Bob Perry

10 mill$ poweryacht capsize during launch in Anacortes

3 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Yup. You hit them in the knees more or less and they come through the windshield and kill you.

After we hit a deer outside of Elmira (yes), the strange tow truck driver from Idaho told us that the safest thing to do is to speed up as much as you can before you hit them.  That way they are thrown high into the air, sometimes landing on top of a gas station in Davenport.  He had most of his teeth, and weighed less that 350, so I believed him.  If he had been a she, she would have been Large Marge.  I shit you not.

But Moose?  They will kill you because they are blind, deaf, dumb, big, mean and stupid.   Like the one out in our yard right now.  Of course the terrier thinks he can take her.  And he needs to pee.  I don’t want the dog to pee on the carpeting.  More than I am terrified of this prehistoric giant thing out on our patio that will not run into the fog just because I have a flashlight.  And a small white dog who thinks he runs the universe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

There is a huge difference between hitting a roo and hitting a moose. A moose is 500kg of meat at head height in most passenger vehicles.

You calling me small mate?

Roger, a kangaroo

Agree completely, I've seen plenty of moose in Maine - wouldn't want to mess with them! Have to take evasive action for both tho'.....

• Like 1

A moose is capable of derailing a railroad locomotive - imagine what it can do to a Honda.

Not sure how this got round to Bullwinkle, but I had a few moose-episodes when I lived in Idunno.  Including one exacerbated by a small yappy dog.  If you have never been suddenly nose-to-nose with a moose, you just have no idea.  And they are aquatic.  And submarine.  Like a squirrel, a croc, and Godzilla all rolled into one.

OK, I may have posted this before, but this begs at least one moose story.  So, I rolled out of my tent at dawn at a lake three-days hike into the Bitterroots, and brewed up a nice mug of coffee.  While the oats were cooking, I took a stroll along the shore to sip my coffee and water some parched-looking shrubbery.  The sun was just peeking over the ridge.  My breath was steaming, the coffee was steaming, the lake was slightly steaming. The stream of piss on the bushes was steaming...  It was a pretty contented moment.  Then I noticed some bubbles rising up at the edge of the lake, so I took a closer look.  (At the time, aquatic gasses were sort of my thing.) I had no idea how deep the water was. Was the sun warming the sediment?  Then I noticed the water weeds were stirring around. ...? Just then, the surface of the water erupted and this fucking monster lunged out of the lake about three feet in front of me.  Antlers full of weed, water cascading off  its head and shoulders, shaking its head back and forth.  If a dog shaking off water is a rain storm, this was a hurricane. And then it noticed me.  Standing there, slack-jawed. Coffee in one hand, dick in the other.  Which was actually a good thing, because otherwise the piss would have been running down my leg...  For about ten seconds we stared at each other, trying to decide what we were going to do about the situation.  Just then, this random group of people on horseback rode up behind me (wtf?!) and the moose jumped back in the lake and swam away.  (Fast!) Most of them didn’t even see it until I pointed out the rapidly-receding speck on the far side of the lake (whilst unobtrusively sorting my shorts.). 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, toddster said:

Not sure how this got round to Bullwinkle, but I had a few moose-episodes when I lived in Idunno.  Including one exacerbated by a small yappy dog.  If you have never been suddenly nose-to-nose with a moose, you just have no idea.  And they are aquatic.  And submarine.  Like a squirrel, a croc, and Godzilla all rolled into one.

OK, I may have posted this before, but this begs at least one moose story.  So, I rolled out of my tent at dawn at a lake three-days hike into the Bitterroots, and brewed up a nice mug of coffee.  While the oats were cooking, I took a stroll along the shore to sip my coffee and water some parched-looking shrubbery.  The sun was just peeking over the ridge.  My breath was steaming, the coffee was steaming, the lake was slightly steaming. The stream of piss on the bushes was steaming...  It was a pretty contented moment.  Then I noticed some bubbles rising up at the edge of the lake, so I took a closer look.  (At the time, aquatic gasses were sort of my thing.) I had no idea how deep the water was. Was the sun warming the sediment?  Then I noticed the water weeds were stirring around. ...? Just then, the surface of the water erupted and this fucking monster lunged out of the lake about three feet in front of me.  Antlers full of weed, water cascading off  its head and shoulders, shaking its head back and forth.  If a dog shaking off water is a rain storm, this was a hurricane. And then it noticed me.  Standing there, slack-jawed. Coffee in one hand, dick in the other.  Which was actually a good thing, because otherwise the piss would have been running down my leg...  For about ten seconds we stared at each other, trying to decide what we were going to do about the situation.  Just then, this random group of people on horseback rode up behind me (wtf?!) and the moose jumped back in the lake and swam away.  (Fast!) Most of them didn’t even see it until I pointed out the rapidly-receding speck on the far side of the lake (whilst unobtrusively sorting my shorts.). 

So, basically, you're telling us that this big, scary, prehistoric, nasty killer creature swam away at the sight of your willy?

I know we all take some pride, and may exaggerate on occasion, but c'mon.

• Like 3

Aha! 

"Do you want to see my moose-frightener?"

"Charles, put it away. You'll frighten the moose."

5 hours ago, Black Sox said:

So, basically, you're telling us that this big, scary, prehistoric, nasty killer creature swam away at the sight of your willy?

I know we all take some pride, and may exaggerate on occasion, but c'mon.

9 hours ago, Amati said:

After we hit a deer outside of Elmira (yes), the strange tow truck driver from Idaho told us that the safest thing to do is to speed up as much as you can before you hit them.  That way they are thrown high into the air, sometimes landing on top of a gas station in Davenport.  He had most of his teeth, and weighed less that 350, so I believed him.  If he had been a she, she would have been Large Marge.  I shit you not.

Speed up before you hit them? Was he hunting deer with his car?

If you have enough time and distance to actually speed up, you've got enough time to swerve or brake and maybe not hit them or not hit them as hard.

• Like 1

all i know is, no way im gunna try to swerve around a moose or anything else at 60 mph in my pickup.

1 hour ago, IStream said:

If you have enough time and distance to actually speed up, you've got enough time to swerve or brake and maybe not hit them or not hit them as hard.

Well, duh, but this was Large Marge!  Male division!  

9 hours ago, toddster said:

(whilst unobtrusively sorting my shorts.). 

How did you manage to change them unobtrusively?

2 hours ago, IStream said:

My brother-in-law had a bad experience with a deer. It was a hit by an on-coming car and launched onto his windshield and subsequently onto him. 

14 minutes ago, SemiSalt said:

My brother-in-law had a bad experience with a deer. It was a hit by an on-coming car and launched onto his windshield and subsequently onto him. 

Well at least people don’t get whacked on the highway by unbalanced motor yachts.  ?

(I did almost get taken out once by a pair of poorly-secured kayaks launched off the top of a Subaru.)

image.png.2cc54f6a6a6136d86ef65c0728efc8d6.png

Driving through backroads of Nova Scotia my brother was at the wheel and I was sleeping on the back seat. As I was able to stretch out it will give a sense of my size/age.

2CV a clever car you could adjust the mostly decorative headlights for varying trim...they had last been adjusted with adults in the back seat so they were both feeble and aimed just in front of the fragile metal bar known as a bumper.

My brother noticed a glint ahead. He braked hard, a relative term given the  drum brakes in 2CV but still enough to trim nose down, dumping me on the floor. By the time I got my eyes above the front seat the car was stopped and the only thing visible through the windscreen was moose flank and belly. I don’t think we made contact but I think the bonnet was under the belly. She sauntered off unperturbed. She probably had no reason to be bothered, had we not stopped it would not have gone well for at least my brother but I’m not sure the moose would have been bothered much by flattening some canvass along with a front and rear windscreen held on with a few strips of tin.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

That could have gone badly...impaled by airborne antlers

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Well, duh, but this was Large Marge!  Male division!  

Happy 80th Birthday, Large Marge! - Bloody Disgusting

24 minutes ago, toddster said:

(I did almost get taken out once by a pair of poorly-secured kayaks launched off the top of a Subaru.)

My wife had to dodge a bike rack loaded with bikes that came off in front of her once.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, SloopJonB said:

What kind of fool would run a big 4X4 through a slalom at 30 or 40 MPH?

That's called 'Denver, rush hour, any given day.'  A vehicle -- car, boat or plane -- needs to be designed to withstand forseeable usage. That doesn't mean every passenger jet should be capable of forward loops with two barrel rolls -- but if a qualified pilot, fighting jet-wash on takeoff, can snap off the tail section by mashing the pedals, then the tail is too weak or the pedals are too strong. If an SUV or pickup sold and used primarily as a commuter rolls over during a medium-speed evasive maneuver on smooth pavement, its CofG is too high for its wheelbase, or it needs stiffer struts. If your 40' displacement pleasure yacht design flops on its side because the skipper waggles the wheel a few spokes at seven knots on flat water, you may suck as an NA.

• Like 3

and if your $ 10 million dollar poweryacht falls over like the town drunk in an Irish novel at launch.... 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, TQA said:

Nope.

Boat designer/builder / modifier error. 

FFS it was not going fast and it was not a tight turn. 

Someone screwed up on the stability calcs. Always supposing they did any.

I wonder if that was the seagoing equivalent of the 'MOOSE TEST '

Fuck! That’s not a good look for them. How could all those Middle East ISIS guys be wrong?:P

On 1/10/2019 at 3:57 PM, Sail4beer said:

That boat is so tied up in litigation that it will be scrapped in about 50 years when all is settled.

It can’t be that hard to work out where the fuck up happeded? Guess it’s the insurance guys fighting.?

Teams of lawyers on both sides - it'll take years if not decades.

If course it’s going to be the designer’s, builder’s and insurance companies  litigating to the end of the cash carrot before coming to a private settlement. Just the finders fee on that case will get a lawyer a nice chunk of cash from his firms take.

The lawyers will have blead them dry by payout time comes by the Sound of it! 

On 1/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, SloopJonB said:

What kind of fool would run a big 4X4 through a slalom at 30 or 40 MPH?

There was a 60 Minutes or equivalent years ago that did a big "Expose" on the dangers of Jeep CJ's - they would roll when you did a square turn into a parking lot at 35 MPH.

Scandalous - who would have expected that?

It all started with the Undanmanöverprov in 1970 in Sweden. My chef tells me that this means the swerve test and no moose were ever harmed in the test. Unlike the real thing the law abiding Swedes reported 5874 vehicle versus moose collisions in 2016. Mostly the moose dies, mostly the car is a write off and some occupants are hurt or die every year. 

So swerving around a moose is basically a good idea providing the vehicle does not roll. 

They carry out the test until the vehicle becomes unstable and usually the expert driver catches it as per Toyota vid.

On October 21, 1997, the journalist Robert Collin from the motor magazine Teknikens Värld overturned the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class at 60 kmh. They also tested a Trabant at that speed and it passed . Yes a Trabbie will do 60 kmh. 

He wrote it up and renamed the test the moose test and cost Mercedes a fortune in lost sales and remedial work. 

The vehicle with the highest speed pass without flipping is the  Citroën Xantia Activa V6 I had one for a couple of years and it is a great street sleeper. 

6 hours ago, mad said:

Fuck! That’s not a good look for them. How could all those Middle East ISIS guys be wrong?:P

Different risk tolerance. ;) They don't use turn signals, either.

Speaking of stability... the thing I don’t get about those Hilux ”Technicals” is how exactly the suspension reacts with a 50 cal machine gun going off in the back. Seems like like it would be like trying to shoot a target from the back of a mechanical bull. Or is anybody actually trying to aim at anything in the first place?  

Also, IIRC, they discovered that “Technicals” could ride right through anti-tank minefields, as long as they keep the speed up over 70.  So I guess that’s the use case.  

18 hours ago, mad said:

The lawyers will have blead them dry by payout time comes by the Sound of it! 

Cow-Illustration.thumb.jpg.73bb6fbc3290d4fee21e09931fcf1a64.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 3:20 PM, cbs said:

Ever seen a containership?  They look worse by a long shot...

Containership has 1000' more waterline providing stability.  One reason these wedding cakes are being built is customers who want 800sqft of living space that fits in a 40' Med-moor slip. 

You mean container ships like these?

image.png.01ac40cffb0be87dc43bb1298b647222.pngimage.png.7e74d94c4ef2db1cb06e05a9dd9dc15a.pngimage.png.ba58a9434e1a2e7a0d62a4216fcd4248.png

So if the topic yacht was ten million, I wonder what the price tag is when a container ship rolls at the dock like that?

53 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

So if the topic yacht was ten million, I wonder what the price tag is when a container ship rolls at the dock like that?

It depends on if the front stays on or not.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:02 AM, mad said:

Mad, thats because the recoiless rifle option adds a bit of weight in the tray and makes them more stable. 

Been across the Pacific in pretty nasty conditions uphill all the way, in a Northern Marine 75 footer and she was great.  I talked to someone knowledgeable about the "flipper" and there has been some interest in saving it but nothing still has been done to mitigate the water damage so basically cut her off at the deck level and start over.  Done right and properly ballasted these boats have been all over the world.

But "Northern Marine" means basically nothing? Different NAs, different work force and management, rented the brand bu new people, etc. This particular one went on a 100 ft shakedown/rollover cruise. 

• Like 1

Do these vessels have any way of reballasting after using their tons of fuel? Trawler trawlers sort of swap their fuel for fish to keep the ballast ratio up.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, KC375 said:

image.png.2cc54f6a6a6136d86ef65c0728efc8d6.png

Driving through backroads of Nova Scotia my brother was at the wheel and I was sleeping on the back seat. As I was able to stretch out it will give a sense of my size/age.

2CV a clever car you could adjust the mostly decorative headlights for varying trim...they had last been adjusted with adults in the back seat so they were both feeble and aimed just in front of the fragile metal bar known as a bumper.

My brother noticed a glint ahead. He braked hard, a relative term given the  drum brakes in 2CV but still enough to trim nose down, dumping me on the floor. By the time I got my eyes above the front seat the car was stopped and the only thing visible through the windscreen was moose flank and belly. I don’t think we made contact but I think the bonnet was under the belly. She sauntered off unperturbed. She probably had no reason to be bothered, had we not stopped it would not have gone well for at least my brother but I’m not sure the moose would have been bothered much by flattening some canvass along with a front and rear windscreen held on with a few strips of tin.  

Someone started parking one of those in the neighborhood where I grew up. A bunch of teenagers would pick it up and move it just because they could.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Someone started parking one of those in the neighborhood where I grew up. A bunch of teenagers would pick it up and move it just because they could.

At least ours (we had 2) didn't have limited slip diffs...one of my brothers could pick up one corner in front leaving the wheel spinning and the car stationary...and also giving the front bumper a permanent smile. Gas mileage was amazing for the time but barely highway legal - Canada had a 60 mph minimum which was the 2cv maximum (with  a tail wind) but come a bad winter storm almost nothing could keep up to use with front wheel drive and studded tires but when the gasoline fired heater gave up it would get pretty cold inside

I went on my first honeymoon in one. The marriage ended badly but I don’t blame the car.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, SloopJonB said:

You mean container ships like these?

image.png.01ac40cffb0be87dc43bb1298b647222.pngimage.png.7e74d94c4ef2db1cb06e05a9dd9dc15a.pngimage.png.ba58a9434e1a2e7a0d62a4216fcd4248.png

First two are hard aground. That tends to mess with stability calcs.

• Like 1

I'll be in Anacortes Saturday for my talk. Maybe I'll swing by and see if I can get ant photos of FLIPPER.

• Like 4

That would be great! I’ve been wondering what it looks like now. 

Beer:

I'll see what my schedule allows. It should be no problem if I remember to take my camera.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:34 PM, DDW said:

Even with the top floor hacked off with a chainsaw, it looks like it might topple in a stiff south wind, sitting on the hard:

0g8i7bO.jpg

I think DDW's photo is pretty recent. It was listed with a salvage auction house last year, I guess there were no suck...err takers.

There's a nice Salvation Army store up the street, maybe they can stuff it in the donation bin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

One time, after work, when I came out to get in my 77 VW Scirocco to go home I found that my students had picked it up and set it on the sidewalk.

When our secretary moved away, we just picked up her Miata and carried it into the moving van.  Simple.  

I assume she found some new friends back east to unload it.  

Photo is from July 18. It was still sitting in exactly the same place in November. The fact that it was put up for sale seems to me means there is a clear title to it. As A friend of mine was fond of saying in these situations, you could commission another one, then you could have two: "one to shit in, one to cover it up with". 

Yup, there have been many iterations of NM.  DDW's shows her as she looked last time I saw her.  As the old saying goes, the best way to make a million dollars in the boat business is to start out with 10 million (or something like that).

8 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Yup, there have been many iterations of NM.  DDW's shows her as she looked last time I saw her.  As the old saying goes, the best way to make a million dollars small fortune in the boat business is to start out with 10 million a large fortune (or something like that).

FIFY

On 1/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, Mark Set said:

capable off-road vehicle =/= capable highway vehicle. You can keep your RAV4's with 4 inches of ground clearance, I'll take the Hilux.

you prefer a mid sized, japanese pickup that can flip doing an avoidance maneuver at 37 MPH either on or off road???

54 minutes ago, Liquid said:

you prefer a mid sized, japanese pickup that can flip doing an avoidance maneuver at 37 MPH either on or off road???

The machine gun and ammo will hold it down a bit.

110380.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Sometimes, to gain capability in one area, you’ve got to give it up in another.  Let’s go to the other extreme and take a Mazda Miata.  Should we fault it because it has such low ground clearance that it can’t go off-road?

Maybe they should just drive the vehicle with regard to its higher cog, and slow down some on areas where you might meet a moose.  Or don’t turn so tight you flip it. Or just brake in a straight line and hope it doesn’t come thru the windshield.

1 hour ago, Crash said:

Sometimes, to gain capability in one area, you’ve got to give it up in another.  Let’s go to the other extreme and take a Mazda Miata.  Should we fault it because it has such low ground clearance that it can’t go off-road?

Maybe they should just drive the vehicle with regard to its higher cog, and slow down some on areas where you might meet a moose.  Or don’t turn so tight you flip it. Or just brake in a straight line and hope it doesn’t come thru the windshield.

mazda-mx-5-miata_100627993_m.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slap said:

Minnesota. Frozen Florida.....

1 hour ago, slap said:

OK as somebody who owns both a Jeep and a Miata I was silently laughing at all the moose related comments.  And then I saw this and LOL.  Well played Sir.  I can't imagine who or why somebody would do such a thing but that is freaking funny!

On 1/14/2019 at 4:06 AM, shaggybaxter said:

Mad, thats because the recoiless rifle option adds a bit of weight in the tray and makes them more stable. 

Of course, it’s obvious when you think about it. Though I would have thought the barrels up high would offset that, must carry a lot of spare ammunition. Maybe that’s the upgrade, 2 free ammo boxes in the back. 

british_brown_large_ammo_box_closed_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.2de875152d8c5d570f645859fbd513dd.jpgThey make good tool boxes. 

On 1/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, Crusty said:

Perhaps a sister ship??

Now I still wants to know if this was the nautical equivalent of the moose test 

4 minutes ago, TQA said:

Now I still wants to know if this was the nautical equivalent of the moose test 

The moose would not have tipped over.

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I was going to make fun of some people's hobbies, then I remembered that I sail.

Hah! Good catch!

17 minutes ago, monsoon said:

pffffttt

Image result for porsche safari

sr71.jpg

(It's a photoshop)

Buncha amateurs.

image.png.fbca2e6679f99eff63921bd75ba2a2b1.png

That's an interesting side-by-side comparison:  Flipper vs the fishing boat. 

Both boats are about the same "height" - distance from the parking lot to top of bridge (is that the right term?).  Flipper has a waterline SUBSTANTIALLY below that of the fishing boat. 

I think that says a lot, right there.  Sure, one is a pleasure boat and one is a fishing boat, but the difference is shocking and should have been alarming to anyone that looked. 

Keep in mind, the flipper has already had the top deck cut off with a chain saw. A bit lower now than when it flipped. Had the chainsaw been employed before launch, or better still on the NAs drawing board, it might not be sitting there now. 

Do you think they'd take an offer for the anchors? It looks like it's set up for a Rocna versus Manson hook-off. 

From Killybegs, what some modern European trawlers look like underwater. It looks like the game is to get as much volume in as short a length as possible. 22.5 metres I believe.

Buddy-M16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bugger said:

That's an interesting side-by-side comparison:  Flipper vs the fishing boat. 

Both boats are about the same "height" - distance from the parking lot to top of bridge (is that the right term?).  Flipper has a waterline SUBSTANTIALLY below that of the fishing boat. 

I think that says a lot, right there.  Sure, one is a pleasure boat and one is a fishing boat, but the difference is shocking and should have been alarming to anyone that looked. 

Flipper is almost sitting on the ground - see previous foto's. All that fishing gear/winch block, outriggers weighs a lot.  So waterlines/immersed hull volume doesn't look to different. Height of freeboards IS a lot different, but without seeing a interior plan most is empty space. Totally unknown is amount/weights of machinery & inside ballast. IIRC, Early versions of that boat had about 45000 lbs of concrete ballast

Euro fish boats have been constrained by LOA rules for quite a while, so designs have become very square to end run the restrictions.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:35 PM, Crusty said:

Perhaps a sister ship??

The guy at the back remembered his dinghy sailing years and was getting ready to jump on the centreboard until he realised that the NA didn't think about designing one. Those Mobo people know nothing about the sea!

Bob Perry is probably best qualified to answer, but there a rule of thumb that for every foot of draft you shouldn’t exceed 30 times that in height (excluding antennae), but with a reduction of some sort for marble countertops, jacuzzis, lead coated x-ray rooms, bank vaults, etc above a certain height above 5 times center of gravity plus 2 decks?

maybe they missed that one.

30 times?

I hope that is a typo and should be 3 times.

Flipper was way less than 30 times draft.

These square boats remind me of the new Panama Canal tugs.

https://goo.gl/images/L7Q539

Sry, images just don’t seem to work from iPad...?

Somewhere I read that they crossed the Atlantic on their own, but it turned out that they went better in reverse.

OK, which fuckin way actually is “reverse?”

https://goo.gl/images/xxeakK

6 minutes ago, toddster said:

These square boats remind me of the new Panama Canal tugs.

https://goo.gl/images/L7Q539

Sry, images just don’t seem to work from iPad...?

Somewhere I read that they crossed the Atlantic on their own, but it turned out that they went better in reverse.

OK, which fuckin way actually is “reverse?”

https://goo.gl/images/xxeakK

https://goo.gl/images/EQNSoj

You are forgetting about the hot tubs and granite countertops on the top deck of flipper. 

I thought that in some fishing jurisdictions there was a limit on LOA for certain licenses. That results in short, wide, tall fishing boats. Tugs on the other hand, are often operated backwards or sideways and rarely at any speed. Both are different requirements than an "expedition motoryacht".

Re the 2nd tug photo. My company's tug design so I can answer. It's a "Z-tech" style.

http://ral.ca/series/z-tech/

star-commodore-1170x495.jpg

The winch is on the low bow with flat working deck for ship handling work under the large flares of container ship bows (or car carriers aircraft carriers). The deckhouse is set well aft to avoid contact with the ship.

The US Navy built 6 for their own use and I'm the PM for the next 6 of the series that are in design right now. They like them, and so does the Panama Canal (they had 18 of them at last count I think)

Image result for Z-tech tugs

To cross an ocean, they do travel in reverse in tractor mode with the higher stern hitting the waves. They steer just fine and can do 12+ knots in reverse. But they were designed that way from the start quite on purpose. It wasn't magically discovered.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DDW said:

Tugs on the other hand, are often operated backwards or sideways and rarely at any speed

No, modern tugs (of the kind we design) often operate backwards quite fast (faster to just reverse to get out of the way of a ship if you're between the tug and the pier)

They go sideways at about 6+ knots, depending on design.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, Mr. Ed said:

Do you think they'd take an offer for the anchors? It looks like it's set up for a Rocna versus Manson hook-off. 

From Killybegs, what some modern European trawlers look like underwater. It looks like the game is to get as much volume in as short a length as possible. 22.5 metres I believe.

Buddy-M16.jpg

R-2587181-1291848407.jpeg.jpg