buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Fiji said:

Man, you have no imagination! He still had several checks left from Hilo, because he was too lazy to go and cash them. And the grifting at Starbucks went so well he didn't need the money anyway. How he kept them dry when he went for a swim, I don't know. But if you really want to know, then you must quickly go and ask him at the Tom Bradley Airterminal in L.A., because he has just been deported from Fiji, for not hoisting a yellow flag on his lifering, waisting Fijian SAR resources, and decaying in public. How do I know? Well, if you don't tell King, Beer, Sloop and your friend Crab, I now disclose that I am indeed an extraordinary sock, I am in fact ...Rimas's Ghosssssst, and here I have a little bit of a view for you guys:

 

 

So fucking A dude:  Look at the granny knot to repair the broken dock line, look at the dock cleat by the bow and how well Jean has made his line fast.  Yes, Rimas was doomed to have this jack ass as his mentor and enabler.  What has happened to some semblance of seamanship???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

So fucking A dude:  Look at the granny knot to repair the broken dock line, look at the dock cleat by the bow and how well Jean has made his line fast.  Yes, Rimas was doomed to have this jack ass as his mentor and enabler.  What has happened to some semblance of seamanship???

 

I noticed the knotted dock line too. Pretty lame. He does some pretty whacked stuff, but I'm not sure anyone could mentor Rimas. He simply refused to learn to sail or maintain his boats. His demise wasn't a question of IF, but WHEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ime am thickeng RG coude be vallabelle additione hearre....            :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

thisse hase fuckeng legges!  Evan Josh Sloccum hade a ghoste!!!

 
Hell Snag , yr wisse has been granted, with pleasure !
 
Join the Devil, Rimasse, Neptune, the Flying Dutchman, Josh Slocum, all posters on this thread, and all drunken sailors, at anytime of your choosing...
 
Any Enablers and Facecrackers please apply to Petrus in Heaven, the password is:"Tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum" 
 
P.S. Very soon all hell will break loose, but what the heckll, this is Anarchy.
P.P.S. Who said I was a Sick Fuck ? You go to heaven too !
BTW The password to hell is FU2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rimasses Ghosssssst said:
 
Hell Snag , yr wisse has been granted, with pleasure !
 
Join the Devil, Rimasse, Neptune, the Flying Dutchman, Josh Slocum, all posters on this thread, and all drunken sailors, at anytime of your choosing...
 
 
Any Enablers and Facecrackers please apply to Petrus in Heaven, the password is:"Tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam et tibi dabo claves regni caelorum" 
 
P.S. Very soon all hell will break loose, but what the heckll, this is Anarchy.
P.P.S. Who said I was a Sick Fuck ? You go to heaven too !
BTW The password to hell is FU2.

 

Fuck off newbe, and show your 69 Virgins tits !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I have nightmares too. In my dream I keep looking over the transom for the sunken dinghy holding me back. 

I have nightmares too. In see a female shark attacking my orange lifering. How do I know it was female? Because my cousin-uncles' son caught a big male shark near Rabi, in February, not lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fiji said:

I have nightmares too. In see a female shark attacking my orange lifering. How do I know it was female? Because my cousin-uncles' son caught a big male shark near Rabi, in February, not lying.

I have nightmares full of socks and enablers all still rooting for Rimas when he simply dead; all with their encouragement and good wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

I have nightmares full of socks and enablers all still rooting for Rimas when he simply dead; all with their encouragement and good wishes.

I have nightmares of bfloyd discovering the period between swells...

7c363d556227c63642361b5e8d1bdea8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 1:09 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

This would be the most pointless, elaborate, and expensive hoax in history.

We have pictures of Rimas and his boats along the US West Coast, in Hawaii, and in Samoa. So the mysterious hoaxers shipped cheap, crappy boats around the Pacific. At great expense. Why?

No, a more likely story is that we've been following the adventures of an incompetent dreamer who somehow managed to drift around the Pacific for years before hitting a reef.

And RK is right. If he got online, he'd announce victory and beg immediately. He didn't do those things so isn't online. Or even alive.

none of which have a timestamp on them and could likely be from someone's family album of a deceased uncle or father.

Why? Why balloon boy? Why that guy who said he left South Carolina and drifted around the Atlantic for several months? Why Crowhurst or the Kardashians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Parma said:

none of which have a timestamp on them and could likely be from someone's family album of a deceased uncle or father.

Why? Why balloon boy? Why that guy who said he left South Carolina and drifted around the Atlantic for several months? Why Crowhurst or the Kardashians?

There's pics from different people of Rimas aboard Mimsy in Hawaii. I doubt they independently photoshopped them, nor would they have reason to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....so, you probably explain all the media reports from Seattle, Hawaii, San Francisco, & American Samoa as just being "Fake News"?  

Reality is too hard for you to wrap your brain around, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

I have nightmares of bfloyd discovering the period between swells...

7c363d556227c63642361b5e8d1bdea8.jpg

Oh you mean that stringy thing that gets caught tween yur teeth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Parma said:

e other option is that you are all subjects of a pyschological experiment

u mean we is all maybe psycho cept Remas?.............makes sense in an Anarchy sorta way..... normal is to con tiki  style round the world ........hummm......naw, me thinks it better to stay psycho  drink grog 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 9:43 AM, bfloyd4445 said:

Those workers look for the most part like Harijans in Ghandis time or Dalits now, not Polynesians....

Fiji has a very significant population of Indian (as in from India, land of Ghandi & curry) descent. A number of Indians were brought in as workers generations back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Fiji has a very significant population of Indian (as in from India, land of Ghandi & curry) descent. A number of Indians were brought in as workers generations back.

workers???.....Work in a tropical paradise like Fiji? Naw,  no way Remas would have ever plotted a course for Fiji if he knew there was work there.

I like Gandhi, and curry but not together.......must be a Fijian recipe?.....

Gandhi is one of only a very few politicians I have much respect for, he was a great man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

workers???.....Work in a tropical paradise like Fiji? Naw,  no way Remas would have ever plotted a course for Fiji if he knew there was work there.

I like Gandhi, and curry but not together.......must be a Fijian recipe?.....

Gandhi is one of only a very few politicians I have much respect for, he was a great man.

There was a very similar program for indentured "East Indian" (as they were called in Trinidad) workers in both Trinidad and Fiji. Specifics vary, but in some cases, the deal involved a plot of land at the end. But both countries ended up with large Indian populations. The Indians in Fiji tend to be on the two large islands though, since the archipelagos and villages tend to be owned by the native Fijian population. There is also a substantial Muslim population in Fiji.

Diwali is a big holiday in both countries, though Fiji seems to take pretty much everyone's holidays off (Christmas, Easter, Diwali, Mohammed's birthday, etc.), and friends across faiths seem to enjoy swapping celebrations as everyone seems to do something on those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, madohe said:

The Malaita Gastrinomical Society Womens Auxillary want to know........

Whassup.........?

illo039b.jpg.03826fdacdbf80f7e61688857d967a40.jpg

Kind of like the one on the far right, but an ichy crouch is not a good sign. Mainsheet mahi mahi stinky.

 

 

So where is Rimas?  Starbucks or totally fucked? 

 

Sucks dieing doing what y'all love.

 

 

Here is to you ream-man

 

smileys-passing-joint.gif.548db3467fdfd9ecc13eeb69e93157f2.gif

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Varan said:

Kind of like the one on the far right, but an ichy crouch is not a good sign. Mainsheet mahi mahi stinky.

 

 

So where is Rimas?  Starbucks or totally fucked? 

 

Sucks dieing doing what y'all love.

 

 

Here is to you ream-man

 

smileys-passing-joint.gif.548db3467fdfd9ecc13eeb69e93157f2.gif

 

 

Peace!

yep, but if you gotta go what better way to go than doing what you love. Had a co worker retired early at 50 cause he felt he was gonna die and wanted to spend time with his son. Three years later he died in Santa Cruz playing Frisbee golf with his son. 

If Remas splatted on the reef we should not morn him, but us, cause he went out with style doing what he loved and most of us will just die unknown to any but a few realitives and friends. 

Here's to you Captain Remas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Any Facebook dreaming happening?

Warm gushy sentiments about freedom, the pursuit of dreams, courage, skills etc etc?

A "missing person advocate" from Oregon named Dena has apparently emailed an "immense" amount of info to Fiji authorities and was planning to follow up with a phone call today.

Not sure but I think I can spot a glint of cray-cray in her eyes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

A "missing person advocate" from Oregon named Dena has apparently emailed an "immense" amount of info to Fiji authorities and was planning to follow up with a phone call today.

Not sure but I think I can spot a glint of cray-cray in her eyes.

 

What is cray-cray? Is that like chicken juice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

A "missing person advocate" from Oregon named Dena has apparently emailed an "immense" amount of info to Fiji authorities and was planning to follow up with a phone call today.

Not sure but I think I can spot a glint of cray-cray in her eyes.

 

Ironic that one woo woo supporter, like so many of them, thinks she can understand his situation when they all have demonstrably shown no understanding of his situation.

It's all very cray-cray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some more laughable stuff on Dena Mattox Rush facebook page, for those who don't fuckbook.
Sorry for the long post, but not much is going on here anyway.
 
Please note that Fijians are way too polite to tell these idiots to fuck off, so they they just don't reply emails and hang up on the phone...
 
Here we go, enjoy and don't spill your beer !
 
 
22046099_10209597104626938_5723123616386
1f1eb_1f1ef.png26f5.png
Emailed immense amt info, but still no response from Fiji Maritime Auth. 
 
Comments
Nancy Pittard
Nancy Pittard Please include me in updates.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Nancy Pittard oh that's right ! I forgot you are his friend too! Yes I sure will. 
 
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish Have you established any more contacts on FB in Fiji?
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush I need someone to call the yacht clubs for me, Jim. Could you and David S Wheatley possibly do this ? I don't know ANYTHING about the boating world and this would hinder my ability on this immeasurably. I have the info for you or anyone who understands it to call...
 
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish Do the clubs have websites, facebook pages etc? if so hook me up and I will try to get some dialog going with someone over there
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Jim Furnish no they only have phone numbers.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Jim Furnish but I have the phone numbers for them.
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson No reply from the Fiji Sun, either, and the email hasn't bounced.
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Tried these guys? https://www.facebook.com/VFRfiji/
Community Organization
Volunteer First Responder - Fiji's photo.
Volunteer First Responder - Fiji
Like
1,501 Likes
16 talking about this
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Just wrote to the Fiji Times.
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Also wrote to McDonald's Fiji corporate office. Can't find Dena's post on the Lautoka McDonald's FB page, so I'm wondering if perhaps they don't allow comments except to their own posts. Anyway, it was worth a shot.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Wonder if they removed it then ... darn it
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I think you just tagged them in your post. The page doesn't have an option to post for outsiders, so it didn't wind up on their page as far as I can tell. No message option there, either. So that's when I decided to write to corporate. Dunno if they will care, tho. It's another wait and see.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson oh weird. Because I actually went to their page as if I was eating there. Shoot. Let me think ...
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Hey, maybe it's there. I just couldn't find it. Probably need my eyes examined.
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Just looked at the page again, and your notice isn't there. I really think they just aren't allowing anyone outside to post on their page.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush My post is still there, Elleda Rhiannon Wilson....contacting McDonalds corporate was a good idea ..I'm thinking. Really need to think outside the box on this one...

https://www.facebook.com/denadeniserush/posts/10209552386629016
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting
Image may contain: sky, boat, ocean, outdoor and water
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, ocean, outdoor and water
Dena Mattox Rush added 3 new photos — with Jim Furnish and David S Wheatley at McDonald's Fiji (Lautoka, Fiji).

DEAR FIJI & FIJI MCDONALDS, WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. 

Rimas Meleshyus has been missing in his boat the Mimsy since mid July. He is Russian by birth & has...

Manage
Loyal Phillips-Kuhn
Loyal Phillips-Kuhn Good Luck and Following Seas !!!
 
Manage
Laurie Carson Mcafee
Laurie Carson Mcafee Dena Mattox Rush Did you contact all the cruise ship lines? Norwegian, Carnival, Royal caribbean? They might be the perfect people to be on the watch through the shipping lanes.
 
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush That's a good idea
 
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Will see about this.
 
 · 22 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Answer from McDonald's in Fiji Jim Furnish:
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Bula Elleda, please note that this a company page and we do not have tabs on people who coe in our Restaurant. However if you report this to the Fiji Police, maybe they will be able to help you out here. I hope you find your friend. The Fiji Police department - 334 3777, fijipolicemedia@yahoo.com
http://www.police.gov.fj
safe_image.php?d=AQDTsPWUham6BLeR&w=90&h
Welcome to the Fiji Police Force website, a place where visitors can find information about our services as well…
POLICE.GOV.FJ
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush You got a response, Elleda Rhiannon Wilson!! Omg
 
LikeShow more reactions
 · 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Yup. I did some maneuvering and found a Fiji McDonald's FB page that had a "message" option.
 
 · 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Fiji Police would be very unlikely to help unless a missing persons report.
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish somebody must do harbor checks on request for vessels reported overdue.
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson But he wasn't actually expected anywhere, was he?
 
 · 19 hrs
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish two months now since he last reported in....-- sure hope he turnsup
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Okay, maybe we need to pursue a missing persons report. It would be a start, anway.
 
 · 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Maybe if we can get land authorities involved, the rest will follow.
 
 · 22 hrs
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush I tried calling twice and first time didn't go through. Second time I think I got through but got disconnected. This also happened first time I called. Grrrr.
 
 · 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I'll email them tomorrow with the whole saga, see if I can get them interested. It's at least worth a shot.
 
 
 · 19 hrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new kid on the block.
Posted on Rimas fuckbook page:
 

Rimas has been a huge inspiration to me. He had invited me to come with him when he left Hawaii, but I wasn't able to make it before I settled some things, and he left without me.

I have decided to follow him, in a way. Who knows? Maybe I'll find him somewhere out there, safe and sound and laughing over all the fuss. I'm currently looking for a "semi-seaworthy" boat to take off into the ocean. No, I'm not asking for donations, but in the "Rimas" style, it will be a budget boat for sure. I'm currently working two jobs, and saving what I can, but it's not going to get me a $100,000 yacht in my lifetime.

Today I took a look at one, and posted some video. If anyone is interested:

Here is the video (hold your breath - it is not pleasant....)
Who makes the new thread? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ModernViking said:

There is a new kid on the block.
Posted on Rimas fuckbook page:
 

Rimas has been a huge inspiration to me. He had invited me to come with him when he left Hawaii, but I wasn't able to make it before I settled some things, and he left without me.

I have decided to follow him, in a way. Who knows? Maybe I'll find him somewhere out there, safe and sound and laughing over all the fuss. I'm currently looking for a "semi-seaworthy" boat to take off into the ocean. No, I'm not asking for donations, but in the "Rimas" style, it will be a budget boat for sure. I'm currently working two jobs, and saving what I can, but it's not going to get me a $100,000 yacht in my lifetime.

Today I took a look at one, and posted some video. If anyone is interested:

Here is the video (hold your breath - it is not pleasant....)
Who makes the new thread? :ph34r:

I'd follow along. The interesting thing is that is a total shit show of a boat and wouldn't be worth it for free. I guess as boat people we are more experienced in finding such things. I can think of at least two boat that are for free near me in much better shape.  GFs dad has been looking to give his Mystic Cutter 30 away to a good home for awhile now. Think he may have finally gave up and decided to start the minor repairs it needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cape_taco12 said:

I'd follow along. The interesting thing is that is a total shit show of a boat and wouldn't be worth it for free. I guess as boat people we are more experienced in finding such things. I can think of at least two boat that are for free near me in much better shape.  GFs dad has been looking to give his Mystic Cutter 30 away to a good home for awhile now. Think he may have finally gave up and decided to start the minor repairs it needs.

11' beam in a 10' slip....has potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Looks like you, Dex! Have a good trip

I wondered if he was the Canadian odd job guy looking for a cheap liveaboard boat in PNW to take to Baja (I think) back a few months ago. He does have a Ricky thing going though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

I wondered if he was the Canadian odd job guy looking for a cheap liveaboard boat in PNW to take to Baja (I think) back a few months ago. He does have a Ricky thing going though.

Ricky?  ...or Dex

images.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 10:46 PM, bfloyd4445 said:

This reply gave me a good laugh, 

Laurie Carson Mcafee Dena Mattox Rush Did you contact all the cruise ship lines? Norwegian, Carnival, Royal caribbean? They might be the perfect people to be on the watch through the shipping lanes.

 

Me, too.

So, I'm standing on the aft deck of this Big Norwegian Cruise Liner (was part of an industrial install team -- we installed while the boat was under way), watching the sunset as we pull out of some Central American country, and this wee fishing boat goes bobbing along the side and is swept aft, and the poor guy is holding on for dear life.  Cruise boat had to nearly run him down.  He wasn't showing any lights, so no wonder they couldn't see him. . .

Yeah, they'll keep their eyes open for Mimsy. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Cape_taco12 said:

I'd follow along. The interesting thing is that is a total shit show of a boat and wouldn't be worth it for free. I guess as boat people we are more experienced in finding such things. I can think of at least two boat that are for free near me in much better shape.  GFs dad has been looking to give his Mystic Cutter 30 away to a good home for awhile now. Think he may have finally gave up and decided to start the minor repairs it needs.

 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, ModernViking said:

There is a new kid on the block.
Posted on Rimas fuckbook page:
 

Rimas has been a huge inspiration to me. He had invited me to come with him when he left Hawaii, but I wasn't able to make it before I settled some things, and he left without me.

I have decided to follow him, in a way. Who knows? Maybe I'll find him somewhere out there, safe and sound and laughing over all the fuss. I'm currently looking for a "semi-seaworthy" boat to take off into the ocean. No, I'm not asking for donations, but in the "Rimas" style, it will be a budget boat for sure. I'm currently working two jobs, and saving what I can, but it's not going to get me a $100,000 yacht in my lifetime.

Today I took a look at one, and posted some video. If anyone is interested:

Here is the video (hold your breath - it is not pleasant....)
Who makes the new thread? :ph34r:

 

What's wrong with people?! Why not get something like this? I'm sure Rimas could have made his trip in this...

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990/Beneteau-First-285-3114473/VA/United-States#.WdKb0k3fOPw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

 

 

What's wrong with people?! Why not get something like this? I'm sure Rimas could have made his trip in this...

 

        the sailing vessel Mimsey...played no part in this tragic norwegian blue -  shcrodingeresque drama ....  a beneteau would look exactly the same smashed on a fijian reef....     the boat's only role in this drama was to serve as an idahoan potato delivery system to the fish in fiji...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

 

 

What's wrong with people?! Why not get something like this? I'm sure Rimas could have made his trip in this...

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990/Beneteau-First-285-3114473/VA/United-States#.WdKb0k3fOPw

Sure. All he would have needed is someone to buy it for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites