• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Barnyb

Team UK

Are most Aussies not Poms?

Fuck that! I would rather be a Kiwi.
Umpire, you sure know how to insult we convicts

Apologies if this is old hat: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10405707/Indian-Grand-Prix-2013-Red-Bull-chief-technical-officer-Adrian-Newey-attracted-to-Americas-Cup-role.html

Ainslie, Newey, Welbourn and Mills with Red Bull as a major sponsor - is this the kernel of a GB dream team?

Just seen on the news that Ross Brawn has lost his job in F1 next year, is it just me, or would, Ross Brawn, Adrian Newey and Sir Ben Ainslie be a dream team, to get the UK challenge started?

Sounds interesting but Adrian Newey is in the middle of designing a brand new F1 car to radically different new rules for the 2014 season. If he decides to leave F1 I'd be very surprised to see that happen before 2015...

At the rate they're going we probably won't have a new AC rule until after next years melbourne grand prix, so assuming Newey has done his job right he should have a little more free time.

BA on BBC News Hardtalk..... a lot of what everyone knows already....

'Americas Cup is sailings version of Formula 1 if you like'.

'Response from people in the street is suddenly I understand sailing..'

'Sailing is changing... a sport for athletes'

(UK sailing gets about $23m from the lottery)

'Im working incredibly hard to get the funding together'

'With a small team we have been working for a couple of years'

'Any Americas Cup team would jump at the chance to have Adrian Newey as part of their team'

'I have spoken to Adrian, not recently'.......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/red-bulls-adrian-newey-targeted-2657453

Red Bull's Adrian Newey targeted to design America's Cup boat for Ben Ainslie and Britain

30 Oct 2013 22:30

Yachting legend will be in Abu Dhabi for this weekend's Grand Prix and has set his cap at the F1 back-room wizard

He said the coming weeks, up to Christmas, will be crucial in shaping the British line-up as they hunt for £80million in backing.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/11/06/vettel-if-newey-goes-boating-he-will-come-back-with-a-huge-sunburn-which-is-not-right/

Vettel: If Newey goes boating, he will come back with a huge sunburn, which is not right

“Maybe someday,” Newey answered when asked if the America’s Cup is in his plans, “but not in the near future.”

~Stingray~, on 10 Nov 2013 - 03:56, said:

may as well go here; short on AC insights but a fun read anyway

--

America's Cup Insights From Bob Fisher Spice Royal St. George 175th Birthday

http://afloat.ie/blogs/sailing-saturday-with-wm-nixon/item/23775-americas-cup-insights-from-bob-fisher-spice-royal-st-george-175th-birthday

That's a mighty fine read from Winkie Nixon. Yes a bit thin on AC insights but some good glimpses of The Fish's charmed life.

Even further from the AC, Winkie didn't remind his readers that Questions were asked in Parliament after Fish took out the periscope on of one of HM's submarines while at the helm of Simon Le Bon's maxi Drum while sailing in Scotland. There's a nice account of it here: http://jboatnews.blogspot.co.nz/2011/06/bob-fisher-renown-americas-cup.html

That's a mighty fine read from Winkie Nixon. Yes a bit thin on AC insights but some good glimpses of The Fish's charmed life.

It's omits the occasion he hit Bembridge Ledge on the delivery back from Ouistreham, causing major damage and a call-out of the lifeboat. For those not local, this is a very well-known and entirely well-marked rocky bit near the eastern end of the Isle of Wight.

As it happened, I witnessed Barracuda leaving Ouistreham a few hours earlier. At least some on board were loudly and obnoxiously in the "you want a fight?" stage of a night's drinking. Whether that included Fisher himself, I was thankfully too far away to know.

^

Indeed. The atmosphere is downright mephitic, these days. I was wondering if you (or some other kind soul) could spare me the frustration of the daily check in, and pm me when things get back to "normal"

I haven't hit the wreck.

But I have seen a bit of it..... a brown rusted stub just poking its head above the waves..... about 5 metres off our starboard side.

That was quite close enough, thanks.

^

Indeed. The atmosphere is downright mephitic, these days. I was wondering if you (or some other kind soul) could spare me the frustration of the daily check in, and pm me when things get back to "normal"

Mephitic, excellent, I confess I had to look it up but I shall use it in a sentence.

I will PM you Xlot if I'm still here checking myself. Which I cannot promise.

^

Mephitic, excellent, I confess I had to look it up but I shall use it in a sentence.

I will PM you Xlot if I'm still here checking myself. Which I cannot promise.

Yep - great word. Quite appropriate in many ways ….

^

Mephitic, excellent, I confess I had to look it up.

I'm gonna have to do the same.

You could've posted the definition.

Ben Ainslie: 'Winning America's Cup in a British boat is the final hurdle'

Britain's multiple Olympic champion yachtsman who tipped the balance the US's way in this year's America's Cup would love to win for his own country – and for the memory of his friend

^

Remarks could be seen as preparation for an announcement at the London Boat Show (Jan 4-12), as has been rumoured. If nothing comes to pass out of that, then things won't be looking so good.

Based on the guarded confidence BA has expressed, including from NY when there to meet with JPM, there's a reasonably good chance he will announce that he has enough private investment to get started, and that he has reasonable confidence that commercial sponsorship will come through after the Protocol is agreed in March.

SKM is likely one of the early backers, there was a suggestion by SKM to that effect in late Oct/early Nov somewhere.

Based on the guarded confidence BA has expressed, including from NY when there to meet with JPM, there's a reasonably good chance he will announce that he has enough private investment to get started, and that he has reasonable confidence that commercial sponsorship will come through after the Protocol is agreed in March.

SKM is likely one of the early backers, there was a suggestion by SKM to that effect in late Oct/early Nov somewhere.

Just to put everything in perspective, you could search the AC forum for spinbots and sailer boys opinion of Sir Keith Mills....

I do get the feeling that BA's campaign announcements are very carefully crafted. He seems to be low balling almost exactly the right amount at each step. This is very good tactics. It gives the impression of success against difficulty at each step. The converse, of announcing overly ambitious goals, or overstating your position always leads to problems. You need to keep everyone interested, and always seeing small successful steps. Nominate achievable goals, and meet them. Saying that each goal is make or break is a good tactic (it may even be true), but again, when you meet it, it provides the impression of a well managed forward moving campaign, succeeding against difficult times. Done right this makes it much easier to go back to early backers and grind more money out of them. You never report setbacks or failures, so the momentum appears to be with you, yet you don't give the impression that it is all a done deal and thus maintain the expectation that more money will be needed.

So far BA has got this worked to perfection. I am impressed. If this is how his AC campaign is going to be managed, it is going to be good.

I hope he gets the financial backing he needs.

I'd love to see GBR back in the Cup.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BenAinslie1977/posts/683318488356680:0

The J.P. Morgan BAR display at the London Boat Show is starting to take shape. Come a long and say hello, Sir Ben Ainslie will be taking part in a live public Q&A on Wednesday 8th Jan at 1130am. Come along and ask Ben a question. There will also be some exciting J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race news announced.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BenAinslie1977/posts/683318488356680:0

The J.P. Morgan BAR display at the London Boat Show is starting to take shape. Come a long and say hello, Sir Ben Ainslie will be taking part in a live public Q&A on Wednesday 8th Jan at 1130am. Come along and ask Ben a question. There will also be some exciting J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race news announced.

Linky no workie....

would it be bad form to ask about the king post...?

Feel free to go along and make Ben angry. If you want to do that.

Wow, sailing anarchy sense of humor failure....

Let me guess the next line from ben would be "you don't want to make me angry"

It was a joke but all laughing aside it's pretty cool they have his boat somewhere for members of the public to prod and poke and ask about, if he pulls off the funding it will be awesome to have another syndicate in the mix

I assume from your spelling of "humour" that you aren't from the Southampton that's local to me. You don't get British humour. Never mind.

Appologies to the spelling police, yes Southampton England so maybe we will have to agree to disagree about what was a very lighthearted remark,

Anyway Rita looks good up here today, battle scars and wear proudly on display

Are there any news hounds at the boat show tomorrow? Any announcements expected from BAR?

The announcement will be along the lines of .

" We will absolutely have a team for AC35 !* "

" * If we get funding "

Are there any news hounds at the boat show tomorrow? Any announcements expected from BAR?

Ben Ainslie is announcing today, Wednesday, the entry of JP Morgan BAR in the Extreme Sailing Series. It will certainly be interesting to see who will be in his crew...

Sir Ben Ainslie has announced the continued partnership with long term sponsors J.P. Morgan who will support Ben Ainslie Racing’s (BAR) entry into the Extreme Sailing Series 2014 (ESS). In addition to this, J.P. Morgan also announced that their title sponsorship of the iconic Round the Island Race will continue to reside with J.P. Morgan Asset Management for a further two-year period up to and including 2016. These announcements came at the annual London Boat Show on the stand, exhibiting BAR’s AC45 that broke the Round the Island Race Multihull record last year.

Also revealed were three of the four sailors who will compete with Ainslie in the Extreme Sailing Series 2014: Team GB teammates and Beijing Olympic Gold Medallist’s, Paul Goodison and Pippa Wilson, alongside bowman Matt Cornwell, a previous Match Racing World Champion with Ainslie. The final crew member will be revealed before the first event of the season in Singapore.

Ainslie is looking forward to the season ahead. “It’s great J.P. Morgan BAR will be competing in this year’s Extreme Sailing Series and to have my long term sponsor J.P Morgan onboard with the team. J.P. Morgan has been such an important part of my sailing career for the last seven years, helping me achieve success in the Olympics and supporting BAR’s entry into the 2012/2013 America’s Cup World Series.” The team also continue to be supported by Henri Lloyd as their official technical clothing partner and Scorpion Ribs who are supplying the team chase and hospitality boats for the Series.

Ainslie has previously competed in the Extreme Sailing Series in 2011 for two events after qualifying for the London 2012 Olympics. It will be the first full Extreme Sailing Series for all three Olympic gold medallist.

Eager to get started on the new project Paul Goodison added “I’m excited to be sailing with such a talented British crew. The only experience I have had with the Extreme 40 until now was coaching the Omani boats in Cardiff in 2012, so its going to be good to get out racing.”

Crew List
Skipper/Helmsman – Sir Ben Ainslie (GBR)
Mainsail Trimmer / Tactician – Paul Goodison (GBR)
Bowman – Matt Cornwall (GBR)
Floater – Pippa Wilson (GBR)
Trimmer – TBC

As always, an unfortunately named position, but this time for a lovely person. How many women sail on the ESS? Good to see another join the ranks.

If Ben gets the dosh lined up, the first person he should try to sign is Adrian Newey. He must be bored with Red Bull by now.

Adrian has expressed interest, but not until he completes the redesign of the next gen F1, so timing might not be right for next series.

I guess this is the announcement that was previously rumoured to be an AC announcement. Oh well.

"Floater" is indeed an unfortunate term to use for somebody.

BA was interviewed this morning on BBC radio. (for those with access to iplayer - about 8:25 on the today programme).

in summary entry into the extreme sailing is in preparation for an Americas cup campaign. He is still fundraising. Sir keith mills will not commit until the protocol and costs are known.

fresh, bold mine

---

Published on Jan 8, 2014

http://extremesailingseries.com In 2014, the award-winning Extreme Sailing Series™ will embark on its most ambitious tour to date, with eight iconic Host Venues spanning three continents, over eleven months - including two brand new venues Saint Petersburg, Russia and Sydney, Australia. Nine elite level teams representing seven nations, will compete to win the coveted Extreme Sailing Series trophy, including Olympic legend Sir Ben Ainslie, Volvo Ocean Race winner Franck Cammas, reigning champion and British Olympian Leigh McMillan and double Olympic gold medallist Roman Hagara - to name a few! For the full list of competing teams, skippers and venues, read the full news article on the official website, http://extremesailingseries.com.

Find out where the elite level and pioneering Stadium Racing circuit is going in 2014, what the Series is all about and what the skippers have to say about it, in this compilation of the videos from the official launch held at the London Boat Show.

from http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/9107003/americas-cup-sir-ben-ainslie-keen-to-put-a-team-together-to-challenge-usa-team-oracle

"Getting the money together is probably the biggest challenge we face but we have had a lot of success and I am very humbled by the support we have had so far and I am very confident we can get that money together."

Ainslie will not commit to a British America's Cup team unless the rules give him a chance to win

Sir Ben Ainslie hopes rules will allow for realistic British America's ...

The Times (subscription)

Sir Ben Ainslie, the four-times Olympic sailing gold-medal winner, has said that he will only spearhead Britain's challenge for the next America's Cup ...

a snip from

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/08/ben-ainslie-americas-cup

--

Sir Ben Ainslie has revealed that his drive to win the America's Cup with a British team for the first time in the trophy's 163-year history is "in a good place" and that he has made significant progress towards raising the $100m required to try.

The four-times Olympic gold medallist, who endured a rollercoaster 2013 that encompassed the death of his close friend and fellow sailor Andrew "Bart" Simpson as well as a key role in masterminding one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time for Team Oracle in the America's Cup, said a final decision would be made in the spring, once the rules had been published.

Ainslie, announcing that his JP Morgan-sponsored Ben Ainslie Racing Team would compete in the Extreme Sailing Series in 2014 with a crew that includes the Olympic gold medallists Paul Goodison and Pippa Wilson, said he had made good progress on securing backing from private individuals.

Sir Keith Mills and Charles Dunstone, the backers of a previous failed bid to launch a British America's Cup team, are among those involved as well as "two or three" other private investors. Ainslie hopes to raise around half of the $100m required from private backers, with the rest from commercial sponsorship. "There's no fixed date for the publication of the rules but we expect some rough drafts in the next month or so and for that to be made public in the spring," he said.

contd

Oh….So we're back up to $100 million already?

And counting no doubt.

Oh….So we're back up to $100 million already?

And counting no doubt.

Team France was talking of 80 mil Euros. At approx 1.35$ per Euro ... do the math.

Sounding like almost a certainty here

--

If Ainslie is certain he can launch a credible challenge, he will be ready with cash and crew to attempt to bring the trophy home for the first time since it was first awarded in 1851. "We have private and commercial funding in place and we are putting a top team together on and off the water," said four-time Olympic gold medallist Ainslie.

"It would be foolish to commit before we know the protocol, but we are ready to kick on if it suits us."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/99203/Sailing-Ben-Ainslie-is-planning-on-bring-the-America-s-cup-back-to-Britain?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-other-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Other+Sport+Feed%29

I guess you can put him on your fully funded list already....

It's not so long ago you and your ubertroll mate were caliing for banning 'angry ben' from sailing...how soon we forget...

J.P. MORGAN EXTEND RACE SPONSORSHIP

9 Jan, 2014 At 9:00 by Island Echo

jpmorgansponsorship-350x179.jpgWith the start of this new year comes the announcement from the Island Sailing Club that the title sponsorship of the iconic Round the Island Race will continue to reside with J.P. Morgan Asset Management for a further two-year period up to and including 2016.

The Island Sailing Club, organisers of this most famous annual one-day Round the Island Race that was first held in 1931 and comprises a 50nm course around the Isle of Wight held each June, has enjoyed an enduring and constantly evolving relationship with J.P. Morgan.

The announcement took place at the London Boat Show yesterday (Wednesday) on the J.P. Morgan BAR AC45 stand, exhibiting the very boat which broke the Race Multihull record last year. In addition to the Race sponsorship continuation, J.P. Morgan has cemented its commitment to the sport of sailing by announcing title sponsorship of Sir Ben Ainslie and his team BAR in the Extreme Sailing Series 2014.

J.P. MORGAN EXTEND RACE SPONSORSHIP9 Jan, 2014 At 9:00 by Island Echo

jpmorgansponsorship-350x179.jpgWith the start of this new year comes the announcement from the Island Sailing Club that the title sponsorship of the iconic Round the Island Race will continue to reside with J.P. Morgan Asset Management for a further two-year period up to and including 2016.

The Island Sailing Club, organisers of this most famous annual one-day Round the Island Race that was first held in 1931 and comprises a 50nm course around the Isle of Wight held each June, has enjoyed an enduring and constantly evolving relationship with J.P. Morgan.

The announcement took place at the London Boat Show yesterday (Wednesday) on the J.P. Morgan BAR AC45 stand, exhibiting the very boat which broke the Race Multihull record last year. In addition to the Race sponsorship continuation, J.P. Morgan has cemented its commitment to the sport of sailing by announcing title sponsorship of Sir Ben Ainslie and his team BAR in the Extreme Sailing Series 2014.

MSP, that was posted yesterday!

fresh a fresh one at http://www.yachtingworld.com/blogs/matthew-sheahan/535880/british-cup-campaign-what-chance

--

History proves that it only takes the slightest hint that a British team may be formed for an America's Cup campaign for speculation to start, but this time it's different. While the keen sailing chatter from the Guinness stand to internet forums has sprung up as you'd expect, what sets this potential campaign apart is the incredible interest from the mainstream media.

J.P. MORGAN EXTEND RACE SPONSORSHIP9 Jan, 2014 At 9:00 by Island Echo

MSP, that was posted yesterday!

wow really - did you check and its the same ?

date is today - posted before - right that never happens -here

As always, an unfortunately named position, but this time for a lovely person. How many women sail on the ESS? Good to see another join the ranks.

1012040_10151911181192309_1251471870_n.j

Nacra 17 boom 1; Pippa Wilson 0. Ouch!

1012040_10151911181192309_1251471870_n.j

>Nacra 17 boom 1; Pippa Wilson 0. Ouch!

I thought blue eyeshadow was out.

Pleasant surprise to pick up this free paper on the train back from the Smoke last night and read a couple of interesting points here about Ross Brawn and how fundraising is going.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/ross-brawns-skill-set-would-be-perfect-for-americas-cup-challenge--qa-with-sir-ben-ainslie-9066455.html

Pleasant surprise to pick up this free paper on the train back from the Smoke last night and read a couple of interesting points here about Ross Brawn and how fundraising is going.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/ross-brawns-skill-set-would-be-perfect-for-americas-cup-challenge--qa-with-sir-ben-ainslie-9066455.html

Hopefully Ross is up for the challenge on his F1 sabbatical?

It will be interesting to see if F1 can really crossover their technology/design/build ethos...

I wonder how many other f1 technical managers/designers are also sailors? And would be up for it to share their input?

Mike Gascoigne an ex lotus designer/principal is the only other I know of http://www.mgiconsultancy.com/services/maritime/

According to London Evening Standard on 17 th of January:

Question:

How much are you involved on the raising of finances [estimated at about £60m] and does it all get a bit like Dragons’ Den, pitching to millionaires and billionaires?

Ben Ainsley answered:

I’m heading up that side of it, too, but Sir Keith Mills (founder of Air Miles International) and Charles Dunstone (co-founder of The Carphone Warehouse and chairman of the TalkTalk Group) have been very helpful. It has been a new avenue for me and it’s something I’m happy to do. But it is odd standing in front of successful businessmen and asking them, ‘Will you get involved or not?’ I remember saying in one meeting, ‘This isn’t Dragons’ Den, you know’ when I was getting grilled by one of the entrepreneurs. So there have been some moments like that but there have been some amazing meetings, too.

post-17796-0-25859100-1390127310_thumb.jpg

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Mills

who pays BA? sponsor? he will be an mericun next lap

According to BAR site itself they hired fellow dutchman Tienpo(i)nt.as a bowman.

post-17796-0-47342800-1390820661_thumb.jpg

Good choice, Nice and good guy. Muscles and brains too.

Designer still not sure. That will be critical I think.

According to BAR site itself they hired fellow dutchman Tienpo(i)nt.as a bowman.

attachicon.gifsimeon tienpont.jpg

Good choice, Nice and good guy. Muscles and brains too.

Designer still not sure. That will be critical I think.

Intresting - I had the impression he played quite a substantial role in OTUSA...

Perhaps Lipton is interested.

History wise.

BA should go and chase sponsorship from Argyll. Sadly the successor to TOM Sopwith's legacy is now US owned, and probably not interested. Woolworth of course even less so.

I would stick to someone who already designed an AC 72.

Still a fan of Juan Kouyoumdjan. And yes, even what happened after the Artemis AC 72.

Is Juan forbidden by law from Artemis to design for other teams as well?

Is he still within Artemis, the ac 35 site doesn't say anything about it except:

" Artemis Racing has signed designers Michel Kermarec and Thiha “Winnie” Win, who will join returning designers Adam May and Nico Rousselon, as the team prepares a possible AC35 bid.

“The America’s Cup is not just about innovative design or sailing talent, but about how they work together successfully,” said Artemis Racing owner Torbjörn Törnqvist. “We’re pleased to have Michel and Winnie join our team to help exemplify Artemis Racing’s collaborative spirit as we move toward the next Cup.”

Michel brings a wealth of experience to Artemis Racing, having served as a key member of Oracle Team USA’s design team during their AC33 and AC34 victories. He specializes in performance prediction and appendage design, and holds a PhD in hydrodynamics. Michel is a talented sailor, and represented France in the Soling class at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.

Winnie has been involved in many high-profile advanced engineering projects all over the world in both marine and non-marine industries. After a very successful period in motor sport in the early 2000s, he turned his attention to America’s Cup yacht design in AC32, with Luna Rossa Challenge. Winnie was a key member of BMW Oracle Racing’s design team during their victorious AC33, and was part of Emirates Team New Zealand’s successful AC34.

On joining the team Winnie said: “We hope this next America’s Cup will be racing on foiling catamarans and continue to excite sailors, designers and general public alike. I’m extremely excited to be joining such a talented group of sailors and designers, and look forward to pushing myself to the limits to find success with Artemis Racing.”

Nico, a specialist in aerodynamics, graduated from Southampton Institute in 2004 with a BEng in Yacht and Powercraft Design, before specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics with an MSc at Southampton University. In 2007, he integrated the Cape Horn Engineering (then CFD branch of Juan Yacht Design) to start the aero side of the company. His skills were further developed through two Volvo Ocean Race wins (Ericsson4 and Groupama).

Adam competed for Great Britain at the Sydney Olympics in the Tornado class, and is an aeronautical engineer by trade, having worked for Airbus UK in their wind tunnel and design office. He was a technical coach for TeamOrigin and Skandia TeamGBR, working closely with Iain Percy and Andrew Simpson during their successful 2008 and 2012 Olympic campaigns. Adam was part of the AC32 Victory Challenge team, before joining Artemis Racing for AC34.

“It is great to be back with Artemis Racing, and roll straight into things,” said Adam. “We are very fortunate to have attracted top designers like Michel and Winnie to our team and who share in our vision. I’m looking forward to working with Nico again as well, a young talent who I was fortunate to work alongside last time around.”

Artemis Racing continues to assess the criteria for the next America’s Cup, and is in the meantime building a winning team based on experience, talent and collaboration, and looks forward to making additional team announcements soon."

And I know this is an UK thread. But I think Artemis is further than BAR.

Are most Aussies not Poms?

A lot of Aussies were poms long time ago. That's why they ended up in oz. Today they are free people living a very good life as free people in a very good country. The poms, sorry I mean the Brits on the other hand are still prisoners under the queen.

The poms, sorry I mean the Brits on the other hand are still prisoners under the queen.

That's right. Every morning I have to sing "God Save the Queen", otherwise she personally comes round to chop off my head.

You really don't know much about the constitutional arrangements of AUS, do you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Australia

Money still seems to be the big Issue for Ben. According to Sources he has only secured 35 of 100 Mio Pounds he needs to get to the Startline for 2017.

I seriously doubt Sources have a clue how much he has raised. Or that you'll need US$150M to get to the start line. If he's raised £35M already (which I doubt) that would be game on.

Again a lot of positive noise with a distinct lack of anything specific...

It was even the interviewer who suggested Brawn, BA hadn't even spoken to him yet!

Maybe he is now a serious prospect seeing as he has apparently 'retired' from F1