Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

Cut and shut Adams 10, just can't kill those things with a stick.

You would've convinced me had it not been for the posts above!

A case study in discontinued load paths, load points and living room ergonomics that will break your bones. Will make for a pretty planter though.

What did I win?

The Google translation of the Italian article describes a one-of-a-kind design made to accommodate a disabled sailor who wants to sail single-handed. Single winch. All controls to a central location. Self-tacking jib and a jib track track that folds up so you can reach the bow without having to get around the shrouds. Have to admire someone wanting to sail/race enough to have a boat made to allow that even with disabilities.Wood/epoxy construction

Thanks for the above. I'm still trying to figure out what this means. Is he talking about the well in the forward area, or is he talking about the jib?

This new boat has the special elements and is designed to measure.
The shipowner has in fact expressed the need very clear from the outset. Initially and throughout the possibility of using the boat in complete autonomy. This main need is declined in the ability to get to forward without facing steps or go on deck for making the mooring or set the sails. This aspect characterizes the overall design of the boat that is developed with a well stretched up almost at the bow, interrupted only by the contrast of the self-tacking jib , which can be raised if necessary in two halves to allow the passage (including navigation ) .

Actually Billy, I was just thinking it looked like a modern version of the two big boats I've owned put together.

I'm definitely getting wood over that carbon!

Hmm,

saw this toy a few years ago at one of the very last times when ACC V5 was sailing in La M.

DejaVu ??

post-10004-0-63303400-1387396026_thumb.jpg

The Google translation of the Italian article describes a one-of-a-kind design made to accommodate a disabled sailor who wants to sail single-handed. Single winch. All controls to a central location. Self-tacking jib and a jib track track that folds up so you can reach the bow without having to get around the shrouds. Have to admire someone wanting to sail/race enough to have a boat made to allow that even with disabilities.Wood/epoxy construction

there's no mention of disability in the italian text: it's just designed for a single handler that wants the safety of being in the cockpit (that extends to the bow) all the time. The tracks of the self-tacking jib can raise, independently even when sailing.

Some time even google is wrong...

This boat is designed for an exceptional person with few mobility problems.
The deck is open for access to the bow in complete autonomy without facing steps and there is a movable jib lead (curved).
The boat is currently under construction at the De Cesari shipyard (Italy)

post-40539-0-88344800-1387647036_thumb.jpg

Actually Billy, I was just thinking it looked like a modern version of the two big boats I've owned put together.

I'm definitely getting wood over that carbon!

Etchells and Soverel 27?? I am definitely NOT seeing that!