buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Rimyth is alive and well holding court telling sea stories for tips to his captive audience in the homeless shelter and teaching English and Russian for pocket change to supplement his SS check

• Like 1

Can someone do a photo shop on the front page article...and insert Rimyth's head instead of Rons  (All The Oceans).....please...purty please...

From FB

"Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the child. 2 pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place. Too pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place."
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, We are Rimas! said:

From FB

"Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the child. 2 pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place. Too pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place."

please post the responses , thanks !

This is frustrating......I feel like flying over there and seeing for myself what the truth is. If I knew for sure where he was....

This is another texas reef type episode in which a phony track is portrayed while the rimass is in another part of the world sippin  sissy drinks in starf……...

And I am bringing Rimas back from Vietnam and putting him in another boat.  No crazy adventurer like him should perish in a homeless shelter in Vietnam.

Aimlessly drifting around and not being able to make it into ANY port without assistance does not make one an "adventurer".   How about you have him move in with you?   You are a dick of epic proportions intentionally putting him and others in danger because you think he should die at sea.   Get another hobby.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

He’s an adult. He set off in the boat(s) & knew the risks 1st hand. So go team Rimas, beats dying in a Florida nursing home surrounded by boring, incontinent old cunts. 

• Like 4

Meanwhile, over on FB:

Jean Mondeau‎ to Rimas Meleshyus

October 5 at 4:10 AM · 

I am planning on bringing Rimas home again. I need to know how many people will help me financially with this task. He is in DaNang Vietnam and I think he has served pentance enough by now. He is stuck in a homeless shelter. I will set up a go fund me account to accomplish this task. I am Jean also known as the enabler. I provide him with boats and money for his travels. But I am soon to be retired and can not finance his travels any longer. If his followers help out I will give this old adventurer another boat, (one more time) chain it to the dock till he can sail proper and set him free again. Respond to this thread and let see if this can happen.

18 Comments

Anna Butler Isn't that what he's thinking?

Anna Butler Dena Mattox Rush wish I could afford to donate...

Nancy Pittard I'm in. Poor guy probably feels pretty low at this point. Post a link for the GoFundMe link.

Dena Mattox Rush I wish I could donate but I really can't afford to. I can help you share it everywhere though, Jean Mondeau. You are doing the right thing, Jean. I support what you are doing. Jean the Enabler. LOL That made me laugh so hard. 

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Give me the link and I'll share it, too, and put the word out about needing a translator

Jim Furnish I'm in.

If every friend of Rimas kicked in 5 dollars, it would go a long way in helping Rimas get out of this ongoing jam he's gotten in to.

Jimmy Mathis Let me know how, I got $5

Jimmy Mathis Ahh the stories....

Jim Furnish there was a gofundme going that the Shannon started for Rimas about 5 years ago...there were plenty of links on Rimas page through the years but I cant find them now 

Rich Bartholomew What's going to happen when he gets back in the States? Does he have a place to live? I know his Social Security is not enough to live on. And his propensity to hop on anything that floats and drift across the ocean doesn't seem to have gone away. And what are the odds that he will take seriously sailing lessons from anybody? He's been asked and offered that by many so far. While he is a very likeable guy, others who know him better than I suggest that it's impossible for him to maintain a boat. Has he made any indication he wants to settle down? Maybe he will get a good marriage proposal here.

Lindy Combs Ohh noo!! I have not been following Rimas. Just now checked in. Oh my heart is burdened with this. A homeless shelter in Vietnam. Ohhh myyy!!
I met Rimas on a bus the day before he left Whidbey Island in 2013. He was so excited, then I followed him for months. Is ANYONE in contact with him?

Dena Mattox Rush I was about 3 months ago

Dena Mattox Rush Now just figuring out how to get him home. He's safe though. Just need to get him back. Problems with his visa. 

Lindy Combs Dena Mattox Rush Thank you so much!

David S Wheatley I know that Trump is center stage in all the news outlets in the USA but I would have thought that the American Consulate or Embassy would have done something, ANYTHING, to get him home by supplying emergency visa, exit permits, passport and money. It is not as if he infiltrated the country illegally but he was just 'shipwrecked' and the country he ended up in was not of his choice?  :/

Lindsay Onwiththemotley David definitely sounds like a job for the Embassy...

David S Wheatley The US Embassy in Vietnam is open 24 hours a day (tab top right to translate into English). 

Dena Mattox Rush David S Wheatley I've been thinking about this. I did try calling the Embassy. Never got an answer. I'm wondering if they are really open 24/7

Jean Mondeau I got word to Rimas about bringing him home. It's complicated. We need someone there to assist with the documentation. Can anybody take a trip there to pick him up and bring him home.

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson ...would Ron be interested...or could you talk him into it ?....

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson No, he's got a very busy business here. And, he doesn't speak Vietnamese.

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I meant because I thought he went to Vietnam sometimes. But I understand.

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I think being bilingual would be crucial in this case!

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson yes. So do I actually. I'll keep thinking...

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson There's all that wrangling with embassy to be done, and who knows what kind of issues there may be with the Vietnamese govt., or the city of Da Nang, for staying at the shelter. They might want compensation. Who knows?

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Not to mention, there may well be issues and complications we haven't even thought of. Don't think this will be easy to pull off, by any means.

Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the c…See More

Dena Mattox Rush But others WANT to help. 

Jean Mondeau Rich Bartholomew ha ha ha. Next time you want a dream come true don't call this fairy godfather. I'll put coal in your sock. Lol.

Rich Bartholomew Jean Mondeau I didn't call before either. I was also pretty clear before that it was a train wreck waiting to happen... like people telling someone on the ledge to jump. Well, he jumped. Is everyone happy now?

Jean Mondeau Not everyone likes santa clause

Rich Bartholomew Jean Mondeau don't get me wrong, I like Santa Claus and I don't think anybody has had ill intent toward our friend. I just think he is not capable of the success that he dreams.

Jean Mondeau Rich Bartholomew now your talking.

• Like 1

I love how Dena Mattox Rush can't spare $5 when it is clear from her profile photo that $5 wouldn't cover even 1/10th of her monthly makeup budget!

• Like 3

I'm fairly certain that there are a multitude of people in Vietnam who could translate English. There is no need for a bilingual person to go. If they are on a shoestring, hiring a translator has to be less than a plane ticket, hotels and food.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SCANAS said:

’s an adult. He set off in the boat(s) & knew the risks 1st hand. So go team Rimas, beats dying in a Florida nursing home surrounded by boring, incontinent old cunts. 

I don't know....depending upon your age  being surrounded by incompetent old cunts may not be to bad an idea. Much better than a bunch of young gold diggers, at least the old cunts are there cause they need of an old cock.

• Like 1

This Jean guys a real asshole by being such an enabler, is there a way that Rimas can be a tax write-off for him?

3 hours ago, Volkeno said:

I'm fairly certain that there are a multitude of people in Vietnam who could translate English. There is no need for a bilingual person to go. If they are on a shoestring, hiring a translator has to be less than a plane ticket, hotels and food.

Yep involve the Embassy that’s what they are there for! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:52 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

Rimyth is alive and well holding court telling sea stories for tips to his captive audience in the homeless shelter and teaching English and Russian for pocket change to supplement his SS check

...I pity anyone who learns his form of toothless 'engrish'  :mellow:

11 hours ago, Mckarma said:

Jean Mondeau I got word to Rimas about bringing him home. It's complicated. We need someone there to assist with the documentation. Can anybody take a trip there to pick him up and bring him home.

Sure. Just swing on by, sign a few docs, and head home.

I wonder what is really meant by "assist with the documentation" in this context?

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I wonder what is really meant by "assist with the documentation" in this context?

If "Documentation" in Vietnam is anything like in Thailand (and I suspect it's probably worse), count me out. I'm literally flying right over him tomorrow from HK to BKK...  And Da Nang is like an hour flight from me and I have yet to visit Vietnam.  Still won't go.  But I will read this thread until Tom has to eat buttery ashes. :D

22 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Confusion arose because there was no box to tick about who actually gets the buttery ashes Tom.

Sorry mate the vietnamese are saving him for themselves.

Good thing Rimyth didn't hang around Saipan 

ONE OF THE STRONGEST STORMS EVER OBSERVED ON EARTH!! Incredible satellite imagery of Category 5 Super Typhoon Yutu bearing down on Tinian and Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. Typhoon Yutu has sustained winds near 180 mph with gusts to 220 mph. Saipan is the largest of the Northern Mariana Islands, a U.S. commonwealth in the Western Pacific with a population of about 45,000.

42910475_193177398248886_1929233368730304512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=d5128b9f75db6043823df17bb310dfb0&oe=5C57324F

Pause

0:00
Additional Visual Settings
Enter Watch And ScrollClick to enlarge

Unmute

Looks like Guam is going to get hit too. This is not good news for Don Rimas' next voyage of adventure circumdrifting the Pacific via US protectorates.

Only Rimas could possibly tame a 'urricane this big. Vietnam will be safe.

2015-06-28_124239.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously....Saipan and Tinian took a direct hit...this will be a big story very soon....massive damage and loss of life

2 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Seriously....Saipan and Tinian took a direct hit...this will be a big story very soon....massive damage and loss of life

Deserves it's own thread. https://earther.gizmodo.com/typhoon-yutu-could-strike-guam-as-a-category-5-beast-1829948534

1 minute ago, Norse Horse said:

Guam seems safe...Saipan and Tinian took a direct hit with the eye going over both....go for start the thread....this will be massive unspeakable damage 

3 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Good thing Rimyth didn't hang around Saipan 

I think you may have that backwards.  Bad thing for Saipan.  They could have used him hanging around right now.

For some reason - perhaps the thousand yard stare or stench, IDK - but curricanes avoid him like the plague.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 11:06 PM, We are Rimas! said:

Really , we should get him a boat , a delorme and splash him in lake mead or the gulf of Mexico or the gulf of California ;Somewhere he can pinball around in relative safety and be retrieved relatively inexpensively. 

Yup, Roger That.  Maybe could be like that Jim Carrey movie where he was on TV, Rimas can be somebody.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:06 AM, We are Rimas! said:

From FB

I think Rich should HTFU, he is oh so politically correct in his attack, not proper SA stuff.  Should have some cursing and name calling me thinks.

• Like 1

Jean just posted this photo of Rimas on FB:

45055755_10215288226457437_3997490258986

Rimas is doing fine Here he is today 10-31-2018. We're working on getting him home.

Jim Furnish Did you get a gofundme going for him???
Jean Mondeau Not yet
Jean Mondeau The Vietnam government has been very generous with him and are
Taking good care of him.
Jim Furnish He sure looks better in his pic than he looked a few months ago....
Jean Mondeau Hey Jim. Share his photo. My phone isn't working right

I'm not sure why they are trying so hard to bring him home if he's getting good care there...

Must be some other issue than just airfare to the US: SGN-LAX Nov 8 $251. A month of Starbucks. Perhaps Rimas is Stateless? Or owes the fishermen for the rescue? Or they simply don’t understand what he wants...

On 10/11/2018 at 1:06 AM, We are Rimas! said:

Really , we should get him a boat , a delorme and splash him in lake mead or the gulf of Mexico or the gulf of California ;Somewhere he can pinball around in relative safety and be retrieved relatively inexpensively. 

there's an old C&C zombie fleeter on my pier, nobody's been on it in years! I'm sure nobody would mind if it went missing. Not sure he'd make it out of the inlet though, we'll need a volunteer to tow him.

4 hours ago, Alex W said:

I'm not sure why they are trying so hard to bring him home if he's getting good care there...

Jeez, he looks like he is shrinking. That floor fan looks big enough to take a round out of him.

Is that a special bungee neck tie or does he know more knots that we think..

All Hail the King of Kon Tiki, the Don Rimas, the continental drifter...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Jeez, he looks like he is shrinking. That floor fan looks big enough to take a round out of him.

LOL. I think you are right! He has shrunk! And this is after the Vietnamese fattened him up a bit.

11 hours ago, Alex W said:

ain't that the truth! And if home to them is the USA that certainly isn't Rimasses home!

Thanks for posting. 

5 hours ago, CruiserJim said:

If Jean does get him back here and someone gives him a boat, looks like letting him park in Richardson Bay waiting for his anchor rode to chafe through is no longer an option:

https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/2018/10/31/#police-serving-notice-richardson-bay

Wonder if the same idea couldn't somehow be applied to the"homeless" pitching tents and piles of garbage all over our cities.....If they don't comply we can deport them to Mexico

19 hours ago, Alex W said:

Clever plan! I used to fly with an air cargo company and if you dressed like that and carried a flight bag, lots of normal entry/exit rules didn't seem to apply at Bahamian airports. Maybe it's still that way in Viet Nam and he can go pretty much where he wants. A uniform can solve lots of documentation problems.

Jim Furnish He looks fit for sea duty....but his eyes...you can tell by his eyes he wants to be sailing..He needs someone on the outs to help him escape, steal a fair sized sailing yacht from the Danang Yacht Club and make a mad dash for freedom.

Hah! But how do we know there's freedom downwind?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Hah! But how do we know there's freedom downwind?

And who would tow him out of the harbor?

The stare is still there but the food isn't agreeing with him.

ratnotchicken.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blitz said:

And who would tow him out of the harbor?

he won't need a tow, there is enough sail in the shirt he is wearing to catch a breeze

3 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

The stare is still there but the food isn't agreeing with him.

ratnotchicken.jpg

likely gets no taters just rice.......po Rimas.....wasting away    forgot no starbucks

3 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

likely gets no taters just rice.......po Rimas.....wasting away    forgot no starbucks

Betle nut is his new fav pick me up...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, We are Rimas! said:

LOL. I think you are right! He has shrunk! And this is after the Vietnamese fattened him up a bit.

You think they're gonna roast him up like delicious dog meat and serve him up as street food to pay off his accrued expenses?

36 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Betle nut is his new fav pick me up...

You may be right. In his latest picture it this thousand yard stare has become a bit cock eyed

2 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

You think they're gonna roast him up like delicious dog meat and serve him up as street food to pay off his accrued expenses?

no way! aint no meat on them bones!  All they good for is boiling  for soup. But that could be a source of revenue as you suggested. Just need a few of them oriental noddles in each cup sold.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, dogballs Tom said:

Clever plan! I used to fly with an air cargo company and if you dressed like that and carried a flight bag, lots of normal entry/exit rules didn't seem to apply at Bahamian airports. Maybe it's still that way in Viet Nam and he can go pretty much where he wants. A uniform can solve lots of documentation problems.

Usually epaulettes, a pilots license and a DC-8 parked out on the ramp are required to make that plan work.

7 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Usually epaulettes, a pilots license and a DC-8 parked out on the ramp are required to make that plan work.

I never had shoulder bars of any kind but did usually have my license, not that anyone ever asked. And a Beech 18 on the ramp, not that anyone ever asked about that either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_burning

" In The Phantom in Focus: A Navigator's Eye on Britain's Cold War Warrior, David Gledhill recounts a combat training exercise in Germany during the Cold War where Jaguar pilots from RAF Wildenrath and RAF Bruggen had the task of destroying a piano placed on Nordhorn Ridge with a single practice bomb. Because the target was so small, it was only the last Jaguar on the last flight of the exercise that finally managed to hit it. The pilots from both bases celebrated that evening at RAF Wildenrath by burning a second piano in the Officers' Mess.[2] Although piano burning has become popular with air forces and especially the Royal Air Force since World War II, its origin is undocumented and has been the subject of myth and decades of storytelling "

On 11/3/2018 at 9:37 PM, Varan said:

Ummm... I not ready for that...Peace!

for me piano burning seems like a terrible thing to do to an instrument that makes beautiful music for all

kinda like book b urning

1 hour ago, bfloyd4445 said:

for me piano burning seems like a terrible thing to do to an instrument that makes beautiful music for all

kinda like book b urning

I adgreede, stupide millitarey games.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 12:42 PM, Norse Horse said:

Is that a special bungee neck tie or does he know more knots that we think..

All Hail the King of Kon Tiki, the Don Rimas, the continental drifter...

Honey, I shrunk the cockroach...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Replacement4Rimas.jpg

Just trying to do my part.

Full standing headroom for the King.

He should be able to get a full roll when hit by a breaker.

That will certainly drift faster with the c-b up.

Hard to see him pick that after the Rawson  with it's much more comfortable drift while beam to.

He should be in a Morgan Out Island by now.

• Like 1

There's a sweet Rawson in Seattle for him, I don't think anyone would know/care if he drifted off in it 

IMG_20181114_101239664.jpg

3 hours ago, See Level said:

There's a sweet Rawson in Seattle for him, I don't think anyone would know/care if he drifted off in it 

My old boat was moored just out the frame of that shot. That Rawson has not moved for a decade. It would be remarkable, but most Rawsons in Seattle never move, and most have at least as much mold (or is it moss?).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, See Level said:

Imagine the farming Rimas could do with a boat like that. The topsoil doesn't look very deep on the topside, but I imagine there is quite a bit of aquaculture going on underneath.

8 minutes ago, Volkeno said:

Imagine the farming Rimas could do with a boat like that. The topsoil doesn't look very deep on the topside, but I imagine there is quite a bit of aquaculture going on underneath.

Farm? Rimas? That's for Manuel Labour.

Chickens, lots of chickens. Plus if he were able to get them to face the same direction and flap their wings he might double or even triple his speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, See Level said:

Chickens, lots of chickens. Plus if he were able to get them to face the same direction and flap their wings he might double or even triple his speed.

https://i.imgur.com/vezaUk6.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/15/2018 at 9:34 PM, steele said:

My old boat was moored just out the frame of that shot. That Rawson has not moved for a decade. It would be remarkable, but most Rawsons in Seattle never move, and most have at least as much mold (or is it moss?).

It saddens me to see old boats rotting away at the dock. A better end would be for them to sail off under the guidance of a Rimas type to the end of the world into the forever seas.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 12:56 PM, Ishmael said:

Farm? Rimas? That's for Manuel Labour.

Manul Labor, is not a Russian name....nor Latvian or Georgian

On 11/16/2018 at 12:47 PM, Volkeno said:

Would be interesting to see a video of the last time the old girl was berthed. 

1 hour ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Would be interesting to see a video of the last time the old girl was berthed. 

Video? Looks like it was last off the dock about the time talking pictures were invented.

• Like 1

I kept waiting for the rotting dock lines to part in a storm and end up watching it pogo it's way through the marina. I suspect someone replaces them once in a while, perhaps owners of nearby boats. Sadly there is a Baba 30, Nordic 30, and J 30 in the same area all in the same condition. Perhaps all the barnacles and muscles growing on their undersides create enough drag to keep them stationary.

The Baba might be the best bet for the type of brownian motion drifting that Rimas has perfected, but the J would be a better lawn dart candidate.

2 hours ago, steele said:

I kept waiting for the rotting dock lines to part in a storm and end up watching it pogo it's way through the marina. I suspect someone replaces them once in a while, perhaps owners of nearby boats. Sadly there is a Baba 30, Nordic 30, and J 30 in the same area all in the same condition. Perhaps all the barnacles and muscles growing on their undersides create enough drag to keep them stationary.

The Baba might be the best bet for the type of brownian motion drifting that Rimas has perfected, but the J would be a better lawn dart candidate.

I could stand to adopt a Baba 30 when downsizing and I need a project. Do you think anyone would notice if it just went away someday? 

23 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Video? Looks like it was last off the dock about the time talking pictures were invented.

chuckle....you may be right, but that is such a terrible thing to do to any boat.

22 hours ago, steele said:

Any of them for sale cheap?    Could make it into a race, see who drifts to Hawaii first. 

• Like 1

Drifting north out of puget sound, west out the strait of Juan de Fuca, and then to Hawaii would be quite a challenge. Lots of shipping, most of the coastline are rocks, and Hawaii is a pretty small target. My money would be on Rimas.

2 minutes ago, See Level said:

They all are within 10 slips of each other so actually pretty good start. And a Olson 30 too.

That Olson is stil there? Makes me sad. There were 2 Aphrodite 101s on the same dock in about the same condition, but I think one got fixed up.

There is a completely neglected Olson 911S on the same dock, I found the owners address and wrote a few letters with no response.  Really sad since there are only 25 or so of them (more made by Ericson, but they aren't cored hulls and weigh a lot more). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, steele said:

Drifting north out of puget sound, west out the strait of Juan de Fuca, and then to Hawaii would be quite a challenge. Lots of shipping, most of the coastline are rocks, and Hawaii is a pretty small target. My money would be on Rimas.

If Rimas could do it anyone can.....opps, not true as Rimas would do it with a tow

On 11/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, jgbrown said:

Any of them for sale cheap?    Could make it into a race, see who drifts to Hawaii first. 

Put a rubber ducky in one of them and I'll bet on that!

22 minutes ago, cosmicsedso said:

Put a rubber ducky in one of them and I'll bet on that!

Someone pay for the food and I'll go and take the duck along, not sure I have Rimas's flair or drifting navigation abilities though...

On 11/20/2018 at 8:06 PM, jgbrown said:

Someone pay for the food and I'll go and take the duck along, not sure I have Rimas's flair or drifting navigation abilities though...

How are you at being towed?