Barnyb

Team UK

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

If he cuts ties with Ratcliffe, its campaign over.

That's what he should do. I really hope Ainslie never ever wins the Cup. Boykott it Ben!

• Downvote 2

Just now, dg_sailingfan said:

That's what he should do. I really hope Ainslie never ever wins the Cup. Boykott it Ben!

Hahahaha You're a fuckin idiot!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Hopefully that Ineos Team gets tormetted during their entire stay in Auckland. I want 6K Protesters every Day at their Base throwing potatoes, tomatoes, salad, whatever at them.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Hopefully that Ineos Team gets tormetted during their entire stay in Auckland. I want 6K Protesters every Day at their Base throwing potatoes, tomatoes, salad, whatever at them.

"tormetted" lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

DG a4e sock puppet made up named mother fucker   . I wonder how long it will be till you realise everyone thinks you being a bit of a cunt? 

Fuck the "being a bit of" part and you are already too late! :-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Hahahaha You're a fuckin idiot!

Why are you being so polite!

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Good clear shots of T5 maneuvering.

They still seem to be testing both flat and anhedral foils.... and they have a sail secrets they wish to hide :-)

10 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Will you just shut the fuck up, you demented little prick. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

They still seem to be testing both flat and anhedral foils.... and they have a sail secrets they wish to hide :-)

They also have a different rudder foil from when they were in Portsmouth, flat rather than anhedral (gullwing) 

A couple of snippets there ripping through some chop, scale that up in proportion (AC75/T5) and it looks positive.

They have some polished manoeuvres to show for themselves by now - as well as some snap-crashes, obviously a question remains as to how well the AC75s (and crews) will stand up to 'spinning out' like that when they loose grip.

The good point of this boat is the volume in the bow which limits risks of pitchpoling, as we could see in the video.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mad said:

Will you just shut the fuck up, you demented little prick. 

Don't

The troll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

The good point of this boat is the volume in the bow which limits risks of pitchpoling, as we could see in the video.

I still expect a lot of carnage with these new AC 75 Boats once they finally have been launched unless they can get the stability fixed.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, dg_sailingfan said:

I still expect a lot of carnage with these new AC 75 Boats once they finally have been launched unless they can get the stability fixed.

Shut the fuck up.

Gotta love that they end their video with "...there is no second."  Just think how long that quote must have haunted Thomas Lipton.

26 minutes ago, WindySurfer said:

Gotta love that they end their video with "...there is no second."  Just think how long that quote must have haunted Thomas Lipton.

Ainslie made a big mistake with the sponsorship and he will pay for it. Eventually the British Team will be teared apart because of the bad publicity. They will be the most scrutinized Team in Auckland. They should withdraw.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Ainslie made a big mistake with the sponsorship and he will pay for it. Eventually the British Team will be teared apart because of the bad publicity. They will be the most scrutinized Team in Auckland. They should withdraw.

Fuck off you stupid cunt!

7 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The only person that should have withdrawn was your dad.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

To be fair, he was going to complain to his father but his mum stopped him and said "the customer is always right"

55 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

If only his mother had swallowed that time. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:37 AM, Forourselves said:

Good clear shots of T5 maneuvering.

It looks like most of the foiling footage is speed up while a lot of the other footage is slowed down.

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I really will go after INEOS for the next two years until Ratcliffe is imprisoned for the crap he is doing.

Spoken like a true lunatic stalker    :lol:

• Like 2

I really will go after INEOS for the next two years until Ratcliffe is imprisoned for the crap he is doing.

How'd the protest go last weekend?

What? Like running a business successfully and legally? 

Good luck getting him imprisoned for that.

Clean, the protest at the start of the bike race? Where 15000 anti Ineos masks had been handed out for a huge sustained protest to show Ineos what the public think of them? 50 people turned up... 

Plus when the assembled media had it pointed out maybe they should be asking The teams sponsored by Total and Engie the same “hard hitting questions” they all shut the fuck up . 

Can we vote someone off the SAAC island? Like seriously... He's going off the deep end again...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Clean, the protest at the start of the bike race? Where 15000 anti Ineos masks had been handed out for a huge sustained protest to show Ineos what the public think of them? 50 people turned up... 

Yeah that's what I thought.  Radcliffe is a douche but you can't elect governments who issue permits for fracking and then bitch about fracking without looking like an idiot.

He is a douche based on what? Personal experience or the internet?  I mean if it’s because you met him and he was a dick in how he behaved, attitude etc then fine, if it’s because you saw a headline on the internet? 

Its a case of people being jolly brave on the internet saying they will go and protest but by the time it comes to do anything they either can’t be bothered or they have  moved onto the next super worthy subject that needs their special brand of useless activism 

On 5/5/2019 at 1:06 AM, dg_sailingfan said:

Oh yes and Emirates, owned and operated in the UAE, a country renowned for its human rights...

this is a sailing race. sponsors give money and lots of it so us idiots can bitch about whos faster or slower. Be thankful. 

I’m just waiting to see if he’s true to his word and turns up complete with signs for his protest!?? 

13 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

The four-time Olympic gold medallist sailor, writing in a column in the Sunday Telegraph, also spoke of Ineos founder and owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s management style, as well as insisting that the company is “part of the answer” to ocean pollution and wider environmental issues.

Good to see Ben towing the company line...........:lol:

All Jim’s leaders on the same talk track - Right on the same speaking points as Froome one week ago.... All he left out was pointing out a different team like Froome did on the sly (eluded to oil company sponsorships of cycling teams and the potential human right violations of the team  UAE backer)....,

"I totally get the criticism," said Ainslie. "We have never shied away from it. Especially in the wake of the Extinction Rebellion movement and the recent protests in London. It is a very hot topic right now, and rightly so.

"We care deeply about cleaning up our oceans, finding solutions to environmental threats. We are still absolutely committed to these issues.”

Defending Ineos and Ratcliffe, he continued: "What I would say, though, is that there are lots of valid concerns, but not many solutions.

4 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Ben, Ben, oh Ben

Why the heck are you defending Jim Ratcliffe? C'mon, stop this!

You really are a clueless fuck at times.  What the fuck else do you expect him to do? He funding the project to the tune of £130 million. That includes all their wages! 

Grow up you child. 

Hell, for 130 million I’d find nice things to say about Charles Manson!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DHFiend said:

All Jim’s leaders on the same talk track - Right on the same speaking points as Froome one week ago.... All he left out was pointing out a different team like Froome did on the sly (eluded to oil company sponsorships of cycling teams and the potential human right violations of the team  UAE backer)....,

"I totally get the criticism," said Ainslie. "We have never shied away from it. Especially in the wake of the Extinction Rebellion movement and the recent protests in London. It is a very hot topic right now, and rightly so.

"We care deeply about cleaning up our oceans, finding solutions to environmental threats. We are still absolutely committed to these issues.”

Defending Ineos and Ratcliffe, he continued: "What I would say, though, is that there are lots of valid concerns, but not many solutions.

When a team is sponsored by TOTAL the oil company, you don’t need to be especially sly about it. 

• Like 1

Two out of three pressys say land Rover not so good. Ben is probably better off where he is, even if he is worried sick about "valid concerns".

Screenshot_20190520-135956_Google.jpg

8 minutes ago, barfy said:

Two out of three pressys say land Rover not so good. Ben is probably better off where he is, even if he is worried sick about "valid concerns".

Screenshot_20190520-135956_Google.jpg

I’m sure any sickness is alleviated by a healthy bank balance. :P

I am starting to become concerned that I find Ben more likeable than anyone on American Magic.  

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

I am starting to become concerned that I find Ben more likeable than anyone on American Magic.  

Kinda like Trump versus Brexit.

22 hours ago, Varan said:

Kinda like Trump versus Brexit.

UK: Brexit is the stupidest thing the public have ever voted for!

USA: Hold my beer!

6 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Mast arrives at spice island

Fuck me that's big.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, Mozzy Sails said:

Mast arrives at spice island

Massive, I want to see that self righting...

Each boat is allowed 3 masts, so 2 to go. Will there be light, heavy and all–purpose versions?

2 hours ago, RobG said:

Each boat is allowed 3 masts, so 2 to go. Will there be light, heavy and all–purpose versions?

Pretty sure they are a close one design.

6 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Well it's certainly got sufficient volume to float if it has enough sealed volume.  I believe a certain amount is specified in the class rules.  Always helps to be on your side rather than turtled.

3 hours ago, Boybland said:

Well it's certainly got sufficient volume to float if it has enough sealed volume.  I believe a certain amount is specified in the class rules.  Always helps to be on your side rather than turtled.

First it should not break when falling, then it will float, the sail double skin must not fill with water, and the boat will have to be towed to face the wind.

I think self righting will only be possible boat is perfectly positioned and the wind gets the sail out of the water.

10 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

No bigger than an ORMA 60 mast.

2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

First it should not break when falling, then it will float, the sail double skin must not fill with water, and the boat will have to be towed to face the wind.

I think self righting will only be possible boat is perfectly positioned and the wind gets the sail out of the water.

It's certainly one of the aspects I am keen to see tested, it will be interesting to see what manipulating the foil positions allows.  But even assisted righting if it's relatively easy is a big plus as far as getting home and having the boat back out again the next time it's required.

I can't see anyone losing it and then winning a race afterwards anyway.

2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

It's certainly one of the aspects I am keen to see tested, it will be interesting to see what manipulating the foil positions allows.  But even assisted righting if it's relatively easy is a big plus as far as getting home and having the boat back out again the next time it's required.

I can't see anyone losing it and then winning a race afterwards anyway.

• Like 1

Grant Simmer on winning this cup and some nice sailing footage. (Sorry if this has been posted before but came into my feed as new)

On 5/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, Fiji Bitter said:

Pretty sure they are a close one design.

Only external dimensions and minimum layup schedule, there is no weight or other restrictions. More detail in another thread.