• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

27 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

He was completely ignorant of the risks.

He was trying to play superman with a Clark Kent ability

15 hours ago, 12 metre said:

In Arab culture I believe it is called Inshallah,  In Western culture, we might be inclined to call it "tempting the fates".or "leave it to the gods"- but that is not the same since that includes the possibility of a negative outcome.

If it were an accepted trait in Western culture, we would not have "risk assessment", nor would we properly plan and outfit our boats for such voyages.  We would simply do what Rimas did.

My main point being that it may be considered abnormal behaviour in Western culture as evidenced by the responses in this thread, but appears to be considered normal in Russian culture.

14 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

So what is it called in Kanuckistani culture??

I believe here in Canada our saying for that frame of mine is best summed up in the phrase  "Here hold my beer, I got this"

Didn't Remas have an offshore floatation coat? Thought I saw him wearing one. Seems logical that if he was wearing one the locals would have spotted him. Not likely as skinny as he was he would have been much good in the pot but you never can tell I imagine red meat is scarce in the islands.:D

Check out the boat that replaced Mimsy at the Hilo wharf.  Hate to be that Harbormaster.  Endless progression of  sea roach scows through that place I imagine.

8 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Check out the boat that replaced Mimsy at the Hilo wharf.  Hate to be that Harbormaster.  Endless progression of  sea roach scows through that place I imagine.

That's a scow? Looks more like junk to me. But it has come to my attention lately that we have the opportunity to begin a campaign to free nipples!

https://thetab.com/2015/03/31/naked-breasts-34216

56 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

That's a scow? Looks more like junk to me. But it has come to my attention lately that we have the opportunity to begin a campaign to free nipples!

https://thetab.com/2015/03/31/naked-breasts-34216

When does "Free the Vagina" start?

On 8/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, 12 metre said:

I still contend it's not a matter of: mental instability (except perhaps in the minds of western culture),  illusions of grandeur,or not knowing his limitations - Rimas is simply displaying Russian Avos (sometimes mistakenly called Russian Fatalism) 

http://russiapedia.rt.com/of-russian-origin/avos/

"Russian Avos’ is one of the most crucial elements of the Russian mentality and national character; it is the habit of relying totally on chance, on good luck, on good fate in the hopes that everything will turn out well, even if there is no reason for that to happen. It is to hope that negative consequences will somehow be avoided and things will sort themselves out."

Okay. So if your statement were true, we  wouldn't have just one Rimas, we would have 100,000 of them bobbing around in various oceans on the world. But we don't. There was only one Rimas.

29 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

When does "Free the Vagina" start?

Well first you must properly manage the nipples and breasts then the labia majora, minora, will open exposing her vaginal canyon to your scrutiny in order to ascertain its suitability for your intended purpose. Nipples first

Ummmm, has anyone checked to see if any of his SS checks have been cashed??  

Just sayin....  

On 8/28/2017 at 0:33 PM, HypnoToad said:

Nice observation noob. Now enable us with some tits!

The force is strong in this one.....  :P

On 8/27/2017 at 6:31 PM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I dont know how pc this Is but the third one from the left looks like al jolson.

I think Al Jolson had bigger tits

4 hours ago, shaggy said:

Ummmm, has anyone checked to see if any of his SS checks have been cashed??  

Just sayin....  

Probably has direct deposit

50 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Probably has direct deposit

Yep,I'm sure one or more of his enablers would know. Heard of a lady  that rented rooms to old men then would bury them in the backyard with the help of her renters  collecting checks for months some years. Her assistants would soon gets rooms at the lower level if they had no family or close friends. She made a killing for years until the utility company started digging up bones or something like that.

26 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Yep,I'm sure one or more of his enablers would know. Heard of a lady  that rented rooms to old men then would bury them in the backyard with the help of her renters  collecting checks for months some years. Her assistants would soon gets rooms at the lower level if they had no family or close friends. She made a killing for years until the utility company started digging up bones or something like that.

Wow. People in Oregon are creepy!

10 minutes ago, By the lee said:

Wow. People in Oregon are creepy!

chuckle, we have a few of those but the incident above took place in Sacramento Ca. I think her name was dorthea peuentes, excuse spelling Ca. has had many good ones. One of my favorites was the Fire Chief that taught classes for fire department personnel on the latest techniques all over the west that was busted setting fires..... At the time I was an Emergency Responder for Cal EPA so this guy was big news.  

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

One of them is, anyhow.

Yes many people are up in arms over her proposals and want to remove her from office. Her latest is in regards to Oregon's national monuments which she would like to see downsized and developed. Look it up if interested

1 hour ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Yes many people are up in arms over her proposals and want to remove her from office. Her latest is in regards to Oregon's national monuments which she would like to see downsized and developed. Look it up if interested

Another swing and a miss ...

16 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

chuckle, we have a few of those but the incident above took place in Sacramento Ca. I think her name was dorthea peuentes, excuse spelling Ca. has had many good ones. One of my favorites was the Fire Chief that taught classes for fire department personnel on the latest techniques all over the west that was busted setting fires..... At the time I was an Emergency Responder for Cal EPA so this guy was big news.  

This reminds me of a humorous (hahahahahahahah chucklechuckle,hehheheh ... oh ....) saying when I finished college and left sunny Cal for warmer water. The joke was that Oregon was considering closing its borders to stop Californians from moving north. Looks like you made it through, tho. A wall would have stopped that shit.

A Texan, a Californian, and a Washingtonian were on a camping trip together. They are sitting around the fire after dinner, shootin' the breeze, and the Texan pulls out a bottle of tequila and takes a long drink off it. Then he throws the bottle into the air, pulls out his Colt Single Action Army, and fires a single shot, blasting the bottle and its contents to bits.

The Californian and the Washingtonian are both shocked! "What did you do that for?!?! You just wasted all that tequila!"

"Welllll," the Texan drawled, "we got plenty of tequila in Texas..."

So the Californian pulls out a boutique Pinot Noir, pours himself a nice glass, takes a drink, then tosses his bottle up and shoots it.

"We got plenty of wine in California!"

Not to be outdone, the Washingtonian pops the cap off a fine craft micro-brew IPA, takes a drink, and shoots the Californian.

"We got plenty of Californians in Washington..."

F**kin A, true story.

Might be time to get a Northern Division of the Tourist Go Home party organized.

2 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

bikini_bobble.gif

And for those of us whose interests lie a little further south:

butt_smack.gif

I see what you did there.

If it were Mimsy, it would have at least 4" of growth on the bottom!

The conversation posted by Hypno continues...

Not neccessarily related but a vessel aground on a reef:

22° 02.2S 168° 38.5E

It 'could' be possible that "MIMSY" got this far during the month it has been missing ?

Comments
Tom Ray
Tom Ray No, not possible.
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 17 hrs
Manage
Dan Wierman
Dan Wierman Anything is possible. More details?
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·
· 12 hrs
Remove
Shannon Buys
Shannon Buys That could totally be him. Any more details?
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 6 hrs
Remove
David S Wheatley
David S Wheatley I didn't follow it up as there are keyboard warriors who shot me down in flames without doing their groundwork. I have all "MIMSY" positions since SF and he had travelled further in the previous month until his last known position on 31 July (a distance of 1470nm) compared to 810nm to the yacht that is currently aground . 1f615.png:/
· Reply · 6 hrs
Remove
Shannon Buys
Shannon Buys The position is consistent with where he would probably of been trying to go having missed fiji and 810 miles is about right for the amount of time and no mainsail.
· Reply ·
· 6 hrs

I'm surprised these two still think Rimas is alive. For those who don't know, David was Rimas' router/navigator and Shannon is up there with Jean as an enabler.

He was headed right for a reef and these two know it better than anyone. There's no reason to think he missed it.

G'day, just after 4 am here in Fiji, and up for an overseas skype call, so will be brief. These facefucking enablers are a bit very slow. Fiji SAR (RCC) actually had all the info the day after I joined S.A., belief it or not...  

Not sure what I want to disclose, but they, the RCC/Navy did all that one can "reasonably" expect. Will elaborate later, if you don't mind.

14 minutes ago, Fiji said:

G'day, just after 4 am here in Fiji, and up for an overseas skype call, so will be brief. These facefucking enablers are a bit very slow. Fiji SAR (RCC) actually had all the info the day after I joined S.A., belief it or not...  

Not sure what I want to disclose, but they, the RCC/Navy did all that one can "reasonably" expect. Will elaborate later, if you don't mind.

Yeah. NSA sorted it out for me too. I may elaborate later.

Or not. Depends on how my gofundme effort goes.

15 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

The conversation posted by Hypno continues...

I'm surprised these two still think Rimas is alive. For those who don't know, David was Rimas' router/navigator and Shannon is up there with Jean as an enabler.

He was headed right for a reef and these two know it better than anyone. There's no reason to think he missed it.

If what you say is correct then why would his navigator believe this aground vessel could be Mimsy?

24 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

If what you say is correct then why would his navigator believe this aground vessel could be Mimsy?

this is the same navigator that was trying to get him to Alaska.....   can we just assume that everything related to this is a shit show   Rimas is dead...period.

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Yeah. NSA sorted it out for me too. I may elaborate later.

Or not. Depends on how my gofundme effort goes.

Funny as Fake, blue crap, but please do me a patreon account instead, then my young wife will show you how to make pancakes, and you buy my fiji boy a new iphone. 

26 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

I know the wind has changed a bit since the cockroach went off the radar, but not much.  These guys think he drifted upwind.  WTF

Untitled.jpg

I think that's just a cold front that made its way north. In general, 22* S should be in the trade winds...ESE more or less, most of the time.  He could have limped that direction, but imo more westerly is likely. 

There still remains the poor likelyhood that Rimas recognized the minefield in Fiji and managed to extricate himself in time... without outside assistance, without steering, and with shredded sails. 

2 hours ago, Kingstonsail said:

this is the same navigator that was trying to get him to Alaska.....   can we just assume that everything related to this is a shit show   Rimas is dead...period.

ah...chuckle... that explains it, no wonder he smashed up on the reef with a navigator like that

5 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I think they just don't want to believe that he's really not going to turn up this time. So they're keeping watch and doing whatever they can think of to do.

Good on 'em and you never know. People have drifted around for quite a while and survived. Currents can do funny things near reefs. Maybe he will turn up alive. It would be stranger than fiction.

20 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I think they just don't want to believe that he's really not going to turn up this time. So they're keeping watch and doing whatever they can think of to do.

Good on 'em and you never know. People have drifted around for quite a while and survived. Currents can do funny things near reefs. Maybe he will turn up alive. It would be stranger than fiction.

Well, hoping he's still alive relieves them of the burden of admitting they handed the car keys to a drunk.

14 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Well, hoping he's still alive relieves them of the burden of admitting they handed the car keys to a drunk.

good analogy but in this case many people have been pointing this out since the very beginning. What they did was to keep giving the keys to the same drunk over and over until splat, into a reef.

41 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Wishful thinking. But stranger things than this have happened before. I hope he ......someone made the comment awhile back he would someday be found desiccated floating around in the south pacific gyre 

53 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I found him! He is floating around with all the trash

If you scroll down at this link you will see him waving from the port side near Mimsy's bow

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/south-pacific-ocean-gyre-holds-massive-garbage-patch/84601/

our oceans in 2010. 

36211641395_a4aa84eaf8_k.jpg

that boat is way too tidy to be the mimsy.

1 hour ago, bigrpowr said:

that boat is way too tidy to be the mimsy.

I noticed that but at the website the pix was small and it did resemble Mimsy and Remas. This vessel has sails mast everything properly secured the only time Mimsy was like that was when others were on board

I noticed that but at the website the pix was small and it did resemble Mimsy and Remas. This vessel has sails mast everything properly secured the only time Mimsy was like that was when others were on board

mimsy was never like that, even with the trash scattered about.

Getting weird.

Rimas, I know you're reading this. I understand why you need to keep a low profile right now, but it's important that you call me as soon as possible. Check personal messages for my number. Call if you have one.

18 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Getting weird.

Coming from FL, that's meaningful.  I truly hope your hip is mending.  

The guy's dead.  His fault, and open to all criticism.  

45 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Getting weird.

Furnish is just an attention whore. Pretty classless, esp under the circumstances.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, Uncooperative Tom said:

I was sure he was gone after leaving Monterey, then he turned up in Hawaii. Will be surprised if he turns up again but not in fathomable. 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Cape_taco12 said:

We can use a Remus to search the backside of the reef for Rimas. Naming cannot be a coincidence.

F6EB02A6-D2DC-4C16-ABAB-1B5E95ECCEA6-5314-000005B8A5FB497C_tmp.png

Of course not. Well get to it then.....I understand the waters are deep.

If this fails try trolling with Starbucks coffee or Idaho Buttery Instant smashed potatoes one of those will surely catch his attention if he is there

On 8/22/2013 at 2:25 PM, buys737 said:

Have you ever wondered (hypothetically) just how far you could go if you set sail one day and headed out over the horizon in a Craiglist special 4ksb with almost no preparation? Well...now you dont have to because three weeks ago this Russian immigrant, Rimas Meleshyus, left Oak Harbor, Washington in an old San Juan 24 he bought for $500 the month before. Where is he headed? Around the world...via Cape Horn.

I went back and looked at the first post.  Looks like Rimas began sometime around July 31-Aug 1 of 2013.  His last ping:

Rimas 
Jul 30, 20175:49:30 PM

No response from fiji coast guard yet. My tilles broken no contrals for boat its dangerous current pushing unknoow strong gale was couple daays ago at night 
Speed: 1.87 mph Course: WSW
Elevation: 21.00 ft. Batt: Normal
Lat: -16.324075 Lon: -179.760703
Looks like about an even 4 years.

I also thought about his handler that was guiding him around the islands.
Remember how nervous he was some 15 to 20 miles away from Danger Island as he called it.
But his last ping he was heading right for Texas Reef and perhaps only a few hours away.
I don't think he or his handler knew about the reef.  It must have been a big surprise for him when he hit.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

No doubt.

Now can we let this poor fucker alone?

fucker??? There was no indication Remas was ever so inclined and given his dislike for anything requiring effort its not likely he ever was a fucker unless someone else did it for him. Poor grifter yes, poor fucker no.  20's sign....and Dat's all 

old honey label small 2015-01-22_10-03-27_789.jpg

On 9/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, Uncooperative Tom said:

If they believe he's dead, then they have to face the fact that their faith was misplaced.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

8 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

If they believe he's dead, then they have to face the fact that their faith was misplaced.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Getting back to Remas;

There is deep water either side of that reef and unless he was knocked out on the initial impact you would think that because those reefs are always under water that he would have been carried across the reef by the swell. He was most likely wearing a flotation device and offshore ones I thought were designed to keep your head up. Just seems odd that there is no trace if he in fact did wreck on the reef.

26 minutes ago, Varan said:

Maybe he and the chicken are just enjoying some quiet time together. 

I think so, and maybe for a very very long time

ATT00070.jpg

37 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Getting back to Remas;

There is deep water either side of that reef and unless he was knocked out on the initial impact you would think that because those reefs are always under water that he would have been carried across the reef by the swell. He was most likely wearing a flotation device and offshore ones I thought were designed to keep your head up. Just seems odd that there is no trace if he in fact did wreck on the reef.

Not at all odd. That reef extends for miles from the nearest land, which is sparsely populated. It would probably be hard to find the wreckage if you knew pretty much exactly where to look.

Getting back to Remas;

Even if the reef is mostly underwater, it probably still had waves breaking on it. These are kind of hard to see from the seaward side. The boat was likely tumbled in the surf, and was washed over the reef before sinking just to leeward of it. Rimas either was washed overboard and drowned, or went down with the boat still tethered to it. Doubtful he had time to untangle the lashing on the Orange lifering or Don a life jacket. 

53 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Even if the reef is mostly underwater, it probably still had waves breaking on it. These are kind of hard to see from the seaward side. The boat was likely tumbled in the surf, and was washed over the reef before sinking just to leeward of it. Rimas either was washed overboard and drowned, or went down with the boat still tethered to it. Doubtful he had time to untangle the lashing on the Orange lifering or Don a life jacket. 

......let alone a chance to call.... 'WHERE'S WOUTER''??  :mellow: