buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, M26 said:

  where is he now? 

sitting in a starbucks with his thousand yard stare waiting for someone to bring him a coffee etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, M26 said:

  where is he now? 

Last I heard a few weeks ago, he was still in Vietnam with an expired passport and no money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Great White said:

Last I heard a few weeks ago, he was still in Vietnam with an expired passport and no money.

expired passport? He acted like he was a US citizen and our passports are good for ten years or more before renewal. SSI is only available to citizens or people in special programs like the one for political refugees in the USA. Wonder what the facts really are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

expired passport? He acted like he was a US citizen and our passports are good for ten years or more before renewal. SSI is only available to citizens or people in special programs like the one for political refugees in the USA. Wonder what the facts really are?

No one knows the facts until he pops up again. Last I heard he was being deported to Hawaii, but that was from Rimas, who has a tenuous grip on reality. He may still be in Vietnam, or he may be living behind a dumpster in Honolulu, when all his friends are in Hilo, or he may be living in a dumpster in LA. But he could be sailing the Ocean Sea from a cardboard box under a bridge in LA and happy as a blind clam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Volkeno said:

No one knows the facts until he pops up again. Last I heard he was being deported to Hawaii, but that was from Rimas, who has a tenuous grip on reality. He may still be in Vietnam, or he may be living behind a dumpster in Honolulu, when all his friends are in Hilo, or he may be living in a dumpster in LA. But he could be sailing the Ocean Sea from a cardboard box under a bridge in LA and happy as a blind clam. 

chuckle....there is a lot to be said for a minimalist life style, but not the kind advertised on the net. Minimalism as was taught me by street people is the art of living on as little as possible without money car property finding refuge were ever possible eating in soup kitchens or from hand outs seeking to have as little as possible. Nonsensical to me, but there appears to be a growing number of  homeless with this mind set. I was exposed to this when i rented a room to a guy, on a bike with a cat, the ex director of the Long Island chapter of habitat for humanities who one day left everything and took off with his cat ending up on the west coast.  He made enough to pay for his life style by building things out of pallets and other dumpster discards. A very talented man. He was around for three months then off into the wild blue with his cat leaving everything paid up and spotlessly clean.

 Maybe Rimas is one of them? If so he has no need of anything but a tin cup, or his captains cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great White said:

This is all I know.

Screenshot_2018-04-20-19-51-24.png

It's past time for Rimas. Toss your bouquets on the water and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are overseas when you passport expires you can get replacement at the nearest US Embassy.  I got my current passport from the US Embassy in Bangkok a few months ago, it took 2 weeks from the time I applied to get it.

If he needs to get out of the country quicker than that, the embassy can issue him emergency travel documents almost immediately.

When you are deported from a country like Vietnam, you are usually tossed into the local IDC (Immigration Detention Center) until you can buy a ticket home.  You are then escorted to the airport and put on the plane.  Vietnam will not pay for your ticket home and the US Embassy will usually not either - at least not right away.  There are people from some African countries in the Bangkok IDC that have been there for years because no-one will pay for their ticket home.

So, 'stuck in Vietnam with an expired passport' could mean:

1. Waiting for a new passport to be issued.

or

2. Sitting in ICD until someone buys him a ticket home.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I heard he was a doorman at a vietnamese dwarf brothel. Dont know whether that meant the hookers were dwarfish or only dwarf clients were allowed. All I know is dwarf spelled backwards is frawd.

address?

asking for a friend

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard in Asia, and other shithole regions, they only keep one in IDC for a max of 90 days during which one is fed like a king. At the 91st day mark you are transferred to the Soylent Corporation ... the end of the line. Product is sold to street vendors. And resold to the public.

image.png.5c0b640f5cb30956c2cbbd8a3d2f6115.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the cockroach is detained in the Hanoi Hilton until he coughs up airfare? And none of the enablers or Facebook fanclub will chip in? Don't they realize he's a famous world-record setting Kon-Tiki grifter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RKoch said:

So, the cockroach is detained in the Hanoi Hilton until he coughs up airfare? And none of the enablers or Facebook fanclub will chip in? Don't they realize he's a famous world-record setting Kon-Tiki grifter?

It lookes licke hese the doormane to teh Jenn Appelle Hangang Pusseypoloozza, ist a honneste bucke.                             :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Jim Furnish "it's the Rimas way"

Can anyone come up with a better way to summarize 246 pages devoted to our hero.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 9:50 AM, some dude said:
On 4/21/2018 at 1:16 AM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

I heard he was a doorman at a vietnamese dwarf brothel. Dont know whether that meant the hookers were dwarfish or only dwarf clients were allowed. All I know is dwarf spelled backwards is frawd.

address?

asking for a friend

:lol:    :lol:

Is "your friend" a dwarf?

:huh:

FB- Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 9:43 AM, NickDG said:

jkkjhkkjh.jpg.fb584dc47a080aea447d0396cc6c6a96.jpg

Bravo, sir. A true masterpiece. A more than fitting contribution given the massive amount of collective Ignorance we alL share regarding this mans current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Snaggletooth said:

It lookes licke hese theitdoormane to teh Jenn Appelle Hangang Pusseypoloozza, ist a honneste bucke.                             :)

Omg tears roll down my face my friend. No one takes a baton like you and runs with It. Pussypaloozza Indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 1:00 AM, Somebody Else said:

Must have been a different incident.

The wreck of the Aegean during the night of the 65th Ensenada race was in 2012. No survivors and no real evidence of what transpired on board. But given the circumstances, it seems highly likely that something like the following transpired:

  1. The tracker shows that up to [an exact time] their track looked erratic, typical of very light air sailing, when suddenly the track data points became evenly spaced and lined up extending directly to Salsipuedes.
  2. Their chart plotter was most probably zoomed out to plot a straight-line course to Salsipuedes. At that level of zoom, it was assumed the small Coronado Islands didn't show up on the screen.
  3. All aboard dropped their guard while motoring on autopilot and possibly only 1 person or none was on deck when Aegean plowed at hull-speed into the North Coronado Island.

 

This is the report on the Aegean incident from the 2012 Newport to Ensenada race :

http://www.ussailing.org/wp-content/uploads/DARoot/Offshore/SAS Studies/Ensenada-Report-FINAL.pdf

The skipper and crew had done this event more than once and no doubt knew about the Coronados.  I think the theory was more something like maybe he was in the habit of setting the north Coronado island as a waypoint and being awoken/changing watch some time before reaching it to decide whether to go inside or outside of the Coronados depending on conditions.  But if their scheme was to have one man on watch and everyone else asleep below, if the one guy falls overboard taking a whiz (or for any other reason), falls asleep, has a heart attack/cardiac arrest, then the boat will just motor on right into the island.

Even plowing right into rocks at 7 knots, a collision at that speed would not likely kill the crew, I'd think?  (Unless it ripped off the keel and the boat quickly capsized and everyone drowned while trapped inside?)  And overall the conditions were not bad, light winds and all that, so I think what probably killed them was getting thrashed onto the rocks by local surf conditions after the wreck?

Unfortunately since none survived what happened can only be inferred from the DeLorme GPS track and the location of the wreckage, although that is a considerable amount of information and we're lucky they had the tracker to even know that much.

I'm pretty impressed by the amount of detail in these reports, I read the one about the Around the Islands race where the Columbia boat broke its rudder and had a fatality running up onto San Clemente island.  Do they only do these detailed investigations if there's a fatality, or do they do it for lesser "near miss" kind of events too? (Like, say, the MOB/COB event in the recent Mac race)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the report:

Quote

From the position where Aegean began motoring, the Coronado Islands were an obstruction on the shortest course to the finish. Interviews suggest that Aegean’s skipper would create a waypoint north of North Coronado Island so that he could decide on which side of the islands to pass.

I agree with the first sentence but I find the 2nd sentence unlikely. "Interviews suggest" doesn't sit well with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Varan said:

Is Rimas still MII (as in Inaction)?

Maybe they don't have phone chargers in Vietnamese prisons?

It's always safe to say he is inactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Volkeno said:

Maybe they don't have phone chargers in Vietnamese prisons?

It's always safe to say he is inactive.

The last pix I saw of him he had his arms around a bevy of pretty Vietnamese girls. Maybe they were too much for the old geezer to handle and he is now feeding the wurms 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

The last pix I saw of him he had his arms around a bevy of pretty Vietnamese girls. Maybe they were too much for the old geezer to handle and he is now feeding the wurms 

Do you realley thick sucha promminientte sailores deathe coude notte be herralded withe internationalle headelines and accoladdes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Do you realley thick sucha promminientte sailores deathe coude notte be herralded withe internationalle headelines and accoladdes?

you use the term sailor rather loosely don't ya think? Unless of course you consider Rimas a sailor and equal to most others in this forum. Some may be offended by such. I will grant him the status as being a very accomplished drifter grifter but not a sailor. ....and I kinda like the old boy from a distance anyway. I think he has found new toys like in below and abandoned old boats

 

tits.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

you use the term sailor rather loosely don't ya think? Unless of course you consider Rimas a sailor and equal to most others in this forum. Some may be offended by such. I will grant him the status as being a very accomplished drifter grifter but not a sailor. ....and I kinda like the old boy from a distance anyway.

Ille adgree to caulleng hime DG wit heyou.  Butte to manney, he wille come to them asa sailore, he wille be a sailore, despitte you efforttes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Volkeno said:

It's always safe to say he is inactive.

You guys couldn't figure out to just let the thread end with this line? That would have been awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird.  I just visited this thread for the first time in a long time to see if it was still a wankfest.  Had this playing and it was PERFECTLY in time with Snaggy's animated gif.  
Weird.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Ille adgree to caulleng hime DG wit heyou.  Butte to manney, he wille come to them asa sailore, he wille be a sailore, despitte you efforttes.

So, does this mean you think of him as a sailor? Is a passenger on a ship a sailor? Is an insect adrift at sea on a piece of flotsam a sailor.............hummmnn...kinda like Rimas. When one thinks of a sailor he envisions a person that actively participates in the operation of the vessel, not just along for a ride like a wart on a toad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

So, does this mean you think of him as a sailor? Is a passenger on a ship a sailor? Is an insect adrift at sea on a piece of flotsam a sailor.............hummmnn...kinda like Rimas. When one thinks of a sailor he envisions a person that actively participates in the operation of the vessel, not just along for a ride like a wart on a toad.

As Hobot poited oute;

On 4/28/2018 at 9:51 PM, hobot said:

Yeah, but only to those that don't know any better.

An I agreede.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

Fark, just in from a delivery and nothing has changed.

The level of acceptability has been lowered, but apart from that, same old. This is how lungfish have lasted millions of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, nothing heard of Rimas for months.

Not unusual when he's afloat, but on the beach?

No fb updates, no texts, no photos, no nuffin'.

He's either very very happy in the arms of some cute lbfmpbr, destitute or dead.

We need another hopeless, hapless wannabe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Para Handy said:

Well, nothing heard of Rimas for months.

Not unusual when he's afloat, but on the beach?

No fb updates, no texts, no photos, no nuffin'.

He's either very very happy in the arms of some cute lbfmpbr, destitute or dead.

We need another hopeless, hapless wannabe.

Meh...

This is his typical MO.  When he reaches his "landfall" there is a brief flurry of social media activity complete with photos of freshly donated sailing props or Starbucks in hand - followed by silence until someone announces he has been towed out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12 metre said:

Meh...

This is his typical MO.  When he reaches his "landfall" there is a brief flurry of social media activity complete with photos of freshly donated sailing props or Starbucks in hand - followed by silence until someone announces he has been towed out.

 

Like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRya-YMZc7pohE9sKXr3C2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRya-YMZc7pohE9sKXr3C2

B esiurre ti incluude noote sayeng :"Emottionalley, finachialley exhaustted and moralley bankruppte."

Juste forre sacke of terditione.                                   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Furnish has been busy tugging on Superman's cape for the last days or so. He clicked some new life into an old post started early April, calling for pictures of Rimas. Even Clean has checked in.

But, alas, no news about the situation of our favorite little cockroach.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRya-YMZc7pohE9sKXr3C2

Mine is going to say, “pinch HARD before disassembly.”

 

Actually, I can imagine any number of salacious paperback adventures that our intrepid Shröedinger’s Cockroach could be having in Viet Nam during radio silence.  They’re all possible, as far as you know.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, just checking in after several months.  What's the Reader's Digest update on the cockroach?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Ok, just checking in after several months.  What's the Reader's Digest update on the cockroach?  Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 9:51 PM, toddster said:

Mine is going to say, “pinch HARD before disassembly.”

 

Actually, I can imagine any number of salacious paperback adventures that our intrepid Shröedinger’s Cockroach could be having in Viet Nam during radio silence.  They’re all possible, as far as you know.   

He has disappeared before only to surface with a new story to spark interest and entice new marks. Its a grifter drifters life..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If  your path from claiming to be The Worlds Greatest  Master Explorer Adventurer leads to living out of a soup kitchen and homeless shelter after jumping ship and being deported..do you post pics of the daily soup on your daily  facebook status page??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a newer FB comment from Jean. I don't know what "re-access his life" means.

 

Screenshot_2018-05-07-10-06-02.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex W said:

I assume he meant assess.

I am sure that is what was meant. At this time of his life, he should have already figured it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alex W said:

I assume he meant assess.

Or re-access his SS funds.

I understand Starbucks will toss you right out if you don't buy something.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Or re-access his SS funds.

I understand Starbucks will toss you right out if you don't buy something.

He's probably burnt enough to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Or re-access his SS funds.

I understand Starbucks will toss you right out if you don't buy something.

You win the internet today!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 10:09 AM, Great White said:

Here is a newer FB comment from Jean. I don't know what "re-access his life" means.

 

Screenshot_2018-05-07-10-06-02.png

Jeans observations in the past have appeared to justify his short comings in a non derogatory manner while attempting to embellish his status.  He is on ssi, Medicare, there is no reason why he cannot have his eyes attended to if there REALLY is an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Jeans observations in the past have appeared to justify his short comings in a non derogatory manner while attempting to embellish his status.  He is on ssi, Medicare, there is no reason why he cannot have his eyes attended to if there REALLY is an issue.

Well that might mean putting glasses on everyday and that's just too much effort for Reamus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pbd said:

Well that might mean putting glasses on everyday and that's just too much effort for Reamus.

Thanks for the morning laugh. You may be right, but given his affection for caulking he may only have to put them on once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, bfloyd4445 said:

you use the term sailor rather loosely don't ya think? Unless of course you consider Rimas a sailor and equal to most others in this forum. Some may be offended by such. I will grant him the status as being a very accomplished drifter grifter but not a sailor. ....and I kinda like the old boy from a distance anyway. I think he has found new toys like in below and abandoned old boats

 

tits.jpg

If so, I hope he treats them better than his several sailboats..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nolatom said:

If so, I hope he treats them better than his several sailboats..

Rimas would wrap them in bungee cords, leave them out in the sun, streak them in dirt and rust, drape rags over them, and ultimately abandon them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nolatom said:

If so, I hope he treats them better than his several sailboats..

That's the point, he doesn't, just like with his boats they  serve and care for him and so will the girls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RKoch said:

Rimas would wrap them in bungee cords, leave them out in the sun, streak them in dirt and rust, drape rags over them, and ultimately abandon them.

IEEEEEE....not those beautiful breasts! Keel haul the bilge rat if he does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Give him these Vietnamese beauties to practice on first 

2227D4AA-02E0-42EB-ACBC-E690FAC5218C.jpeg

Whoa....wunder what she was smokin when her picture was taken??...or was it mushrooms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

Someone must have an update on Rimas.

Best place to look is face book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted a link on his FB to troll Rimas a few weeks back. Furnish commented on it the other day.

I'm starting to think he's gone for good. That usually means he'll turn up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I posted a link on his FB to troll Rimas a few weeks back. Furnish commented on it the other day.

I'm starting to think he's gone for good. That usually means he'll turn up soon.

Maybe, but Rimas likes attention to much to disappear, he will be back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfloyd4445 said:

Maybe, but Rimas likes attention to much to disappear, he will be back

Hese in talkles withe Starbucks, workeng on adv campaine and advisseng on howe to captiurre morre of the homelesse sectorre.  Hisell be back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 8:41 AM, stayoutofthemiddle said:

Someone must have an update on Rimas.

Oh great, someone misplaced Rimas......illo039b.jpg.03826fdacdbf80f7e61688857d967a40.jpg

The Malaita Gastronomical Society-Women's Auxillary is officially disappointed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday. Yorktown, VA. Black Honda sedan. Southbound on Rt17.

License plate: OOHEY

Make of it whatever you will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Varan said:

Rimas hung himself in a Vietnam jail.

Linky

Don’t be stupid. That would require Rimas to be proactive and capable of tying knots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites