• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

6 hours ago, madohe said:

And now for a poetic interlude......

The boy stood on the burning deck,
        His feet were full of blisters;
    The flames licked up and burned his pants,
        And now he wears his sister's.

2016-03-16_2345_LLrimasSaus.jpg

This thread is ridiculous. I hate it. It has little, to nothing to do with sailing, at least sailing as I recognize it. I wish this thread was gone but I'm hooked and keep coming back for posts like this!

Rimas next leg into the Devils Triangle, with the recent shark attacks, seems suicidal. What with the murderous fisherman, commercial great circle traffic, US destroyers, NK missile threats and instant Idahoan Force 11 storms, it will be his most difficult drift yet.

Curious how King Ineptune feels about copycat drifters like the Jen and Navigatrix...

9 hours ago, madohe said:

And now for a poetic interlude......

The boy stood on the burning deck,
        His feet were full of blisters;
    The flames licked up and burned his pants,
        And now he wears his sister's.

2016-03-16_2345_LLrimasSaus.jpg

Hey bottle in front of me, you forgot..

I'd rather have new sailing glove on me

Than a prefrontal lobotomy.

:blink:

3 hours ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

This thread is ridiculous. I hate it. It has little, to nothing to do with sailing, at least sailing as I recognize it. I wish this thread was gone but I'm hooked and keep coming back for posts like this!

You are correct sir, it is reidiculous.

The epic threads have very little to do with sailing or reality for the most part, Reid and voidHo, Hot Rod( whatever happened to lil' Murray), Rimas, ad infinitum.....

:wacko:

7 minutes ago, madohe said:

The epic threads have very little to do with sailing or reality for the most part, Reid and voidHo, Hot Rod( whatever happened to lil' Murray), Rimas, ad infinitum  nauseam .....

FIFY

15 hours ago, Varan said:

Hey bottle in front of me, you forgot..

I'd rather have new sailing glove on me

Than a prefrontal lobotomy.

:blink:

I just noticed the new blue sailing gloves. So funny. Why are those needed for cruising? And more over when the boat is moored up!

57 minutes ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

I just noticed the new blue sailing gloves. So funny. Why are those needed for cruising? And more over when the boat is moored up!

The gloves are part of his costume. Think cosplay. Or cosgrift. 

On 11/17/2017 at 5:02 PM, madohe said:

The epic threads have very little to do with sailing or reality for the most part, Reid and voidHo, Hot Rod( whatever happened to lil' Murray), Rimas, ad infinitum.....

Lil'Murray hsd better things to do than troll these boards. He even said so in one of his posts back in the pre launch Flyi'n Hawaiian days.

50 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Lil'Murray hsd better things to do than troll these boards. He even said so in one of his posts back in the pre launch Flyi'n Hawaiian days.

I think Lillmurray was a figment of someone's (Woody's?) imagination, although it sounded much more coherent than DW. Maybe LB. Maybe I have it wrong and DW is hanging outside my bedroom window with a flamethrower. 

12 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I thought the "better things to do" was just code for my sentence begins soon.

front page!!   ......''no posts in the SAWASJ  thread for 3 days!!''   :o

oops.  :huh:

I wonder if the local authorities have made Rimas feel "uncomfortable" in town and he has left looking for somewhere out of sight in Saipan...perhaps complaints from locals and tourists ....

Maybe Rimas's cell phone fell out of his pocket and into the water as he tried to climb back into the cockpit after a day panhandling  in town

Fall.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, RKoch said:

The gloves are part of his costume. Think cosplay. Or cosgrift. 

more likely chicken play

31 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

....this thread is deader than when Rimas was ..........dead.  :mellow:

Ist that a badde thinge?  Ime am thicking 'no'                                :)

It wouldn’t be out of character for him to sneak out of town to avoid fees. Maybe he got a plane ride to his next free boat. 

15 hours ago, Mark Set (BIMBO Local 713) said:

So when is the SA podcast with Rimas? We should start a GoFundMe for a plane ticket to Saipan for Mr. Clean

I support this effort. Have we seen Bimbo's tits yet?

We may want to wait until his current situation is resolved...

From a Jim Furnish post asking about him a few days ago:

Jean Mondeau He's good.

· Reply ·
· 11 hrs
Remove
Anna Butler
Anna Butler Thank you Jean!

· Reply · 11 hrs
Remove
Dan Ohms
Dan Ohms Can you ask him to post an update? I’m pm’d him several times but no response.

· Reply · 9 hrs
Remove
Jean Mondeau
Jean Mondeau He's dealing with a few issues.

· Reply ·
· 7 hrs

Having CLEAN interview Jean could also be good fun.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, SailBlueH2O said:

Maybe Rimas's cell phone fell out of his pocket and into the water as he tried to climb back into the cockpit after a day panhandling  in town

Fall.jpg

Just loving the jib storage solution. My 5 year old does a better job packing up his optimist. His all important MAGA flag is looking a bit worn as well. Maybe time to tap up Trump for a new one.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

Is this where our hero is grinding Mimsy's keel against the bulkhead??

image.png.79eaa81eda17b22bb812fad8d3901591.png

Wow....nice work...can you zoom out so we can see how far he is from prime panhandle turf ....I can't see them but I sense mosquitoes and no seeums ...that and likely illegal tie up location...

5 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

The zoomed out view apparently is over the forum upload limit. Here is link to google map location.

https://www.google.com/maps/@15.2193004,145.7246156,1911m/data=!3m1!1e3

thanks I found it....trapped between private residential and industrial it seems....too bad he does have the ground tackle to anchor in the beautiful lagoon...I'd bet dollars to instant mash potato ....he has been getting harassed by authorities to move or arrested and boat seized as marine litter....

Just now, SailBlueH2O said:

thanks I found it....trapped between private residential and industrial it seems....too bad he does have the ground tackle to anchor in the beautiful lagoon...I'd bet dollars to instant mash potato ....he has been getting harassed by authorities to move or arrested and boat seized as marine litter....

I would guess that is one of the issues Jean indicated Rimas is "dealing" with. Agree the lagoon would be much nicer, but check account street level view. Not too bad!

https://www.google.com/maps/@15.2182246,145.7242073,2a,60y,285.34h,74.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sg7PVVdzz-rsTO8eXsviDsA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

On 12/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, Mark Set (BIMBO Local 713) said:

So when is the SA podcast with Rimas? We should start a GoFundMe for a plane ticket to Saipan for Mr. Clean

...a One way ticket?   ....not a bad idea!     ...two birds , one stone.   :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Son of a Sailor said:

I would guess that is one of the issues Jean indicated Rimas is "dealing" with. Agree the lagoon would be much nicer, but check account street level view. Not too bad!

https://www.google.com/maps/@15.2182246,145.7242073,2a,60y,285.34h,74.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sg7PVVdzz-rsTO8eXsviDsA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Scary flat! Not even a hill in a thousand miles I'll bet.

5 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Scary flat! Not even a hill in a thousand miles I'll bet.

I had to look it up ,but recall from WWII footage..1,560' elevation Mt something somewhere on the 13 x 4 miles island...I had a boyhood friend that lived on Saipan 1950's

I think Rimas scored a prime location when he got towed in. I think Social Security is right across the road and a market is nearby, but the main town with the big tourist hotels and shopping malls is a short walk away. I figured he was hitting up all the Japanese mamas on weekend trips. He should spend his saved loot on a dinghy and anchor and get a tow to the lagoon. I am sure he will either abandon the boat and fly back to Jean, or drift off at midnight to avoid the moorage bill.

There are a couple cliffs on the north end of the island that the Japanese civilians jumped off rather than be captured by the Americans. I think a thousand or more jumped.

47 minutes ago, Volkeno said:

I think Rimas scored a prime location when he got towed in. I think Social Security is right across the road and a market is nearby, but the main town with the big tourist hotels and shopping malls is a short walk away. I figured he was hitting up all the Japanese mamas on weekend trips. He should spend his saved loot on a dinghy and anchor and get a tow to the lagoon. I am sure he will either abandon the boat and fly back to Jean, or drift off at midnight to avoid the moorage bill.

There are a couple cliffs on the north end of the island that the Japanese civilians jumped off rather than be captured by the Americans. I think a thousand or more jumped.

Is Mimsy even there anymore I wonder?  Remas is likely sitting in a starbucks or detainment awaiting Jean to bail him out. Wonder what appened to the ladder? Oh well I guess without sails he has no need of a ladder. 

Yeah I guess Saipan isn't as flat as google made it look

On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, Son of a Sailor said:

Looks nice! No friggin way they are gonna let Mimsy stay there. I wonder where it is now.