• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luminary

Randy Bachman calling Bob Perry. pui

I was listening to CBC2's Vinyl Tap this evening with Randy Bachman who read a letter from a Bob Perry from Washington. Could that be our Bob Perry??

Regardless, I have sired two young men, am aware of Bob's heartache - have some of my own, and find solace in music. CBC2 goes a long way to keep me from getting too caught up in myself.

Made me think of Bob, Spike, my boys, mortality and so I just wanted to shout out to kindred spirits.

sometimes the gods doze and we have elysian fields to ourselves

l.

love Radio one and Radio two, one of them is on all the time. can't say I like randy even though I listen to it. what ever happened to Denise anyway? She used to be credited with research and of course read the mail. about two years ago she just stopped being on and he usually credits his son Tal with research....hmmmm.

Yeah, I did write Randy that letter. Never thought he'd read it on the air. I was busy last night with company, ironically playing some vinyl. I didn;t hear my letter read on CBC@

Fuck.

I don't remember anything I said in the letter. Did I talk about Spike?

Oh, "our bob perry" that is a very nice thing to say. Thanks Lums. Makes me feel like I belong to something.

Pretty cool Bob. Isn't Bachman the guy who needed shoulder surgery from years of slinging heavy, vintage Les Pauls? You could offer to take a couple off his hands.

I'd help out, but I'm a lefty.