• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

22,065 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, RKoch said:

I vote Hopkins. Does he speak babble?

I second that vote

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, Sail4beer said:

Hopefully Bfloyd will give this thread a break when he wakes up today at some point.

BFLOYD, GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY! YOU ARE KILLING US WITH NOTHING!!

There. I said it and I'm glad. I even yelled it out which is not uncommon for me

And you think your inane statement was something?

Ian McKellen will play Rimas in the biographical film about his life and adventures at sea.

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Who's gonna play the chicken?

Who is going to play the enablers?

Those are the weirdo roles.

6 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Bfloyd

30 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I wanna know whos playing the Mahi

Charlie Tuna....

charlie_Tuna_portfolio_3601.jpg

I wanna play the harbourmaster of Monterey.
He seems to be the only one in this shitshow that didn't put up with Rimas grifting for months on end.

-_-

1 hour ago, ModernViking said:

I wanna play the harbourmaster of Monterey.
He seems to be the only one in this shitshow that didn't put up with Rimas grifting for months on end.

-_-

How about the Russian mobsters or mechanics or whatever they were? I think there were three of them. In the movie, at least one should be female and smokin' hot in a Slavik way.

6 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

How about the Russian mobsters or mechanics or whatever they were? I think there were three of them. In the movie, at least one should be female and smokin' hot in a Slavik way.

Maybe so...
Anyways I just heard that the harbourmaster role is no longer vacant...

clint.png.3178be3990fcb77d685a4b5b1d1d347d.png

47 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I nominate Tom to be Jim Furnish. 

I was hoping for Russian mobster with hot love interest but that's an upgrade from playing myself. That's not acting.

In the climactic scene, someone has to choke on buttery ashes. I was hoping to be back at my trailer with the model by then.

11 hours ago, RKoch said:

The chicken has escaped and has a new roll in life training police cadets.

THE STRAIGHT POOP well chicken shit

6 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Maybe so...
Anyways I just heard that the harbourmaster role is no longer vacant...

Awww.... I wanted to play the Harbormaster.  I envision the scene where I buck my management by towing him out.  I explain to Rimas that I make my own rules and have "my own brand of justice", just before I kick his extension ladder down. Then I take a long draw from my cigar, exhale, and tell him through the smoke, "Batten down the hatches, motherfucker.  You're going for a ride." 

The next day the boss chews my ass about it, telling me I'm a renegade just like my old man was.  That I was never the same after my partner's death that insist on blaming myself for and was the main reason for my drinking problem and intolerance for Russians. 

Then I throw my badge down on his desk.  (I have not worked out the rest of that scene yet.)

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

Awww.... I wanted to play the Harbormaster.  I envision the scene where I buck my management by towing him out.  I explain to Rimas that I make my own rules and have "my own brand of justice", just before I kick his extension ladder down. Then I take a long draw from my cigar, exhale, and tell him through the smoke, "Batten down the hatches, motherfucker.  You're going for a ride." 

The next day the boss chews my ass about it, telling me I'm a renegade just like my old man was.  That I was never the same after my partner's death that insist on blaming myself for and was the main reason for my drinking problem and intolerance for Russians. 

Then I throw my badge down on his desk.  (I have not worked out the rest of that scene yet.)

:lol:
You deserve that role!
Mr. Eastwood, please step aside

1 hour ago, TQA said:

dats funny.  Needs to be incorporated into the movie.  Ben is looking for an ending?  The boss puts the chicken in his face and dares him to crack a smile.

I originally had nominated Sir Anthony Perkins for the RImas role,

Image result for anthony hopkins

but has revised my choice to Billy Bob Thornton due to his role in SLINGBLADE;

Image result for sling blade

+1 for Billy Bob!

We might have a candidate over here for the Chicken from a kids TV-show.
But it might be cruel to seperate it from best friend Teddy Bear, for which I don't really see an obvious role

Just watch this clip from Slingblade and transpose it to a Starbucks. Pretty good 'thousand yard stare' a couple of times.

4 hours ago, TQA said:

damn,, I woulda started shooting immediatly my commander stuck his chicken in my face.  jus'sayin  :mellow:

Jean will be a pivotal role. Maybe the film would be told from his pov. Maybe ewan mcgregor or ?

14 minutes ago, We are Rimas! said:

Jean will be a pivotal role. Maybe the film would be told from his pov. Maybe ewan mcgregor or ?

Jean should be played by Jim Parsons but voiced over by Al Roaker!

21 minutes ago, We are Rimas! said:

I nominate Richard Dean Anderson, former Macgyver, as the actor for Jean.

The right temperament, casting is close, ability to put shit together, fixing up Rimas's fouls, gosh darn charity. Recent photo.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/919616762415ea4ccaddccfff3f423da

Thread Drift with Topical Reading.

Something to add to the Rimas' waiting room online library.

Another Great Adventure in the same Pacific theme, the manuscript is from the University of BC.

The Endeavor, with a page by page viewer of the original writing, or a text file to read.

Journal of a voyage to the South Seas, in his Majesty's ship, the Endeavour - UBC Library Open Collections

From a woman's perspective, this is another in the UBC collection.

I quote.

"

Manuscript (handwritten) journal of Susannah (Hack) Weynton during her voyage on board the Hudson's Bay Company supply ship Cowlitz (captained by her husband Alexander John Weynton), travelling from London to the Pacific Northwest via Cape Horn and Hawaii, and back to London again. The account dates from August 4, 1849 to March 22, 1851. It contains observations on weather encountered, places visited, and people met, including members of British Columbia's First Nations communities and Governor James Douglas and his family, and contains headings (written vertically) in the margins to guide the reader to specific sections of the account. The account ends before the ship reaches port in England (April 26, 1851) as the writer gives birth on board the ship. The account is followed by the partial journal of Susannah's sister Clarissa Hack, during a voyage on board the ship Mary Ann, travelling from London to Sydney, Australia, in the company of Susannah, Captain Weynton and their child. Clarissa's journal pages date from March 8, 1852 to June 21, 1852, whereas the ship arrived in Sydney on July 9, 1852. Also included in the volume is a handwritten prayer, unsigned but presumably transcribed by one of the two sisters.

"

Journal of a voyage to the Pacific and American shores - UBC Library Open Collections

The end has to be a big turd swirling in a bowl and then flushed down.

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

The end has to be a big turd swirling in a bowl and then flushed down.

I think that's another movie with a very small audience .. :unsure:

One of the many advantages of a v lightly moderated forum such as SA is that it provides a chance to see who would make fun of a man's death.

Answer: more people than I would have hoped

8 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

One of the many advantages of a v lightly moderated forum such as SA is that it provides a chance to see who would make fun of a man's death.

I agree somewhat... I blame peer group pressure and the very real fact that we just don't know.

His enablers actually think he may still be alive.

4 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I originally had nominated Sir Anthony Perkins for the RImas role,

I'm gonna fight you on this one, Rasputin.

I have to find my original post on this thread and make a screenshot of it which includes the time-stamp. You do the same.

Loser buys the drinks at The Brown.

10 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Pour Rimmas our brave hero who will always be in everyones hearts for the bravery and achievements of his world record breaking voyage cut tragically short. [c]purple[/c]

:rolleyes:

Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking 
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

3 minutes ago, Trickypig said:
13 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I agree somewhat... I blame peer group pressure and the very real fact that we just don't know.

Lord of the Flies with an adult cast, eh?

2 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Lord of the Flies with an adult cast, eh?

No less absurd than Rimas and his cast of enablers.

We may be satirizing their actions but Rimas and his enablers were there doing it.

Theirs is a weird modern equivalent of killing the pig with their dreams.

And a note to those of us selecting actors for the various roles in Rimas: The Movie: Make your selections based on physical appearance, not on some particular role an actor has played. They're all actors; they can act whatever part you ask of them.

28 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

This is SA, I would expect no less. 

34 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

That is a fair point indeed.
Tell us what you have done to save Rimas

47 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Everybody dies. Not many people work harder at making death happen than Rimas. For example he actively refused to learn to sail and control his boat despite many offers.

Second would be turning off  his sat tracker right when his guardian angel Jean is calling for a tow. If he drifted into that reef and sank, it's because he avoided all  the efforts people made to make his voyage successful. He deserves almost every joke at his expense. I'd be happy if he kept drifting around for years, but I knew he was always going to die at sea unless he was forced ashore by authorities or lack of enablers.

I tend to think that his failing eyesight would make this his last trip anyways unless it   was something easily correctable like cataracts.

3 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Thread Drift with Topical Reading.

Something to add to the Rimas' waiting room online library.

Another Great Adventure in the same Pacific theme, the manuscript is from the University of BC.

The Endeavor, with a page by page viewer of the original writing, or a text file to read.

Journal of a voyage to the South Seas, in his Majesty's ship, the Endeavour - UBC Library Open Collections

From a woman's perspective, this is another in the UBC collection.

I quote.

"

Manuscript (handwritten) journal of Susannah (Hack) Weynton during her voyage on board the Hudson's Bay Company supply ship Cowlitz (captained by her husband Alexander John Weynton), travelling from London to the Pacific Northwest via Cape Horn and Hawaii, and back to London again. The account dates from August 4, 1849 to March 22, 1851. It contains observations on weather encountered, places visited, and people met, including members of British Columbia's First Nations communities and Governor James Douglas and his family, and contains headings (written vertically) in the margins to guide the reader to specific sections of the account. The account ends before the ship reaches port in England (April 26, 1851) as the writer gives birth on board the ship. The account is followed by the partial journal of Susannah's sister Clarissa Hack, during a voyage on board the ship Mary Ann, travelling from London to Sydney, Australia, in the company of Susannah, Captain Weynton and their child. Clarissa's journal pages date from March 8, 1852 to June 21, 1852, whereas the ship arrived in Sydney on July 9, 1852. Also included in the volume is a handwritten prayer, unsigned but presumably transcribed by one of the two sisters.

"

Journal of a voyage to the Pacific and American shores - UBC Library Open Collections

Great thanks for the links

Two Legged I mostly feel sad, angry and appalled at Rimas's possible demise.

Dreamy people encouraged a deluded old man to risk his life without him understanding that this was in fact the case. I'm surprised he got away with it so long.

If I see any humour, it is at the foolishness of the enablers and the powerlessness of anyone using reason with them or Rimas. This thread and FB actually contains some excellent advice for enablers and Rimas himself, none of which appeared to be heeded.

The noble sentiment from Rimas's supporters is his `freedom'... idiots!

So let the humour continue at their expense, they deserve it; and more.

49 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Two Legged I mostly feel sad, angry and appalled at Rimas's possible demise.

Dreamy people encouraged a deluded old man to risk his life without him understanding that this was in fact the case. I'm surprised he got away with it so long.

If I see any humour, it is at the foolishness of the enablers and the powerlessness of anyone using reason with them or Rimas. This thread and FB actually contains some excellent advice for enablers and Rimas himself, none of which appeared to be heeded.

I agree. I hope the people that enjoyed beating up on the obviously mentally impaired old man like class room bullies will learn from this saga. I think Jean in his message on fb regarding he wanted one more ping from rimas then he would call in SAR assets made that comment because he felt responsible. And in my opinion he was. At that point rimas was less than three hours from the reef if he stayed on course. Jean is not dumb he knew what lie ahead for the Rimas

anyway its over and done and I hope the old guy who is considerably younger than me pops up again like he has done in the pass.

He got through the reef & is heading for the Horn. 

7 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

He got through the reef & is heading for the Horn. 

Go the Rimas!

12 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

You've never heard of Darwin awards?

Most people get a post. Rimas gets a 20,000+ post saga, but it's the same sport. When someone dies in a way that's crying out to be mocked, some will answer the call.

4 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You've never heard of Darwin awards?

Most people get a post. Rimas gets a 20,000+ post saga, but it's the same sport. When someone dies in a way that's crying out to be mocked, some will answer the call.

And some will always whine and feel superior.

Dreams of heroes...

I have to tell you about my dream. I dont usually dream and never dream about being at sea...but as I was deeply slumbering I dreamed I was at one of my favorite anchorages from the old days...I knew I was there because from an angle The Cape looks like the profile of a goat's head. The sea was flat and slick like glass-not a ripple...it was kind of foggy when all of a sudden out of nowhere comes this sailboat going fast- the sails were billowing and full of wind but it was dead calm as she glided past me--and it was Rimas at the tiller, he waved and yelled at me-gave me a thumbs up and was gone in an instant. then I awoke-the dream seemed so real it startled me. Im trying to figure out what it all means. I think it means, or I should say I feel it means that Rimas is okay and safe somewhere and that everything is fine

Comments
Tom Ray
Tom Ray You say this sailboat was going fast? Are you absolutely sure it was Rimas?

Im trying to figure out what it all means.

It means Jim, and you don't have to be Freud to figure it out, You've killed him.

7 minutes ago, Chum said:

Fair winds and following seas. RIP.

Licke he crostovere to the orther side?

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Charon is giving Rimas his final, futile seamanship lesson.

I think he has slipped through the reefs to the North and is bound to Guam to set up a protest/picket line to keep N Korean nukes from threatening all the Japanese tourists there. He has a history on Guam and his translation skills will reassure politicians on both sides of that conflict. That may even earn him a US ambassadorship to North Korea with Dennis Rodman as his Naval Attache.

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

More like blown over to the other side I think, but yes, I think he's gone to a watery grave.

7 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I think he has slipped through the reefs to the North and is bound to Guam to set up a protest/picket line to keep N Korean nukes from threatening all the Japanese tourists there. He has a history on Guam and his translation skills will reassure politicians on both sides of that conflict. That may even earn him a US ambassadorship to North Korea with Dennis Rodman as his Naval Attache.

A picture of the two of them together would be interesting. Which eyes convey more crazy?

31 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

It would be Rimas to do that, stubborn enough to cut off the Delorme feed after no FB-CG tow arrangement, just sail out as easy as he came in.

Unless someone is going to dive Texas reef and tell us there are broken cherry jars and a concrete keel, then Rimas has long since left the building for an epic port on his last journey.

Australia, Guam, Japan or Alaska.

4 hours ago, Varan said:

He ain't dead, he's just asleep.

He just went home.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

A picture of the two of them together would be interesting. Which eyes convey more crazy?

Hard to find photos of Rodman without sunglasses (or false eyelashes!)

v0lTt7t.png

If Rimas cut off the Delorme (or the batteries went dead), it would be hard for him to navigate  back out to the north without input from his router....especially if he had to make a course allowance for current. That's in addition to 'broken tiller' and damaged sails.  Although it's certainly possible, I think it's unlikely he pulled it off. It seems increasingly likely the boat is on the bottom in the vicinity of Texas Reef. Too bad there's been no close search of the shorelines downwind for identifiable flotsam. I'm pretty sure there would be berth cushions, propane bottles, and chunks of interior woodwork. 

6 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Hard to find photos of Rodman without sunglasses (or false eyelashes!)

v0lTt7t.png

OK... I nominate Dennis Rodman to play the role of Jean.

Eddie Haskell for Jim Furnish.

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

If Rimas cut off the Delorme (or the batteries went dead), it would be hard for him to navigate  back out to the north without input from his router....especially if he had to make a course allowance for current. That's in addition to 'broken tiller' and damaged sails.  Although it's certainly possible, I think it's unlikely he pulled it off. It seems increasingly likely the boat is on the bottom in the vicinity of Texas Reef. Too bad there's been no close search of the shorelines downwind for identifiable flotsam. I'm pretty sure there would be berth cushions, propane bottles, and chunks of interior woodwork. 

I couldn't see the berth cushions floating - they'd be so full of effluvial grime and chicken exudement, they would have gone to the bottom quicker than Rimass.

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Ahhh yes, this mysterious and alleged router.  If he exists, it would certainly explain how Rimas is often drifting toward apparent danger and we lose all contact, only to have him reappear a few days later clear and safe, declaring a new destination.

If this router exists and I doubt Rimas' bravado would allow him admit using one,  then is it not possible (as I mentioned the possibility of several pages ago) that the router informed Rimas of Texas Reef?

Once informed, he could possibly deviate to avoid the reef, then shut down all other communication to avoid embarrassment until he targets a new destination.  He was alleged to have 6 months of provisions, so that would leave maybe 3 months left.

Remember, he went dark for something like 6 weeks the last time he went to Hilo.  So I would say there is still a possibility (although remote) that he is just following his modus operandi and will reappear in a few weeks or months proclaiming his new destination and/or complaining about something.

Mimsy could be 585 miles out at 45 a day. He has his GPS, has repaired his sails already this trip, can get rain and fish...can take a storm.

"Tiller broke" is from deep in the Rolodex. Nothing a basketball sized wad of bungies wouldn't fix...

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@3&key=zonhAanaa_%40

Kim Jong sailing Meme Generator - Imgflip

1u1a90.jpg

8 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Dreams of heroes...

That was great! Thanks for the laugh

1 hour ago, 12 metre said:

Ahhh yes, this mysterious and alleged router.  If he exists, it would certainly explain how Rimas is often drifting toward apparent danger and we lose all contact, only to have him reappear a few days later clear and safe, declaring a new destination.

If this router exists and I doubt Rimas' bravado would allow him admit using one,  then is it not possible (as I mentioned the possibility of several pages ago) that the router informed Rimas of Texas Reef?

Once informed, he could possibly deviate to avoid the reef, then shut down all other communication to avoid embarrassment until he targets a new destination.  He was alleged to have 6 months of provisions, so that would leave maybe 3 months left.

Remember, he went dark for something like 6 weeks the last time he went to Hilo.  So I would say there is still a possibility (although remote) that he is just following his modus operandi and will reappear in a few weeks or months proclaiming his new destination and/or complaining about something.

Ok. Ill tell you what i have learned. 

I looked up the delorme subscriptions a few years ago. One of thethebasic subscriptions allowed for 5 messages a day.  I assumed this is the plan rimas had. It allowed 3 messages a day to his fanbase and 2 additional messages , maybe one for an emergency and one from jean or a fellow named david wheatley from england who is the weather router. (Scroll back to the curricane). Jean can send him messages aslong as the delirme is turned on which was verified by jean . I think jean sent him messages about what hazards (land)was ahead.  

Rimas' blackout periods could be he shut it off to make jean panic or to hide his position. 

Rimas could also keep it on and not send messages because he is usiong the 5 messages to communicate with someone , ie jean, david , or shannon. 

According to jean the tracker is off.

4 minutes ago, We are Rimas! said:

Ok. Ill tell you what i have learned. 

I looked up the delorme subscriptions a few years ago. One of thethebasic subscriptions allowed for 5 messages a day.  I assumed this is the plan rimas had. It allowed 3 messages a day to his fanbase and 2 additional messages , maybe one for an emergency and one from jean or a fellow named david wheatley from england who is the weather router. (Scroll back to the curricane). Jean can send him messages aslong as the delirme is turned on which was verified by jean . I think jean sent him messages about what hazards (land)was ahead.  

Rimas' blackout periods could be he shut it off to make jean panic or to hide his position. 

Rimas could also keep it on and not send messages because he is usiong the 5 messages to communicate with someone , ie jean, david , or shannon. 

According to jean the tracker is off.

that's why no more messages after the four that day. This same thing happened on the Hilo trip t a mon latter he popped up. 

Rimas did not have the Delorme on either trip to Hilo.

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Don't bother telling him yet again, it doesn't stick.

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

How do you know? Delorme data does not have to be public it can be kept private or so I was lead to believe by Garmin.

1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

How do you know? Delorme data does not have to be public it can be kept private or so I was lead to believe by Garmin.

Drifting to Hilo in the San Juan was before Shannon bought the Delorme. Shannon took it back for safe keeping after Samoa, hadn't given it back when Rimas was flushed out of SF Bay because no one knew he was heading to Hawaii again. 

1 minute ago, RKoch said:

Drifting to Hilo in the San Juan was before Shannon bought the Delorme. Shannon took it back for safe keeping after Samoa, hadn't given it back when Rimas was flushed out of SF Bay because no one knew he was heading to Hawaii again. 

Esp the Rimas.

10 hours ago, Varan said:

He ain't dead, he's just asleep.

Much like a Norwegian Blue. 

59 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Esp the Rimas.

ah yes. I remember thanks. The garmine website indicates the unit is still operational and operating normally. How can that be if it is deep sixed? Wonder if they are not referring to their system and not the rimas around the world account I was looking at?

Atta Boy Nick!

6 hours ago, RKoch said:

You Koch, you and a few others, certainly get it!  Except that you forget about his rather useless Garmin GPS.

Anyway, we for ourselves, we are working on a shore search, or at least more awareness of flotsam or wreckage. The Navy/SAR people had already contacted the Police, but we have now personally met with the two Police area commanders concerned, and supplied them with all the relevant info and pictures. Actually, the Police commander for the Udu Peninsula did just visit several local villages on the peninsula and already asked the fishermen  to keep an eye open.

We have also personally put up a reward of FJ$ 100 for any piece found on the coast that is identified as most likely from the "Mimsy", or FJ$ 500 for the location of the wreck. You are all welcome to chip in for finding Rimas himself, dead or alive, or a skeleton... 

As for the Navy SAR operation, they said they will decide this week whether to officially call off the search, or not. We, a Christian family, we feel they should  search around Texas Reef by boat and divers, or snorkelers, and possibly under water cameras. And may be they could ask the New Zealand  patrol vessel HMNZS Hawea to help in the search. For a bit of info on them see for instance:  http://www.pireport.org/articles/2017/07/23/nz-navy-vessel-picks-50-infringements-fijian-waters

The SAR Operation Officer also confirmed that no one from the U.S.A., no Jean M., nor Jim F. had contacted them whatsoever. Looks like those two are in hiding, or too lazy and dumb to do anything. Any Farcebook updates anyone?

35 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

You Koch, you and a few others, certainly get it!  Except that you forget about his rather useless Garmin GPS.

Anyway, we for ourselves, we are working on a shore search, or at least more awareness of flotsam or wreckage. The Navy/SAR people had already contacted the Police, but we have now personally met with the two Police area commanders concerned, and supplied them with all the relevant info and pictures. Actually, the Police commander for the Udu Peninsula did just visit several local villages on the peninsula and already asked the fishermen  to keep an eye open.

We have also personally put up a reward of FJ$ 100 for any piece found on the coast that is identified as most likely from the "Mimsy", or FJ$ 500 for the location of the wreck. You are all welcome to chip in for finding Rimas himself, dead or alive, or a skeleton... 

As for the Navy SAR operation, they said they will decide this week whether to officially call off the search, or not. We, a Christian family, we feel they should  search around Texas Reef by boat and divers, or snorkelers, and possibly under water cameras. And may be they could ask the New Zealand  patrol vessel HMNZS Hawea to help in the search. For a bit of info on them see for instance:  http://www.pireport.org/articles/2017/07/23/nz-navy-vessel-picks-50-infringements-fijian-waters

The SAR Operation Officer also confirmed that no one from the U.S.A., no Jean M., nor Jim F. had contacted them whatsoever. Looks like those two are in hiding, or too lazy and dumb to do anything. Any Farcebook updates anyone?

Keep looking asshole

With interweb and international laws not keeping up with the pace of intertwined activity and crowd funding, i am sure some ambulance chaser could drag Jean & Jim out of the shadows to help pay for S&R costs.

44 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Keep looking asshole

Thank you, I am honored !

Oh, thought you had gone of to the new "Rimas, fake news only" thread...

"Gone Vuli":  SA metaphor for Shrodinger's Sock?

"Like that Foil Dude gone Way Vuli over the all-purpose foil man..."

9 minutes ago, Kenny Dumas said:

"Gone Vuli":  SA metaphor for Shrodinger's Sock?

"Like that Foil Dude gone Way Vuli over the all-purpose foil man..."

Sorry, that's way above a Fijian's boy pay grade. All I have learned sofar, is that on the subject of missing quantum socks, my own experiments have thrown up interesting observations – and we all know how important observation is in quantum theory.

I have discovered it is the rotation of the washing or drying drum that causes the disappearances. Just like a planet, there is a degree of frame-dragging going on. This imparts a stress on space-time and some socks manage to disappear from our continuum.There is evidence – I have noted a missing sock has turned up in a previous wash, indicating time travel of a week or more.

BTW, I need new socks for in my rugby boots, can you send me some, please!

3 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Boring

4 minutes ago, Varan said:

Boring

Sorry to hear, but the whole Rimas thread has become boring, except for the music and the proa's.

Even Rimas thinks so himself...

32 minutes ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

Sorry to hear, but the whole Rimas thread has become boring, except for the music and the proa's.

Even Rimas thinks so himself...

Okay, how about the studio version for Rimas...

Peace to Rinse.

36 minutes ago, Varan said:

Peace to Rinse.

That's beautiful and amazing, thank you.

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters" might be appropriate too?  

1 hour ago, Varan said:

Peace to Rinse.

Nice. I sent a link to my friend currently touring Georgia. This is her playing with Tommy Emmanuel.

5 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

What, pining for the fjords?

:P

Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue.

I think it is very interesting that Jean has pretty much gone to ground.  Perhaps he has washed his hands of the whole affair.

Back to following Web Chiles.   Smaller boat, bigger sailor.

6 hours ago, alphafb552 said:
13 hours ago, pbd said:

Much like a Norwegian Blue. 

What, pining for the fjords?

:P

I think he's pining for a Chevy

FB- Doug

If he'd just retired from sailing (or posting about it) after that first harrowing voyage from almost Mexico to Hilo with half his standing rigging gone, he'd be remembered more as a cool and brave, albeit clueless but really lucky, dude.

If....if....

if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride...

15 hours ago, Fiji Gone Vuli said:

The SAR Operation Officer also confirmed that no one from the U.S.A., no Jean M., nor Jim F. had contacted them whatsoever.

So who did raise the alarm if it was not Jean?