• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert B

New BRJ-39

What do you think about this?
This is my new project of yacht ...

Mor info on

www.brj-design.com 

cache_2438595767.jpg?t=1379488269

cache_2438697247.jpg?t=1379880394

BRJ 39

Displacement - 8,6tonne
L - 12m
Beam - 3,95m
Draft to Baseline - 2200mm
Immersed depth - 2199,8mm
Lwl - 1180mm
Beam wl - 3262,4mm
Main Sail - 45m2
genoa - 44m2
Engine - 45hp

cache_2438546905.jpg?t=1379331342

Robert B

www.brj-design.com

I have no urge to ad ... just want to make sure that do not wander with my design.
This is not a product ... will the product - I hope ...

I went to the doctor last week, he said that I was fat.

I told him that I wanted a second opinion.

He said "You're ugly, too!"

Yup, Fat and Ugly. Probably slow, too.

I suppose it's an improvement over your previous submissions (see his avatar). Traveller track is curved the wrong way. GA could use work. The mast must be deck stepped because I don`t see it in the GA, or is it that little dot at the edge of the table, between what looks like a couple of stools. Forward head is very narrow, unless the boat is extremely slab sided. Aft head looks like a lot of wasted space. I really don`t like the 2 tiered life lines - look like they are just waiting to impale someone. I won`t comment on the aesthetics.

You`ve got to realize designing sailboats goes beyond just styling exercises, which is what all your submissions so far have been. I`ve yet to see any lines plans, proper deck and general arrangements, proper specs, etc. , the list goes on, nothing but pretty (not literally) pictures. The way I see it, the only way to get anyone interested in building one of your designs is to first design (and have built) a more conventional design. Once it is established you can actually design a boat, maybe someone will take a gamble with one of your more ``unusual`` designs.

Either that or pay to have a yard build one of your boats to get yourself established. In the past many yacht designers started out this way.

That is an impressive amount of space and accommodations. I'd be interested to see a Body Plan.

The others may laugh, but from 1970-1979 Bayliner sold quite a few of the Buccaneer line of sailboats with a similarly unique esthetic.

just want to make sure that do not wander with my design.

Sorry to tell you but you HAVE wandered - right outside the environment.

You get an A for thinking outside the box but that's it.

In truth, you do not like? Sorry for the nerves .... Again, I hope you talk to serious people, and again I failed. Except those who have made the effort to think.

cache_2438769743.jpg?t=1380186072

I suppose it's an improvement over your previous submissions (see his avatar). Traveller track is curved the wrong way. GA could use work. The mast must be deck stepped because I don`t see it in the GA, or is it that little dot at the edge of the table, between what looks like a couple of stools. Forward head is very narrow, unless the boat is extremely slab sided. Aft head looks like a lot of wasted space. I really don`t like the 2 tiered life lines - look like they are just waiting to impale someone. I won`t comment on the aesthetics.

You`ve got to realize designing sailboats goes beyond just styling exercises, which is what all your submissions so far have been. I`ve yet to see any lines plans, proper deck and general arrangements, proper specs, etc. , the list goes on, nothing but pretty (not literally) pictures. The way I see it, the only way to get anyone interested in building one of your designs is to first design (and have built) a more conventional design. Once it is established you can actually design a boat, maybe someone will take a gamble with one of your more ``unusual`` designs.

Either that or pay to have a yard build one of your boats to get yourself established. In the past many yacht designers started out this way.

What he said

Of course you are quite right. But have to try. You're right, it's just rendering. rails should be double and will. Yes, I will build its own zkresie lacht. I'm sure it will be fine sailing.
Renderings are weak. They will be better when I get my 3D Studio Max Design. The yacht is designed in accordance with European regulations for Class oceanic "A".
Is there anyone someone will like it?

cache_2438595763.jpg?t=1379488231

cache_2438595746.jpg?t=1379488130

calculated velocity vector.
without a spinnaker and without reefing sails.
wind speed of 6 to 20 knots.

cache_2438720154.png?t=1380001968

Of course you are quite right. But have to try. You're right, it's just rendering. rails should be double and will. Yes, I will build its own zkresie lacht. I'm sure it will be fine sailing.

Renderings are weak. They will be better when I get my 3D Studio Max Design. The yacht is designed in accordance with European regulations for Class oceanic "A".

Is there anyone someone will like it?

cache_2438595763.jpg?t=1379488231

cache_2438595746.jpg?t=1379488130

calculated velocity vector.

without a spinnaker and without reefing sails.

wind speed of 6 to 20 knots.

cache_2438720154.png?t=1380001968F

First, for a modern 39 footer those VPP numbers are pretty pedestrian. And for a cruising boat, that's a pretty extreme amount of heel. Maybe try a catamaran?

cache_2439330745.jpg?t=1382225931

Maybe it's better now?

i kinda like this, it is very different. Defiantly outside the white fiberglass run- of-the-mill cookie cuter designs. Color gives it the cold molded plywood look. Looks like it would be an adventure to sail, a bit on the heavy side for my taste.

I hate to say it, but that is absolutely hideous. Seriously, that is a really, really ugly boat. I wish I could've said that in a less rude way, but there really isn't any way to sugar coat it.

cache_2439330745.jpg?t=1382225931

Maybe it's better now?

i kinda like this, it is very different. Defiantly outside the white fiberglass run- of-the-mill cookie cuter designs. Color gives it the cold molded plywood look. Looks like it would be an adventure to sail, a bit on the heavy side for my taste.

Paint it the exact same colour as the background.

cache_2439330714.jpg?t=1382225766

For an extremely convenient to 220 cm in height in the cabin.

Safe, remains positive righting of up to 150 degrees of tilt

Robert B, love the design. keep working at it. As a designer you know that most of the morons around you do not like change even if it is for the better.

1389_3580941900087_522096044_n.jpg

Thank you. Without trying other flavors we would not know that something can be tasty.

;-)