• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

13 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Did Rimas know the Delorme had an SOS button?

Was it charged when he needed to push it? ie He said he had a "strong gale" in previous days so maybe he didn't want it on deck whilst the weather was rough and therefore it was almost out of charge.

I can also imagine his VHF would have had near flat batteries in it too.

The 'strong gale' was about 25 knots of wind. He probably had some damage, but likely embellished it as he has previously. He did maintain the same course before, during, and after. There was a few sunny days after the storm, he should have been able to charge the Delorme. Yes, last battery reading said low. He should know the Delorme has an SoS button, at the least he could message that he needed help/rescue more than just a tow. I suspect he didn't realize he was heading to danger.  Not known if vhf works, but he was well out of range to hail anybody on a handheld unless a boat with radio was in visual. Unlikely the ships vhf works, as he had no means to charge ships batteries, they had likely been flat for over a year.

I think if anything happened to the boat and Rimas had to leave it, most likely the phone, tablet, and the solar charger all got wet and died. It the Delorme was with him, it's still a paperweight until he can charge it. I don't know if they use a proprietary plug, or a micro usb like everyone else.

Just speculating if he drifted past Texas reef and into the long bay where he might have run into something and wreck or ground, then had to swim or walk to shore, and then walk until he found someplace with a phone to summon authorities. I figure after a few days he gets picked up and taken to detention then eventually shipped back to LA. Until he lands there he has no way to communicate with Jean or Shannon. Maybe he could spend time with an embassy official who might let him send an email or use a phone, otherwise he is just blacked out,

1 minute ago, Volkeno said:

I think if anything happened to the boat and Rimas had to leave it, most likely the phone, tablet, and the solar charger all got wet and died. It the Delorme was with him, it's still a paperweight until he can charge it. I don't know if they use a proprietary plug, or a micro usb like everyone else.

Just speculating if he drifted past Texas reef and into the long bay where he might have run into something and wreck or ground, then had to swim or walk to shore, and then walk until he found someplace with a phone to summon authorities. I figure after a few days he gets picked up and taken to detention then eventually shipped back to LA. Until he lands there he has no way to communicate with Jean or Shannon. Maybe he could spend time with an embassy official who might let him send an email or use a phone, otherwise he is just blacked out,

I think the first person he'd contact is Jean.

Detention in Vanua Levu village probably means given a bed at the local church hall.

I doubt he would leave the boat, even if it was half flooded. He would probably find a corner to go fetal in. If a fishing boat or villagers did manage to convince him to leave, he'd probably bring his laptop, GPS, and Delorme, even if water-damaged. They're his prized possessions. Anybody picking up a shipwrecked yachtie would bring him to village chief, who would notify authorities. Authorities would notify US consulate/embassy, who would probably arrange communications for him to contact Jean/Shannon/whomever.  Also, word would be out to reporters. If Rimas stepped on land, word would be out by now. He's either still aboard, or under the sea.

31 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Intelligence, no. But he does appear to be able to control his direction in a 180 degree downwind arc. 

Easy on the numbers. Let's say 140.

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I doubt he would leave the boat, even if it was half flooded. He would probably find a corner to go fetal in. If a fishing boat or villagers did manage to convince him to leave, he'd probably bring his laptop, GPS, and Delorme, even if water-damaged. They're his prized possessions. Anybody picking up a shipwrecked yachtie would bring him to village chief, who would notify authorities. Authorities would notify US consulate/embassy, who would probably arrange communications for him to contact Jean/Shannon/whomever.  Also, word would be out to reporters. If Rimas stepped on land, word would be out by now. He's either still aboard, or under the sea.

Yes I think word would be out by now too.

He's either dodged the reefs and is north of Vanua Levu or he has met his demise.

He is is quite thin and old, has no liferaft and would struggle to make any good decisions in an emergency. He may even have left the boat in the dark thinking land must be nearby because he'd hit ground.

1 minute ago, Trickypig said:

would struggle to make any good decisions in an emergency. He may even have left the boat in the dark thinking land must be nearby because he'd hit ground.

He doesn't make good decisions in non-emergencies. In an emergency, he goes to sleep. I don't think he'd leave the boat, as long as it's above water. 

5 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Nice to see you back on your usual form Ffloyd!!

Try Fijii, not Vanuatu.

1 minute ago, woolly said:

Nice to see you back on your usual form Ffloyd!!

Try Fijii, not Vanuatu.

thank you.. Besides, someones  gotta keep you guys focused.....Fiji huh, ok

8 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

No, no family there at all, my fathers family are all from near Rabi on the "mainland" side.

But i would think the plane will have covered that area by now.

Will call my uncle at the navy again after school. Now i must run for the bus, off to school for my math and agriculture exam, C U later.

Thank you for your helping!! BTW my sister is really into spear fishing...she always goes fishing out at Lake Dolores.  Our local spot here... Maybe you guys can hook up she's always talking about going to  Fiji and hanging out with some local spear divers ..Drop her a line @ barstowbetty@netzero.net...Who knows? maybe a lucky catch 4 u!! Keep us posted!!

I still say he is at sea. The dive sites mention the strong currents there and a falling tide with current would flush him out.

He would be bull headed enough with the 2nd failed landfall to keep going without reporting.

32 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Sorry to hear about your financial troubles.

Have you tried setting up a GoFundMe campaign like Rimas?

No.

37 minutes ago, Norse Horse said:

I still say he is at sea. The dive sites mention the strong currents there and a falling tide against current would flush him out.

He would be bull headed enough with the 2nd failed landfall to keep going without reporting.

Ok so I did a little research on tides.  The main ocean current around Fiji runs in a SW direction. Also...The local currents in the Samasoma Straights off Taveuni flood to the south and ebb to the north. Low tide on the morning of 31st July in 3 places around Rimas (in Fiji time) ie Niue, Samoa and Natovi wharf on Viti Levu were all between 6 am and 7am. (including time zone conversion). That seems consistent enough to assume that Rimas had a full flood tide near Rabi Island for the 11.19am Fiji time of his last message. So he had a flood tide that ran with the general ocean current as well.

When Rimas sails at little more than 1 or 2 knots, strong tides will have a big effect on his course over ground. It also explains why he was drifting (sailing?) at 240 despite the wind being just aft of his beam on the port side. ( Actually I think the breeze may have been a little more east and behind him in the morning)

1 hour ago, Norse Horse said:

I still say he is at sea. The dive sites mention the strong currents there and a falling tide with current would flush him out.

i hate to pull out the old and tired Occam's Razor.... but missing this long...in that environment......     Zed's Dead baby....

jfnz0.jpg

2 hours ago, captpiratedog said:

Thank you for your helping!! BTW my sister is really into spear fishing...she always goes fishing out at Lake Dolores.  Our local spot here... Maybe you guys can hook up she's always talking about going to  Fiji and hanging out with some local spear divers ..Drop her a line @ barstowbetty@netzero.net...Who knows? maybe a lucky catch 4 u!! Keep us posted!!

Thank you, how kind of you!! BTW I have a big spear too that I use in local hot spots here... But NO, thanks for the offer, your sister is probably a DOG too!! 

48 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Thank you, how kind of you!! BTW I have a big spear too that I use in local hot spots here... But NO, thanks for the offer, your sister is probably a DOG too!! 

well    I have to hand it to you,,,Fiji gone wild....you held it together for 8 posts.....before resorting to the kind of sexual innuendo that SA is known for...

so its 3am est...so not many anarchists up...  so Fiji kid must be one of the following: Kingstonsail, captpiratedog, BJ Porter, Trickypig, or benwynn,  other than that there was only some esoteric post on cruising anarchy ......we have been the only ones active this late.    And since it's not me......we have 4 likely Fijian christian schoolboy puppeteers.....

....unless (cue the soundtrack from JAWS)....du...du...du...du.du.du... DORAG !!!!

sorry   in retrospect that sound more like the theme to Batman than Jaws

25 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Nope! I'm the only Dog in the Family....But I heard that she howls like a wolf!

16 minutes ago, captpiratedog said:

Nope! I'm the only Dog in the Family....But I heard that she howls like a wolf!

"Why do they call you Lassie?"

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Hmmm... is it? Why are you asking that question? or... Why, are you asking that question?

So just entered my dad into full time care. He has copd and dementia. It was a difficult week. He was a commander in the navy and spent many years in mexico on his vessel after retiring. He doesn't know who is son or wife is.

I ran out of things to talk about with him and thought Remis would be a good story. I carefully recounted all of his epic voyages, it took 30 minutes.

My dad sits up after I had finished and looks me in my eyes and says, " Is that guy crazy" 

And you said no, we all are for following him !!!

Hope your Dad gets to an equilibrium.  Mine just died not of but with dementia.

Always think of him when he had all his marbles not as he is now.

13 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

No, no family there at all, my fathers family are all from near Rabi on the "mainland" side.

But i would think the plane will have covered that area by now.

Will call my uncle at the navy again after school. Now i must run for the bus, off to school for my math and agriculture exam, C U later.

thanks 

hope to hear from Uncke 

Yummy, that fish for dinner tasted very good, we also have a lot of crap here.

Anyway, I talked to my uncle just after school, and he said the plane did not go out this morning, but was on a mission right when I talked to him. I did not talk to him tonight bcos I ran out of prepaid credit again. Will try to steal some money tomorrow.

Also the Police C.O. from Tukavesi was here to bring down some prisoners. He said he would help with the search if he gets an official request, and my uncle said he would work on that after the plane comes back. He is also the C.O. for Rabi, and his Crime Officer is actually from Rabi and knows the Texas Reef well. So may be after the bad weather now and tomorrow, they will let the sea calm down Wednesday with winds still up to 20kn., and then hopefully start searching by boat on Thursday.

So that's all for now, bedtime, and tomorrow morning my last exam, then party and spring break. Then I will have more time to enlighten you all.

G'night, and God bless Rimas!

9 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

I did not talk to him tonight bcos I ran out of prepaid credit again. Will try to steal some money tomorrow.

Hah!

Thou shalt not steal (unless you run low on phone credits).

That phone has a camera, right? Pics or you didn't happen.

4 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

we also have a lot of crap here.

Then I will have more time to enlighten you all.

pretty sure it is a carp not a crap..... and your pronouns have remarkably changed for the better.....

whatever / whomever  sock puppet your are,,,,,me thinks you are a sick fuck...  

48 minutes ago, DtM said:

And you said no, we all are for following him !!!

Hope your Dad gets to an equilibrium.  Mine just died not of but with dementia.

Always think of him when he had all his marbles not as he is now.

thanks and you are correct.

11 minutes ago, Kingstonsail said:

pretty sure it is a carp not a crap..... and your pronouns have remarkably changed for the better.....

whatever / whomever  sock puppet your are,,,,,me thinks you are a sick fuck...  

Ah...cut him some slack! After all, he said its spring break this week!

29 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Anyway, I talked to my uncle just after school, and he said the plane did not go out this morning, but was on a mission right when I talked to him. I did not talk to him tonight bcos I ran out of prepaid credit again. Will try to steal some money tomorrow.

Also the Police C.O. from Tukavesi was here to bring down some prisoners. He said he would help with the search if he gets an official request, and my uncle said he would work on that after the plane comes back. He is also the C.O. for Rabi, and his Crime Officer is actually from Rabi and knows the Texas Reef well. So may be after the bad weather now and tomorrow, they will let the sea calm down Wednesday with winds still up to 20kn., and then hopefully start searching by boat on Thursday.

So that's all for now, bedtime, and tomorrow morning my last exam, then party and spring break. Then I will have more time to enlighten you all.

My sister says to make sure you steal enough money to fly her from Fresno.

10 minutes ago, CruiserJim said:

"Barstowbetty" is from Fresno?  Is this more huge geography?

When you work the truckstops, 240 miles is nothing.

3 hours ago, captpiratedog said:
4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Hmmm... is it? Why are you asking that question? or... Why, are you asking that question?

I have not checked this thread in a long time.  Somebody please save me wasted hours, slogging through here, and give me the Cliff Notes version of his port of departure, when and what, please?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I have not checked this thread in a long time.  Somebody please save me wasted hours, slogging through here, and give me the Cliff Notes version of his port of departure, when and what, please?

Thanks!

He's been missing for a week near Fiji.

5 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Good Fijian Christian boy would not hurl such insults after being so nice for the first 8 posts. I have seen some of the ladies there, a dog would be an upgrade.

So go eat you crap and steal your money.

I'm glad you learned how to be like one of us, but you are already...

IMG_5081.JPG

2 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

cmon after all these years you guys still can't figure out who's puppet this is. look at the sentence structure, the content, the references.....give it your best guess!!!

3 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

... that's all for now, bedtime, and tomorrow morning my last exam, then party and spring break. Then I will have more time to enlighten you all.

Ha Ha haha! Is everyone here a Yank that doesn't realise there is such a thing as a southern hemisphere? lmfao! (besides the fact that the concept of spring break as a 'thing' is only known in these parts from all the bad TV imports...)

Now I hang my head in shame for entering this forum ... especially with a post on this thread... 

30 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

He's been missing for a week near Fiji.

Thanks Blue Crab!!  When and where did he leave from and what is his intended destination?

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Thanks Blue Crab!!  When and where did he leave from and what is his intended destination?

Very end of May. Alaska was his stated destination.

58 minutes ago, groundhog said:
4 hours ago, captpiratedog said:
5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Showing our age...

I didn't realize that Lassie was Kim Cattral until now.

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Thanks, and he was leaving from American Samoa, IIRC??

Hilo in the British colony of Hawaii.

Just now, billy backstay said:

You need major remediation. 

SJ24 abandoned in AS and Rimas flew to SFO. Bummed around a year or so. Gifted a Rawson 30 in SFO. Flushed out gate due to lost anchor. Towed in at next place south (Monterey?) Kicked out of there, tried to sail back to SFO. Landed Hilo. Hilo for 6-12 months.  Fled Hilo just ahead of dock fee repoman, stated destination,  Alaska. Headed SW to alaska the Rimas way.

11 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

On his way to Alaska from Hilo he drifted past American Samoa because his concierge tow didn't materialize. Drifted into Fijian waters, now missing for a week.

32 minutes ago, RKoch said:

no your WRONG! it was not very cllearo (RIP) where he end up

7 minutes ago, captpiratedog said:

no your WRONG! it was not very cllearo (RIP) where he end up

What was cllearo  was that he was going to drift downwind a while before begging for a tow. The destination he stated before departure, however, was Alaska.

If he managed to extricate himself from the Fijian reef minefield, his next 'landfall' is likely Vanuatu. Assuming his 1.5 knot speed doesn't increase, it's roughly 3 weeks. 2 more weeks to go. 

48 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Thanks, but I also missed Hawaii becoming a Brit colony???

Rimas was planning an invasion of South Georgia Island in retaliation for the Brits seizing Hawaii.

6 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Rimas was planning an invasion of South Georgia Island in retaliation for the Brits seizing Hawaii.

If it turns out he's still with us (them?) someone (they) should make him King.

1 minute ago, bplipschitz said:

He was slready crowned King Ineptune.

22 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I musta skipped skool that day......

55 minutes ago, RKoch said:

What was cllearo  was that he was going to drift downwind a while before begging for a tow. The destination he stated before departure, however, was Alaska.

I still think he intended to head for AK since that's where he drifted to previously. From HI. Somehow.

He really just doesn't get it.

10 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I still think he intended to head for AK since that's where he drifted to previously. From HI. Somehow.

He really just doesn't get it.

When he left Hilo in the SJ after replacing his rigging 4 years ago,  his stated destination was Cape Horn via Samoa. He ended up in San Francisco. Leaving Monterey in the Rawson, his stated destination was San Francisco, and he ended up in Hilo. While he claims to celebrate his freedom on the blue water, that 'freedom' only exists in a downwind direction.

That's funny!!!

I can't claim credit for coming up with it. It is perfect.

What happened to South to Alaska and the North/South Polar Circumnavigation?

Had to go messin' around with Samoa.............

3 minutes ago, madohe said:

What happened to South to Alaska and the North/South Polar Circumnavigation?

Had to go messin' around with Samoa.............

For all we know, he's heading for Antarctica now. Probably figuring on a concierge tow. 

11 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

he would not have any choice but to go with the flow. I had been wondering about tidal flow around those reefs and how that may effect his course. My limited experience is they can be exceedingly strong. I haven't counted him out yet. Anyone out there familiar with the area and currents around those reefs?

11 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Ok so I did a little research on tides.  The main ocean current around Fiji runs in a SW direction. Also...The local currents in the Samasoma Straights off Taveuni flood to the south and ebb to the north. Low tide on the morning of 31st July in 3 places around Rimas (in Fiji time) ie Niue, Samoa and Natovi wharf on Viti Levu were all between 6 am and 7am. (including time zone conversion). That seems consistent enough to assume that Rimas had a full flood tide near Rabi Island for the 11.19am Fiji time of his last message. So he had a flood tide that ran with the general ocean current as well.

When Rimas sails at little more than 1 or 2 knots, strong tides will have a big effect on his course over ground. It also explains why he was drifting (sailing?) at 240 despite the wind being just aft of his beam on the port side. ( Actually I think the breeze may have been a little more east and behind him in the morning)

If you are correct then isn't very possible he was caught by the current and flushed around the reef? But his last message was the 30th at 4:19pm......or was that PST?

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

that's funny! Thanks I needed a laugh this moanin

12 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

he would not have any choice but to go with the flow. I had been wondering about tidal flow around those reefs and how that may effect his course. My limited experience is they can be exceedingly strong. I haven't counted him out yet. Anyone out there familiar with the area and currents around those reefs?

up thread a few days ago I posted posted Fiji tidal range and at the time it was 5'---6' ...which is a lot of volume....

2 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

what would he be king of?......oh yes, he will be crowned queen of the buttery Idaho tatters or maybe starbucks....maybe king...but I already thought he was crowned king ineptude?

7 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I do not have first hand experience there. My understanding is that while beautiful, the waters around Fiji can be tricky.  The currents are strong, idk how predictable they are. Some of the reefs are inaccurately charted. Navigational markers appear unreliable.  Rain squalls can sharply reduce visibility. I'd say a competent and cautious captain, with reliable auxillary power,  keeping a good lookout, can travel fairly safely in daylight. I personally wouldn't attempt nighttime sailing within or near the islands and reefs. Experienced sailors have wrecked there, even the Fijian Navy.  An incompetent sailor, in a tub of a boat (that's claimed to be damaged), without an operating motor, is just courting disaster. I hope Rimas recognized the danger in time, and was able to bail out to the north. 

4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

up thread a few days ago I posted posted Fiji tidal range and at the time it was 5'---6' ...which is a lot of volume....

yep and that's what got me thinkin. Made me think of Rimas and a toilet flushing 

2 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

yep and that's what got me thinkin. Made me think of Rimas and a toilet flushing 

I'm holding out hope that the tide turned and flushed him out before he hit a reef.

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I do not have first hand experience there. My understanding is that while beautiful, the waters around Fiji can be tricky.  The currents are strong, idk how predictable they are. Some of the reefs are inaccurately charted. Navigational markers appear unreliable.  Rain squalls can sharply reduce visibility. I'd say a competent and cautious captain, with reliable auxillary power,  keeping a good lookout, can travel fairly safely in daylight. I personally wouldn't attempt nighttime sailing within or near the islands and reefs. Experienced sailors have wrecked there, even the Fijian Navy.  An incompetent sailor, in a tub of a boat (that's claimed to be damaged), without an operating motor, is just courting disaster. I hope Rimas recognized the danger in time, and was able to bail out to the north. 

Me to. But his last transmission indicated he was clearly afraid, confused and had no idea of what to do. He had four hours in which to come up with a plan but if there was a strong tidal flow parallel to the reef he may have been flushed past saved by the grace of Neptune........If that were the case he had had ample time to charge his batteries and post a position..

I hope he is ok

8 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

If the last 3 pings are in fact genuine...Rimas was lucky to get past the reefs north of his ping location.....if the tides did take control over his drift he could have easily washed up on the backside of anyone of the outlying reefs...he was is a long way from any land last ping...10 NM plus or minus...if Mimsy broke up or is stuck on a reef the flotsam is little...nothing...ocean trash washes up on the shores all the time and little notice is given...

Fitide.png

6 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

If the last 3 pings are in fact genuine...Rimas was lucky to get past the reefs NE of his ping location.....if the tides did take control over his drift he could have easily washed up on the backside of anyone of the outlying reefs...he was is a long way from any land last ping...10 NM plus or minus...if Mimsy broke up or is stuck on a reef the flotsam is little...nothing...ocean trash washes up on the shores all the time and little notice is given...

Fitide.png

interesting. He was running an obstacle course and without any ability or equipment to navigate or change course. However, rubber duck's have the same ability as Rimas and they survive very well in the ocean.

17 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

what would he be king of?......oh yes, he will be crowned queen of the buttery Idaho tatters or maybe starbucks....maybe king...but I already thought he was crowned king ineptude?

Yes, I knew that, but I think he needs a domain in addition to the the sea!  Idaho, perhaps?  Buttery ashes. . .

King of Polyesterania?  Texas Reef?

Fine, King Ineptune. . .

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

If the last 3 pings are in fact genuine...Rimas was lucky to get past the reefs NE of his ping location.....if the tides did take control over his drift he could have easily washed up on the backside of anyone of the outlying reefs...he was is a long way from any land last ping...10 NM plus or minus...if Mimsy broke up or is stuck on a reef the flotsam is little...nothing...ocean trash washes up on the shores all the time and little notice is given...

Fitide.png

If Rimas wasn't flushed out, it's almost certain he wrecked someplace. It's possible he was able to wreck in a somewhat protected location, where waves aren't smashing the boat. Only the slimmest chance of him making it to an anchorage and setting his anchor. 

4 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

interesting. He was running an obstacle course and without any ability or equipment to navigate or change course. However, rubber duck's have the same ability as Rimas and they survive very well in the ocean.

Well, he has some navigational equipment with the GPS. IDK how detailed the charting is on it. His ability is iffy at best. He can change course (assuming some tiller function), as long as it's generally downwind. 

Rubber Duckies either get caught in the garbage gyre or eventually wash up on a beach...just like Rimas.

16 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

Yes, I knew that, but I think he needs a domain in addition to the the sea!  Idaho, perhaps?  Buttery ashes. . .

King of Polyesterania?  Texas Reef?

Fine, King Ineptune. . .

I agree but are you sure he would be king? He has kinda shied away from women. Reminds me of the dog woman crowned queen of the local feral dogs back in the 70's and a local artist created her then in 87 donated the statue to the Croker Art gallery as the dog Queen

dog queen small2015-04-14_10-20-53_568.jpg

dog woman small figure2015-04-14_10-22-42_70.jpg

5 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I agree but are you sure he would be king? He has kinda shied away from women. Reminds me of the dog woman crowned queen of the local feral dogs back in the 70's and a local artist created her then in 87 donated the statue to the Croker Art gallery as the dog Queen

dog queen small2015-04-14_10-20-53_568.jpg

dog woman small figure2015-04-14_10-22-42_70.jpg

disturbing ...you have remembered "her" all these years....

7 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

disturbing ...you have remembered "her" all these years....

chuckle....I discovered her about five years ago when I was touring the gallery and I rounded a corner to come face to face with her which startled me because she looked so real. They don't display her all the time and likely because many find her presence unsettling.

Once you see her she is hard to get rid of 100%

1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

many find her presence unsettling.

That is an understatement.

Sorry for the grumpiness.

He's gone silent for longer periods than this.

Anyone know what a Rawson 30 with a broken tiller and a small amount of sail area up front might do?  Will the bow be pulled downwind or will it just lie ahull and drift downwind/current?

3 minutes ago, koblas said:

Sorry for the grumpiness.

He's gone silent for longer periods than this.

Anyone know what a Rawson 30 with a broken tiller and a small amount of sail area up front might do?  Will the bow be pulled downwind or will it just lie ahull and drift downwind/current?

He's been silent longer when he didn't have the Delorme with him. I don't recall him being quiet for this long when he had it. 

Assuming a scrap of sail forward, and no means to fix the rudder in position, I expect the boat would head generally downwind but sheer about a whole lot. 

6 minutes ago, Bull City said:

That is an understatement.

yes, when I ran into her it was in a dimly lit part of the maze like museum wing in which many statues and other exhibits were displayed isolated by partial walls. I came around the end of a wall and there she was within inches of me with that penetrating stare, at first I thought she was a real person in disguise.