Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultaracer613um

Harbor 20, a sportboat? Could be!

I'm not sure claiming a boat is as fast as a j/70 is a great marketing ploy, but I will give them credit for teh funnies.

Ha ha -- as I've heard one designer say "listen there is only so much you can do with 20ft" the J/70 since the day the specs were published hasn't been a light boat. LOL

They should have hired Jim Lee to work on the J/70 it would have weighed 500lbs less than it does today ;-)

wow I sail in the J/70 fleet occasionally and that is the biggest pile of BS I have ever seen.........talk about stretching the truth

Hey man, it's on the Internet. Means it must me true. Take it from me, a French model.

I thought it was one of the more clever (entertaining) pieces of marketing I've seen in a while.

wow I sail in the J/70 fleet occasionally and that is the biggest pile of BS I have ever seen.........talk about stretching the truth

I mean they are not saying the boats are equal, just that they are surprisingly close in VMG when sailed on the same course.

Look how many people just went and read about a Harbor 20 and looked at some tattooed boobies! It is good marketing.

Its true!

Ultra is a French Model.post-13437-0-93317900-1380802689.png

AND the Harbor 20 is at least as fast as a J70, maybe faster. I got smoked by a Harbor 20 just the other day.

Nice one Sascha! (Owner of Schock Boats and Owner of Viper #163)

Hey man, it's on the Internet. Means it must me true. Take it from me, a French model.

I thought it was one of the more clever (entertaining) pieces of marketing I've seen in a while.

How did I not see those tats before? Be enough to send some of the codgers at my club into cardiac arrest. How the GEICO gecko at the helm with tat girl as crew?

...definitely one of the more humorous ad's going...

....other than using the sportboat moniker,they seem to claim to be rather un-sportboaty,,

,,,cept for inferences to speed :mellow:

....they would seem to be a decent boat for what they call themselves-a harbor racer,,,

,,,makes me think of racing inside some of those socal harbors such as alimitos or newport....

...'cept for having a masthead chute-kinda changes the game :huh:

6924, did ya forget about the sail area?

Brilliant stuff Sascha! LOL

Looking at those crew pics, I'm tempted to move to SoCal and buy a Harbor 20. Only I don't want to go as slow as a ....

Hey rock, word is they are going to introduce over a dozen enhancements to the boat.

So hold that thought

Brilliant stuff Sascha! LOL

Looking at those crew pics, I'm tempted to move to SoCal and buy a Harbor 20. Only I don't want to go as slow as a ....

Probably the best marketing Schock has had in a long time! Made the front page!

nice tattoos

I believe they are termed "tit twos"

Ta-Ta's...

Haha that article is great! I sail my Harbor 20 out of Mission Bay Yacht Club in San Diego. Easiest boat to sail fast I can think of, usually with my 9 and 7 year old daughters crewing with me. This boat always puts a smile on my face.

Gotta dial up one of those asym kits...

There will be a fleet of H 20's racing this weekend at the South Carolina Yacht Club during the "Offshore Challenge",

I will lookout for the additional fenders..

Sail safe!

Is there another OD class that promotes racing with dogs aboard ?

Hey my Red Doberman was pretty respected crew on the U20. Always first to the rail, and when sailing solo with the Doberman his 75lbs on the rail made a difference.

75 lb doberman?? Geez..... big dog. Didn't think they got that big.

75 lb doberman?? Geez..... big dog. Didn't think they got that big.

65-75Lbs is the proper breed size though now days the Euro line is pushing 100+ which case its not a Doberman. My 15 week old Dober will probably be in the 70lb range both parents are on the smaller end of the scale. My old Red was put down in July 15yrs old healthy zero issues except his airway collapsing to the point he could not catch his breath. Very Sad day. Our new Baby Red has some big shoes to fill. So far so good.

That must be a smart dog on board a U20 - where is he during gybes, hoists, douses ?

That must be a smart dog on board a U20 - where is he during gybes, hoists, douses ?

Up wind he liked the rail front most spot when we have two adults on board + dog. When approaching windward mark and prepping the kite and pole without any input from us he would step down to the cabin and curl up in his bed in the V-berth and re-appear after the douse. Even when we finished a race in hail and lightning he was up on the rail loving life. RIP - he was put down in July at 15yrs of age 100% healthy except the collapsing airway making it hard to breath.

Our 15week old Red Dobie has some big shoes to fill though so far he's looking like a winner and maybe he can learn how to trim? LOL

Up wind he liked the rail front most spot when we have two adults on board + dog. When approaching windward mark and prepping the kite and pole without any input from us he would step down to the cabin and curl up in his bed in the V-berth and re-appear after the douse. Even when we finished a race in hail and lightning he was up on the rail loving life. RIP - he was put down in July at 15yrs of age 100% healthy except the collapsing airway making it hard to breath.

Our 15week old Red Dobie has some big shoes to fill though so far he's looking like a winner and maybe he can learn how to trim? LOL

Keep us posted - didn't know they were water friendly pets

Keep us posted - didn't know they were water friendly pets

Our old guy sunk like a rock but liked the water as long as he could see the bottom he would go in up to his chest. The little guy has already been in the pool by mistake and is quite the swimmer. Interesting little genetic aspect of the Doberman ie by design. Their claws are very high up on their toes its one of the few breeds that are silent and wood floor friendly ie no claws on the floor. Add grippy boots and they stick to the deck of a sailboat like glue.