstream sports (such as sailing) and lower-tier mainstream sports.

You need an ISP that provides it, or a cable provider that does, so for many of us it is definitely not free.

You need an ISP that provides it, or a cable provider that does, so for many of us it is definitely not free.

The ISPs that provide access are numerous -- really extensive. Chances are very good that the vast majority can access it.

LR onboard footage looks like out of a 1960s movie set, with a separate movie running in the background. Like when Grace Kelley and Cary Grant pretend to drive in a car while the Sea Alps' scenery is just a projection behind them.

So if I am in the Seattle area, and don't pay for TV, I can't watch?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Although it sounds like I'm not missing anything anyway.

YouTube seems to have blocked a bunch of the proxy bypassing methods. I have tried a number of how-to's but got nothing.

LR onboard footage looks like out of a 1960s movie set, with a separate movie running in the background. Like when Grace Kelley and Cary Grant pretend to drive in a car while the Sea Alps' scenery is just a projection behind them.

I have noticed this since the beginning. It's hilarious how much it looks like they are in front of a bluescreen. I wonder what causes that effect?

I have noticed this since the beginning. It's hilarious how much it looks like they are in front of a bluescreen. I wonder what causes that effect?

This is like the moon landing...a total farce...not real....yeah that's the ticket...this isn't real!

The reflective wing maybe? Yes, looks really goofy!

Penalty on LR and where is the TV coverage? Commericial.

What dumbass decides to go to commercial as a boat is approaching the boundry?

The TV coverage absolutely sucks in just about every way.

And what is up with these guys creaming themselves over the wingwash graphic all the time?

Probably the reflection of the wing - acts like studio lights when the sun is on it

It's light reflecting off their shiny wing. It makes the onboard look like it is in a completely different light than the background.

Great feedback guys.

Again - bugger all wifi, so this and NZHerald posts are it.

Keep 'em coming.

Interesting posts on NZHerald - quite original, like "go team NZ' and for a change "go ETNZ"

makes it real exciting ......

Not sure what VE is showing, but in almost every shot of the two boats together it looks like ETNZ is pointing a lot higher than LR