• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jnavas

Video: Melges 24 Worlds Videos - October 2013

Thanks for collating the great footage JN.

youtube does a fine job of mashing them up with all things sail boat. Make em into a playlist.

Why were they overstanding so much? I know of the famous SF bay area tides, but they seem to be not very much going siey-ways.?

[1] Thanks for collating the great footage JN.

[2] youtube does a fine job of mashing them up with all things sail boat. Make em into a playlist.

[3] Why were they overstanding so much? I know of the famous SF bay area tides, but they seem to be not very much going siey-ways.?

1. You're welcome. It was a challenge shooting hand-held from a Protector.

2. Playlist: http://goo.gl/krzkvP

3. I think what you're seeing is windward boats trying to keep clear of leeward boats

and avoid deadly traffic jams at the offset mark, but they often still occurred!

JN keep up the good work at other events.

What type of camera rig are you using?

Great stuff, yes what camera rig ? Can't wait to see those kinds of regattas with the VX One

Thank you. I'm shooting with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, which features an outstanding Leica 25-600 mm (equivalent) super-zoom lens with active optical stabilization and fast f/2.8 speed over the entire zoom range, and is capable of high bitrate Full HD 1080p60 video in addition to great stills.

a67955ae-dff0-4164-99b8-01755b1068cc.jpg

20131002_124238.JPG

P1080822.jpg

Good results from a compact package! Focus, sharpness and dynamic range all good

I am a bit suspicious that the f2.8 is through the whole optical zoom range though?

Very enjoyable viewing.

Good results from a compact package! Focus, sharpness and dynamic range all good

I am a bit suspicious that the f2.8 is through the whole optical zoom range though?

Very enjoyable viewing.

Thank you.

RAW shots in Manual mode confirm f/2.8 speed throughout the entire optical zoom range.

Look similar to the earlier mFT image qaulity from panasonic!

Nice in lens stabalisation i guess makes a big difference. Is the camera weather or splash proof?

Anyway obviously in the right hands- had a look at your stills for sale gallery in the bay area and you have great composition!

Look similar to the earlier mFT image qaulity from panasonic!

Nice in lens stabalisation i guess makes a big difference. Is the camera weather or splash proof?

Anyway obviously in the right hands- had a look at your stills for sale gallery in the bay area and you have great composition!

Thank you again. :)

The active in-lens optical stabilization is indeed essential for good results -- if I turn it off, results are dreadful.

It's not weather or splash proof, but It has shrugged off a fair number of splashes without ill effects, and the price is reasonable so it wouldn't be too painful to replace. I protect it in a weatherproof bag (Lowepro Rezo 110‑AW) as necessary.