• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D Wayne G

Why 20:13

I can't for the life if me understand why the races are not started 11:15 instead of 13;15. I'm sorry but it just seems so obvious. But who am I?

Wayne Gorrie

It all has to do with TV scheduling . NBC sports has a bow hunting show on at the earlier time slot . It's all a matter of priorities :)

Just delay the AC, broadcast it as scheduled for TV, but run the race earlier. That's not a new concept.

Not a new concept but losing the " live " aspect would certainly reduce the viewership ( and revenue if any ) of the broadcast.

Loosing the "live" aspect didn't bother them the slightest for the Olympics for which they payed, but ACEA (i.e. LE) is the main revenue for this event.

It all has to do with TV scheduling . NBC sports has a bow hunting show on at the earlier time slot . It's all a matter of priorities :)

And if it were a bass fishing tourney or a poker show we wouldn't get to see sailing at all. :wacko:

Not a new concept but losing the " live " aspect would certainly reduce the viewership ( and revenue if any ) of the broadcast.

Loosing the "live" aspect didn't bother them the slightest for the Olympics for which they payed, but ACEA (i.e. LE) is the main revenue for this event.

So, showing nothing is still better than not being "live"? The customers may have a different opinion.

I think we should take more pride in having woken every Kiwi up at 4am for 2 weeks straight. 3am would have been even more fun.

They did actually cut off a hunting show for the postponed race on Wednesday and i kinda have to wonder if some of the Bass fishing show crowd tuned in to see something awesome.

ESPN still has it BURIED on their webpage, under OLYMPIC SPORTS. I wish i were joking.