• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MainGorse

The Shameless Patriotic Kiwi Thread.

The Shameless Patriotic Kiwi Thread?

Besides sheep is there any other kind?

OK heerz a thorny kwestchin, and I want onnist arnserz from kiwiz:

If TNZ hav wun there last race in this matsh, whot sort of welcom hoam will thay get ?

If TNZ hav wun there last race in this matsh, whot sort of welcom hoam will thay get ?

Come on that's not fair. Now I have to question my, and Grants, place in the Universe all over again.

Such eggistensh dylemm things are too hard to contemplate, after playing AC drinking games.

As long as they try their hardest (IE they don't fuck it up), we'll just forget we were ever excited about it and it'll be on the 12th page of the paper. We'll drink some beers and go back to the rugby.

We've had enough painful losses in the AC and the Rugby world cup let alone our shocking cricket team, to think we'll win everything. We just chalk it up to the fact we're a tiny country of 4 mill and say "we did pretty well considering"

Is this take your sheep to work day in New Zealand?

Yes, with red socks on. It looks smart, and reminds the sheep how lucky it is, to get shagged, or eaten. Plus, the boss will just send you home, so you can watch TV.

HA HA! - At least you guys have something to be patriotic about - OR Team USA have one USA national on the boat, kina hard to be patriotic about that

Their eventis run by an Aussie, teh team CEO is a Kiwi and the sailing team is reduced to one yank. Can't wait for Dalts to introduce the nationality rules but I reckon there will be an awful lot of Kiwis establishing residence in foreign fields when he does.

Potentially only (hang on - have to do the world clock maths here) 12-14 hours before the party begins (unless the wind is too strong) I think Shanghai is 15 hours ahead of SF?

Go go go Aeteroa (hope I spelled her name right, apologies if I didn't.)

See ya on the water

SS

The Shameless Patriotic Kiwi Thread?

Besides sheep is there any other kind?

is there wistful font...?

from rugby, cricket and netball supporters

or sailors?

It will be the same as the reception they got from those on the dock after losing the race to OR on the 8th. Lots of support and a chorus of "we'll get em next time".

I reckon they would get a pretty good reception - the team has put in a creditable effort - far more so in the public's eyes than the 2003 event. GD is not universally loved back here, but certainly deeply respected for what he has achieved

^ Thought this was a bit cheesy first time round. Then I spotted the guy getting "lucky" in the bushes with his red socks on at 24s. LOL. Lots going on, far too busy when seeing it on TV, is pretty clever. Orsum.

I have a feeling the universe, the galaxies, all energy and matter, and of course planet Earth and humankind, will be returning to their natural states and order tomorrow morning. Sleep well New Zealand, catch you on the flipside.

So, how many AC fans would be happy if the event lead the evening news broadcast every night of the match, if the AC was the number one "water cooler" subject in the country, if 1/4 of the population tuned in to the racing, if it was pretty common for office fridges to be stocked with bubbles on the day of potential final races and the expectation that there may be a drop in national productivity on that final day?

As much as there may be some wanky "fanboys" about, and as many of us "instant AC experts" there are, you cannot deny the passion, and if we win it again, there will be no doubt of the passion that this small country will put into the defence. I dont see why that pisses off some of you haters (one in particular), isn't this what you want for your event?

Bring it on, one to go, and with a little luck we will see you all here in NZ in a few years time, where I hope we can live up to our own expectations as hosts.

One more sleep....then "Good Mornin America, how are ya??""".....Larry'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done!!"

Glad the universe didn't realign itself this morning as 9am is a rather critical time of the day for me and the second race is usually missed. This way I get to watch the win and bask a little bit before heading out to the crease.

Can't help but think that RD is giving BA a lesson in tactical positioning after watching a replay of race 10 and 11 - RD thinks 5 to 8mins ahead of where tnz should be, where as BA is reacting to TNZ moves and only thinking about the now. Nice work Razor......this AC finals series has played out like an American Soap opera - what's next?

I reckon they would get a pretty good reception - the team has put in a creditable effort - far more so in the public's eyes than the 2003 event. GD is not universally loved back here, but certainly deeply respected for what he has achieved

Wish I was still in Auckland to turn up.

There is however one problem, Auckland city has a lot of asians and they are often confused about such celebrations.

This happened one time with an All Blacks celebration, just a lot of asians looking very confused having no idea what it is about.

Hopefully good event planning can minimize this with times etc...

Wish I was still in Auckland to turn up.

There is however one problem, Auckland city has a lot of asians and they are often confused about such celebrations.

This happened one time with an All Blacks celebration, just a lot of asians looking very confused having no idea what it is about.

Hopefully good event planning can minimize this with times etc...

What planet are you on?