• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Barnyb

Team France

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

NYYC has probably the world second best design team...

This and NYYC doesn't join to get their feet wet this cycle in the hopes of competing in the next cycle.  They join to compete now.

WetHog  :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Barnyb said:

French confirm America's Cup intent

"We will do everything to be there, we will work hard," Cammas said on a conference call as his team digested the protocol.

"The Cup remains the Cup, with major technological developments, and I like it. If we have the means, we will go with motivation. We will work hard to get there. "

Cammas admitted they would have preferred to continue in the 50-foot foiling catamaran class but believed they could be competitive in a high-performance monohull, noting he and his Groupama team had won the 2011-12 Volvo Ocean Race, beating Team New Zealand's entry Camper.

"It is a return to a tradition of the Cup. I'm not saying it's good news, we have to adapt. The last time we built a boat (except for Bermuda), it was a monohull, and it was the fastest in the world. The monohull is not unknown to us in France. You do not have to have a complex . "

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/central-north-island/sport/sport-region-6459/97565376/French-confirm-Americas-Cup-intent-and-New-York-Yacht-Club-look-set-to-return-in-Auckland

I love it...

Not a fan of the gabachos, but I'd love to see them on the CSS

On 10/5/2017 at 8:23 AM, Alinghi4ever said:

I'm not objecting to the NYYC. I just don't think that they will pose any serious threat at least for the time in AC 36...AC 37 should be their goal.

On Cammas: I don't think he has the money for AC 36. Talk is cheap from him.

Cammas is looking for a budget of $25/30 millions,( when people are talking $60M minimum for AC36 ),  even with Olivier de Kersauson and Michel Desjoyeaux in the project, it will be very difficult for them to find this kind of money.

1 hour ago, TackSea said:

Cammas is looking for a budget of $25/30 millions,( when people are talking $60M minimum for AC36 ),  even with Olivier de Kersauson and Michel Desjoyeaux in the project, it will be very difficult for them to find this kind of money.

He said 25M per year. Apparently, that's how the French formulate their budgets

On 10/6/2017 at 1:55 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

NYYC has probably the world second best design team...

Botin??

19 hours ago, ezyb said:

NYSC

Shit designers but a pretty good legal team. They'll inevitably win because they will get everyone else's boat reduced to a plank of wood with a broom and old bed sheet attached......

I note that 'Groupama Team France' have changed their name to 'Team France' in order to ensure that their name is consistent with the name of this thread.

• Like 2