• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

3 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I say once again bfloyd is a sock for Dabnis.

it is no secret that the people in Fiji enjoyed the grants and did everything in their power to entice more in the future after their 1971 liberation from the empire. 

6 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

I believe Jean said Rimas had 6 months supply of food when he set out from Hilo.  If so, food (other than the nutritional value of maraschino cherries) should not be a problem.

I was wondering the same thing.  The only confirmation of a Fiji SAR I am aware of came from the Fiji boy sock.

Rimas and Jean claimed he had 6 months of food. Rimas began complaining that his food was running low before reaching Am Samoa (7 weeks after leaving Hilo), and that continued until he went silent. 

5 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

I believe Jean said Rimas had 6 months supply of food when he set out from Hilo.  If so, food (other than the nutritional value of maraschino cherries) should not be a problem.

I was wondering the same thing.  The only confirmation of a Fiji SAR I am aware of came from the Fiji boy sock.

try this link. The Fijian navy operates in this capacity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Fiji_Military_Forces

Today, a 300-man strong Navy Unit RFMF, which on 25 July 2015 celebrated the fortieth anniversary of its founding. It was formed in 1975 (Naval squadron Royal Fiji Military Forces), following the government's ratification of the United Nations Law of the Sea convention. The Navy is responsible for maritime needs in border control, such as watching over Fiji's exclusive economic zone and organising task and rescue missions. It currently operates 9 patrol boats. Military aid is received from Australia, the People's Republic of China, and the United Kingdom (although the latter has suspended aid as a result of the 2006 military coup against the civilian government).

57 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

Yeh, with you on that,, as much as many of us consider him as a complete moron to shun some simple learning, I can't imagine any wish him harm when he meets the inevitable. :mellow:

...Rather opposite for Jean I suppose,,, unless he claims book rights.

Wouldn't such a dramatic demise help increase the future value of Jean's book?

9 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Rimas and Jean claimed he had 6 months of food. Rimas began complaining that his food was running low before reaching Am Samoa (7 weeks after leaving Hilo), and that continued until he went silent. 

Yeah, but you know claiming an "emergency" is a standard Rimas mooch a tow tactic

And if he actually believed he was low on food, all he would have to do is open a few lockers - and voila, food will magically appear.

Remember the sails and food he has "found" on previous adventures?

19 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Most likely named to improve relations with the USA after leaving Britain's cloak to entice larger sums of foreign aid. Just speculation.....The USA was very generous with its aid at that time and still is in my opinion

I don't know when the reefs were named, but it likely was when Fiji was still a British colony. The U.S. had an isolationist foreign policy until nearly WW2, and it's unlikely foreign aid was sent to other countries colonies. Aid to allies was sent during WW2, and aid was expanded during the Cold War to counter Soviet influence. Other than tourist dollars, I don't think Fiji gets much US aid. Most of it has come from Aus and NZ, I think recently they've had talks with China. As usual, your opinion is based on your own bias and prejudice, and not on facts.

9 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Today, a 300-man strong Navy Unit RFMF, which on 25 July 2015 celebrated the fortieth anniversary of its founding. It was formed in 1975 (Naval squadron Royal Fiji Military Forces), following the government's ratification of the United Nations Law of the Sea convention. The Navy is responsible for maritime needs in border control, such as watching over Fiji's exclusive economic zone and organising task and rescue missions. It currently operates 9 patrol boats. Military aid is received from Australia, the People's Republic of China, and the United Kingdom (although the latter has suspended aid as a result of the 2006 military coup against the civilian government).

I was wondering - but not enough to really give a shit whether they are looking for him or not.

8 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

Yeah, but you know claiming an "emergency" is a standard Rimas mooch a tow tactic

And if he actually believed he was low on food, all he would have to do is open a few lockers - and voila, food will magically appear.

Remember the sails and food he has "found" on previous adventures?

I can easily imagine Mimsy leaking like a sieve in just about any condition with water on the deck....and I can easily imagine his "lockers" full of water....batteries shot....label of cans...cans ruptured...anything not in a can...foil pouches punctured by rolling cans...you get the picture.... his first  pinging after his "gale"...which never was sustained gale force winds.... was nothing like the desperate tone of his last gibberish message...that still puzzles me....Rimyth... 

17 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Only 2 of Fijian Navy's 9 patrol boats are currently operational. 4 were gifts from Israel in the 70s, and may no longer even exist.  They are based in Suva, which is some distance away. I don't think there's much resources for SAR. Fijian 'Coast Guard' is a volunteer group, iDK what resources or training they have to conduct SAR. Airborne searches are conducted by NZ, at least in the south. 

3 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I can easily imagine Mimsy leaking like a sieve in just about any condition with water on the deck....and I can easily imagine his "lockers" full of water....batteries shot....label of cans...cans ruptured...anything not in a can...foil pouches punctured by rolling cans...you get the picture.... his first after pinging after his "gale"...which never was sustained gale force winds.... was nothing like the desperate tone of his last gibberish message...that still puzzles me....Rimyth... 

In the San Juan, he lost several pounds of raw oats that spoiled when the paper bag they were in got wet and he haven't checked them for a couple weeks.  I'm sure Mimsy had deck leaks like crazy...I don't know what, if any, action was taken to protect provisions from water damage.

Just now, RKoch said:

Only 2 of Fijian Navy's 9 patrol boats are currently operational. They are based in Suva, which is some distance away. I don't think there's much resources for SAR. Fijian 'Coast Guard' is a volunteer group, iDK what resources or training they have to conduct SAR. Airborne searches are conducted by NZ, at least in the south. 

Fiji SAR...what we would have read if the Fiji navy/CG was alerted would have been that they where actually investigating a report of missing sailor, followed by report of  a broadcast to alert air and marine listeners to be on the look out for ,this story, small planes fly every which way in Fiji...easily expand their flight path for a quick look see over the area in question,daily...no point in sending a navy vessel to just go look ...

I spent 6-7 weeks in Fiji in 2011. Never saw a Fijian Navy patrol boat.

I expect that unless specifically asked, they are not looking for him. And given the timelines, it's a bit late now.

14 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I don't know when the reefs were named, but it likely was when Fiji was still a British colony. The U.S. had an isolationist foreign policy until nearly WW2, and it's unlikely foreign aid was sent to other countries colonies. Aid to allies was sent during WW2, and aid was expanded during the Cold War to counter Soviet influence. Other than tourist dollars, I don't think Fiji gets much US aid. Most of it has come from Aus and NZ, I think recently they've had talks with China. As usual, your opinion is based on your own bias and prejudice, and not on facts.

Based upon what I read. US aid in 2015 ws$2,000,000 ccrn to: https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/FJI?fiscal_year=2015&measure=Obligations.  

Your speculating just as I did..  I was commenting on Fiji after the Empire days not during. 

43 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Fiji SAR...what we would have read if the Fiji navy/CG was alerted would have been that they where actually investigating a report of missing sailor, followed by report of  a broadcast to alert air and marine listeners to be on the look out for ,this story, small planes fly every which way in Fiji...easily expand their flight path for a quick look see over the area in question,daily...no point in sending a navy vessel to just go look ...

I think there's a couple issues. First, Fijian immigration requires minimum 48 hours notice before entering Fijian waters, including a picture of the boat. I am sure Rimas did not comply, as it was impossible for him to do so. Second, Rimas did not know he was in danger, and never sent an SOS.  So a problem arises where someone in US is trying to persuede Fijian authorities to go look for a boat that as far as they know isn't in Fiji territory, and didn't send a mayday, and as far as they know wasn't in trouble, just begging for a long tow.  I'm not saying Fiji ignored the call, just that there was several time lapses involved, sketchy information, and lack of resources in a remote location. I don't think they even have aircraft, and have to hire plane and pilot to conduct an aeriel search. I couldn't find a real time "notice to Mariners", just a list of lights that were out. I don't know that such a structure exists for Fijian authorities to broadcast a request for assistance in a search. I think you're assuming much more resources and capabilities than actually exist. It's doubtful that a '911' call generates a large and immediate response.

3 minutes ago, woolly said:

We do have the TwitFace tweet though ..  ..  ..

Republic of #Fiji Navy engaged in a #MSAR aerial search op today for a yacht adrift N of Vanua Levu #MaritimeSearchAndRescue #TeamFiji

DGhvW1SUQAA05V5.jpg

DGhvW6oV0AAbfaX.jpg
DGhvW9BU0AAb7FU.jpg

Anyone know status of the air search? Has it been halted? 

Any FB news?

1 minute ago, RKoch said:

Any FB news?

It got called off as they had to put out a fire near an oil drum.

#EMS (Domain) Youth burning rubbish next to 44 gallon drum rushed to ED by passing First Responder after drum... http://fb.me/26UZyQanO 

1 minute ago, Caferacer59 said:

i need closure

Rimas is gone...you are released from this bottomless pit......

5 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Maybe the locals will build him a culturally derived cruising boat for him to continue on his bigly adventures. In the Kon-Tiki style!

Image result for Fiji Gone Wild

any idea what those pontoons are made from? Interesting vessel, raft.

16 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Maybe the locals will build him a culturally derived cruising boat for him to continue on his bigly adventures. In the Kon-Tiki style!

Image result for Fiji Gone Wild

Meebe Rimas will live happily ever after w/that long breasted Fijian woman and make little Rimases for our ancestors to marvel at?

8 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Meebe Rimas will live happily ever after w/that long breasted Fijian woman and make little Rimases for our ancestors to marvel at?

The thought of Rimas contributing to the human gene pool is frightening. 

Here is a party sized Fiji craft! 

Image result for fijian canoe

I guess centuries old boat building tradition went out after WW2 and they turned to tin canoes. Although this is the best example of a Tin Canoe I have ever seen!

Foxy Callwood started the Jost Van Dyke Wooden Boat Regatta in the BVI and one year a guy from St Thomas brought a load of hurricane liberated roofing tin over and let the local kids build tin canoes for a regatta of their own the next day. Lots of fun for the price of a bucket of roofing tar! 

25 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Looks like planks formed and stitched together. Common technique among Micronesian traditional craft. They roamed all over the Pacific in such vessels, even upwind!

I got that photo from here, learn something!

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popular_Science_Monthly/Volume_86/June_1915/A_History_of_Fiji_I

thanks, good read and contains the likely fate of the Rimas    .........for it was the rule in Fiji that all who were upset or wrecked were regarded as sacrifices to the gods. Indeed, the gods of Fiji were themselves cannibal ghosts of dead chiefs and fed upon the spirits of those who were sacrificed.

2 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

thanks, good read and contains the likely fate of the Rimas    .........for it was the rule in Fiji that all who were upset or wrecked were regarded as sacrifices to the gods. Indeed, the gods of Fiji were themselves cannibal ghosts of dead chiefs and fed upon the spirits of those who were sacrificed.

Don't see our intrepid voyager here,

Image result for fiji cannibals

1 minute ago, Rasputin22 said:

Honey, would you take out the garbage from last nights dinner?

Image result for fiji cannibals

Do you think they made head cheese?

I found a nice video series about the Fiji canoes and in the opening frames you can clearly see an example of the stitching that joins the planks.

These guys might have been able to even teach Rimas to sail!

35 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Foxy Callwood started the Jost Van Dyke Wooden Boat Regatta in the BVI and one year a guy from St Thomas brought a load of hurricane liberated roofing tin over and let the local kids build tin canoes for a regatta of their own the next day. Lots of fun for the price of a bucket of roofing tar! 

https://www.amazon.com/How-Build-Tin-Canoe-Confessions/dp/0786182733

a good read.

Once upon a time he was a fearless (okay, clueless) stud who made it to Hilo with half his standing rigging gone. 

Take a look at post #60 way back on page one.  And a few posts thereafter.  Most of us were impressed, and he seemed uncomplaining and not an obvious mooch, at least on the surface.  A pleasant contrast to Weid Stowe.

I'm sorry he didn't give it up then and rest on his laurels.  He ended up being the butt of our jokes.  Not that he didn't deserve it, it just seems kind of sad.  He could've learned different lessons from all this (such as upwind sailing), than he did, as it devolved into drifting, grifting, and mooching.  

33 minutes ago, nolatom said:

Once upon a time he was a fearless (okay, clueless) stud who made it to Hilo with half his standing rigging gone. 

Take a look at post #60 way back on page one.  And a few posts thereafter.  Most of us were impressed, and he seemed uncomplaining and not an obvious mooch, at least on the surface.  A pleasant contrast to Weid Stowe.

I'm sorry he didn't give it up then and rest on his laurels.  He ended up being the butt of our jokes.  Not that he didn't deserve it, it just seems kind of sad.  He could've learned different lessons from all this (such as upwind sailing), than he did, as it devolved into drifting, grifting, and mooching.  

He liked the attention the media gave him, and the flattery he got from the FB cult and trolls like Jim F. He liked the donations of money and free stuff, and quickly learned to embellish his stories and abilities. In short, he liked the fantasy of being 'a bluewater sailor', and posed in that role, but he didn't want to face the reality of actually becoming one. He was just a grifting attention whore, whose incompetence finally caught up with him.

Dammit, now you fools will have me keeping my eyes open for cast off corrugated metal products to start building. Those tin canoes are sweet

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Have you ever taken a stroll about the US?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049910/Stefan-Ramin-eaten-cannibals-Charred-bones-search-missing-sailor.html

The Marquesas aren't known for cannibals...at least for the past few hundred years. My understanding is there still was some cannibalism in the western South Pacific until about WW2, but it was in regards to wars against neighboring tribes. 

10 minutes ago, RKoch said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049910/Stefan-Ramin-eaten-cannibals-Charred-bones-search-missing-sailor.html

The Marquesas aren't known for cannibals...at least for the past few hundred years. My understanding is there still was some cannibalism in the western South Pacific until about WW2, but it was in regards to wars against neighboring tribes. 

I think any self respecting cannibal would pass on Rimas anyway.

17 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

He's probably in the belly of a shark. If he was alive, he'd be squawking on the Delorme by now, begging for money, food, and a tow.

Sauer, the head of the Jisar Jeu, draped in necklaces made of the teeth of dogs and wild boars

This was over on New Guinea but when asked if he had known the missing Michael Rockefeller, this tribesman answered, "Knew him? Hell, I ate him!"

Probably not far from the truth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582979/Cannibal-killing-finally-revealed-The-gruesome-details-Rockefeller-heir-gutted-cooked-Asmat-tribe-New-Guinea.html

2 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

any idea what those pontoons are made from? Interesting vessel, raft.

Mammary tissue I'd guess

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I guess centuries old boat building tradition went out after WW2 and they turned to tin canoes. Although this is the best example of a Tin Canoe I have ever seen!

Foxy Callwood started the Jost Van Dyke Wooden Boat Regatta in the BVI and one year a guy from St Thomas brought a load of hurricane liberated roofing tin over and let the local kids build tin  ORIGAMI canoes for a regatta of their own the next day. Lots of fun for the price of a bucket of roofing tar! 

FIFY, you never knew old Brent was that prolific

I remember when Rimas went AWOL last year on his Monterey - Hilo driftathon, he didn't have the Delorme but at some point Jean put a message on Facebook to the effect that Rimas was OK, he would arrive in HI, it would not be pretty but he'd get there.

This time he posted the message about Rimas' arrival SOP, which clearly isn't so.  Other than that has Jean indicated anywhere that he thinks Rimas is still alive?

The funny thing about making those Tin Canoes on the beach with the Island kids is how we shaped the sheets. We laid them in the sand and then ran the back wheel of an old Land Rover back and forth to flatten the corrugations where we wanted more girth and then folded the sheet around a vertical 2x4 for the stem and then a horizontal 2x8 about 15" long was used as a transom. A couple of 1x2 caulked and nailed to the gunnels hid the sharp edge of the tin and a 2x6 was all that was needed for a thwart/seat. The Jost boats weren't much more sophisticated as this one.

Image result for tin canoe

Related image

Getting pretty high tech on this stem here

Leave it to a Gringo to take something easy and simple and muck it up!

Here is the real deal

33 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Nah. He probably tastes like sea salt beef jerky. Don't even need to waste time drying the meat out. 

Anything on FB? I'm wondering what the enablers who encouraged a 13 year old to play on the freeway are saying now.

In 2 months time they'll be all dreamy and say Rimas made it and has just gone to ground (sorry... a confusing metaphor given the circumstances).

Hell, they'll dream up anything in their woo woo world.

1 minute ago, Trickypig said:

Anything on FB? I'm wondering what the enablers who encouraged a 13 year old to play on the freeway are saying now.

In 2 months time they'll be all dreamy and say Rimas made it and has just gone to ground (sorry... a poor metaphor given the circumstances).

Hell, they'll dream up anything in their woo woo world.

They'll say he was a hero and died doing what he loved. Which is a load of rot and denial.

7 minutes ago, RKoch said:

They'll say he was a hero and died doing what he loved. Which is a load of rot and denial.

Your obsession with all things Rimas is kinda creepy. 

I obviously didn't read all 200 plus pages but what exactly did he do to you?

4 minutes ago, LTR said:

Try reading 200 pages.

4 minutes ago, LTR said:

Agreed, RCock seems to have nothing else to do other than monitor and comment on every single friggin post in here. 

22 minutes ago, RKoch said:

It has begun already:

Arch Bly Some of these comments are ok. Some just shitty. Jean M ~ you helped a man with a dream kudos for that, in my thinking with all this smugness I see about setting loose a grown man onto the sea with minimal abilities. Seems too me a young lady wrote a book a long time ago about her father giving her a boat instead of a education in college. With 2 weeks of sailing experience she sailed around the entire world. A 17 year old girl did that and had nothing but a world map a sextant and a old skool radio. She survived, I think no one would accomplish a damn thing in life without taking a chance. If he died on a reef near Fiji. Then he died with his boots on and wearing a smile. And no one could ask for anything else. The last time I said anything on his page the good ol boys from Never sailed any damn where roasted me for months. Hopefully they will manage to keep their comments to themselves. Go Trump.
· Reply · 7 hrs
Remove
Edmond Fitzgerald
Edmond Fitzgerald You play Euchre?

5 minutes ago, Knothead said:

Agreed, RCock seems to have nothing else to do other than monitor and comment on every single friggin post in here. 

It's an interesting thread. The subject is a conman grifter, who poses as a 'record-breaking blue water sailor' in part for the attention and in part to solicit money...which he initially said was going to children's cancer research. Not to mention there's several thousands of dollars in dockage fees he's run out on. But besides his grifting, there's also the utter incompetence of his sailing...and that the only predictable action is a non-action, he doesn't sail upwind. Now, mix in a FB fanclub of Rubes who send him money and cheer on his "feats", completely in denial to his incompetence and fraud.  It's a compelling Trainwreck, though too bad the ending was so predictable. 

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

It's an interesting thread. The subject is a conman grifter, who poses as a 'record-breaking blue water sailor' in part for the attention and in part to solicit money...which he initially said was going to children's cancer research. Not to mention there's several thousands of dollars in dockage fees he's run out on. But besides his grifting, there's also the utter incompetence of his sailing...and that the only predictable action is a non-action, he doesn't sail upwind. Now, mix in a FB fanclub of Rubes who send him money and cheer on his "feats", completely in denial to his incompetence and fraud.  It's a compelling Trainwreck, though too bad the ending was so predictable. 

I think the point of Knothead's post was that maybe all that spare time could be used volunteering at the local food bank, instead of obsessing over this thread, compelling though it may be. 

17 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

It has begun already:

Arch Bly Some of these comments are ok. Some just shitty. Jean M ~ you helped a man with a dream kudos for that, in my thinking with all this smugness I see about setting loose a grown man onto the sea with minimal abilities. Seems too me a young lady wrote a book a long time ago about her father giving her a boat instead of a education in college. With 2 weeks of sailing experience she sailed around the entire world. A 17 year old girl did that and had nothing but a world map a sextant and a old skool radio. She survived, I think no one would accomplish a damn thing in life without taking a chance. If he died on a reef near Fiji. Then he died with his boots on and wearing a smile. And no one could ask for anything else. The last time I said anything on his page the good ol boys from Never sailed any damn where roasted me for months. Hopefully they will manage to keep their comments to themselves. Go Trump.
· Reply · 7 hrs
Remove
Edmond Fitzgerald
Edmond Fitzgerald You play Euchre?

LOL...he finishes his glowing Rimas tribute with "Go Trump". That certifies him as a dumb fuck.

13 minutes ago, dash34 said:

I think the point of Knothead's post was that maybe all that spare time could be used volunteering at the local food bank, instead of obsessing over this thread, compelling though it may be. 

You and Knotbrain are welcome to donate time to a food bank. Too bad you didn't give more food to your hero instead of playing hall monitor. Hint: you're not the arbiter of forum protocol, and no one gives a shit about your opinion.

5 hours ago, RKoch said:

I told you I would inform you this morning, ok?

The Fiji SAR / MRCC have done an amazing job on trying to find the Mimsy. They have searched several days over an extensive area, and have contacted all the ships in the area. They are very well organized and are responsible for a big part of the Pacific. Hell, even just Fiji is a big responsibility with all their spread out islands, and plenty of  ships, large and small fishing vessels, ferries, small boats, and bloody yachts too! They hire planes regulary for their searches, and have been very succesful with that.

At this point there really is not much they can do. They had good weather during their searches, and from the air you can pick up a small yacht easily, even among the mangroves, and bits and pieces are sometimes visible too. Did Rimas still have that orange life ring on the boat, I can't recall seeing it lately? 

Anyway, at this point the air search has been halted, but they are continuing to monitor the situation. Any doubters of their efforts, or if any of this is true at all, well, they can go and fuck themselves. Or go looking for your "friend" yourself. 

Fijians are very friendly and happy people, but they are also very fierce and proud people, and certainly not pushovers. You're all warned! (LOL).

20 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

I told you I would inform you this morning, ok?

The Fiji SAR / MRCC have done an amazing job on trying to find the Mimsy. They have searched several days over an extensive area, and have contacted all the ships in the area. They are very well organized and are responsible for a big part of the Pacific. Hell, even just Fiji is a big responsibility with all their spread out islands, and plenty of  ships, large and small fishing vessels, ferries, small boats, and bloody yachts too! They hire planes regulary for their searches, and have been very succesful with that.

At this point there really is not much they can do. They had good weather during their searches, and from the air you can pick up a small yacht easily, even among the mangroves, and bits and pieces are sometimes visible too. Did Rimas still have that orange life ring on the boat, I can't recall seeing it lately? 

Anyway, at this point the air search has been halted, but they are continuing to monitor the situation. Any doubters of their efforts, or if any of this is true at all, well, they can go and fuck themselves. Or go looking for your "friend" yourself. 

Fijians are very friendly and happy people, but they are also very fierce and proud people, and certainly not pushovers. You're all warned! (LOL).

I'll believe that when I read a story in one of the Fiji newspapers

20 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Thank you for the update, Jim Furnish. :thumb

Rimas went against every time honoured ethic of the self sufficient sailor. He was a liability from day one.

All the woo woo dreamers who believed in his freedom and claim the critics have never sailed anywhere are crapping on these hard won values. They reveal themselves as idiots.

I remember the bureaucracy in New Zealand that decided no sailboat could leave their shores without a IYRU Cat 1 certificate in the late 90s. Cost that one up! I was there wanting to sail to Sydney and the whole offshore sailing community was dumbstruck by it. You wanna hear talk of restrictions of freedom??

Rimas is the guy whose actions result in legislation and restriction of freedoms.

Take his delorme/concierge service away from him and I'll respect his freedoms. He can disappear as he likes. I watched `Into the Wild' the other night and that kid had the right to give his dreams a go. There is no comparison between him and Rimas. None.

7 minutes ago, b4daylight said:
Replying to @VFRfiji

Has the air search halted at this point?

Need reading glasses? 

"Anyway, at this point the air search has been halted"

7 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I'll believe that when I read a story in one of the Fiji newspapers

So my friend, go fuck yourself, until then...

And BTW, how's your sis L....l  ?  

12 minutes ago, tekton said:

Thank you for the update, Jim Furnish. :thumb

FU2, call me anything but not Jim or Jean !

4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Thanks for posting jamhass. I was going to do so but got lazy and it wasn't really in context. I bought that audio book years ago and still treasure it.

You won't believe this!

http://svlittledragon.blogspot.com/2013/03/tin-dragon-just-wont-tack.html

Geez if the natives can sail around and fish from a piece of old tin like what blew off my tractor shed the seas must be very dicile in this area and Rimas is likely fat and happy sucking on a coconut under a palm with beautiful native girls to bring him his starbucks

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

Nah. He probably tastes like sea salt beef jerky. Don't even need to waste time drying the meat out. 

Taste like chicken?

2 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

Mammary tissue I'd guess

Whoa! Would have liked to have seen those before they were removed and she was eaten.....and no silicone or saline filled bags either

2 hours ago, LTR said:

I have read all bilzillon pages since day one (skimming some) and I agree, but he does have good taste in music. So how about a song for reamus (or my new favorite, rimyth)?

Edit... So given his poetry, rhymyth. :)

5 hours ago, RKoch said:

The thought of Rimas working hard enough to procreate seems unlikely.

5 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I'm gonna show this pic to my Indonesian fishing buddies..they'll be all over it! I expect to see them everywhere soon!  As for the party boat above..we'll put that work straight away!!