buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

20 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Are we being taken for a ride again?

Apparently we are going to send Rimas somewhere, not you. Would you like to adopt a homeless person with bad hygiene and poor English skills? I'm not talking about your congressman here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Exactly which home are we proposing? (royal we)

San Francisco? American Samoa? Hawaii? Sitka?

Spare room at your place sounds great for Rimas. 

Although we get many “Southern” gator fishing shows on oz TV. I think down there would be great. Set him up with a 30ft’r (maybe remove the mast this time so he can get away) 

And who are the hapless schmucks that have to share a dock with Rimas and his chained chicken? Will the bird have to turn tricks for Pimp Daddy Rimas to pay the harbor master?  

Where will they dispose of all the buttery smashed potatoes?

12 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Over on Fecesbook:
I am planning on bringing Rimas home again. I need to know how many people will help me financially with this task. He is in DaNang Vietnam and I think he has served pentance enough by now. He is stuck in a homeless shelter. I will set up a go fund me account to accomplish this task. I am Jean also known as the enabler. I provide him with boats and money for his travels. But I am soon to be retired and can not finance his travels any longer. If his followers help out I will give this old adventurer another boat, (one more time) chain it to the dock till he can sail proper and set him free again. Respond to this thread and let see if this can happen.

YCMTSU

I really should send Jean $20 just for the bolded line. I've paid more for worse entertainment.

Sorry, I'm old school. Before I had kids I made certain I could care for them. Before I had pets I accepted responsibility for training, feeding and most importantly medical care.

You consider the consequences prior to making any commitment. If Jean wants to walk away from his pet, it's not my problem. He's enabled and now Rimas has come to expect more than any other homeless drifter I've seen. Been a great run up till now. All the public monies spent on his rescues could have been used to help a lot of people, himself included, in more appropriate, albeit less romantic and adventurous, settings.

My local animal shelter just had to take in and care for 52 labrador retrievers from a hoarder. I'll send them an additional $20 in Rimas's name.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, redboat said:

Sorry, I'm old school. Before I had kids I made certain I could care for them. Before I had pets I accepted responsibility for training, feeding and most importantly medical care.

You consider the consequences prior to making any commitment. If Jean wants to walk away from his pet, it's not my problem. He's enabled and now Rimas has come to expect more than any other homeless drifter I've seen. Been a great run up till now. All the public monies spent on his rescues could have been used to help a lot of people, himself included, in more appropriate, albeit less romantic and adventurous, settings.

My local animal shelter just had to take in and care for 52 labrador retrievers from a hoarder. I'll send them an additional $20 in Rimas's name.

Can’t afford both?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Autonomous said:

In the room, formerly known as the engine room.

8 hours ago, Autonomous said:

And who are the hapless schmucks that have to share a dock with Rimas and his chained chicken? Will the bird have to turn tricks for Pimp Daddy Rimas to pay the harbor master?  

Share a dock? Is that code for share a cleat with him?;)

17 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Over on Fecesbook:
I am planning on bringing Rimas home again. I need to know how many people will help me financially with this task. He is in DaNang Vietnam and I think he has served pentance enough by now. He is stuck in a homeless shelter. I will set up a go fund me account to accomplish this task. I am Jean also known as the enabler. I provide him with boats and money for his travels. But I am soon to be retired and can not finance his travels any longer. If his followers help out I will give this old adventurer another boat, (one more time) chain it to the dock till he can sail proper and set him free again. Respond to this thread and let see if this can happen.

YCMTSU

Troll of the year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Share a dock? Is that code for share a cleat with him?;)

Bull rail. Yeah, let's make it a bull rail.

Someone on FB will have to confirm if this is Jean or Russian Mafia. It explains the lack of social media from the great adventurer.

Jean just needs to weld a tiller on this time.

18 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Apparently we are going to send Rimas somewhere, not you. Would you like to adopt a homeless person with bad hygiene and poor English skills? I'm not talking about your congressman here.

You missed the point: I was referring to posts in this thread about Remas which many took to be the truth only to find out later on  it was bs. The we I was referring to were all of us thread followers. TQA hit the nail on the head with his comment above.

2 minutes ago, bfloyd4445 said:

You missed the point: I was referring to posts in this thread about Remas which many took to be the truth only to find out later on  it was bs. The we I was referring to were all of us thread followers. TQA hit the nail on the head with his comment above.

the "trolled golde" commente?

• Like 1

I'm not understanding why Gene keeps buying him a sailboat, just buy an old motorboat and be done with it, that old nutbar Remus can't get too far and in of those!

19 minutes ago, hobot said:

I'm not understanding why Gene keeps buying him a sailboat, just buy an old motorboat and be done with it, that old nutbar Remus can't get too far and in of those!

Adgreeded!  Mickey shoude donate the BB hese launchenge and keepe thingrd in controlle.                                 :)

43 minutes ago, hobot said:

Willing to compare delorme drift rate data on any future rimas "power"boat voyages when if it happens. He would still need a tow outside the gate, I reckon.

Start him off in Sacramento and let him drift the Delta.

2 hours ago, hobot said:

There are lots of accounts of people drifting long distances in mb's and Remas is an accomplished drifter remember. Besides that would hake it to easy for him to request assistance when he runs out of M cherries or taters..

16 hours ago, hobot said:

Yeah but he may get flushed out the gate again when it rains.   How about a nice lake?

16 hours ago, hobot said:

Hey good idea,  he can be the first to drift brown's two forty foot diameter tunnels under the delta which start just above Sacramento. No reefs or rocks to get in the way just a straight shot from the pumps down...….

10 minutes ago, some dude said:

Yeah but he may get flushed out the gate again when it rains.   How about a nice lake?

I propose the Salton Sea. An accidental sea for an accidental sailor drifter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

I propose the Salton Sea. An accidental sea for an accidental sailor drifter.

Yes, full of pollution just the place

Airfare to Australia might be cheaper than to SF.

LB15 could teach him upwind skills and hook him up with an Arlberg.

Go the Rimas!

• Like 1

Is a homeless shelter in Vietnam that bad a place for him?  Other than no Facebook or Starbucks access, he’s presumably got food and shelter, and he’s not going to put other people at risk to save him from his further “adventures”. 

Sucks for us, like having our favorite tv show canceled. Probably sucks for Scot, lower click count.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 1:11 AM, SCANAS said:

Spare room at your place sounds great for Rimas. 

Although we get many “Southern” gator fishing shows on oz TV. I think down there would be great. Set him up with a 30ft’r (maybe remove the mast this time so he can get away) 

Like he needs a mast....

1 hour ago, groundhog said:

Like he needs a mast....

Yex he does, like a telephone pole size with his new boat impaled on top like a lawn dart. This way he won't need to suck up ER services that could be better utilized else where. He likes ladders so when he needs a fix he can use his ladder to come and go for a fix at starbucks.

• Like 1

A solution to the mast/ ladder problem. No lashing required.

Go the Rimas!

telephone pole.png

• Like 1

Take him to Home Depot and buy him 100 sheets of plywood, 500ft of 2 x 4 and 10,000 nails. And a Harleysaki.

Sit back end enjoy!

18 minutes ago, kippermoose said:

Take him to Home Depot and buy him 100 sheets of plywood, 500ft of 2 x 4 and 10,000 nails. And a Harleysaki.

Sit back end enjoy!

you might as well look at your lawn growing ... Rimas' status as world record breaking of the world record sailor drifter/grifter puts him far above handling any tool, performing any kind of physical, constructive or otherwise sweat inducing act, naah, he will leave all that lowlife calory wasting stuff to those silly enablers, interested ? we''ll sit back and enjoy ;)

• Like 1

What happened to his SS monies?

Morbid curiosity makes me want to see him sailing again but I ain't paying for it.

17 minutes ago, longy said:

He's in his happy place - leave him be.

Maybe but his 1000 yard stares are freaking out the locals:(

IIRC, he started out in WA in a homeless shelter. Certainly, his drifting adventures have cost the taxpayers less  $ than his continuous food and shelter entitlements land side would have.   Being in Vietnam, he doesn't cost the  (American)taxpayers anything, either. I say we bring him back and let jean figure out what to do with him.

You skipped right past the salient point, even after stating it - where he is now doesn't cost the US anything, and he probably gets better care than the US system would provide him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rainier said:

What happened to his SS monies?

Is there a Starbucks close by?  Seriously - if he is getting SS he can live well in VN or Thailand compared to the US.  If he manages monies like he does sailing all bets are off.

If Rimyth wanted to be out of VN and back in the USA...he'd be back. I suspect he is living large in VN with his SS combined with whatever the Vietnamese are providing ...but hey were are basing this recent dialogue on speculation that he is alive and living in VN

20 hours ago, kippermoose said:

Sit back end enjoy!

There wont be much to enjoy as he will not be able to make anything as that would require work. He has a track record of not performing the most basic of functions let alone building a boat.

47 minutes ago, bdu98252 said:

There wont be much to enjoy as he will not be able to make anything as that would require work. He has a track record of not performing the most basic of functions let alone building a boat.

I'm sure all his Facebook "friends" would help out and drive some nails for him.  Jean could start a Patreon account and one of those all too common "I quit my job to fix up a boat and sail around the world" YouTube Vlogs for him.  Make t-shirts, hats, and stickers for all the Patrons.  They can all donate money and labor while he sits in the shade filming and sipping a Starbucks mocha.  Brilliant idea....

9 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

reruns....or The Best of Rimas

I must have missed this post, thanks. I had no idea he was that fluent in English. This video changes my image of the Rimas

Oh, man, the roach lives on...I think maybe one of those boats in the ugly boat's forum in CA.  I'm thinking he should be drifting in a Manatee.  Are you out there Jean??

• Like 1

Yes I am here.  And I am bringing Rimas back from Vietnam and putting him in another boat.  No crazy adventurer like him should perish in a homeless shelter in Vietnam.   That's a beautiful country and they have been very generous with rimas but it's time for him to come home. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jmmondeau said:

Yes I am here.  And I am bringing Rimas back from Vietnam and putting him in another boat.  No crazy adventurer like him should perish in a homeless shelter in Vietnam.   That's a beautiful country and they have been very generous with rimas but it's time for him to come home. 

@.22 Tom to the white phone please.

14 minutes ago, jmmondeau said:

Pictures if you want to keep the myth alive...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVEATF7VNTk

13 minutes ago, jmmondeau said:

Make him get his eyes fixed so he can see when he gets back. Please glue the Delorme somewhere in the cockpit so he can't break it, or lose it. I'd think about kicking in but he kicked me off facebook when he was in Hawaii after he said how much he loved sailing and I asked if he a chance to sail over the weekend. 

22 minutes ago, jmmondeau said:

Ime am sorrey, I halve no faithe, to manney players halve claimmed tho be the "hande on the pulsse" of the interprette Rimas.  Proove it buddey!  Oune poeste este es nada.                             :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jmmondeau said:

I'm sure he will be happy to be back HOME in Latvia

19 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ime am sorrey, I halve no faithe, to manney players halve claimmed tho be the "hande on the pulsse" of the interprette Rimas.  Proove it buddey!  Oune poeste este es nada.                             :)

u all hit da nail squarly wit dat one mate

1 hour ago, jmmondeau said:

I want to know more about the "chained to the dock" method of learning ot sail.

I should add: teaching him to sail would make him boring, so please don't.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

I want to know more about the "chained to the dock" method of learning ot sail.

I should add: teaching him to sail would make him boring, so please don't.

You have nothing to fear.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, SailBlueH2O said:

reruns....or The Best of Rimas

D12335D7-7007-48A0-B83F-BB6C21A4CE93.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 7:45 PM, Somebody Else said:

Instead of cash, can I pledge in Starbucks credits?

No poetry was generated at Starbucks.   Sea tow might offer discount since they are deadheading on the way out anyway.   

• Like 1

Rimas must return and continue to explore more Huge Geography. Songs will be written about his exploits.

2iw89z.jpg

• Like 4

Without the occasional Rimas poetry and cries for help, this thread has become so boring.

And I am bringing Rimas back from Vietnam and putting him in another boat.

Why don't you get him a JOB and let him EARN and PREPARE his own boat.  Do you get your jollies off trying to kill off an old inept man?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solosailor said:

Why don't you get him a JOB and let him EARN and PREPARE his own boat.  Do you get your jollies off trying to kill off an old inept man?

...nahh, he gets cash to send a boat to salvage, puts it under Rimas instead.  Good gig.  :mellow:

Really , we should get him a boat , a delorme and splash him in lake mead or the gulf of Mexico or the gulf of California ;Somewhere he can pinball around in relative safety and be retrieved relatively inexpensively. 

2 hours ago, solosailor said:

Maybe 20,000 posts ago you could be excused. But seriously? The words Job, Earn and Prepare are complete unknowns to the Rimyth and have no place whatsoever in this thread.

9 hours ago, solosailor said:

You hiring? C'mon, you know you can teach him a thing or two. Really, give it a shot.

C'mon, whether he's being held in some detention centre, working as a fluffer in a brothel, or living in a shack with an ageing lbfmpbr, he'll be warm and fed on around a dollar a day. Let the sun set serenely on the twilight of his years.

18 hours ago, jmmondeau said:

Hello Jean,

Get him an old houseboat and put it on the Salton Sea. 

20 hours ago, jmmondeau said:

Drizzle Drazzle Drazzle Drone, time for this one to come home.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, solosailor said:

You aren't thinking of giving my buttery ashes to Jean, are you?

• Like 1

Rimyth is alive and well holding court telling sea stories for tips to his captive audience in the homeless shelter and teaching English and Russian for pocket change to supplement his SS check

• Like 1

Can someone do a photo shop on the front page article...and insert Rimyth's head instead of Rons  (All The Oceans).....please...purty please...

From FB

"Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the child. 2 pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place. Too pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place."
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, We are Rimas! said:

From FB

"Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the child. 2 pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place. Too pointed? Too damn too bad. Step up and fix it. Quit begging for help when you are the one who caused the problem in the first place."

please post the responses , thanks !

This is frustrating......I feel like flying over there and seeing for myself what the truth is. If I knew for sure where he was....

This is another texas reef type episode in which a phony track is portrayed while the rimass is in another part of the world sippin  sissy drinks in starf……...

And I am bringing Rimas back from Vietnam and putting him in another boat.  No crazy adventurer like him should perish in a homeless shelter in Vietnam.

Aimlessly drifting around and not being able to make it into ANY port without assistance does not make one an "adventurer".   How about you have him move in with you?   You are a dick of epic proportions intentionally putting him and others in danger because you think he should die at sea.   Get another hobby.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

He’s an adult. He set off in the boat(s) & knew the risks 1st hand. So go team Rimas, beats dying in a Florida nursing home surrounded by boring, incontinent old cunts. 

• Like 4

Meanwhile, over on FB:

Jean Mondeau‎ to Rimas Meleshyus

October 5 at 4:10 AM · 

I am planning on bringing Rimas home again. I need to know how many people will help me financially with this task. He is in DaNang Vietnam and I think he has served pentance enough by now. He is stuck in a homeless shelter. I will set up a go fund me account to accomplish this task. I am Jean also known as the enabler. I provide him with boats and money for his travels. But I am soon to be retired and can not finance his travels any longer. If his followers help out I will give this old adventurer another boat, (one more time) chain it to the dock till he can sail proper and set him free again. Respond to this thread and let see if this can happen.

18 Comments

Anna Butler Isn't that what he's thinking?

Anna Butler Dena Mattox Rush wish I could afford to donate...

Nancy Pittard I'm in. Poor guy probably feels pretty low at this point. Post a link for the GoFundMe link.

Dena Mattox Rush I wish I could donate but I really can't afford to. I can help you share it everywhere though, Jean Mondeau. You are doing the right thing, Jean. I support what you are doing. Jean the Enabler. LOL That made me laugh so hard. 

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Give me the link and I'll share it, too, and put the word out about needing a translator

Jim Furnish I'm in.

If every friend of Rimas kicked in 5 dollars, it would go a long way in helping Rimas get out of this ongoing jam he's gotten in to.

Jimmy Mathis Let me know how, I got $5

Jimmy Mathis Ahh the stories....

Jim Furnish there was a gofundme going that the Shannon started for Rimas about 5 years ago...there were plenty of links on Rimas page through the years but I cant find them now 

Rich Bartholomew What's going to happen when he gets back in the States? Does he have a place to live? I know his Social Security is not enough to live on. And his propensity to hop on anything that floats and drift across the ocean doesn't seem to have gone away. And what are the odds that he will take seriously sailing lessons from anybody? He's been asked and offered that by many so far. While he is a very likeable guy, others who know him better than I suggest that it's impossible for him to maintain a boat. Has he made any indication he wants to settle down? Maybe he will get a good marriage proposal here.

Lindy Combs Ohh noo!! I have not been following Rimas. Just now checked in. Oh my heart is burdened with this. A homeless shelter in Vietnam. Ohhh myyy!!
I met Rimas on a bus the day before he left Whidbey Island in 2013. He was so excited, then I followed him for months. Is ANYONE in contact with him?

Dena Mattox Rush I was about 3 months ago

Dena Mattox Rush Now just figuring out how to get him home. He's safe though. Just need to get him back. Problems with his visa. 

Lindy Combs Dena Mattox Rush Thank you so much!

David S Wheatley I know that Trump is center stage in all the news outlets in the USA but I would have thought that the American Consulate or Embassy would have done something, ANYTHING, to get him home by supplying emergency visa, exit permits, passport and money. It is not as if he infiltrated the country illegally but he was just 'shipwrecked' and the country he ended up in was not of his choice?  :/

Lindsay Onwiththemotley David definitely sounds like a job for the Embassy...

David S Wheatley The US Embassy in Vietnam is open 24 hours a day (tab top right to translate into English). 

Dena Mattox Rush David S Wheatley I've been thinking about this. I did try calling the Embassy. Never got an answer. I'm wondering if they are really open 24/7

Jean Mondeau I got word to Rimas about bringing him home. It's complicated. We need someone there to assist with the documentation. Can anybody take a trip there to pick him up and bring him home.

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson ...would Ron be interested...or could you talk him into it ?....

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson No, he's got a very busy business here. And, he doesn't speak Vietnamese.

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I meant because I thought he went to Vietnam sometimes. But I understand.

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson I think being bilingual would be crucial in this case!

Dena Mattox Rush Elleda Rhiannon Wilson yes. So do I actually. I'll keep thinking...

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson There's all that wrangling with embassy to be done, and who knows what kind of issues there may be with the Vietnamese govt., or the city of Da Nang, for staying at the shelter. They might want compensation. Who knows?

Elleda Rhiannon Wilson Not to mention, there may well be issues and complications we haven't even thought of. Don't think this will be easy to pull off, by any means.

Rich Bartholomew There's only one reason he is in this situation, and that's because somebody bought him a boat he shouldn't have had. So step up to the plate and fix what you broke. Simple. When you create a problem child, you need to fix the problem and protect the c…See More

Dena Mattox Rush But others WANT to help. 

Jean Mondeau Rich Bartholomew ha ha ha. Next time you want a dream come true don't call this fairy godfather. I'll put coal in your sock. Lol.

Rich Bartholomew Jean Mondeau I didn't call before either. I was also pretty clear before that it was a train wreck waiting to happen... like people telling someone on the ledge to jump. Well, he jumped. Is everyone happy now?

Jean Mondeau Not everyone likes santa clause

Rich Bartholomew Jean Mondeau don't get me wrong, I like Santa Claus and I don't think anybody has had ill intent toward our friend. I just think he is not capable of the success that he dreams.

Jean Mondeau Rich Bartholomew now your talking.

• Like 1

I love how Dena Mattox Rush can't spare $5 when it is clear from her profile photo that $5 wouldn't cover even 1/10th of her monthly makeup budget!

• Like 3

I'm fairly certain that there are a multitude of people in Vietnam who could translate English. There is no need for a bilingual person to go. If they are on a shoestring, hiring a translator has to be less than a plane ticket, hotels and food.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SCANAS said:

’s an adult. He set off in the boat(s) & knew the risks 1st hand. So go team Rimas, beats dying in a Florida nursing home surrounded by boring, incontinent old cunts. 

I don't know....depending upon your age  being surrounded by incompetent old cunts may not be to bad an idea. Much better than a bunch of young gold diggers, at least the old cunts are there cause they need of an old cock.

• Like 1

This Jean guys a real asshole by being such an enabler, is there a way that Rimas can be a tax write-off for him?

3 hours ago, Volkeno said:

I'm fairly certain that there are a multitude of people in Vietnam who could translate English. There is no need for a bilingual person to go. If they are on a shoestring, hiring a translator has to be less than a plane ticket, hotels and food.

Yep involve the Embassy that’s what they are there for! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:52 AM, SailBlueH2O said:

Rimyth is alive and well holding court telling sea stories for tips to his captive audience in the homeless shelter and teaching English and Russian for pocket change to supplement his SS check

...I pity anyone who learns his form of toothless 'engrish'  :mellow:

11 hours ago, Mckarma said:

Jean Mondeau I got word to Rimas about bringing him home. It's complicated. We need someone there to assist with the documentation. Can anybody take a trip there to pick him up and bring him home.

Sure. Just swing on by, sign a few docs, and head home.

I wonder what is really meant by "assist with the documentation" in this context?

2 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

I wonder what is really meant by "assist with the documentation" in this context?

If "Documentation" in Vietnam is anything like in Thailand (and I suspect it's probably worse), count me out. I'm literally flying right over him tomorrow from HK to BKK...  And Da Nang is like an hour flight from me and I have yet to visit Vietnam.  Still won't go.  But I will read this thread until Tom has to eat buttery ashes. :D

22 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

Confusion arose because there was no box to tick about who actually gets the buttery ashes Tom.

Sorry mate the vietnamese are saving him for themselves.

Good thing Rimyth didn't hang around Saipan 

ONE OF THE STRONGEST STORMS EVER OBSERVED ON EARTH!! Incredible satellite imagery of Category 5 Super Typhoon Yutu bearing down on Tinian and Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. Typhoon Yutu has sustained winds near 180 mph with gusts to 220 mph. Saipan is the largest of the Northern Mariana Islands, a U.S. commonwealth in the Western Pacific with a population of about 45,000.

42910475_193177398248886_1929233368730304512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=d5128b9f75db6043823df17bb310dfb0&oe=5C57324F

Pause