• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riskyrickrahm

Rocket 22

192 posts in this topic

I have purchased hull #15 earlier this summer. I sail in Miami Fla. I would like to connect to any owners of Rockets so that I might exchange info about the boat, handling tips, rig setups, and useful info. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sent you a PM.

I have my Rocket 22 in the Classifieds. Fantastic boat, but we're moving.

Jerry,

Did you ever "re-vamp" your keel lifting system?

Hey John,

Yes I did. I had one fabricated by the boat year here. Kind of a cross between a Melges 24, U20, and J70. Works great!

Jerry,

Did you ever "re-vamp" your keel lifting system?

lowcamaro has a 22 in Seattle --- you could PM him for comments. There are a couple of others locally here too and I think at least one other owner is on SA

WWing

Hull #10 here, located near Victoria BC.

Obligatory first post tits:

post-59471-0-33514100-1387283301_thumb.jpg

Shapely lass!

Doesn't count if that's not your wife, SO, GF :D

Get WITH IT man!

When did you pick up my old boat?

We brought it up to Canada from Oregon beginning of July

Penticton - Dallas - Hood River - Vancouver.

I'd call that a circumnavigation of sorts.

Enjoy the boat! We did.

Enjoy the boat! We did.

She sure has moved around a bit! Definitely been enjoying the boat, even managed to pick up a pickledish in the few months we've had it.

Here is the Hull # and their last reported locations.

#1 - Seattle

#2 - Tahoe

#3 - California

#4 - Alberta

#5 - Nelson, BC

#6 - S.E USA

#7 - Sunshine Coast

#8 - Seattle

#9 - Minnesota

#10- Victoria,BC

#11- Nova Scotia

#12- North Dakota

#13- Santa Fa, NM

#14- Mississippi?

#15- I'll ask Ivan

#16- Waiting for a home (98% finished in Penticton)

Here is the Hull # and their last reported locations.#1 - Seattle#2 - Tahoe#3 - California#4 - Alberta#5 - Nelson, BC#6 - S.E USA#7 - Sunshine Coast#8 - Seattle#9 - Minnesota#10- Victoria,BC#11- Nova Scotia#12- North Dakota#13- Santa Fa, NM#14- Mississippi?#15- I'll ask Ivan#16- Waiting for a home (98% finished in Penticton)

The OP says he has #15 in Miami. I have #6 which is North Carolina,

for sale in the Classifieds.

Hey Rocket Owners!

I am looking at getting a sport boat but there are so many out there I am having trouble deciding. The rocket has made it to my shortlist, I like having the option to fly a Symmetric kite, and the larger cabin is appealing. I have a few questions for you owners if you don't mind.

How well could you overnight on one?

How do they do in PHRF fleets? What is their rating? I am usually in either light or heavy...very rare do I get to sail in ideal moderate conditions, and since there is no rocket OD down here, almost all of my racing will be phrf. That said, I am buying the boat for my own personal fun and enjoyment but a big part of my enjoyment comes from winning.

How easy is it to step and rig? I do a lot of trailer regattas and stepping/rigging is the most time consuming of all the various chores that go with the travel.

Are new boats still being made? i.e. is it a challenge to find parts/specs/etc. I have been to the website but it looks like it has not been updated in a few years.

What are the bad habits? Every boat has them and I know its not fair to ask loyal owners to admit fault in their boats but I am asking anyway.

An earlier post listed a rocket up in tahoe, if anyone has info for the owner, I would be interested in checking it out and maybe going for a test sail(tahoe is the closest of the boats to me). As I said, the rocket is on the short list. Also on the list are Hobie33, Moore24, Viper, Open 5.70, K6. Can anyone tell me why the rocket is the best of the bunch?

Hey Rocket Owners!

I am looking at getting a sport boat but there are so many out there I am having trouble deciding. The rocket has made it to my shortlist, I like having the option to fly a Symmetric kite, and the larger cabin is appealing. I have a few questions for you owners if you don't mind.

How well could you overnight on one?

How do they do in PHRF fleets? What is their rating? I am usually in either light or heavy...very rare do I get to sail in ideal moderate conditions, and since there is no rocket OD down here, almost all of my racing will be phrf. That said, I am buying the boat for my own personal fun and enjoyment but a big part of my enjoyment comes from winning.

How easy is it to step and rig? I do a lot of trailer regattas and stepping/rigging is the most time consuming of all the various chores that go with the travel.

Are new boats still being made? i.e. is it a challenge to find parts/specs/etc. I have been to the website but it looks like it has not been updated in a few years.

What are the bad habits? Every boat has them and I know its not fair to ask loyal owners to admit fault in their boats but I am asking anyway.

An earlier post listed a rocket up in tahoe, if anyone has info for the owner, I would be interested in checking it out and maybe going for a test sail(tahoe is the closest of the boats to me). As I said, the rocket is on the short list. Also on the list are Hobie33, Moore24, Viper, Open 5.70, K6. Can anyone tell me why the rocket is the best of the bunch?

I might also mention, if there is ever a chance of getting my hands on one of the Sierra 26s. That would hands down win the contest...I would probably trade my first born. However, I suspect these boats would be far outside my budget...but then again maybe not.

Rocket sounds ideal for you. Have you read our review from a few years back? Absolutely great boat for light/heavy PHRF racing assuming you rate a bit slower than a M24. Leave the symmetric at home unless you are racing moderate air/short courses though, and take a couple of experienced M24 racers out for a while to give you pointers, and keep anything extraneous off her. And hit up Thigh High for rig tune - very important to get it right if you want to go upwind with good speed. Really love that boat.

Hey Rocket Owners!

I am looking at getting a sport boat but there are so many out there I am having trouble deciding. The rocket has made it to my shortlist, I like having the option to fly a Symmetric kite, and the larger cabin is appealing. I have a few questions for you owners if you don't mind. The boat is great with the symmetric deep downwind when light and the assy when it blows. The tough range is the 8-12 mph winds when it is just another 22' boat. I think most owners are going assy only these days.

How well could you overnight on one? If you can sleep in the back of a mid-sized SUV, you could sleep in a Rocket. Not for me though.

How do they do in PHRF fleets? What is their rating? I am usually in either light or heavy...very rare do I get to sail in ideal moderate conditions, and since there is no rocket OD down here, almost all of my racing will be phrf. That said, I am buying the boat for my own personal fun and enjoyment but a big part of my enjoyment comes from winning. Pretty good at at least 108. See comments above on chute use. It's an easy boat to sail, but does take some time in the boat to sail well.

How easy is it to step and rig? I do a lot of trailer regattas and stepping/rigging is the most time consuming of all the various chores that go with the travel. Despite a carbon mast, it is still heavy and a two person job at least. Other than that, easy to rig.

Are new boats still being made? i.e. is it a challenge to find parts/specs/etc. I have been to the website but it looks like it has not been updated in a few years. Sold mine a few years ago, so can't answer. Rudders have been a weak spot.

What are the bad habits? Every boat has them and I know its not fair to ask loyal owners to admit fault in their boats but I am asking anyway. Keep it going forward so it doesn't stall. Got to keep the flow going. Sail it flat and all is good. Broaches are soft. No terrible habits experienced in the 4 years we owned it.

An earlier post listed a rocket up in tahoe, if anyone has info for the owner, I would be interested in checking it out and maybe going for a test sail(tahoe is the closest of the boats to me). As I said, the rocket is on the short list. Also on the list are Hobie33, Moore24, Viper, Open 5.70, K6. Can anyone tell me why the rocket is the best of the bunch? Can't answer this one as I haven't sailed any of those.

Owned #10 for about 4 years. Clean is right, get the current tuning info.

Great boat. Too bad it could never get any market place traction.

Mine is the one here for sail in the SA classifieds. Its for sale because I'm moving.

I agree with everything Mojo has said. However, the few like mine that are actively sailed have made a few modifications. First is the rudder. Many of us have gone to a Phil's Foils custom rudder that is much lighter, has better control in higher winds, and in the case of mine is a cassette style which makes launching much easier. In addition, several of us have gone to a square top main. It has a bit more sail area the the original which is great for the lighter winds, but depowers in strong wind much easier then the original. The Rocket carries a lot of sail area, so being able to depower easier was important.

The builder produced 16 boats, but went out of business. I think they had a tough time selling a 22' boat for $50K+ at the time. Parts for the most part are very generic and tuning help can be had from any of the sail makers who have made sails for thge boat. In my case Ullman.

The cool thing about the boat is not having a need for a lot of crew ballast because of the wide deck beam and the deep keel with a fairly heavy bulb. In addition, having a complete symmetric spinnaker setup in addition to the asymmetric, is a great tool to have for light W/L races.

The boat is very fast both downwind and upwind!

I've had my Rocket (#5) for a number of years and love it. It is a weapon in light air and that is where I have most of my success in phrf racing, against boats like the SR27, Antrim 27, Andrews 28, and Hobie 33. The Rocket is not as successful in 10-15 knots against these other boats as a lot less water line so they tend to truck right by me. Good again when the wind picks up and you can plane before those other heavier boats.

I have slept in it many times and it is like the back of an SUV but a lot more room. Nice place to crash after that last rum at the regatta, rather than stumble to a hotel.

Big shute, small rudder so you have to stay sharp downwind in a breeze, but broaches aren't tough to recover from if they happen.

We travel with my boat regularly and from the time we launch to the time we are tied up at the dock with the boat rigged and the beers cracked is usually about an hour. Even less time to take it down so we are usually packed at the end of a weekend by the time they are ready to hand out the pickle dishes.

My only complaint with the boat is that it never caught on and the few that are around are spread all over the continent. Love to have a few more around to race against, but I guess that can be said about a lot of boats.

Big shute, small rudder so you have to stay sharp downwind in a breeze, but broaches aren't tough to recover from if they happen.

As I mentioned, that's why several of us have gone to custom rudders from Phil's Foils(Competition Composites).

As I mentioned, that's why several of us have gone to custom rudders from Phil's Foils(Competition Composites).

+1 for the Phil's Foils rudder, shitton lighter as well.

...I'm pretty sure those original rudders bear an uncanny resemblance to the martin16's :unsure:

...same with the cast aluminum keel-finns ;)

Probably for sale.... The molds for Andrews 28 are advertised as free....same builder....

:blink: :blink: :blink:

....sad if true.

....I think I might have a set of lay-up notes somewhere if someone picks them up.

.....after all the effort that DaleB went to,,it'd be sad to see the molds go back to that rock-pile <_<

...both boats are definitely worth another look!

Phil's foils quoted me over $2,000 for a new rudder so I passed and spent the money on sails instead. Love a new rudder but there is a cost benefit to everything and that just seemed a bit steep when the one I have works just fine if you stay on top of it.

Phil's foils quoted me over $2,000 for a new rudder so I passed and spent the money on sails instead. Love a new rudder but there is a cost benefit to everything and that just seemed a bit steep when the one I have works just fine if you stay on top of it.
I understand. For me it was not only the added performance but ease of launching. The new rudder is 1/3 the weight of the original and slides in to a cassette. The original cannot be mounted with the boat on the trailer, and its a real chore attaching it with the boat in the water.

Check classifieds and dart thread where I posted link

This post?

"Jim,

Why not get the Andrews 30 molds and offer that in addition to the Dart? Or make some changes to the Andrews to make it more affordable?

http://sailinganarch...show-ad/?id=798 "

You mention an Andrews 30, and the link doesn't work. I didn't work when you first posted either. It goes here:

The Ad you are trying to view is pending approval. Once the Administrator approves it, it will be active and visible.

Searching the SA classifieds without the link shows nothing as well.

S17: There is considerable difference between the Andrews 28 and Andrews 30. Which molds do you think are for sale?

Nice to see this thread as a former and fond owner of #10. Good to see the new owner "theblah" carrying the torch.

Great boat, fun to sail. A weapon in light air. Hood River Nuking winds were a bit much for ANY sportboat so glad to see her in her new home.

Hull 16? is there really a new Rocket waiting for someone to take it home? I am serious about finding a boat on the west coast somewhere any details would be nice....

...a bit of Rocket history for you....

...I took a look at the rocket22 molds in 'storage' a couple of years before the recent revival,,,

....declared the molds 'dead' :mellow:

..imagine my surprise when the hull mold in the picture was resurrected and revived! :blink:

...much a testament to DaleB's love of the boat and it's qualities,,and his determination to 'get-er-done'!!.........too bad the ''don't take it personally--it's just business'' approach eliminated him in the early going---the project lost it's -heart-,,,the passion that got it going in the start ** <_<

........**...this comment is -not- a reflection towards Ivan by any means,,,but a few 'blockheads' in the middle

post-3217-0-17982500-1389024853_thumb.jpg

post-3217-0-98169700-1389024890_thumb.jpg

post-3217-0-52246400-1389024916_thumb.jpg

Nice to see this thread as a former and fond owner of #10. Good to see the new owner "theblah" carrying the torch.

Great boat, fun to sail. A weapon in light air. Hood River Nuking winds were a bit much for ANY sportboat so glad to see her in her new home.

Hey Chris, I didn't know you sold your Rocket! I sent Mariner 2442 your way because he was looking for a west coast boat and I thought you might consider selling yours. We're moving, so I have to sell mine, which is in the classifieds, as well as my Martin 242. Since I have done all the mods that you suggested, it's become an even more incredible boat. Unfortunately I can't take it with me ;-(

Enjoy the boat! We did.

I raced on #10 in HR quite a bit, super fun boat downwind in a breeze - just make sure all the fatty's are in the back of the bus!

I have to say the best change we made was going with the North square top main. By reducing the main foot by approximally 11" and adding a square head we improved handling and performance without adding sail area. The boat tackes faster and the main depowers so much easer. We also got a woomper light weight asso from Lidguards in NZ, not sure if the additional handicap is worth that one but in the light with the huge asso soaking the boat to the mark is funny with Vipers reaching hard and crossing your transom further back each time. Had a lot of fun with the old girl, Rocket #1 Seattle Washington. I will have a look, I think I have a couple of pictures from the Rocket Intergalatics held in Seattle during the Noods regatta, about the first and last time we will see I think seven rocket 22's on the water together. If I find them I will post them.

Lowcamaro, Is that the current SLUT?

I did the same thing but went with an Ullman dacron square top. I think the dacron main depowers even easier and has more adjustability. Kept the laminate jib. As you know, the earlier boats like yours and mine had built in under deck barber haulers to open up the slot which also helps when the wind really pipes up!

The addition of the deeper custom rudder on mine really improved the downwind handling in a blow. Finger tip control,

It's also cool on these boats to have the symmetrical spinnaker to pull out of our bag of tricks when the wind gets really light. 680 sq. ft of spinnaker on an 1800 lb boat works tricks on those light days when the other SB's can't plane ;-)

yup, thats the old girl, the stick has now been changed to the std Rocket 22 stick as the original Martin sticks which were used on the prototype (SLUT) have been snapped, the Ullman rep was asking the North rep for the our square top sail dimentions, must have been for you, Be interesting to see how the sails differ, thought you said that your new main had more square footage? We thought about a dacron main for the same reasons you did, but ended up with a black sail. I still cant belive how much of an improvement to the boat handing that sail made and we still use the stock rudder.

yup, thats the old girl, the stick has now been changed to the std Rocket 22 stick as the original Martin sticks which were used on the prototype (SLUT) have been snapped, the Ullman rep was asking the North rep for the our square top sail dimentions, must have been for you, Be interesting to see how the sails differ, thought you said that your new main had more square footage? We thought about a dacron main for the same reasons you did, but ended up with a black sail. I still cant belive how much of an improvement to the boat handing that sail made and we still use the stock rudder.

It's 12" shorter on the boom for better sheeting control, but has something like 7 sq. ft more sail up top which has shown an enormous improvement in light air. Although it was very fast in light air before! The square head really depowers well.

Still like to see those pictures of the Rocket Intergalactics you have!

It's 12" shorter on the boom for better sheeting control, but has something like 7 sq. ft more sail up top which has shown an enormous improvement in light air. Although it was very fast in light air before! The square head really depowers well.

Still like to see those pictures of the Rocket Intergalactics you have!

sure you will have to wait till I get back to NZ in Feb, I will post the pictures then

I asked for the boom length not the sail dimensions in my former life as an Ullman rep...

I asked for the boom length not the sail dimensions in my former life as an Ullman rep...

Hey Snap, good to hear your still around and doing well in SD wot you doing now?

Though it's still winter in many parts of the country, if you're thinking about a real fast boat for the upcoming season and your intrigued by the Rocket 22 described here, this is your big chance! Mine is still for sale in the Classifieds, and I have to sell it before we move out of state in the next few weeks! I'm unable to take it and my excellent Martin 242 with me, so I'm very flexible on price. PM if interested.

Jerry

Pointy End,

Just got back and took some pictures of the new Keel Lift for the Rocket. Same weight as the J-70, and 2 piece for easy packing in the bag

down below!

post-42193-0-88396600-1392591315_thumb.jpg

Though it's still winter in many parts of the country, if you're thinking about a real fast boat for the upcoming season and your intrigued by the Rocket 22 described here, this is your big chance! Mine is still for sale in the Classifieds, and I have to sell it before we move out of state in the next few weeks! I'm unable to take it and my excellent Martin 242 with me, so I'm very flexible on price. PM if interested.

Jerry

I guess you didn't sell it before a few weeks was up? What is next fire sale? I doubt it since you just posted a picture of a new keel lift.

Savage, I had the keel lift built before the Holidays, but then went to Florida for a couple of months and didn't see it until I just go back the other day. For me and any probably any other prospective buyer, the original was the only drawback to the boat. It was a winch that connected to the boom just over the keel, and the boom was held up by the main halyard. It worked, but as an engineer, I just didn't like it. So I had this built. Its a combination of a J-70 and M-24 crane with the advantage of being 2-part like an Ultimate 20.

Yes, the sale is still on. With much of the country dealing with snow, there doesn't seem to be much interest in boat buying right now. I'm actually quite surprised with all the discussion about sportboats here. This is among the fastest, roomiest, and most versatile in its size category, and does everything with less crew. I don't get it?

Savage, I had the keel lift built before the Holidays, but then went to Florida for a couple of months and didn't see it until I just go back the other day. For me and any probably any other prospective buyer, the original was the only drawback to the boat. It was a winch that connected to the boom just over the keel, and the boom was held up by the main halyard. It worked, but as an engineer, I just didn't like it. So I had this built. Its a combination of a J-70 and M-24 crane with the advantage of being 2-part like an Ultimate 20.

Yes, the sale is still on. With much of the country dealing with snow, there doesn't seem to be much interest in boat buying right now. I'm actually quite surprised with all the discussion about sportboats here. This is among the fastest, roomiest, and most versatile in its size category, and does everything with less crew. I don't get it?

Maybe lowering the price will help with interest? Not sure market is tough since everyone is buying a J-70 in that size range for the OD racing....

True, but I'm certainly open to offers. As I said in my "fire sale" post earlier, I'm flexible.

This Rocket is 1/2 the price of a J-70, roomier, and much faster. I've crewed on 2 different J-70's the past couple of years. Done every major regatta on the east coast, so I know them well. They are a great boat and a well developed class, but certainly not in the same league as a Rocket 22!

Hi All

Thigh High, in order to update your list, #3 now sails in Quebec, Canada.

I totaly agree with you all, it is a fantastic boat.

Jerryd, is it possible to have a picture of the base of your keel lift? ... Plans would be great!

Thanks

fsylvestre, come do a race on Lake Champlain! We have a decent sportboat fleet with our own class in about 27-28 race days. The Rocket 22 would fit in nicely.

Cheers,

jason

Fsylvestre,

Here's the base. Its slotted to fit over the boat lift pin in the keel box so that the keel lift can't move around. The plate that's welded to the bottom is set at a distance that keep the weight of the keel lift off the pin and spreads it to the top of the keel box which is built to support the keel in the down position.

Make sense?

post-42193-0-87439200-1392725077_thumb.jpg

This is a great keel hoist. I tried to figure out a better system when I had a Rocket22.

This is a great keel hoist. I tried to figure out a better system when I had a Rocket22.

Please tell your friends. We're in the middle of moving out of state, and I have to sell the Rocket and my Martin 242. Reasonable offers considered!

JerryD, I am sorry that we are going to miss each other by a handful of weeks. I have to sell the house before I buy, the listing went up today.

Sent you an e-mail

Well, the buyer backed out at the last moment. He decided the 5'10" draft was too much. Its not like it changed since he made the offer :wacko:

So, the Rocket is back on the market, and still a deal. Maybe more so now!

Hang in there JerryD, I have decided to make the rocket my next boat. If I miss yours, I will be knocking on doors making offers. I just need the F***ing house to sell. Any good videos to keep the dream alive while I wait?

This is a great one!

http://vimeo. ...

Hâve great day

..nice to see the smooth teamwork!

Any rockets that have been sitting on the hard and need a loving owner to put them back in the water? There are still a bunch of Rockets un-accounted for.

Mariner, you sure change your mind a lot. I thought you wanted mine?

They have all been accounted for if you look back through the thread. Check the Classified to see Rick's boat #15 for sale.

I do want yours but I thought yours had sold...it is no longer listed on yacht world. I am generally assuming yours will be gone long before my house sells. My next boat will be a Rocket why do the only boats available have to be on the East Coast? Such a PITA

Thigh had a list but it was about 60% speculation or old information. In all my years I have never seen a rocket on Tahoe so if it is there, it has been sitting in storage for years. As a fan of the boat and of the class I would like to see more boats out sailing especially if I can get one cheap with some Sweat Equity :D

..........especially if I can get one cheap with some Sweat Equity :D

.you want 'cheap'??.....maybe talk to Ivan or thigh about th'molds :rolleyes:

Actually, I would be interested in the molds. Not for my next boat but just to store in hopes of someday bringing the boat back into production. Besides, building a boat is NOT cheap :blink: . But a carbon rocket with clear coat so you can see that wonderful carbon would be an eye catcher. I could call it the B-2 Stealth Rocket.

JerryD's boat looks great and I am seriously considering it, even with the added expense of moving it across country. BUT I know that someone is going to buy his boat eventually and use it to race in their region. So my reasoning is why not find a boat that is not being raced and put it back on the water, it will make the class just a tiny bit more active and do a small part to keep the rockets from disappearing into obscurity.

....I have a feeling this version of the Mull-hull will be with us,,and spread around the world just as the last one did.

...not a bad plan to make sure the molds don't end-up back in the quarry though!

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-3217-0-17982500-1389024853_thumb.jp
  • post-3217-0-98169700-1389024890_thumb.jp
  • post-3217-0-52246400-1389024916_thumb.jp

Actually, I would be interested in the molds. Not for my next boat but just to store in hopes of someday bringing the boat back into production. Besides, building a boat is NOT cheap :blink: . But a carbon rocket with clear coat so you can see that wonderful carbon would be an eye catcher. I could call it the B-2 Stealth Rocket.

JerryD's boat looks great and I am seriously considering it, even with the added expense of moving it across country. BUT I know that someone is going to buy his boat eventually and use it to race in their region. So my reasoning is why not find a boat that is not being raced and put it back on the water, it will make the class just a tiny bit more active and do a small part to keep the rockets from disappearing into obscurity.

Have you seen these ads?

Located in Washington. May be old or expired, but there is info about equipment added in 2013:

http://www.popyachts.com/View/14659

Then there is this one in New Orleans. The listing seems current:

http://www.popyachts.com/View/14659

Then there are the two listed here on SA classified.

2005,2006,2008 or 2010 model year. Your choice...

If I buy a boat from the east it will be JerryD's. That way I know that if he screws me in the deal he will forever live in shame on SA, a small measure of security for this cautious buyer :ph34r:

I am curious to know what Ivan would want for the unfinished #16. Makes sense to me to put another boat into circulation if at all possible. Regardless of where it comes from, I am not getting anything until the bloody house sells! My lips are turning brown from kissing the ass of every potential buyer that comes through the door.

...maybe Ivan'll trade #16 for your house!?.....possibly toss-in the molds and/or an andrews28 too,,who knows! :mellow::rolleyes:

Is Hull 16 still available? I am reading on it here and there , what does it need to get it finished? Would Ivan finish it? How well were the other boats built from. Hull 13 on ?

Dorin

Is Hull 16 still available? I am reading on it here and there , what does it need to get it finished? Would Ivan finish it? How well were the other boats built from. Hull 13 on ?

Dorin

Why not call Ivan and ask him?

Is Hull 16 still available? I am reading on it here and there , what does it need to get it finished? Would Ivan finish it? How well were the other boats built from. Hull 13 on ?Dorin

Why not call Ivan and ask him?

I would call him if I had his number. For what I see the web site is down and the doors are closed

All I asked was if the boat is still available

Thanks for your help

JerryD

I did try that number and left a message but no response.Found out the boat may still be available but needs rigging

Any Rocketts for sale that are not listed ? Hull 14 is under contract as of few days ago

Posted (edited)

JerryD

I did try that number and left a message but no response.Found out the boat may still be available but needs rigging

Any Rocketts for sale that are not listed ? Hull 14 is under contract as of few days ago

JerryD

Is hull #14 the one listed in New Orleans?

Is JerryD's still for sale? It's still listed in the Anarchy classifieds? Hull Number?

EDIT: Okay I found the post with some of the hull numbers. Jerry's is #6.

Edited by familysailor

And I heard that Hull # 14 is movingbon our lake (Memphrémagog)!!!

This will be fun!

Has any one developed any polars for the Rocket 22? Has any one try to sail this boat to polars ?

Dc

Do they have polars for M24? If so, it would be real close to that. In non planing there's not a lot of difference. M 24 will jump up on a plane quicker (skinny hull shape).

Does anyone have current rig tuning info? I’ve got some great tips from Alan Barnes but a baseline to start from would be nice.

Here is the Hull # and their last reported locations.#1 - Seattle#2 - Tahoe#3 - California#4 - Alberta#5 - Nelson, BC#6 - S.E USA#7 - Sunshine Coast#8 - Seattle#9 - Minnesota#10- Victoria,BC#11- Nova Scotia#12- North Dakota#13- Santa Fa, NM#14- Mississippi?#15- I'll ask Ivan#16- Waiting for a home (98% finished in Penticton)

Hull # 9 is now in Chicago , if anyone is keeping score, I purchased it from Minnesota

Boat #5 has changed hands and is now in Calgary. We recently had a wonderful transition weekend sailing in Nelson with the previous owner and hope we can retain even a fraction of the set-up, tuning and handling tips cb showed us. Will sail it on Ghost Lake locally and look to trailer and race it on Okanagan and Flathead Lakes. We are going to be at Okanagan Race Week in mid-August, if any other PacNW Rockets can make it there. Looks like a great week -- 6 days of racing, shortcourse through long distance 'passage' races (www.okanaganraceweek.ca)