• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DryArmour

Newport-Bermuda Wx...the tea leaves remain somewhat scrambled

I am doing Race WxRouting for several boats this year so I cannot be overly specific on strategy but I do think that this will be a year of feast or famine. Those who make the right choices Friday and Saturday will gain unstoppable leverage Saturday night through Monday morning. At least this one isn't a "No brainer" and those who do their homework will be rewarded.

I will note that if things change just a little bit with regard to location or intensity of a certain weather feature you may want your #3 o r#4 for some period of time if you are in the right place at the right time.

Be safe everyone...Stay aboard.

You can tell us a little more. We won't tell the other boats.

How come SA seems to be ignoring the race?

jesus foot, doesn't the race have to start before we can be considered to be ignoring it?

Jonathan wrote us a nice piece on the double handed section, it's up now.

If you'd like more coverage, write an article and we'll run it. You know you always have the power to make SA not ignore something...

jesus foot, doesn't the race have to start before we can be considered to be ignoring it?

Jonathan wrote us a nice piece on the double handed section, it's up now.

If you'd like more coverage, write an article and we'll run it. You know you always have the power to make SA not ignore something...

Yes, that is a nice thing about SA, but I'm not doing the race, so a preview would be nice.

Dry shirt - how did your customers do with your routing? Was a tough race.

Those who followed the CMC model did very well. None were willing to go to the Southern edge of the envelope though (Which was my preferred routing) and I too would have had a hard time being willing to dig that far south and gain that much separation from the fleet. Had they done so though they likely would have either won their class or been top three.

On an unrelated note...Those of you from Hatteras southward need to keep an eye on the low pressure system that came of the Carolina Coast last night....