Recommended Posts

Gosh Jimmy is a wally. Sounds like OTUSA will emerge with cyclors and try to claim they've been working on it for some time. He claims to have a mole in TNZ too. He reckons BAR is the pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"from the leak i've got in their team, they're picking Ben Ainslie Racing" Spithill in full flight. Time to send Dalts to those pressers! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sclarke said:

"from the leak i've got in their team, they're picking Ben Ainslie Racing" Spithill in full flight. Time to send Dalts to those pressers! haha

Now that i'd like to see. Dalts would rip Jimmy a new exit hole. It'd be as unfair as a loaded king post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good answer from Pete. That's the answer you'd get from a sportsmen, an olympian and someone who is as real as it gets. No B.S sledging towards other teams, or other nations media. Pete shut that down like a professional. Admitted openly what everyone saw on t.v, that they weren't good enough, but that they'd address it. Left nothing open for questioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sailing Anarchy. said:

Is it a " PRE" CHOKE? ... 

no way, pete is a multi world champion, olympic gold medalist, silver when he was just 21. What he has is not enough experience is starts in match racing. He's a winner, we are not out yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kiwi777 said:

no way, pete is a multi world champion, olympic gold medalist, silver when he was just 21. What he has is not enough experience is starts in match racing. He's a winner, we are not out yet

They need to either re-orientate, relocate or change how the buttons on the wheel are positioned because Burling seems to spend an inordinate amount of time looking at them when switching the correct ones. Wouldn't be surprised if he was distracted by them when they sailed OB..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BurLing is a great one design foiling sailor. That's all. 

 

The AC is about bigger boats, more crew, technology,  mental toughNess,  real pressure,  ...

 

He is unproven at this level. 

He is a great talent but not a proven talent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indio said:

They need to either re-orientate, relocate or change how the buttons on the wheel are positioned because Burling seems to spend an inordinate amount of time looking at them when sqitching the correct ones. Wouldn't be surprised if he was distracted by them when they sailed OB..

No!. Ashby calls the tactics, laylimes. ..

The boat is sailed with too many guy looking at switches, tablets, cyclor arses, ... and nobody looking out of the boat.

It's like kids with a Playstation v men with a heads up display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Indio said:

They need to either re-orientate, relocate or change how the buttons on the wheel are positioned because Burling seems to spend an inordinate amount of time looking at them when sqitching the correct ones. Wouldn't be surprised if he was distracted by them when they sailed OB..

I don't know, I think Pete just made mistakes. He's the first to admit that, the set-up has worked just fine thus far. Pete just needs the practice, and he'll get it against Ben Ainslie. I think foil choice MAY have let them down today, but these are guys who are realistic about sport. You win some, you lose some. This one got away, but given we lost the start, got 3 penalties and got outsmarted at the top mark, we still managed to keep it close. There's nothing wrong with our speed, and once we install the improvements they have coming, we'll be even faster. No need to panic. We'll dispatch BAR and then focus on Artemis. One thing at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Dock in show from Lester and Martin today? Since the presser's are so pathetic its the only place for some decent intel....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Piewarmer said:

Any Dock in show from Lester and Martin today? Since the presser's are so pathetic its the only place for some decent intel....... 

Agreed that presser was beyond a joke (journalism is truly dead eh), if it doesn't pick up in the LV semis then I hope the MC just steps in. ACEA actually do appear to be optimising things - crowd shots are way down. Now we just need VMG and we'll be almost there! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I see, ETNZ has a good,fast boat that will become even more potent as the winds calm in June. I think the area that they are weakest in right now is the duration from the pre start to rounding the first mark. They need to practice or even simulate the plays. I'm sure they've done it, but it needs to be done better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cyclors going fine. Tuke, Ashby and Burling need to be smarter. I wonder if Cammas will agree to practice with ETNZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

From what I see, ETNZ has a good,fast boat that will become even more potent as the winds calm in June. I think the area that they are weakest in right now is the duration from the pre start to rounding the first mark. They need to practice or even simulate the plays. I'm sure they've done it, but it needs to be done better.

There was good speed on that 2 nd leg so TNZ are happy with the speed (unlike BAR)

Some work to do on co-ordination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PB will get very hot-pressure starts against BA. The one he pulled today against DB (was it?), was truly brutal.

But PB, like GTF, did get double dinged even before Mark 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnyb said:

There was good speed on that 2 nd leg so TNZ are happy with the speed (unlike BAR)

Some work to do on co-ordination.

What do you guys make of our relatively silent boat? I thought Slingsby had a great race and added a lot of value. Could we have Tuke cycle less and strategise more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

What do you guys make of our relatively silent boat? I thought Slingsby had a great race and added a lot of value. Could we have Tuke cycle less and strategise more?

Etnz knew that Oracle will be listening so they've always planned to and are keeping it to a minimum, short, sharp, low volume.

I actually wonder is GA is doing the bulk of his communicating the course via his device, hence less talk and possibly explains PB looking down at something all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That whole race was sloppy - very similar to the performance Oracle put in against Artemis, ironically.

I'm guessing the Kiwis had a plan for the rollout of new kit and didn't want to deviate from it even though the opportunity opened up when ART beat Oracle. They may have made a call to simply try and outsail them. 

It hurts, but it may have a case of 'just try rattling them and see what happens today'. The fact NZ looked like they were playing silly buggers at the start suggests they were trying something outside of their well rehearsed sequences and it didn't pan out. 

Core boat speed looks OK but if they are planning on turning in that kind of performance again then their new kit will need to have an absolutely ridiculous speed edge - can't see it somehow. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Etnz had solid boat speed. Faster up slower down. If they'd won the start they would have won the race.

Either way, the important thing is who has left the most goodies in the closet.

That said, if Burling et al don't pull their fucking socks up they won't get a chance to race orifice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they planned to go 1-down if they make the Match. More likely they were committed to the configuration of the boat going by their Measurement Certificate being issued yesterday compared to OR-Xerox's dated today, suggesting they might configured as late as this morning based on their evidently-excellent weather forecasting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Indio said:

I doubt they planned to go 1-down if they make the Match. More likely they were committed to the configuration of the boat going by their Measurement Certificate being issued yesterday compared to OR-Xerox's dated today, suggesting they might configured as late as this morning based on their evidently-excellent weather forecasting.

I don't know if they realistically expected Oracle to go 0 - 2 against Artemis either so given the timeframes involved, there wouldn't have been much they could do when the opportunity to take that point came out of nowhere yet. 

Of more concern is how unpolished the crewing itself was :(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NZL5 said:

Cyclors going fine. Tuke, Ashby and Burling need to be smarter. I wonder if Cammas will agree to practice with ETNZ?

My thoughts exactly, PB needs pre-start to Mk1 practice.

The boat has speed but they need to think about postioning on the course a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rh2600 said:

Etnz knew that Oracle will be listening so they've always planned to and are keeping it to a minimum, short, sharp, low volume.

I actually wonder is GA is doing the bulk of his communicating the course via his device, hence less talk and possibly explains PB looking down at something all the time.

This, pretty quite onboard but everything is broadcast so why reveal anything at this stage.

Can't help thinking PB is playing a bit of the docile newbie at the moment to draw JS in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have nagging feeling that the semis against BAR won't be plain sailing for ETNZ as branded above... BAR IS slow in the light air, I'm not so sure they're dragging a bucket in the heavy air though. Besides, BAR is basically owning pre starts from what I see and is getting more and more stable by the day. I just hope BAR won't make a fool of themselves. Just be consistent and they'll do it. 

 

Watch out ETNZ, the Brits are coming :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NorthofSouth said:

I don't know if they realistically expected Oracle to go 0 - 2 against Artemis either so given the timeframes involved, there wouldn't have been much they could do when the opportunity to take that point came out of nowhere yet. 

Of more concern is how unpolished the crewing itself was :(  

They should have expected OR-Xerox to go down 0 from 2 - but to them (ETNZ) not to anyone else. That ART accounted for OR-Xerox twice was a bonus which they failed miserably to capitalise on. The bonus point opportunity didn't just come "out of nowhere": Burling admitted yesterday they were all rooting for ART so they knew the bonus point was on from the moment they went 8-7 against OR-Xerox.

 

3 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

Can't help thinking PB is playing a bit of the docile newbie at the moment to draw JS in.

It would be a plan so cunning they could put a tail on it and call it a weasel - if true! Even to the extent of going 1-down in the Match?? This would require the ultimate unfailing conviction of faith in Burling, a requirement I just can't justify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raptorsailor said:

I have nagging feeling that the semis against BAR won't be plain sailing for ETNZ as branded above... BAR IS slow in the light air, I'm not so sure they're dragging a bucket in the heavy air though. Besides, BAR is basically owning pre starts from what I see and is getting more and more stable by the day. I just hope BAR won't make a fool of themselves. Just be consistent and they'll do it. 

 

Watch out ETNZ, the Brits are coming :D 

I hope BAR does put the acid on ETNZ.

In reality I reckon pre-start to MK1 will be hell fire and then it'll be business as usual.

Predicting a love score for BAR.

What's the shed for tomorrow, two races?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

I hope BAR does put the acid on ETNZ.

In reality I reckon pre-start to MK1 will be hell fire and then it'll be business as usual.

Predicting a love score for BAR.

What's the shed for tomorrow, two races?

Yes, two for each semi-final.

Windguru has a forecast of 7 knots at midday dropping to 4 by 3pm, so it seems unlikely there'll be racing. In that case it'd be (as necessary) two per day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then three on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, surfsailor said:

Hey hey, play nice - the ETNZ cheerleading squad are still in the 'denial' stage of grief!

LOL

After the first defeat to Jimmy the Legend they were saying how Burling did well enough to get a psychological edge. :rolleyes:

Burling wins by the same margin today and it's 'a psychological blow'. Jimmy the Legend wins and it's 'not showing all our cards yet'.

The irony of calling Jimmy the Legend arrogant is that today was Race 1 in the Cup race itself and Team ChokeJob were the proxy reps for whoever the challenger is. Are they really so arrogant as to just give away a Cup race ?

It's all good.

He's got kiwis not wanting to watch press conferences, he's so far inside their heads it's a joy to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I couldn't watch the races today, so, did PB sucked or were they sandbagging ?

they mostly sucked today, but did had speed so, lots of hope there

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I couldn't watch the races today, so, did PB sucked or were they sandbagging ?

If you're a supporter of Burling then it was 'trying new tactics in a dead rubber'.

What the rest of Planet Earth saw was Burling sucking the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimmy the Legend said:

If you're a supporter of Burling then it was 'trying new tactics in a dead rubber'.

What the rest of Planet Earth saw was Burling sucking the sweat off a dead man's balls.

And you're an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetical question... 

If we take the round robin results as a form guide. ETNZ have the beating of Artemis, Artemis have the beating of OR, and OR have the beating of ETNZ. 

 

Would you rather...

A. Qualify for the finals but lose to OR and LE and RC get to continue raping the AC  

 

B. Lose to Artemis in the LV and have Artemis continue on to beat Oracle and wrestle the cup away from RC and LE's cold dead hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, the ignore user feature is brilliant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an extreme dissapointment.  Where is the killer instinct from ENTZ?  That was essentially a Cup race that they lost.  No other way to spin it.  Tactics were terrible even besides the multiple penalties. First upwind they close in on OR only to tack away into nothing?  Come on.

 The choking continues.....

 

Why does ETNZ wait to sail their worst races against OR????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out of town for the past day and read everything from yesterday through to today .

What a difference a day makes . 

It is getting interesting around here :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jimmy the Legend said:

If you're a supporter of Burling then it was 'trying new tactics in a dead rubber'.

What the rest of Planet Earth saw was Burling sucking the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Seriouosly another sock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Man Overboard said:

Well, Oracle clearly learnt nothing about Aotearoa today so we'll see if that's worth a point in the long run.

Well, I'd say Spithill learned he can bully Burling and get away with it. Burling is gun-shy from the BAR rear-ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the plus side that jimmy is so distracted by how good he thinks he is, that it didn't get the message today. that he only lost BECAUSE Etnz made mistakes.  

Which bodes well.  Cause one thing you can do is reduce mistakes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

What an extreme dissapointment.  Where is the killer instinct from ENTZ?  That was essentially a Cup race that they lost.  No other way to spin it.  Tactics were terrible even besides the multiple penalties. First upwind they close in on OR only to tack away into nothing?  Come on.

 The choking continues.....

 

Why does ETNZ wait to sail their worst races against OR????

 

Possibly the worst race of the series 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a whisper ETNZ had a system problem so they didn't know where the boundary was and they did not know they had a penalty.

Maybe it was not an ETNZ problem but an ACEA problem too !!!!!

Maybe they don't want that out in the public just yet but I don't know why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

What an extreme dissapointment.  Where is the killer instinct from ENTZ?  That was essentially a Cup race that they lost.  No other way to spin it.  Tactics were terrible even besides the multiple penalties. First upwind they close in on OR only to tack away into nothing?  Come on.

 The choking continues.....

 

Why does ETNZ wait to sail their worst races against OR????

 

On the other hand, ETNZ lost the start, incurred 3 penalties and got passed. Yet still kept the race tight. Remember the endgame. We achieved the first objective, we finished as top challenger with an inexperienced team with the least amount of time on the water than any other team. Reducing mistakes is achievable. Better to make them now than in the match itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy the Legend said:

After the first defeat to Jimmy the Legend they were saying how Burling did well enough to get a psychological edge. :rolleyes:

Burling wins by the same margin today and it's 'a psychological blow'. Jimmy the Legend wins and it's 'not showing all our cards yet'.

The irony of calling Jimmy the Legend arrogant is that today was Race 1 in the Cup race itself and Team ChokeJob were the proxy reps for whoever the challenger is. Are they really so arrogant as to just give away a Cup race ?

It's all good.

He's got kiwis not wanting to watch press conferences, he's so far inside their heads it's a joy to watch.

Delete your account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sclarke said:

On the other hand, ETNZ lost the start, incurred 3 penalties and got passed. Yet still kept the race tight. Remember the endgame. We achieved the first objective, we finished as top challenger with an inexperienced team with the least amount of time on the water than any other team. Reducing mistakes is achievable. Better to make them now than in the match itself.

They achieved the second objective too, fooling Jimmy into thinking he has their number  !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jimmy the Legend said:

I feel right at home here. :)

I'm glad. But you're still an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiwing said:

They achieved the second objective too, fooling Jimmy into thinking he has their number  !!

Got him right where we want him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sclarke said:

Got him right where we want him.

PB did day at yesterday's presser it doesn't really matter much if they win the race, (today's race) or not. 

Jimmy looked subdued yesterday and a massive a-hole today. A couple of losses may let PB poke a finger into Jimmy's chest. 

Now that's something worth waiting for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, don't feed the trolls.

second ... All things considered the team is doing bloody well. The most inexperienced team and top of the fleet. PB is a very fast learner. No worries. Bring on the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happie Jack said:

However the endgame reality was that this race WAS Heat 1 of the 35AC in race win points!

Any serious talk about the objective not being to win the first heat points, is crazy chat.

Yes it was an important one to lose, but its not the be-all and end-all. One point is one race. ETNZ wins one race, its even steven. Plenty of time to improve and learn. ETNZ ended up with the same record as Oracle with just 2 losses. Oracle needed the ACWS point to win the series. Given its a brand new team in all aspects and we have the same win/ loss record as the defender, it bodes well for the future. The future is the Americas Cup match. Oracle started 2 points down and won the thing. There's no reason why ETNZ can't win only point down, none what so ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Happie Jack said:

However the endgame reality was that this race WAS Heat 1 of the 35AC in race win points!

Any serious talk about the objective not being to win the first heat points, is crazy chat.

Winning the point was only possible once ART beat OR. That only happened the day before and they sure as hell weren't going to reconfigure their boat overnight to the extent that they gave away whatever else is 'in the shed' this early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorthofSouth said:

Winning the point was only possible once ART beat OR. That only happened the day before and they sure as hell weren't going to reconfigure their boat overnight to the extent that they gave away whatever else is 'in the shed' this early. 

Sadly,they didnt have to show their "cards" to win.  They just needed to calm the fuck down and quit choking against OR.ENTZ crushed AR multiple times.Why ENTZ freaks the fuck out and starts doing stupid shit when the red and black boat shows up is beyond me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enzedel92 said:

Sadly,they didnt have to show their "cards" to win.  They just needed to calm the fuck down and quit choking against OR.ENTZ crushed AR multiple times.Why ENTZ freaks the fuck out and starts doing stupid shit when the red and black boat shows up is beyond me...

Even more frustrating when they clearly have the speed but then do ridiculous shit like trying to force penalties on a boat that they could actually just beat outright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Qman said:

That is the plus side that jimmy is so distracted by how good he thinks he is, that it didn't get the message today. that he only lost BECAUSE Etnz made mistakes.  

Which bodes well.  Cause one thing you can do is reduce mistakes.  

Yeah, nah. ETNZ talked up the challenge of racing under pressure and couldn't match the talk.

Reducing mistakes isn't enough. They've got to put pressure on to force their opponents to make mistakes.

Seems we've a lot to learn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Happie Jack said:

However the endgame reality was that this race WAS Heat 1 of the 35AC in race win points!

Any serious talk about the objective not being to win the first heat points, is crazy chat.

Last AC taught ETNZ that even 7 AC wins in can be too early to show your goods, so you'll pardon ETNZ for holding back on the boat front for just 1 win and then weeks of shed time for the defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kia Ora said:

First off, don't feed the trolls.

second ... All things considered the team is doing bloody well. The most inexperienced team and top of the fleet. PB is a very fast learner. No worries. Bring on the finals.

I get confused trying to work out what is trolling and genuine statements of conversations sometimes. There is a lot of hamuti in here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

I get confused trying to work out what is trolling and genuine statements of conversations sometimes. There is a lot of hamuti in here. 

"Hamuti" Tino pai!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happie Jack said:

Are you trying to troll the veteran French team?

"The most inexperienced team" lol

Are they not the most inexperienced team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happie Jack said:

The French or the Nzers? Kia Ora has me comfused!

Reading his post back, he is clearly saying the Kiwi's are the most inexperienced team, and he would be right, and today it showed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happie Jack said:

But this thread has at least 140 ish pages saying otherwise?

What can I say... don't believe everything you read. The internet can lie to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sclarke said:

Great interview! Ray Davies doesn't pull any punches here. Also is very informative when he needs to be. Really good interview. This is real talk.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/veitch-on-sport/audio/ray-davies-team-nzs-error-ridden-performance/

Interesting they set the boat up to keep PB "heads up" yet several reports have him busy looking down at something at key points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happie Jack said:

But this thread has at least 140 ish pages saying otherwise?

I think the true most inexperienced are now excused from further racing.

ONE OF the most inexperienced are now excused. The other just picked their semi final opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, react said:

Interesting they set the boat up to keep PB "heads up" yet several reports have him busy looking down at something at key points.

He does look around a lot. That much is evident from the TV coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ What did I just read? 

Kia Ora ment the sailors aboard TNZ are inexperienced at AC. 

49ers is a vicious class sailed by some mean SOBs. PB and BT are hardened that way. Some match racing helm time would help. That's where the old school back office members of the team can help. Only helm time really gets the knowledge up though. 

This ain't over by a long shit. Oh it's goooood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after they Los one they are now one of the most inexperienced terms ?  

This cant be the same team we have been hearing about for the past many days .

The one that has been proudly serving God and country for decades .

Led by Grant Dalton the AARP representative for the AC .

The tune shure does change around here in a heartbeat . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happie Jack said:

The rookie, to AC50 classe team Oracle, did alright as well! :ph34r:

Mate, they're all rookies to the AC50. Its the first time the class has been used. Oracle has the experience from the 72. ETNZ doesn't. Ashby is the only one left from that campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling deflated about the loss, but we've still got time to improve, and clearly we need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxmini said:

So after they Los one they are now one of the most inexperienced terms ?  

This cant be the same team we have been hearing about for the past many days .

The one that has been proudly serving God and country for decades .

Led by Grant Dalton the AARP representative for the AC .

The tune shure does change around here in a heartbeat . 

 

They are the most inexperienced team. There is no denying that. The fact they've been winning is testament to their skill, not their experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah nah as they say. PB is the most inexperienced helm in the fleet. Spent too much frittering away getting medals in the 49er. Then he could only to top the fleet. In my book that's not toooooo dodgy. He is like BA in that when he is down, he certainly isn't out. Keeps coming back. We ain't seen nothin' yet guys and gals and trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happie Jack said:

I think Trump/ Spicer/ Huckerbee style "truth", is overtaking NZ... bigly

I think the climate in America is making people stupid. But don't worry, climate change is a lie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Feeling deflated about the loss, but we've still got time to improve, and clearly we need to.

Yep. We better had and fast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Yep. We better had and fast.

 

There's still time - lots of sailing to go. I don't mind being the under dog, and are happy if Oracle think they have our measure. This was always going to be hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

There's still time - lots of sailing to go. I don't mind being the under dog, and are happy if Oracle think they have our measure. This was always going to be hard.

One small correction - OTUSA does have our measure. 

We'd better change that - and damn fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sclarke said:

They are the most inexperienced team. There is no denying that. The fact they've been winning is testament to their skill, not their experience.

The real "team " on the boat are the same two guys that many firmly believe  would be unstoppable on their dominating of  the 49er class . The other 4 are more pumps than anything else even if there is some other contributions to the process . Those four didn't botch the start , they didn't drive the boat out of bounds , the gold medal team did it . Perhaps all that experience racing a boat you can carry on a car top doesn't equate to the real world of the AC after all . 

 I still think ET is a formidable team even if some of their former fans are already starting to list the excuses why they lost which I tend to think is a bit premature . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxmini said:

The real "team " on the boat are the same two guys that many firmly beli fed would be unstoppable on their dominating the 49er class . The other 4 are more pumps than anything else even if there is some other contributions to the process . Those four didn't botch the start , they didn't drive the boat out of bounds , the gold medal team did it . Perhaps all that experience racing a boat you can carry on a car top doesn't equate to the real world of the AC after all . 

 I still think ET is a formidable team even if some of their former fans are already starting to list the excuses why they lost which I tend to think is a bit premature . 

No excuses, Stinger. We've clearly got to do better - and quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

One small correction - OTUSA does have our measure. 

We'd better change that - and damn fast.

They do at this stage for sure. But it is not over till the fat lady sings, and I have faith that ENTZ can still leverage their deep knowledge and skills into a winning formula. I think we're entitled to still feel positive, despite the blip yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

They do at this stage for sure. But it is not over till the fat lady sings, and I have faith that ENTZ can still leverage their deep knowledge and skills into a winning formula. I think we're entitled to still feel positive, despite the blip yesterday.

Nothing wrong with feeling positive, so long as the lessons are learnt.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, maxmini said:

The real "team " on the boat are the same two guys that many firmly believe  would be unstoppable on their dominating of  the 49er class . The other 4 are more pumps than anything else even if there is some other contributions to the process . Those four didn't botch the start , they didn't drive the boat out of bounds , the gold medal team did it . Perhaps all that experience racing a boat you can carry on a car top doesn't equate to the real world of the AC after all . 

 I still think ET is a formidable team even if some of their former fans are already starting to list the excuses why they lost which I tend to think is a bit premature . 

Just because Oracle are only a team sometimes doesn't mean ETNZ are the same. 6 People were on that boat, 6 people lost that race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Nothing wrong with feeling positive, so long as the lessons are learnt.

 

You learn more from a loss - so they say? Nothing like a reality check to keep the guys focused. We're still in this, the boat is fast, we have good sailors and I wouldn't count us out just yet. I'm still a believer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that Burling has made some very thoughtful comments/insights into today's racing and subsequent loss. He made mistakes but seems aware of that fact and the equal possibility of learning from those missteps and learning/repeating the positives that went right..  Oracle won a race today but not the cup.

There is a reason Burling is the helmsman of ETNZ and that starts with his levelheadedness, not too high not to low.  No wasted energy.

From his demeanor today it was hard to tell if he lost or won-  As a athlete you do not want to get swept up by emotions or posturing like some.

 

Great racing and TV broadcasts/commentary so far-  Everything has been a success, RC must be sky-high..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwing said:

There is a whisper ETNZ had a system problem so they didn't know where the boundary was and they did not know they had a penalty.

Maybe it was not an ETNZ problem but an ACEA problem too !!!!!

Maybe they don't want that out in the public just yet but I don't know why?

Just watched the race a few minutes ago and popped in here to see the Kiwi excuse machine in action. Never disappointed by you fuckwits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sclarke said:

Great interview! Ray Davies doesn't pull any punches here. Also is very informative when he needs to be. Really good interview. This is real talk.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/veitch-on-sport/audio/ray-davies-team-nzs-error-ridden-performance/

Well worth a listen.

doesnt listen to spit all ... He's a bit up himself. Lovely. They always have to talk as is isn't a tactician. Fair comment.

cheers Clark with an e ... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites