• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grande Mastere Dreade

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.

Not even worth an honorable mention on uglyboats.

Sort of cute in a mobo way.

Horrid...like the rotten white oak here? Before then after with new white oak keel frames, before bottom tacked/epoxied on...110 keeler.

The is quite the boat on Mendota but should be in Lake Michigan...is a beauty and I will bet she is and smells very boaty. I could live there, with beer and 20 year old with brain. Boat is a masterpiece, seriously kewl.

Teak...never touch the stuff...will outlast me.

post-38311-0-33999500-1382867674_thumb.jpg

post-38311-0-03411800-1382868062_thumb.jpg

That barely even qualifies for the uglyboat thread.

Not even worth an honorable mention on uglyboats.

Sort of cute in a mobo way.

It has only been a month since it appeared in uglyboats.

I still think it's a nice enough motorboat and someone should remove that tabernacle before a toe gets stubbed.

Really? I think it is a beauty and definitely made to handle Michigan's chop, like the fishing boats out of WI ports...and very well executed...and might make great lake troller.

Where is that 110?

Horrid...like the rotten white oak here? Before then after with new white oak keel frames, before bottom tacked/epoxied on...110 keeler.

Gouv. Troller, as in troll for rainbow trout and various salmon...but could serve to trawl...

Yes, Pasta514 twas my first boat...few decades back.

It was the first, that I know of, trapeze 110 and the first to use Hexaratchets for genoa sheeting...no winch on bridgedeck, just a Clam cleat with Hexes on port and starboard deck.

Of course, the fleet captains poohed the changes, then adopted them a few years later.

Had to replace all the rotted oak keel ribs and bottom, glassed the hull and epoxied the inside and was still within 20 lbs of min...thing was fast and would run with C-boats in chop. I learned a lot rebuilding her.

And the hull could take it, broke loose during bad storm and beached, with no damage...

post-38311-0-92984300-1382956802_thumb.jpg

post-38311-0-14984600-1382957073_thumb.jpg

WTH is that comms handset at the helm for?

So you can talk to the stokers or the wipers down in the engine room?

Dude, its a rotary phone. A hi tech cell rotary of course. :P

Pasta514...to answer location of 110. It was on Lake Minnetonka (MN) west of Mpls, and I have tried to contact owner, but no response. Boat was still sailing two years ago. They may have moved east.