oioi

New imoca boats

On 5/19/2018 at 1:04 PM, r.finn said:

Besides aesthetics, which are strong, what is the reason for the aft raked stem?  It can't be weight, right?   So many other part aft to chop off....

Reduces foredeck area and the weight, and pitching that goes with it. Also less windage (and wavage) on the bow and smooths airflow and reduces obstruction to bottom of foresails when heeled.

The latest RAN, a Carkeek Fast 40 is the most extreme example to date?

30499FF8-9EC3-4B03-AACD-281DCE7CB579.jpeg

Its going the NorthWest passage route, maybe that is behind it, a small bow profile made very strong.. for the icy bits to encounter.

On 5/17/2018 at 6:53 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Why not..There is a theory going around that Juan K has put so much lead onto the seabed that the earth has tilted on its axis and so he is the one responsible for global warming.

If we're gonna put the library out there, here are some more gems.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.51.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.48.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.47.22 PM.png

• Like 1

I'm chuckling at the idea that Juan K is going to suddenly put together his first foiler IMOCA and be competitive. He is after all, the designer of the Beneteau First. 

• Like 1

Holy shit - will you look at that thing go!

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.22.13 AM.png

On 5/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, Miffy said:

I'm chuckling at the idea that Juan K is going to suddenly put together his first foiler IMOCA and be competitive. He is after all, the designer of the Beneteau First. 

Must be working for free or close to it. In some fairness to him I do think he has drawn some innovative lines over the years and certainly pushed the state of the art forward back in the VO70 heyday but somewhere in the transition to all carbon structures his structural team made a mistake, which is really quite tragic. I think VPLP and to a lesser extent Farr have better modelling and simulation capability and larger databases to draw from on the structural side of the house. His biggest issue is going to be foil design, truly I think there are less than 5 guys out there that can design a really fast set of hydrofoils across a wide range of operating points. Much like the glider world, only a handful of renowned aerodynamicist's that have pushed the design envelope forward while not repeating past mistakes.

It will be interesting to see what the new builds offer, but I would be pretty happy taking the current Hugo Boss, fitting it with Gen3 and maybe Gen4 foils and sending it. I think crewed with a new set of boards and you'd have a new outright monohull record. Solo you'd still be a front runner, as this is now a foil design contest and you'd have a platform that was designed to foil from the outset.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:37 PM, mad said:

AFE17E63C13F.jpg

Yeah, but who knows the real story why this boat broke in half?

On 5/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

If we're gonna put the library out there, here are some more gems.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.51.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.48.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 2.47.22 PM.png

Can’t remember if the boat ever sailed in the Admirals Cup in the end, but I remember a big rating evaluation going on. 

This was another. 

46BF4D8376EB.jpg.600fed16317d701a9bbffc8f4df702f9.jpg

On 5/20/2018 at 11:24 PM, Sidecar said:

Reduces foredeck area and the weight, and pitching that goes with it. Also less windage (and wavage) on the bow and smooths airflow and reduces obstruction to bottom of foresails when heeled.

The latest RAN, a Carkeek Fast 40 is the most extreme example to date?

30499FF8-9EC3-4B03-AACD-281DCE7CB579.jpeg

Also increases forward structure stiffness while reducing weight. Significant difference in shedding water also (apparently, according to Hugo Boss and AT)

HW

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 4:18 PM, fdcampello said:

Beautiful design and painting! No foils, though... The man behind this is Norbert Sedlacek, who raced in the Vendee Globe in 2004 (Brother) and 2008 (Nauticsport.com - Kapsch). I wouldn't be surprised to see this boat on the starting line in 2020.

Like Emmanuel Macron would say : " This is the project"

17 hours ago, Baguette du Fromage said:

Like Emmanuel Macron would say : " This is the project"

Correct me as I haven't researched this project other than I read he is racing this boat around the world on his own to break records? Don't know much about him and this design and yes it could well be on the start line in 2020 but not sure how competitive it would be against the newer VPLP boats for example?

On 5/26/2018 at 7:46 AM, Coconuts.is said:

Yeah, but who knows the real story why this boat broke in half?

Apparently aluminium honeycomb , carbon fibre and salt water don't all go together .:unsure:

6 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Correct me as I haven't researched this project other than I read he is racing this boat around the world on his own to break records? Don't know much about him and this design and yes it could well be on the start line in 2020 but not sure how competitive it would be against the newer VPLP boats for example?

Hey ! This guy has already done 1 VG (2008-2009) and he wants to be on the start line in 2020. I don't have much information about his design, it seems to be "pretty classic" (no foils) but I've been reading that his hull is made with volcanic fiber (how those guys catch these ideas ahah).

Voiles et Voiliers (French sailing newspaper) talk about this project there (unfortunately, no English version found...)

http://www.voilesetvoiliers.com/chantiers/la-fibre-de-roche-voila-lavenir/

6 hours ago, terrafirma said:

I don't think this boat would beat a foiler, specially for a race like VG (globally a downwind race with the southern areas) where the foilers are just rockets

7 hours ago, terrafirma said:

In fact, you're right, i've just read that he's going to try to break his own record in July ! so maybe no VG? Go check his FB page (Antartica lab)

On 5/29/2018 at 6:08 AM, Baguette du Fromage said:

I've been reading that his hull is made with volcanic fiber (how those guys catch these ideas ahah).

Voiles et Voiliers (French sailing newspaper) talk about this project there (unfortunately, no English version found...)

http://www.voilesetvoiliers.com/chantiers/la-fibre-de-roche-voila-lavenir/

link to machine  trans version, courtesy Tip and Shaft 

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=auto&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voilesetvoiliers.com%2Fchantiers%2Fla-fibre-de-roche-voila-lavenir%2F&sandbox=1

Basalt fibre I suspect. 100% recyclable, Similar thermal properties to carbon, so good for tooling, but similar Modulus as e-glass.

Yep. The idea is that the material mix is both much less polluting and easier to recycle than the usual stuff.

The last promo tour for the material was on the "Open 16" across the Atlantic. That was mostly noted for being a bit slow (87 days one, 46 days the other way) and Haralds (the son) ability to take a beating. (Norbert bailed out of the original attempt.)

The current project through the North West Passage, Cape Horn twice and back home has been announced in 2015. Back then it was start in July 2018 with the return expected for February 2019.
Looks on schedule.

Is the boat part of the IMOCA class?

Basalt seems to actually be mostly just a better fibre for some things. No real environmental advantages - just a different mix - less silica more iron and other stuff. Some claims that it is about as good as S glass. But once you have it in a composite layup the disposal problems are no better than any other fibre. The thing it seems to have going for it is that it has much lower viscosity when molten, and thus it is easier to create fine fibres with.

What it isn't is some way of taking rocks and turning them into fibres. You need a very specific basaltic rock, found in only a few places to work with. The fact that is came from a volcano with the mixture pretty much right makes it rather cool. But that is why only a few places have just the right mix.

There is no such thing as "just a rock".

• Like 3

On 5/31/2018 at 11:31 AM, stief said:

Thanks for that link, Stief.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:05 AM, Francis Vaughan said:

Basalt seems to actually be mostly just a better fibre for some things. No real environmental advantages - just a different mix - less silica more iron and other stuff. Some claims that it is about as good as S glass. But once you have it in a composite layup the disposal problems are no better than any other fibre. The thing it seems to have going for it is that it has much lower viscosity when molten, and thus it is easier to create fine fibres with.

What it isn't is some way of taking rocks and turning them into fibres. You need a very specific basaltic rock, found in only a few places to work with. The fact that is came from a volcano with the mixture pretty much right makes it rather cool. But that is why only a few places have just the right mix.

There is no such thing as "just a rock".

Just tease the fibres from this lava fall. Oh...you'll need to re-heat it to about 2,000 degrees F first. ;)

xbasalt-rock.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nmgwiRpnmy.jpg

• Like 1

Confucius say, "Had you a rock, like this shaped, would you try to skip it across the water?"

On the other hand, maybe it was, Yoda?

90ac92fa6c24fddd9b3939982e9b895e.jpg

Looks to have less beam than the previous generation?

Seahorse says Sam Manuard to design the latest Hugo Boss?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALL@SEA said:

Seahorse says Sam Manuard to design the latest Hugo Boss?

Where did you see that ? That would be a major surprise 

Yes but if he was also doing it for Alex T that would be a major surprise.

Manuard didn't do any Imoca yet, neither foils to my knowledge, and has a "small office".

7 hours ago, yl75 said:

Yes but if he was also doing it for Alex T that would be a major surprise.

Manuard didn't do any Imoca yet, neither foils to my knowledge, and has a "small office".

Those were my thoughts too. It was in the "Snapshots" column... Not a lot of detail, and may've just been shit-stirring, but it caught my eye- and it wasn't dated April 1!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

Those were my thoughts too. It was in the "Snapshots" column... Not a lot of detail, and may've just been shit-stirring, but it caught my eye- and it wasn't dated April 1!

Interesting, is there an online version?

I guess Manuard would be ready to invest himself really a lot in that compared to the more "established" ones.

You'd have to think that Alex and Hugo Boss have done their homework if this is the case... I almost sent Alex Thompson Racing a facebook message to ask the question, but will just wait to see how information comes to light. He did say a while ago that they'd confirmed a designer, but only that he was French. That seemed to be deliberately a little mysterious. This is far more interesting gossip that a royal wedding! 

There was talk that Manuard will work together with/get information from a design office who has Imoca experience from the past.

Actually Tip and Shaft 1 may news;
On new boats, Charal (Jérémie Beyou) will be the first launched next summer, will follow in 2019 Arkéa-Paprec (Sebastien Simon) and Apivia (Charlie Dalin). Alex Thomson has, for his part, still not announced the choice of the architect and construction site where the future Hugo Boss will be built: "No news," he told us yesterday by email. There is little doubt, however, that VPLP won the order. According to our information, two other new Imoca projects are currently well advanced, but not yet financially secured: they would lead to the construction of a Verdier plan at Persico, Italy, and a Manuard plan in Hungary.

• Like 1

If the VPLP and Verdier collaboration has run its course then that is two marriage partners to add to the list for Manuard, particularly the former. 

Nah, other one :). And they just could be friends. You only need databases to get insight. Manuards Class 40 are doing very well. So its not a big step.

Just through from Alex Thomson Racing,

British sailing team set to design and build brand new IMOCA 60 racing yacht ahead of 2020-2021 round-the-world Vendée Globe race.

French naval architectural firm VPLP Design, pioneers in foiling monohulls, appointed to deliver project.

Design phase now well under way, with build set to commence imminently.
  • Like 2

VPLP also confirms. Guess Tip and Shaft will have more details tomorrow ;)

Alex is amazing... he manages to convince his sponsors to invest in a new boat each time. Hats off. 

HB's press release:

Alex Thomson Racing Partners with VPLP to Design New Multi-Million Pound Race Boat.

06 Jun 2018 by Joe Watson

British sailing team, Alex Thomson Racing, has announced plans to design and build a brand new 60ft IMOCA race boat for the 2020-2021 Vendée Globe race.

The boat, HUGO BOSS, will be designed by French naval architectural firm VPLP Design in conjunction with Alex Thomson Racing’s design and technical team, led by Peter Hobson. With the design phase now well under way, the boat build is set to commence later this month.

The announcement comes just six months after the UK-based ocean-racing team celebrated the renewal of its partnership with long-term sponsor HUGO BOSS, one of the most coveted partnerships in the sport of sailing. Together, Alex Thomson Racing and HUGO BOSS have broken numerous records, received countless accolades and enjoyed both second and third place finishes in the Vendée Globe, the gruelling non-stop, solo, unassisted race around the world.

For Thomson, a second place finish in the most recent edition of the race – which comes around just every four years – has helped position him among the favourites heading into the 2020-2021 race.

Thomson said: “This is a hugely important period for us. Everything we do over the coming months leads up to the Vendée Globe 2020 and so it’s vital that we put in place a team which has the expertise, and the passion, to deliver. I’m confident that we have done that.

“We wholeheartedly believe that – with the right minds and the right boat – we can become the first British team ever to win the Vendée Globe”.

Founded by Marc Van Peteghem and Vincent Lauriot-Prévost, France-based VPLP Design is made up of a team of naval architects and designers who, collectively, have helped to develop some of the world’s most successful and innovative racing boats. Among those were the winning boats in the last two editions of the Vendee Globe – Banque Populaire VIII and MACIF, raced by French skippers Armel Le Cléac’h and François Gabart respectively. VPLP also co-designed the current HUGO BOSS yacht, which Thomson raced to a second place podium position in the 2016-2017 Vendée Globe, breaking the British record at the finish line.

Ross Daniel, technical director at Alex Thomson Racing, said: “VPLP of coursehas a proven track of designing world class racing boats. As the first design office ever to make the move to foiling monohulls, they hold an unrivalled knowledge in what we know will prove to be the most crucial area of design within the next generation boats.

“But our decision to work with the firm was also based on who they are as people. The process of designing, building and launching a new boat is an incredibly complex one, which requires everyone involved to work collaboratively towards one common goal. We are confident that, together, we can build the very best boat in the fleet, one which is both wholly reliable and has the capability of winning a race as punishing as the Vendée Globe”.

http://www.alexthomsonracing.com/vplp/

Given basically all the new VPLP foilers including Hugo boss fell apart in their first major race they are obviously doing something right with regard to client relations and the rest of the package that the same clients keep coming back.

3 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Given basically all the new VPLP foilers including Hugo boss fell apart in their first major race they are obviously doing something right with regard to client relations and the rest of the package that the same clients keep coming back.

Those skippers are smart enough to realise that there were a lot of unknowns and that VPLP learnt a lot from the first generation of foilers.

• Like 1

That's a different plan view for sure..
Integrated bow sprit? But what are those lines that look like waterlines from a lines plan?
34558552_2479384848742219_16524768173212

Current Hugo Boss is in Toronto on a promo tour. Arrived Saturday from Montreal. They went for a sail this morning, and now tied up at Pier 4.

There is a meet and greet with Alex tomorrow night at the Boss flagship store on Bloor.

1 hour ago, Starkindler said:

Current Hugo Boss is in Toronto on a promo tour. Arrived Saturday from Montreal. They went for a sail this morning, and now tied up at Pier 4.

There is a meet and greet with Alex tomorrow night at the Boss flagship store on Bloor.

There's HB, all right.

DfQ4hb2VQAAu5xE.jpg

• Like 2

ALEX THOMSON RACING APPOINTS WORLD RENOWNED BRITISH BOAT BUILDER.

27 Jun 2018 by Joe Watson

British sailing team, Alex Thomson Racing, has announced that it will build a brand new IMOCA 60 race boat in the south of England.

The boat, HUGO BOSS, will be constructed by Carrington Boats. Jason Carrington is one of the most accomplished and highly regarded specialists in the industry.

The project marks a multi-million pound investment by Alex Thomson Racing, together with its long term partner HUGO BOSS, as it looks to make history by becoming the first British team ever to win the Vendée Globe, a solo, non-stop, unassisted race around the world.

Having achieved third and second place finishes in the previous two editions of the race – which remains one of the toughest sporting challenges on the planet – skipper Thomson and his team are now focused on developing a boat that they believe will lead them to victory in 2021.

The build will take place at Carrington Boats Ltd’s new facility in Hythe, Hampshire. The new boat will replace the team’s current IMOCA 60 with a launch scheduled for June 2019.

Skipper Alex Thomson said: “Finishing the last Vendée Globe in second place, with only one foil for the majority of the race, demonstrated just what our existing boat is capable of. Now, it’s about bettering that performance but also producing a package that is reliable enough to finish the race, and that is as much to do with how the boat is built, as how it is designed.  Jason and Carrington Boats have assembled a hugely talented team of boat builders, whom I know will search relentlessly for the lightest, strongest and most reliable boat possible”.

Carrington has developed a reputation as one of the world’s most talented race yacht builders, renowned for his meticulous attention to detail and his ability to construct boats which promise reliability and speed – both crucial in offshore ocean racing.

Alex Thomson Racing’s relationship with Carrington began in 2007 when the team commissioned its first major project with the builder. The boat, crewed by Thomson and Andrew Cape, went on to break the world 24 hour speed record and secure a second place finish in the 2007-2008 Barcelona World Race.

Ross Daniel, technical director at Alex Thomson Racing, said: “Jason is really the last of the Grand Prix builders left in the UK and, as a team, we have a great relationship with him. Keeping the build here in England also made complete sense, as it will allow us to work in close collaboration from start to finish. We’re also of course proud to be able to support Carrington Boats as a British boat builder.

“There are many things to consider with the design and build of an IMOCA race boat. Weight is a huge factor but so too is reliability. Speed is of course of paramount importance but, on the other hand, the boat cannot be beyond the capabilities of the skipper, therefore usability is also crucial. So this process is about balance, and ensuring that all of those various factors are constantly being considered and evaluated. If we do that successfully, I firmly believe that we will deliver the very best boat in the fleet.”

Over the next year Carrington Boats will work closely with Alex Thomson Racing’s design and technical team, together with naval architectural firm VPLP, before the boat is unveiled in June 2019.

http://www.alexthomsonracing.com/carringtonboats/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southerncross said:

Ross Daniel, technical director at Alex Thomson Racing, said: “Jason is really the last of the Grand Prix builders left in the UK and, as a team, we have a great relationship with him. Keeping the build here in England also made complete sense, as it will allow us to work in close collaboration from start to finish. We’re also of course proud to be able to support Carrington Boats as a British boat builder. 

Thats a laugh seeing as ATR was one of the final straws for Green Marine, and that for a designers FU!

Really GBH ? Inquiring minds needs more :)

Anyone ever see this broken foil from HB ??

1 minute ago, sow1ld said:

Anyone ever see this broken foil from HB ??

There were a couple pictures somewhere here, maybe one of the others can remember where?

6 hours ago, LeoV said:

alex-thompson-broken-foil.jpg

Pretty sure that’s the mk2 foil they broke in testing not the mk1 broken in the race

You want to see the broken foil during the Vendee, ask Cameron if you could use his submarine and start hunting in the Southern ocean.

34 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Pretty sure that’s the mk2 foil they broke in testing not the mk1 broken in the race

Correct.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:23 AM, LeoV said:

alex-thompson-broken-foil.jpg

Is that really a truck load of bog for the core , or am i missing something ?

Probably foamed epoxy but could be machined foam.  But its a poor design from what one make out of this pic and believe this was ATR in-house design. Rather optimistic.

6 hours ago, Justaquickone said:

Is that really a truck load of bog for the core , or am i missing something ?

It looks to me more that you can't see any of the core, and that a layer of unidirectional carbon from the inner part of the layup has been folded over covering the core space. But the contrast isn't great and it is generally a bit of a mess.

When you cut up a foil you get the carbon dust over all the cut core, whatever it is - but right at the back the white bits look like epoxy foam.

There was a better res pic originally where you could see the construction for the shear web.

While watching the video of the Grand Prix Guyader posted by huey2, believing it was a video of this year, I just noticed a detail that I hadn't seen the first time. In fact it's a video from last year and we can see that Paul Meilhat has a "hybrid" foil on his boat SMA. Seemingly, after looking at the pictures of other races, this solution hasn't been validated.

SMA02.thumb.jpg.2cfa97282d65fecd35e91c4f6cd3fba5.jpgSMA01.thumb.jpg.3d174c01c2052ec0cc172410e1311f62.jpg

Having found nothing on the forum about these foils, I just found that :

http://www.courseaularge.com/foil-hybride-a-lessai-sma.html

• Like 1

Call me skeptical but For HB such a high profle boat in this day in age, there seems to be no pics of the 'broken foil' that was the 'reasoning HB didnt beat BP 

I think the broken foil was a smoke screen to hide the fact that BP was just a faster boat

"A partnership agreement has been made with the International Monohull Open Class Association (IMOCA), which provides the exclusivity to use the IMOCA 60 for crewed round the world yacht races."

https://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/news/12065_Agreement-will-see-IMOCA-60-boats-in-next-race.html

I am not sure that is good for either single handed or crewed round the world races. It's an arms war now.

3 hours ago, Starkindler said:

"A partnership agreement has been made with the International Monohull Open Class Association (IMOCA), which provides the exclusivity to use the IMOCA 60 for crewed round the world yacht races."

https://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/news/12065_Agreement-will-see-IMOCA-60-boats-in-next-race.html

I am not sure that is good for either single handed or crewed round the world races. It's an arms war now.

Has been discussed quite extensively on the "Vor auction thread"

8 hours ago, sow1ld said:

Call me skeptical but For HB such a high profle boat in this day in age, there seems to be no pics of the 'broken foil' that was the 'reasoning HB didnt beat BP 

I think the broken foil was a smoke screen to hide the fact that BP was just a faster boat

Are you insane ??

There are endless photos of the missing foil during the race. Not detailed ones but it clearly is not there.  You are an idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DtM said:

Are you insane ??

There are endless photos of the missing foil during the race. Not detailed ones but it clearly is not there.  You are an idiot.

How are those reading comprehension lessons going for you?   Not as well as you hoped by the look of it. 

Because it's always so nice to see the arrivals of Armel and Alex.

Capture04.thumb.jpg.c7c2315525ce8dd28ba05f6dc9297503.jpgCapture01.jpg.3eafd80173cfd1d1a69c507a35e3007a.jpg

Capture02.jpg.10ad6e684ea889372787d74adea3ce1f.jpg

• Like 1

Are you insane ??

There are endless photos of the missing foil during the race. Not detailed ones but it clearly is not there.  You are an idiot.

Ok so im insane because I hadn't seen a pic of the broken foil and couldn't find one on line anywhere...humm not sure that classifies as insane nor an idiot. Instead of spending all day hiding behind a keyboard and being a tuff guy by slinging insults in the security of your own home I was out doing some yachting playing ball with my kids you know real life stuff.

Pretty sure you wouldnt be quite so hasty to call me a idiot if I was infront of you. But hey flame and insult away if you're boyfriend thinks ur the man cos u insulted a guy online over a broken foil then dont let me stand in your way tuff guy :)

still dont see how the vor will foil semi foil whatever with all the extra weight the build and crew requires.

22 hours ago, sow1ld said:

You're skeptical.

Correct I was but now I've seen some pics I'm not. Case closed?? Or should we thread drift this into some keyboard warrior slanging match from the safety of a few thousand miles...seems pointless 

2 minutes ago, sow1ld said:

Correct I was but now I've seen some pics I'm not. Case closed?? Or should we thread drift this into some keyboard warrior slanging match from the safety of a few thousand miles...seems pointless 

It says in your interests "Yachts yachting yacht design" but you hadn't seen a photo of that broken foil.. If you were interested at the time you could not have NOT seen the images, or perhaps you have just become interested and have missed out on some entertaining history. :) 

Honestly couldn't find a pic anywhere, none of my yachting mates had either. Couldnt find any an hr ago either. Im Getting the impression this anarchy place is just an excuse  to give random people shit for kicks. Instead of actually talking about yachting or being a g.c. its a ego stroking beat up...and over a foil again seems a bit silly...

As you where kids.....

17 minutes ago, sow1ld said:

Honestly couldn't find a pic anywhere, none of my yachting mates had either. Couldnt find any an hr ago either. Im Getting the impression this anarchy place is just an excuse  to give random people shit for kicks. Instead of actually talking about yachting or being a g.c. its a ego stroking beat up...and over a foil again seems a bit silly...

As you where kids.....

GOOGLE 'Hugo Boss Vendee Globe Finish' . click on Images, look about 4 rows down. There is a picture of Alex holding his son as they motor up the canal in LSD. Can you see the foil on the Starboard side?

That took me about 30 seconds...

Dude its already done.  Some good geezer posted the pics just a bit further up this thread so no need for us to try find them. I also said I was skeptical but now I've seen the pics I'm not.  Want to thread drift anymore yea nah?

14 minutes ago, Potter said:

GOOGLE 'Hugo Boss Vendee Globe Finish' . click on Images, look about 4 rows down. There is a picture of Alex holding his son as they motor up the canal in LSD. Can you see the foil on the Starboard side?

That took me about 30 seconds...

The doubters would no doubt be related to the same people that don't believe Apollo 11 landed on the moon? Also I think most people believe Hugo Boss was quickest of the new Imoca boats? I don't see any reason to pretend he had a broken foil? Armel arguably the better sailor in terms of endurance I would have thought?

2 hours ago, sow1ld said:

Dude its already done.  Some good geezer posted the pics just a bit further up this thread so no need for us to try find them. I also said I was skeptical but now I've seen the pics I'm not.  Want to thread drift anymore yea nah?

Image result for head up ass

Helps to have a look around sometimes.

Hehe oh your soooooo funny...said no one ever.  If you read what I said Mr funny pants I said I did have a look at the time but couldn't find anything on the broken foil. I don't spend as much time in a dark room trolling the internet as you do, I was playing ball with the kids, as ive said before.  You're much better this keyboard warrior tuff guy hero stuff than me :) You must make your boyfriend so proud

On 7/10/2018 at 12:54 PM, southerncross said:

New foils?

On 7/5/2018 at 6:45 PM, sow1ld said:

Hehe oh your soooooo funny...said no one ever.  If you read what I said Mr funny pants I said I did have a look at the time but couldn't find anything on the broken foil. I don't spend as much time in a dark room trolling the internet as you do, I was playing ball with the kids, as ive said before.  You're much better this keyboard warrior tuff guy hero stuff than me :) You must make your boyfriend so proud

Ooooh, a gay jibe. That’s original. 

On 6/8/2018 at 6:29 PM, HotSnail said:

That's a different plan view for sure..
Integrated bow sprit? But what are those lines that look like waterlines from a lines plan?
34558552_2479384848742219_16524768173212

If you look at the way Peter Hobson approaches design (Aura, 505, Contender, Class40), i bet the new HB  will be something special: IMHO he probably is one of the most innovative designers out there. (and i bet they checked the line drawings in that publicity photo very carefully so nothing is given away)