• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

9 minutes ago, Indio said:

I'm a little surprised she was not awarded what she claimed, given they'd effectively disestablished her position and ostensibly created a new one @ $65k less than she was being paid - and then they turned around and did not proceed with the new position. It reads like a deliberate ploy to get rid of a highly-paid position - i.e constructive dismissal. The ERA seems to have listened more to the employer's argument of being prevented from concluding her redundancy dismissal earlier had she not taken off to BDA to watch AC35, than the fact that they manufactured her redundancy.

Sounds pretty likely. No sympathy from me though. These HR types are a waste of space, IME.

12 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Sounds pretty likely. No sympathy from me though. These HR types are a waste of space, IME.

Unfortunately, HR managers are a necessary evil with the comprehensive Employment Relations and related laws on our legislature. The $165k salary quickly becomes relative should an impulsive manager in the organisation let his ego, temper or both to affect a decision which the ambulance-chasing employment lawyers can latch on to and turn into a multi-thousand-dollar settlement.

7 hours ago, Kiwing said:

I hope we can get back to sailing soon.

Over to you, Kiwing. What ya got? ;)

On 2/12/2018 at 7:08 AM, Sailbydate said:

Bill English has gone the way of the AC34* cheaters. Always felt he was too nice for politics, but he'll get a nice cushy ambassadorial gig somewhere in Europe.

Double Dipton Blinglish nice? :huh:

Conservative & bland yes, nice no.

More likely a 7-digit Finance gig like Key.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:08 AM, Sailbydate said:

While swimming at Long beach a foiling Kite flier entertainer us all.  As he came into the shore I rushed to help. Just beyond the break he dropped off the foil and I realized his Kite dropped on the grass beside his car and he walked in with foil under one arm and looping the "strings" what do they call them?). he was packed into the car and gone in less time than it takes me to get the rig off my laser!!

Wish I had a waterproof phone (to video him) in my pocket!!

2 hours ago, Kiwing said:

While swimming at Long beach a foiling Kite flier entertainer us all.  As he came into the shore I rushed to help. Just beyond the break he dropped off the foil and I realized his Kite dropped on the grass beside his car and he walked in with foil under one arm and looping the "strings" what do they call them?). he was packed into the car and gone in less time than it takes me to get the rig off my laser!!

Wish I had a waterproof phone (to video him) in my pocket!!

Impressive. I bet he made it all look sooooo easy too. Bastard! ;)

11 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

Parker's plan to use AC36 as the driver to move on the environmental disaster that's the tank farm is starting to come together - with the Labour lapdog Goff falling in step. Someone has been telling porkies if the government's option is cheaper than the other two - even with the high cost of decontamination of the tank sites.

Panuku is deafeningly silent..

4 hours ago, NZL4EVER said:

Plueeeze!  

The latest developments in this shitfight were ventilated three hours before your post. And in the logical thread, namely  in AC36 - The Venue

I'll be posting my thoughts and observations there. I hope you'll do the same to avoid split threads.

3 hours ago, Indio said:

Parker's plan to use AC36 as the driver to move on the environmental disaster that's the tank farm is starting to come together - with the Labour lapdog Goff falling in step. Someone has been telling porkies if the government's option is cheaper than the other two - even with the high cost of decontamination of the tank sites.

Panuku is deafeningly silent..

More likely someone's been talking porkies if the government's option is dearer!

But I digress 

The latest developments in this shitfight were ventilated three hours before your post. And in the logical thread, namely  in AC36 - The Venue

I'll be posting my thoughts and observations there. I hope you'll do the same to avoid split threads.

Fugitive pirate involved in Sir Peter Blake's murder caught after 15 years on the run

One of the fugitive killers of record-breaking yachtsman Sir Peter Blake has been captured by police after more than 15 years on the run.

Jose Irandir Cardoso was arrested after military police who intercepted him at a routine stop on the Brazilian island of Marajo found he was carrying his brother's ID and discovered his true identity after checking his fingerprints at a local station.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11995692

Arsehole!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stingray~~ said:

For darn sure but iirc Blake is who started the actual shooting, and this guy is not who shot back after Blake’s gun jammed.

Wtf? Victim blaming much?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stingray~~ said:

Nope, just relating what the articles say

stating facts still has implications... Especially when including a "but"

Female is assaulted - "but she was wearing skimpy clothes" may be a statement of fact - still implies blame see

2 hours ago, rh2600 said:

stating facts still has implications... Especially when including a "but"

Female is assaulted - "but she was wearing skimpy clothes" may be a statement of fact - still implies blame see

spinray is a black man with a huge block on each shoulder, whose credibility fluctuates with the temperature in whatever topic he can copy-'n-paste links to so that he doesn't have to think too much. Hence his blaming the victim foot-in-mouth comment on the murder of Sir Peter Blake.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stingray~~ said:

Nope, just relating what the articles say

Still a pretty shitty thing to say. Blakes boat was boarded by guys with guns who weren't afraid to use them. 

1 hour ago, sclarke said:

Blakes boat was boarded by guys with guns who weren't afraid to use them. 

There’s no argument to be had there, even if this guy didn’t fire a shot he’s still an effing bastard for being any part of it.

A much bigger story would have been if the actual Blake murderer had been re-arrested.

What is the point of personal attack?  It only weakens the argument in most peoples eyes?

When will we see a boat in the water sailing?  Anyone got an intelligent guess?

^ wow that is pretty strong!  While I agree we should save as many lives as we can, I disagree with the method.

NZ has fewer guns and fewer murders, more cars and more road deaths, those drivers who cause death -> ?

Sorry TC you pushed a button?

I completely admit that some may disagree, in my country's justice system this guy would get away pretty well as we can't demonstrate he pulled the trigger.

There is not much gun control on the amazon and an honest sailor's life is worth more than these groups of assassins.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 2:19 PM, Tornado-Cat said:

Any arsehole of the group that killed Blake deserve capital punishment and we should begin with this one.

The example will save other sailors lifes.

Where is your evidence that capital punishment saves lives.

3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

of course he would say that

odds are though that luna rossa and Quantum will be too new to foiling

the only real challenger's would be land rover i'd say, if they can get their shit together after last cycle, or Artemis if they rock up at all

Seems like one or more of the teams should hire Oracle Racing talent and perhaps purchase Oracle Racing tech IP. There's also a lot of talent from the other teams and from other foiling classes. It's going to be a real test as to which team figures out this frankenboat, though.

1 hour ago, inebriated said:

of course he would say that

odds are though that luna rossa and Quantum will be too new to foiling

the only real challenger's would be land rover i'd say, if they can get their shit together after last cycle, or Artemis if they rock up at all

Quantum racing, possibly, but Luna Rossa are NOT new to foiling.