• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

the result of sex between a catboat and a mcgregor 26.

Fourth Mode Mighetto Cat Boat?

You owe me a new keyboard - this one's full of coffee now... :D

Far too funny, will never forget the 4th Mode, Forgot Mighetto, but not his love of the Mac :-)

OK guys, let's take inventory here:

- Cheap to build

- Wheel steering

- Inboard engine

- Roller mainsail

- Very simple to sail

- Roomy for it's size

- Trailerable

Yeah, it probably sails like a pig, so a furum dedicated to racing will trash it. But this is exactly the type of boat that would get people onto the water and introduced to sailing, so for that reason I LIKE it (as long as none of my friends see me sailing one).

It seems sensible all around and does not look like a plastic RV. Like J24 said, the cooler is of sufficient depth, so that means they have thought of all the important things.

Nice.

There are a number of questions that this one might bring up, but there really is only one that matters.

Correct, and that question is...

What's it rate?

Seems a pretty useful daysailer/weekender to me. 80% motoring/20% sailing on a nice comfy reach. A lot of summer fun to be had, I'd guess.

The deep cockpit with the built-in step down is curious. Seems you can only get laid on starboard tack. Which makes sense from a rules perspective.

As Mr Perry stated "I like it". So do I. It's just the thing for someone who likes to potter about on boats. Go fishing, Go for a sail, do a bit of both, and, it doesn't look half bad either. I'd go for it, probably along with the rest of the majority who have no interest in bendy foils and kevlar underpants..

A sweet little boat!

A true multi purpose boat:

1) Weekend Cruiser: Cabin looks good size for several nights aboard. Sail downwind or on a reach when you have the time, when you don't then motor. Always motor to weather as gentlemen don't sail to weather anyways.

2) Daysailor: Big cockpit, only one sail to tend too, no pesky boom to look out for and no sails to clean up at the end of the day.

3) Inshore fishing boat: Motor to your fishing grounds. Troll around all day burning zero fuel. Easy to vary your speed with the roller sail. Catch your fish and motor home. Perfect!

Just don't take her anywhere near a race course! :lol:

See Post #15

32 posts and I have to be the one to ask ?

"What's it RATE ?"
or,
Could it GET more of a gift than the WylieCats ?

So Jack comes over and says: "Got any planss for that Nonsuch Mast?"

"I got this 'ol lobster boat thing, and some 'ol deck and a few spare tubes of 5200, What da ya say we make somthin'?" "

Somewhere we'll find an outboard, for sure"

.....and there you have it...The MacNonLob 25!

An abortion

Ime am thicking juste oppossitte. Tackeng the besste of that, innovassion of that, an somthing from thisse and puttang it alle torgethere in a spessialle packiage. Kinda licke the franckensense moonstere.

Mr Moon got it...

at first I was "meh", then I read about "the orthodox school with a full independent toilet room" and I was intrigued. and the cushions that provide a "high-class feeling of floating" has me sold. Middle and lower-Class folk usually need recreational drugs for the same effect.

I'm almost old enough to like that boat...

I am old enough to like it because:

I saw the ice box was of sufficient depth - sold...

and

OK guys, let's take inventory here:

- Cheap to build

- Wheel steering

- Inboard engine

- Roller mainsail

- Very simple to sail

- Roomy for it's size

- Trailerable

Yeah, it probably sails like a pig, so a furum dedicated to racing will trash it. But this is exactly the type of boat that will get me onto the water often, so for that reason I LIKE it (as long as none of my friends see me sailing one).

and

Seems a pretty useful daysailer/weekender to me. 80% motoring/20% sailing on a nice comfy reach. A lot of summer fun to be had, I'd guess.

The deep cockpit with the built-in step down is curious. Seems you can only get laid on starboard tack. Which makes sense from a rules perspective.

I like how it has a "A dogged hull, high restoration capability"

does that mean you have to restore it often??

also " carrying a 20H.P.engine in this class which is exceptional and gives powerful running ability in which we take pride. "
..running from the customers complaints? retreat in war??

must've used the same HR company for the translator as for their designers..

the NEW Sailing Anarchy Yacht of the Future is here

NOW Flying Tiger 6.5 v.2 (version 2)

I like cat rig with asymmetrical spin but go outboard,

dual rudders, centerboard and tillers, vang optional

A sweet little boat!

1) Weekend Cruiser: Cabin looks good size for several nights aboard. Sail downwind or on a reach when you have the time, when you don't then motor. Always motor to weather as gentlemen don't sail to weather anyways.

2) Daysailor: Big cockpit, only one sail to tend too, no pesky boom to look out for and no sails to clean up at the end of the day.

3) Inshore fishing boat: Motor to your fishing grounds. Troll around all day burning zero fuel. Easy to vary your speed with the roller sail. Catch your fish and motor home. Perfect!

Dunno. Might make an interesting boat for the RC. Throw a few deck chairs back there, a cooler full of your favorite adult beverage, a cabin to get out of the weather, etc. Sure looks a lot more civilized then some of the RC boats I've been on.

Finot designed fishing day boat, built by New Japan Yacht.

knew it had to be a Finot. Has the same cabin as my Figaro. Like it! Cool boat to go out for a relaxing day on the water cruising or fishing. At least if the engine dies you can sail it home lol

NJY Loup de Mer 23, a fishing concept boat for the japan market, by JM Finot.

same kind of boats are build by Espace VAG in france, the I-Kone range. a little bit sexier than the Finot, and a very good boat for grand'pa fishing with kids/buddies/beer/both. www.espace-vag.comikone-2.jpg

Something very wrong about fishing boats built by Espace Vag.

spinnaker is upside down?

I find these concept not stupid at all especially when you see the number of people sailing in the summer with the engine running and only the genoa deployed...

This is a great boat. There are so many boats in this size range that are trying to be bigger boats and therefore compromise on just about everything, making them uncomfortable and impractical. This thing you could enjoy sailing, fishing, putting around, and even gunk holing. The cockpit is large enough to have a tent setup for more comfortable cruising.

I like the boat myself. It looks like a fun way to get out on the water for a weekend. No stress sailing with guilt-free and economical motoring, what more could you ask for in a simple little boat?

A sweet little boat!

= a duck ;)

That spin does look like it is upside down. And that pic is even on the espace vag web site!

I think the pics of the Japanese version make it look like a nicer boat.

the french ( similar boat) I-kone is not slow on the you tube vids

the whole rig spins and furls the sail !

That spin does look like it is upside down.

No, man.

Those are the new syms!

lump_de_merd_spinn_01.jpg

I ran the image through my "As Seen on TV" dedicated image enhancement computer. I pressed the "ENHANCE" button several times! derp.png

I think I saw a similar boat in Dana Point harbor. It looked like a fishing boat (a small lobster boat style runabout, maybe 25' or so), with a double-stayed wishbone rig on it. Crazy looking thing, and not old.

A sweet little boat!

Dunno. Might make an interesting boat for the RC. Throw a few deck chairs back there, a cooler full of your favorite adult beverage, a cabin to get out of the weather, etc. Sure looks a lot more civilized then some of the RC boats I've been on.

Good point! I stand corrected she would be right at home on the race course as a RC boat!

You mean HAMPDEN, not Hampton

We got our own boat! Don't steal it!

http://www.hamptononedesign.com/

Regards

BTS

Hampton VA

If it was in Maine, you'd say it was a cross between a 19th century Hampton (per Chapelle http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/hampton/history/ships/hamptonboat/hamptonboatchapelle1938.htm) and a 20th century Hamption (per Dick Pulsifer http://pulsiferhampton.com/).

That spin does look like it is upside down.

No, man.

Those are the new syms!

lump_de_merd_spinn_01.jpg

I ran the image through my "As Seen on TV" dedicated image enhancement computer. I pressed the "ENHANCE" button several times! derp.png

Its one of those hot new Bi-Symmetrical equilateral spinnakers. Avoids embarrassment on the foredeck because it doesn't matter which way up it goes!