• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saxdog

Nice Pair

How about a 1974 Triumph TR6 and a 1974 International Tempest? Not near as nice but classics nonetheless.

09-29-06_1252.jpg

No, I don't tow the Tempest with the Triumph.

always liked the TR6 would still like to have one. Closest I got was a Spitfire then squeezed a GT6 motor in it. Still did well with the hotties that wanted to take a ride. Oh nice boat also.

The Austin-Healey pair in the comments is cool.... but weird photos

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=382784

yeah, just who exactly is going to back the rear ends of these cars into the water....

Exactly what I was thinking! I wouldn't back them into a lake, let alone the salty stuff!

Maybe they have tilt trailers....and they just drop them off into their own Olympic size pools?....

I enjoy pulling up to a ramp towing my Tempest with the wife's Magnum. As my turn at the ramp came up you could hear all the truck doors opening as the redneck got out to watch me launch. I would swing around and start backing down the ramp until the tire on the trailer just touched the water. Then I would get out, chock the wheels and detach the hitch from the ball and pull forward a foot or two.

Then I would deploy my 25' tow strap, hook it to the trailer tongue and to the ball and pull forward to tension. Get out, pull the chocks and back the boat into the water. Rinse repeat for the tow out.

Funny to watch them all walk back to their trucks shaking their heads.

I enjoy pulling up to a ramp towing my Tempest with the wife's Magnum. As my turn at the ramp came up you could hear all the truck doors opening as the redneck got out to watch me launch. I would swing around and start backing down the ramp until the tire on the trailer just touched the water. Then I would get out, chock the wheels and detach the hitch from the ball and pull forward a foot or two.

Then I would deploy my 25' tow strap, hook it to the trailer tongue and to the ball and pull forward to tension. Get out, pull the chocks and back the boat into the water. Rinse repeat for the tow out.

Funny to watch them all walk back to their trucks shaking their heads.

You should of seen the looks The Nurse & I used to get down in Baja when we had the old WinnieBago. Used to pull a 15' center console with us. Found a whole lotta shitty roads that led to a lotta secluded beaches down there. We'd have to air down our tires to get to most of them---places that most motor homes couldn't or wouldn't bother with. Shocked a lot of the 4x guys. But we'd pick our own little spot and set up camp---then un-hitch the boat, spin the truck around an reattach it to the ball on the front bumper. Then slowly slide the trailer into the water. You'd be amazed at far we could get that trailer down hill, and with the traction a pair of duallies can give you on semi-soft sand. Good times......

2634005357_4d86714c42.jpg

You're rolling with the big dogs now, Woofers.

It's a McBortion....

Ed found that a couple of years ago, thread here: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=127427

The actual owner of that Ridgeline and Mac26x then backtracked the photo a year later and posted in that same thread. He seemed like a nice fella, said that the trucklet was reliable and that he and his family had a lot of fun with the boat.