• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dacapo

Derek Jeter to Retire

it always must come to and end at some point. One of the classiest players to ever wear an MLB uniform.

Amazing that I just went in with 3 friends for Yankee season tix yesterday ;-)

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24440372/yankees-derek-jeter-announces-2014-season-will-be-his-last

It's about time. He is obviously long past his prime.

With all the scandal about his life as a human chemistry experiment it is time for him to fade into the background for a while. Let's start paying attention to those players who actually excel on the field.

"Classy"?? WTF?? About as classy as Lance Armstrong!! :angry::(:rolleyes:

EDIT.. Do you think that folks who cheat at yacht racing are also "classy"?? :wacko:

I posted this somewhere else. My brother raced top amateur cycles in Europe for a season.

EVERYBODY DOPES. They couldn't believe he could do a drug test with no "perpetration".

In 88' after high school football season a kid I know went from pressing 150# to 200# in a couple months. That was my personnel witness of steroids. Dead before 30. Chemicals took his wife, kid, degree, reputation, then him.

My brother-in-law played college ball in late 80's and played USFL. He didn't know anybody who didn't on the starting squad. Trainers, coaches, doctors, they were a well trained team too.

My buddy would like to see an all dopeing Olympics just to see how far you can push a human.

Don't get it.

errr, are you all toothless drooling retards??

When has Derek Jeter EVER been associated with steroids, cheating or anyfuckingthing else? Get your heads out of you ass. If we were discussion ARoid, I;d be in agreement...

I hate Derek Jeter because he is a Yankee. It is actually quite remarkable that even with the stain on the game that is A-Rod there was never even a hint that Jeter was doping. Respect him as a player - hate him because he is a Yankee

MS

errr, are you all toothless drooling retards??

When has Derek Jeter EVER been associated with steroids, cheating or anyfuckingthing else? Get your heads out of you ass. If we were discussion ARoid, I;d be in agreement...

+1

Jeter has been awesome.

Jeter. Over rated as a fielder. Under rated as a hitter. Thought the game better then most. I never heard a peep about him and drugs. Had a better "dance" card then most men would have dreamed.

Random thoughts

Jeter. Over rated as a fielder. Under rated as a hitter. Thought the game better then most. I never heard a peep about him and drugs. Had a better "dance" card then most men would have dreamed.

Random thoughts

Jeter is a manwhore....jealously

jeter.jpg

Geez, what a bunch of bitter, jealous pricks...the guy has been a star, a leader, and a seemingly great guy (don't know him). Plus, he sleeps with supermodels and is retiring at the top of the game at 40.

What have you done that is so all fired terrific?

Geez, what a bunch of bitter, jealous pricks...the guy has been a star, a leader, and a seemingly great guy (don't know him). Plus, he sleeps with supermodels and is retiring at the top of the game at 40.

What have you done that is so all fired terrific?

hey...not jealous on my end (well, the hot chicks part maybe ;-) ) but I have seen Jeter from his rookie season, his 1st World Series and am a season ticket holder for his final season. One of the classiest guys to ever play the game.