• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

18 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

I have nightmares of bfloyd discovering the period between swells...

7c363d556227c63642361b5e8d1bdea8.jpg

Oh you mean that stringy thing that gets caught tween yur teeth?

6 hours ago, Parma said:

e other option is that you are all subjects of a pyschological experiment

u mean we is all maybe psycho cept Remas?.............makes sense in an Anarchy sorta way..... normal is to con tiki  style round the world ........hummm......naw, me thinks it better to stay psycho  drink grog 

On 9/21/2017 at 9:43 AM, bfloyd4445 said:

Those workers look for the most part like Harijans in Ghandis time or Dalits now, not Polynesians....

Fiji has a very significant population of Indian (as in from India, land of Ghandi & curry) descent. A number of Indians were brought in as workers generations back.

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Fiji has a very significant population of Indian (as in from India, land of Ghandi & curry) descent. A number of Indians were brought in as workers generations back.

workers???.....Work in a tropical paradise like Fiji? Naw,  no way Remas would have ever plotted a course for Fiji if he knew there was work there.

I like Gandhi, and curry but not together.......must be a Fijian recipe?.....

Gandhi is one of only a very few politicians I have much respect for, he was a great man.

1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

workers???.....Work in a tropical paradise like Fiji? Naw,  no way Remas would have ever plotted a course for Fiji if he knew there was work there.

I like Gandhi, and curry but not together.......must be a Fijian recipe?.....

Gandhi is one of only a very few politicians I have much respect for, he was a great man.

There was a very similar program for indentured "East Indian" (as they were called in Trinidad) workers in both Trinidad and Fiji. Specifics vary, but in some cases, the deal involved a plot of land at the end. But both countries ended up with large Indian populations. The Indians in Fiji tend to be on the two large islands though, since the archipelagos and villages tend to be owned by the native Fijian population. There is also a substantial Muslim population in Fiji.

Diwali is a big holiday in both countries, though Fiji seems to take pretty much everyone's holidays off (Christmas, Easter, Diwali, Mohammed's birthday, etc.), and friends across faiths seem to enjoy swapping celebrations as everyone seems to do something on those days.

The Malaita Gastrinomical Society Womens Auxillary want to know........

Whassup.........?

illo039b.jpg.03826fdacdbf80f7e61688857d967a40.jpg

27 minutes ago, madohe said:

Whassup.........?

Not Rimas.

45 minutes ago, madohe said:

Whassup.........?

Kind of like the one on the far right, but an ichy crouch is not a good sign. Mainsheet mahi mahi stinky.

So where is Rimas?  Starbucks or totally fucked? 

Sucks dieing doing what y'all love.

Here is to you ream-man

smileys-passing-joint.gif.548db3467fdfd9ecc13eeb69e93157f2.gif

Peace!

20 hours ago, HypnoToad said:

....welcome to the matrix. 

close...but no cigar.

you're in a holodeck.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Varan said:

Kind of like the one on the far right, but an ichy crouch is not a good sign. Mainsheet mahi mahi stinky.

So where is Rimas?  Starbucks or totally fucked? 

Sucks dieing doing what y'all love.

Here is to you ream-man

smileys-passing-joint.gif.548db3467fdfd9ecc13eeb69e93157f2.gif

Peace!

yep, but if you gotta go what better way to go than doing what you love. Had a co worker retired early at 50 cause he felt he was gonna die and wanted to spend time with his son. Three years later he died in Santa Cruz playing Frisbee golf with his son. 

If Remas splatted on the reef we should not morn him, but us, cause he went out with style doing what he loved and most of us will just die unknown to any but a few realitives and friends. 

Here's to you Captain Remas!

9 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Any Facebook dreaming happening?

Warm gushy sentiments about freedom, the pursuit of dreams, courage, skills etc etc?

A "missing person advocate" from Oregon named Dena has apparently emailed an "immense" amount of info to Fiji authorities and was planning to follow up with a phone call today.

Not sure but I think I can spot a glint of cray-cray in her eyes.

18 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

A "missing person advocate" from Oregon named Dena has apparently emailed an "immense" amount of info to Fiji authorities and was planning to follow up with a phone call today.

What is cray-cray? Is that like chicken juice?

22 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Ironic that one woo woo supporter, like so many of them, thinks she can understand his situation when they all have demonstrably shown no understanding of his situation.

It's all very cray-cray.

Some more laughable stuff on Dena Mattox Rush facebook page, for those who don't fuckbook.
Sorry for the long post, but not much is going on here anyway.

Please note that Fijians are way too polite to tell these idiots to fuck off, so they they just don't reply emails and hang up on the phone...

Here we go, enjoy and don't spill your beer !

22046099_10209597104626938_5723123616386
1f1eb_1f1ef.png26f5.png
Emailed immense amt info, but still no response from Fiji Maritime Auth. 

Comments
Nancy Pittard
Nancy Pittard Please include me in updates.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Nancy Pittard oh that's right ! I forgot you are his friend too! Yes I sure will. 

Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish Have you established any more contacts on FB in Fiji?

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush I need someone to call the yacht clubs for me, Jim. Could you and David S Wheatley possibly do this ? I don't know ANYTHING about the boating world and this would hinder my ability on this immeasurably. I have the info for you or anyone who understands it to call...

Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish Do the clubs have websites, facebook pages etc? if so hook me up and I will try to get some dialog going with someone over there

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Jim Furnish no they only have phone numbers.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Jim Furnish but I have the phone numbers for them.

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson No reply from the Fiji Sun, either, and the email hasn't bounced.

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Tried these guys? https://www.facebook.com/VFRfiji/
Community Organization
Volunteer First Responder - Fiji's photo.
Volunteer First Responder - Fiji
1,501 Likes
16 talking about this

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Just wrote to the Fiji Times.

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Also wrote to McDonald's Fiji corporate office. Can't find Dena's post on the Lautoka McDonald's FB page, so I'm wondering if perhaps they don't allow comments except to their own posts. Anyway, it was worth a shot.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Wonder if they removed it then ... darn it

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I think you just tagged them in your post. The page doesn't have an option to post for outsiders, so it didn't wind up on their page as far as I can tell. No message option there, either. So that's when I decided to write to corporate. Dunno if they will care, tho. It's another wait and see.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson oh weird. Because I actually went to their page as if I was eating there. Shoot. Let me think ...

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Hey, maybe it's there. I just couldn't find it. Probably need my eyes examined.

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Just looked at the page again, and your notice isn't there. I really think they just aren't allowing anyone outside to post on their page.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush My post is still there, Elleda Rhiannon Wilson....contacting McDonalds corporate was a good idea ..I'm thinking. Really need to think outside the box on this one...

https://www.facebook.com/denadeniserush/posts/10209552386629016
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting
Image may contain: sky, boat, ocean, outdoor and water
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, ocean, outdoor and water
Dena Mattox Rush added 3 new photos — with Jim Furnish and David S Wheatley at McDonald's Fiji (Lautoka, Fiji).

DEAR FIJI & FIJI MCDONALDS, WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. 

Rimas Meleshyus has been missing in his boat the Mimsy since mid July. He is Russian by birth & has...

Manage
Loyal Phillips-Kuhn
Loyal Phillips-Kuhn Good Luck and Following Seas !!!

Manage
Laurie Carson Mcafee
Laurie Carson Mcafee Dena Mattox Rush Did you contact all the cruise ship lines? Norwegian, Carnival, Royal caribbean? They might be the perfect people to be on the watch through the shipping lanes.

Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush That's a good idea

Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Will see about this.

· 22 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Answer from McDonald's in Fiji Jim Furnish:

· 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Bula Elleda, please note that this a company page and we do not have tabs on people who coe in our Restaurant. However if you report this to the Fiji Police, maybe they will be able to help you out here. I hope you find your friend. The Fiji Police department - 334 3777, fijipolicemedia@yahoo.com
http://www.police.gov.fj
safe_image.php?d=AQDTsPWUham6BLeR&w=90&h
Welcome to the Fiji Police Force website, a place where visitors can find information about our services as well…
POLICE.GOV.FJ

· 23 hrs
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush You got a response, Elleda Rhiannon Wilson!! Omg

LikeShow more reactions
 · 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Yup. I did some maneuvering and found a Fiji McDonald's FB page that had a "message" option.

· 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Fiji Police would be very unlikely to help unless a missing persons report.

· 23 hrs
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish somebody must do harbor checks on request for vessels reported overdue.

· 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson But he wasn't actually expected anywhere, was he?

· 19 hrs
Manage
Jim Furnish
Jim Furnish two months now since he last reported in....-- sure hope he turnsup

· 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Okay, maybe we need to pursue a missing persons report. It would be a start, anway.

· 23 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Maybe if we can get land authorities involved, the rest will follow.

· 22 hrs
Manage
Dena Mattox Rush
Dena Mattox Rush I tried calling twice and first time didn't go through. Second time I think I got through but got disconnected. This also happened first time I called. Grrrr.

· 20 hrs
Manage
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson
Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I'll email them tomorrow with the whole saga, see if I can get them interested. It's at least worth a shot.

· 19 hrs

2 minutes ago, 6924 said:

quality always find each other 

If you multiplied their IQ's I doubt the result would be over 1000.

21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

If you multiplied their IQ's I doubt the result would be over 1000.

don't you mean 100....or maybe 50

There is a new kid on the block.
Posted on Rimas fuckbook page:

Rimas has been a huge inspiration to me. He had invited me to come with him when he left Hawaii, but I wasn't able to make it before I settled some things, and he left without me.

I have decided to follow him, in a way. Who knows? Maybe I'll find him somewhere out there, safe and sound and laughing over all the fuss. I'm currently looking for a "semi-seaworthy" boat to take off into the ocean. No, I'm not asking for donations, but in the "Rimas" style, it will be a budget boat for sure. I'm currently working two jobs, and saving what I can, but it's not going to get me a $100,000 yacht in my lifetime.

Today I took a look at one, and posted some video. If anyone is interested:

Here is the video (hold your breath - it is not pleasant....)
Who makes the new thread? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Of course it was in jest..!

??

What have you been ingesting, again?

That reminds me, it's beer-thirty at the Old Steam Place.

FB- Doug

7 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Rimas has been a huge inspiration to me. He had invited me to come with him when he left Hawaii, but I wasn't able to make it before I settled some things, and he left without me.

I have decided to follow him, in a way. Who knows? Maybe I'll find him somewhere out there, safe and sound and laughing over all the fuss. I'm currently looking for a "semi-seaworthy" boat to take off into the ocean. No, I'm not asking for donations, but in the "Rimas" style, it will be a budget boat for sure. I'm currently working two jobs, and saving what I can, but it's not going to get me a $100,000 yacht in my lifetime.

I'd follow along. The interesting thing is that is a total shit show of a boat and wouldn't be worth it for free. I guess as boat people we are more experienced in finding such things. I can think of at least two boat that are for free near me in much better shape.  GFs dad has been looking to give his Mystic Cutter 30 away to a good home for awhile now. Think he may have finally gave up and decided to start the minor repairs it needs.

4 minutes ago, Cape_taco12 said:

I'd follow along. The interesting thing is that is a total shit show of a boat and wouldn't be worth it for free. I guess as boat people we are more experienced in finding such things. I can think of at least two boat that are for free near me in much better shape.  GFs dad has been looking to give his Mystic Cutter 30 away to a good home for awhile now. Think he may have finally gave up and decided to start the minor repairs it needs.

11' beam in a 10' slip....has potential

8 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Looks like you, Dex! Have a good trip

I wondered if he was the Canadian odd job guy looking for a cheap liveaboard boat in PNW to take to Baja (I think) back a few months ago. He does have a Ricky thing going though.

3 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

I wondered if he was the Canadian odd job guy looking for a cheap liveaboard boat in PNW to take to Baja (I think) back a few months ago. He does have a Ricky thing going though.

Ricky?  ...or Dex

images.jpg

On 9/29/2017 at 10:46 PM, bfloyd4445 said:

This reply gave me a good laugh, 

Laurie Carson Mcafee Dena Mattox Rush Did you contact all the cruise ship lines? Norwegian, Carnival, Royal caribbean? They might be the perfect people to be on the watch through the shipping lanes.

Me, too.

So, I'm standing on the aft deck of this Big Norwegian Cruise Liner (was part of an industrial install team -- we installed while the boat was under way), watching the sunset as we pull out of some Central American country, and this wee fishing boat goes bobbing along the side and is swept aft, and the poor guy is holding on for dear life.  Cruise boat had to nearly run him down.  He wasn't showing any lights, so no wonder they couldn't see him. . .

Yeah, they'll keep their eyes open for Mimsy. . .

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Cape_taco12 said:

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, ModernViking said:

What's wrong with people?! Why not get something like this? I'm sure Rimas could have made his trip in this...

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990/Beneteau-First-285-3114473/VA/United-States#.WdKb0k3fOPw

34 minutes ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

What's wrong with people?! Why not get something like this? I'm sure Rimas could have made his trip in this...

the sailing vessel Mimsey...played no part in this tragic norwegian blue -  shcrodingeresque drama ....  a beneteau would look exactly the same smashed on a fijian reef....     the boat's only role in this drama was to serve as an idahoan potato delivery system to the fish in fiji...

2 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

Sure. All he would have needed is someone to buy it for him.

+1

If the money were to come from Rimas' own pocket, he would have been $19,998 short on the Beneteau.

5 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Me, too.

So, I'm standing on the aft deck of this Big Norwegian Cruise Liner (was part of an industrial install team -- we installed while the boat was under way), watching the sunset as we pull out of some Central American country, and this wee fishing boat goes bobbing along the side and is swept aft, and the poor guy is holding on for dear life.  Cruise boat had to nearly run him down.  He wasn't showing any lights, so no wonder they couldn't see him. . .

Yeah, they'll keep their eyes open for Mimsy. . .

chuckle....of course they will

5 hours ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990/Beneteau-First-285-3114473/VA/United-States#.WdKb0k3fOPw

sure could if it came with a blank check to pay for making it seaworthy. Remember Remas does no work just eats cherries instant potatoes and drinks starbucks coffee. He has never lifted a finger to do any maintenance of any kind that we know of. The only effort on his part I have ever seen is him lifting a large starbucks or holding up his ss check with a big smile on his face

1 hour ago, 12 metre said:

+1

If the money were to come from Rimas' own pocket, he would have been $19,998 short on the Beneteau.

only thing in Remas's pockets are his hands.

4 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

only thing in Remas's pockets are his hands.

so you say he liked to play with his nipples secretly ?

1 minute ago, bigrpowr said:

so you say he liked to play with his nipples secretly ?

He never wore shirts with pockets so if his nipples sagged enough maybe he could have played with them if his pockets had no bottoms. Don't you think every normal male has felt or arranged himself via pockets at some time ion his life...but not his nipples. No bottoms..humm....

15 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

sure could if it came with a blank check to pay for making it seaworthy. Remember Remas does no work just eats cherries instant potatoes and drinks starbucks coffee. He has never lifted a finger to do any maintenance of any kind that we know of.

I think he did a couple caulking jobs on the boat.  On second thought it was probably spilled taters in the photos.

35 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

He has never lifted a finger to do any maintenance of any kind that we know of. The only effort on his part I have ever seen is him lifting a large starbucks or holding up his ss check with a big smile on his face

Than who putte up the laddere in Hillo?

26 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I think he did a couple caulking jobs on the boat.  On second thought it was probably spilled taters in the photos.

I remember that. But did anyone actually see him do it or was it the enablers contribution?

40 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

He never wore shirts with pockets so if his nipples sagged enough maybe he could have played with them if his pockets had no bottoms. Don't you think every normal male has felt or arranged himself via pockets at some time ion his life...but not his nipples. No bottoms..humm....

you've obviously never seen rimas dressed up.

10 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Than who putte up the laddere in Hillo?

I don't know, maybe one of his fb lovers. There were several that were willing to pitch in and help who soon saw the light and disappeared. Hey, even I was willing to help the old guy out in the beginning until I saw he did nothing and expected others to serve him like he was a God. I thought about that for a long time until I understood he likely suffered from a mental condition that prohibited his participation. What happens is you know what you need to do but when you make a motion to do it you forget what it was you were going to do. I'm sure someone reading this thread with a  background psychiatric  could explain the condition better than I?

2 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

you've obviously never seen rimas dressed up.

I have to, saw a pix of him wearing an anchor shirt and a captain cap. That sure aint undressed

1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I don't know, maybe one of his fb lovers. There were several that were willing to pitch in and help who soon saw the light and disappeared. Hey, even I was willing to help the old guy out in the beginning until I saw he did nothing and expected others to serve him like he was a God. I thought about that for a long time until I understood he likely suffered from a mental condition that prohibited his participation. What happens is you know what you need to do but when you make a motion to do it you forget what it was you were going to do. I'm sure someone reading this thread with a  background psychiatric  could explain the condition better than I?

Thackes, I hade no ideae Rimase wase so sicke,

17 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Sure. The official name for Rimas medical condition is "Lazy-ass Self-Important Jerk" Syndrome. Or as it is named in Latin, Azy-lay Sassay.... oh wait that's pig latin, sorry.

Does one go to hell for speaking ill of the dead? I hope not

-DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sure. The official name for Rimas medical condition is "Lazy-ass Self-Important Jerk" Syndrome. Or as it is named in Latin, Azy-lay Sassay.... oh wait that's pig latin, sorry.

Does one go to hell for speaking ill of the dead? I hope not

-DSK

I knew there would be a Ph.D. reading this thread that would know the scientific name for this condition. Thank you Dr.  Is this condition similar to the, I don't give a shit syndrome?

No, you can't go to hell because we are already in hell. Besides you haven't said anything ill of the dead you were simply trying to help us understand this common affliction so many people succumb to at all ages in  light hearted layman's terms. No one ever went to hell for making people laugh

18 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I knew there would be a Ph.D. reading this thread that would know the scientific name for this condition. Thank you Dr.  Is this condition similar to the, I don't give a shit syndrome?

No, you can't go to hell because we are already in hell. Besides you haven't said anything ill of the dead you were simply trying to help us understand this common affliction so many people succumb to at all ages in  light hearted layman's terms. No one ever went to hell for making people laugh

Hey doc, which came first, the chicken or the tater?

(... It's an easy one...  Taters don't cum)

12 hours ago, 12 metre said:

+1

Yea but thats yachtworld price, so in reality you can take at least 40% off. 

On 9/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, Dex Sawash said:

Guy's miles ahead of Rimas. He correctly identified lots of boat parts. He may be in on the joke.

...and he can operate a motor vehicle.   Imagine Rimas behind the wheel of a car.  Start on a hilltop, find neutral, and release brake.