• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR.CLEAN

San Diego Places To Stay

With a rapid registration for over 500 guests, the Hilton is sold out for the US Sailing Leadership Forum where I am giving some kind of panel discussion, and Mer and I are looking for somewhere to stay in OB/Mission/PB. Anyone know a cute boutique hotel, a B&B, or have a room to rent us from February 5-9? Can stay at the Hilton for non-group rate, but that is pricey and we'd prefer something interesting and not a fortune. Ideas?

There's this Scott dude who runs a really cool website about sailing who lives not far from there. Maybe he could help?

Looking for something close to Mission Bay...not interested in a long commute to attend a fucking sailing conference! Anyone got a nice powerboat to loan out ;)

Looking for something close to Mission Bay...not interested in a long commute to attend a fucking sailing conference! Anyone got a nice powerboat to loan out ;)

No park benches out front? Drive out and put a sleeping bag in the back of your truck. Sack up, FFS! :-)

what kind of Budget you have to work with ??

what do you need to have ???

the Hilton is Spittin ($5 cab) distance from Hotel Circle

plenty of lowest price places around and Not a bad area

answer 1 & 2 and i'll make you a list !!!

^^^^^^^ that would have been my first suggestion

if the meeting was at Fiddler's or the Captain's Quarters

+ it might be too swanky :lol:

Clean will be more in Bay Park than SoMission, Mission, or PB

Think on I-5 East side/End of Mission Bay Great Place But not to much in walking distance

One MUST Know Budget and if rooms are availability at the Hilton but too pricey I say Hotel Circle WEST is the Best Bet 4 The Buck

Wish I had room I'm spittin distance from the Hilton :o

Just over the hill and near Shelter Island, but The Pearl is a good spot.

http://www.thepearlsd.com/

I second that vote for the Pearl- decent rates, retro chic, bordering hipster decor, beautifully remodeled. , (100ish a night) excellent bar/restraunt downstairs, hipster movie nights on the big screen on Wednesdays.

reservation made. Thanks all. Drop me a line if you want to get drunk in Pt. Loma, and if you're coming to the US Sailing thing make sure to register for our sure-to-be-exciting panel discussion. There were no preconditions and there's no love lost between much of our panel, so it should be pretty fucking entertaining.

Just over the hill and near Shelter Island, but The Pearl is a good spot.

http://www.thepearlsd.com/

I second that vote for the Pearl- decent rates, retro chic, bordering hipster decor, beautifully remodeled. , (100ish a night) excellent bar/restraunt downstairs, hipster movie nights on the big screen on Wednesdays.

reservation made. Thanks all. Drop me a line if you want to get drunk in Pt. Loma, and if you're coming to the US Sailing thing make sure to register for our sure-to-be-exciting panel discussion. There were no preconditions and there's no love lost between much of our panel, so it should be pretty fucking entertaining.

Richard Sherman has set the bar for conduct. :P

MS