• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MidPack

Who Makes a 3-up Mast Instrument Bracket?

I must be looking in the wrong place, and the small company I bought my last one from in 2007 has disappeared (a slick removable CF bracket for $206, that was supposedly the bracket of choice for Melges 32's back then). Searching online all I find is a Nexus/Garmin CF that's $600-700 and a Raymarine/TackTick - both sized for Maxi displays (too large). If I just want 3 MN100, i70's or Triton displays, who still makes something reasonable ($200?)? I see pics of various brackets on boats, but can't find any manufacturer/sellers online. Lots of "pods" for powerboats mostly, but I don't want pods.

It wouldn't be hard to bolt a piece of lexan to the front of a single mount large enough to hold 3 instruments. Or you could use 2 mounts -one top, one bottom with a piece of Lexan between

It wouldn't be hard to bolt a piece of lexan to the front of a single mount large enough to hold 3 instruments. Or you could use 2 mounts -one top, one bottom with a piece of Lexan between

Interesting idea. I have thought about cutting out of piece of Lexan or wood the same size as the bottom 4" or so using the companionway hatch board as a template to mount the (TackTick) instruments on. It would just sit in the companionway slots, and be removed when not in use, easy-peasy. Of course it wouldn't be ideal for line of sight (a little low), and crew might kick it and damage instruments inadvertently...

I made a carbon fiber one for triple faces wireless tack tick for a big boat this summer for a client

Extra long so the out haul and reef lines can run behind it

If you want contact me and I will make you some

For the small tactics

Looks quite nice, but I think the original poster was looking for something for a small format display.

And Tacktick has a decent looking black alloy 3 position for the large formats that's sorta reasonable at under $350. Carbon looks Gucci though.

Interesting idea. I have thought about cutting out of piece of Lexan or wood the same size as the bottom 4" or so using the companionway hatch board as a template to mount the (TackTick) instruments on. It would just sit in the companionway slots, and be removed when not in use, easy-peasy. Of course it wouldn't be ideal for line of sight (a little low), and crew might kick it and damage instruments inadvertently...

Here is something I made easily . I no longer have that boat but I spent all of $25 in supplies from Lowe's. Aluminum is easy to bend and Lowe's will cut the Lexan to size. I put some leftover handlebar foam wrap on the part against the mast to prevent scratches. The mounts are held on with 3M heavy duty outdoor foam tape. Need to be sure they are not in the way of flying sheets and halyards.

[/url]">http://0977168b-a27b-4f18-baeb-d916cefaab98.jpg

I made a carbon fiber one for triple faces wireless tack tick for a big boat this summer for a client

Extra long so the out haul and reef lines can run behind it

If you want contact me and I will make you some

For the small tactics

I was hoping for something like this...

post-301-0-86582400-1387563816_thumb.jpg