buys737

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

8 hours ago, axolotl said:

Is this the longest Rimas has been shorebound  since Project Lawndart?

chuckle....thanks for the laugh. His future lies in grifting and work in his new occupation of setting a world record for hours sitting in starbucks.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, stayoutofthemiddle said:

Any updates? Boats are cheap at the moment for the next adventure...

The Saturday Evening Post posted cartoons, the third one down reminded me of the Rimas boat darting.

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2020/05/cartoons-whatever-floats-your-boat/

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

2020-05-26-boat-cartoons-wave.jpg

The last one also seems on target

2020-05-26-boat-cartoons-new-boat.jpg

I didn't cut them out when i posted the link because i did not wish to violate copyright laws

1 minute ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I didn't cut them out when i posted the link because i did not wish to violate copyright laws

I'm no lawyer and my info may be out of date so if any one actually knows I'd be happy to be corrected.

Inline linking: Inline linking involves placing a line of HTML on your site that so that your webpage displays content directly from another site. We now commonly refer to this practice as embedding. For example, many bloggers embed videos from YouTube on their blogs to illustrate a point or initiate discussion. While there is some uncertainty on this point, a recent case from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that inline linking does not directly infringe copyright because no copy is made on the site providing the link; the link is just HTML code pointing to the image or other material. See Perfect 10, Inc. v. Google, Inc., 508 F.3d 1146 (2007). Other courts may or may not follow this reasoning. However, the Ninth Circuit's decision is consistent with the majority of copyright linking cases which have found that linking, whether simple, deep, or inline, does not give rise to liability for copyright infringement. For discussion of these cases, see The Internet Law Treatise. In addition, merely using an inline link should not create trademark liability, unless you do something affirmative to create the impression that you are somehow affiliated with or endorsed by the site to which you are linking. Thus, embedding media in your online work should not expose you to legal liability

• Like 3

On 5/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, KC375 said:

I'm no lawyer and my info may be out of date so if any one actually knows I'd be happy to be corrected.

Inline linking: Inline linking involves placing a line of HTML on your site that so that your webpage displays content directly from another site. We now commonly refer to this practice as embedding. For example, many bloggers embed videos from YouTube on their blogs to illustrate a point or initiate discussion. While there is some uncertainty on this point, a recent case from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals concluded that inline linking does not directly infringe copyright because no copy is made on the site providing the link; the link is just HTML code pointing to the image or other material. See Perfect 10, Inc. v. Google, Inc., 508 F.3d 1146 (2007). Other courts may or may not follow this reasoning. However, the Ninth Circuit's decision is consistent with the majority of copyright linking cases which have found that linking, whether simple, deep, or inline, does not give rise to liability for copyright infringement. For discussion of these cases, see The Internet Law Treatise. In addition, merely using an inline link should not create trademark liability, unless you do something affirmative to create the impression that you are somehow affiliated with or endorsed by the site to which you are linking. Thus, embedding media in your online work should not expose you to legal liability

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know

• Like 1

Had an online chat with a fella who was a countryman of Rimas' and they shared a rooming situation when they landed in the USA at the same time...he had asked me why Rimas had blocked me an so many others from his facebook...............

"I asked him and he wrote back that he cleaned up some people after eye surgery after reading their old posts. After everyone donated to him.

I knew Rimas since 1989 so I know who he is, I don't consider him my friend but I was curious how he will end up and where as a (past) gigolo using women and living off women's savings he lived with.

"

F716F6E0-19C4-42DF-9090-ECE07E75C601.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 4:02 AM, Jim F. said:

Had an online chat with a fella who was a countryman of Rimas' and they shared a rooming situation when they landed in the USA at the same time...he had asked me why Rimas had blocked me an so many others from his facebook...............

"I asked him and he wrote back that he cleaned up some people after eye surgery after reading their old posts. After everyone donated to him.

I knew Rimas since 1989 so I know who he is, I don't consider him my friend but I was curious how he will end up and where as a (past) gigolo using women and living off women's savings he lived with.

"

Are you saying that Rimas was a gigilo using women for profit? What a man! For me its always women that try and make a living off me.

• Like 1

On fb Rimas was saying he want to buy a Hans Christian 33 "Prism" Tour Boat, what ever that means by 2021.

So I guess that means he is still alive and interested in boats

3 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

On fb Rimas was saying he want to buy a Hans Christian 33 "Prism" Tour Boat, what ever that means by 2021.

I guess being a gigolo is about to pay off in 2021

On 7/28/2020 at 5:21 PM, bfloyd4445 said:

What is is FB name because under his name there is not a post since 2016 showing the San Juan

15 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

What is is FB name because under his name there is not a post since 2016 showing the San Juan

If you are not a FB friend of Rimas, you will not see all of his posts. There was also a couple FB pages with the same name and some posts and pics that were fake. Rimas blocked me so I cannot see any of his present or past posts.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm blocked too.  Must have been rather recently, though I havent posted on his page in a few years.

5 hours ago, Baldur said:

Wow, I'm blocked too.  Must have been rather recently, though I havent posted on his page in a few years.

It was a few months ago that he seemed to go on a purge of people that didn't post what he wanted to hear. Irks me because just before he blocked me, I was messaging him about cheap/free boats in my marina. He seemed to appreciate the info. I had not posted anything in over a year.

• Like 1

Perhaps he's more self aware than we realized.

ACCORDING TO RIMAS, HE DOESN’T SO MUCH SAIL AS HE DRIFTS.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, chip said:

What is this? I can't even figure out what this site is (it's like for super yacht owners who think that they're spiritual?), much less this particular content:

https://yachtieinspired.com/blogs/sea-blog/rimas-meleshyus-sailing-alone-around-the-world-always-in-my-heart-the-sea-is-my-passion

A comment in this article:

"He has since had cataract operations and he can see. However due to his age we are hesitant to send my dear friend adrift again. A retirement in Hawaii is pretty nice after all he’s been through. You know we love you Rimas."

JEAN MONDEAU MAY 26, 2020

No, he will always remain faithful to his true occupation as a grifter. To retire one must have an occupation of which Reimas has never had except for his expertise as a grifter

4 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Has the chicken been put out to pasture?

intro-1597348166.jpg

no more chiken chokin??//.......naw, will never end. The Rimas will languish around till funds are low then deserted by the ladies a new chapter will be born

7 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Has the chicken been put out to pasture?

intro-1597348166.jpg

The last ill fated voyage started when whoever he was living with got tired of him and I believe the harbormaster was going to sieze the boat and the ladder for not paying the fees, so half the motivation is gone.

Someone needs to donate the man a boat and get this show on the road. err water

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Volkeno said:

The last ill fated voyage started when whoever he was living with got tired of him and I believe the harbormaster was going to sieze the boat and the ladder for not paying the fees, so half the motivation is gone.

Someone needs to donate the man a boat and get this show on the road. err water

There's pleanty of free ones out there but he has always been to lazy to procure them for himself always depending on others except for the first one

Can someone please get Rimas a boat and a tracker ? 

I am having withdrawals - especially now that sailing season is ending.  We all need some entertainment. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 6924 said:

Can someone please get Rimas a boat and a tracker ? 

I am having withdrawals - especially now that sailing season is ending.  We all need some entertainment. 

aint that the truth. But the truth is what better social distancing is there than a long blue water cruise or sail?  I miss that feeling but am reluctant because of current health issues. Maybe next year.

It's been a long ride, but I am officially un-following this thread.

If 750 people will view this thread it reaches an even 100,000 views. At that point it should be locked sealed and sunk for posterity.

On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 9:39 AM, d'ranger said:

If 750 people will view this thread it reaches an even 100,000 views. At that point it should be locked sealed and sunk for posterity.

You missed a zero.

18 minutes ago, Lowly Crew said:

You missed a zero.

Hey, everyone knows that zero's mean zero he is just savin ink

On 10/19/2020 at 6:39 AM, d'ranger said:

sunk is not a good word among mariners. If i was remas surrounded by a troop of lovely Vietnamese girls as in the pix I would be reluctant to exchange that for the solitude of the big blue. Of course at his age he'd have issues satisfying their needs but I'm sure would be fun trying.

2 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Hey, everyone knows that zero's mean zero he is just savin ink

Actually - it is correct to get to views which is what I wrote. It would be 75000 to get to 100k comments. So you are both wrong. Now it just needs 144 more to get there.

Of course this is the Rimas thread so nothing much matters anyway. 

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Actually - it is correct to get to views which is what I wrote. It would be 75000 to get to 100k comments. So you are both wrong. Now it just needs 144 more to get there.

Of course this is the Rimas thread so nothing much matters anyway. 

there you go again throwing around zeros like they mean sumtin when everyone knows if you have zero anything you have nuttin. rimas thread is just for wasting time with occasional entertainment value when someone trys to say zero is something when it is zero..................Well what i said is not correct you are right but for the wrong reason. Here is a pix of what a Zero did at Pearl.

ATT00103.jpg

41 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

chuckle... maybe if they were flying zeros. But my guess is they were to busy trying to shoot down lancasters and mosquitos. Pearl Harbour is what caused ah to declare war on the USA which i think was a stupid move on his part.

6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

5 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

chuckle... maybe if they were flying zeros. But my guess is they were to busy trying to shoot down lancasters and mosquitos. Pearl Harbour is what caused ah to declare war on the USA which i think was a stupid move on his part.

Whoosh!

For the pedants... the first Lancaster squadron  was equipped in early 1942 and the Mosquito had only been in service for a few weeks prior to PH... most of the German offensive action was in the Mediterranean/North Africa and on the Eastern front at this point in WW2. I wonder when Hitler realised what Japan's entry into the war would mean for him...

Cheers,

W.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, WGWarburton said:

Whoosh!

For the pedants... the first Lancaster squadron  was equipped in early 1942 and the Mosquito had only been in service for a few weeks prior to PH... most of the German offensive action was in the Mediterranean/North Africa and on the Eastern front at this point in WW2. I wonder when Hitler realized what Japan's entry into the war would mean for him...

Cheers,

W.

I think ah figured japan would take some of the pressure off of him and it did as Russia kept 30 fully equipped divisions in the east in case japan attacked.  Wasn't until late the battle for moscow that he learned japan had no intentions in his direction and pulled those divisions to save Moscow. My dad was 8th AF and flew B-24s seeing service in the middle east AND ALL POINTS WEST OF THERE  Sorry for cap lock. hate that key. As for ah i think his doctor kept him pretty doped up most of the time which is why I believe he made so many screwy decisions.

On 8/23/2013 at 1:25 AM, buys737 said:

Russian immigrant, Rimas Meleshyus

jesus fuck, this name is nowhere near russian

3 hours ago, pironiero said:

jesus fuck, this name is nowhere near russian

i think he may be latvian

And for those without Facebook.

Screenshot_20201108-092529.png

1 hour ago, Great White said:

Naw, wouldn't due no ladder! Where is that land lubber hiding anyway?

Any sign of him on facebook?

3 hours ago, Great White said:

No rudder option is a rare unicorn perfect for Rimas great geography drifting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Volkeno said:

No rudder option is a rare unicorn perfect for Rimas great geography drifting

Yep, no sail or motor either all he needs is tow hooks and a ladder.

3 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

Yep, no sail or motor either all he needs is tow hooks and a ladder.

Look again, the ladder is in place, at least till the storm knocks it down.

Even before the storm he had a couple sunken boats in that heap. You can see them in the video. His reaction when told to clean up the hazard? To buy another boat or two. Now all that shit is sunk or battering the nearby docks. Last I heard he took a dinghy to shore, took the outboard off and just left.

11 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Look again, the ladder is in place, at least till the storm knocks it down.

Even before the storm he had a couple sunken boats in that heap. You can see them in the video. His reaction when told to clean up the hazard? To buy another boat or two. Now all that shit is sunk or battering the nearby docks. Last I heard he took a dinghy to shore, took the outboard off and just left.

that sounds like something rimas would do....

So that’s it then ?
End of the Rimas shit show?

I wouldn’t mind but this thread was the only reason I signed up to this joint, and now all I’ve got to show for it are these stupid downvotes.

lol

• Like 1

Hey gang, it ain't over!  Your facebook friend is on the hunt...

I hopping to find sailboat where I like it 2021 .
Good reputation and excellent price.
Classic design.
Cheers & enjoy reading ! ⛵ ⛵ ⛵
The Alberg 35 Sailboat : Bluewaterboats.org
BLUEWATERBOATS.ORG
The Alberg 35 is a classic cruising from the board of Carl Alberg, built by Pearson Yachts from Rhode Island and introduced in 1961. It earned a good reputation for her fine sailing qualities, and with a six year production run of 280 boats, she was considered a success for her builder.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Hey gang, it ain't over!  Your facebook friend is on the hunt...

I hopping to find sailboat where I like it 2021 .
Good reputation and excellent price.
Classic design.
Cheers & enjoy reading ! ⛵ ⛵ ⛵
BLUEWATERBOATS.ORG
The Alberg 35 is a classic cruising from the board of Carl Alberg, built by Pearson Yachts from Rhode Island and introduced in 1961. It earned a good reputation for her fine sailing qualities, and with a six year production run of 280 boats, she was considered a success for her builder.

thanks for the update.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Shame though that he sets sail after confinement, the pace would have been perfect for 2020

1 hour ago, Sebyseb said:

Shame though that he sets sail after confinement, the pace would have been perfect for 2020

He is an accomplished drifter you know and the slow pace of 2020 fits

An Alberg might be on his wish list, but no way Rimas will buy an Alberg - they are WAY too valued to be within his budget.

3 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Bernie_Sitting_in_a_Chair_With_Mittens_Meme_Template.thumb.jpeg.4ca7bef54d342d7bd73dda7046ecb2bb.jpeg

Great pix, made my day. But who is that masked man?...sure aint Remas