rogerball0

Westerly Anarchy

Where are you Roger? Are you alright? I'm worried sick. Bumpity bump bump.

Everythings cool, just lots of paid work at the moment, will be back soon.

Cheers

Good to know- looking forward to seeing more. I think you should varnish it, varnish is much better inside the cabin than out in the elements. Builds character too

FB- Doug

Cheers for the advice Doug, thats very much my thinking for those reasons although i'm still undecided whether to finish the bulkhead in white or veneer and clearcoat. Decisions Decisions............

Not a metal compression post? Oak is nice but...

Well??? Aren't you going to tell us why you got sacked in Bicester? :D

Can't have been related to quality of work - unless you were putting too much quality in for what they bid or something.

In the shed today - hoorah - first time in five months barring the odd day here and there,

Bob; yeah was gonna go with 3" square oak post w/ metal post set inside with stainless endplates top and bottom to bolt into the floor and cabin top respectively, the thinking behind a post within a post is so i can use the oak post with 12mm slots cut in both sides and back to locate the two halves of the main saloon bulkheads either side ofthe post and tie in the heads bulkhead respectively. Any thoughts you have greatly appreciated.

SJB; storm in a tea cup really, got into an 'altercation' with one of the Health & Safety droids, i didn't appreciate being spoken to in that manner especially when they're that wet behind the ears, in my defence i warned him a few times & he came back more abusive/officious each time, it should be said i'm no tough guy, i was just having a bad day! Think it may have been a Monday as well...................................

The vast army of officious twits with clipboards will be the end of us all.

Rog- I really like the idea of the metal post within a wooden post. If anyone can execute that concept well, it'll be you.

All the warmth of wood, all the strength of SS or Alu.

Sorry to hear about the Health & Safety droid. I fear you wouldn't fare well in my environment, I'm surrounded by gov't zombies all day, every day.

Rog- I really like the idea of the metal post within a wooden post. If anyone can execute that concept well, it'll be you.

Sorry to hear about the Health & Safety droid. I fear you wouldn't fare well in my environment, I'm surrounded by gov't zombies all day, every day.

Cheers Ajax, & no worries about the H&S dick got a steady stream of local work now so all good

It bewilders me when confronted with people who use a clipboard and job title as a direct replacement for cognitive function - seems the way of world now.

Still in other news not alot to report as i've been dicking about in my paint shop the last couple of days trying out my new air-fed gimp mask, various lacquers & sealers plus my star-of-the-show £18 spray gun, the results so far,

After three coats of sealer:

WP_20160610_18_09_41_Pro.jpg

then three coats of 10% sheen:

WP_20160611_17_51_59_Pro.jpg

Got all the fiddly bits for the forepeak done so now just have to finish spraying the berth frame white (10% naturally) and then re-fit.

WP_20160611_17_51_35_Pro.jpg

Lovely drop of PU lacquer from Morrells here in the UK as its recoatable in 45 minutes - sure beats the hell out of Hempels and Internationals '16 hours to recoat'.

Wow, incredibly professional. When are you coming to the U.S. to help me replace my cabin sole?

I would also like to get in on Roger's Cabin Sole Anarchy.

Cheers Ajax, & no worries about the H&S dick got a steady stream of local work now so all good

Come to France we don't really do Health & Safety.

On second thought, maybe I should cancel this request.

Roger would totally dismantle my boat to make it "perfect" and I'd never get to sailing! ;)

Ajax, what's wrong with your cabin sole. Mine was delaminated, dirty and discolored in places when we got our boat. West System came to the rescue on the delam. I then stripped (chemical stripper) lightly sanded and revarnished with a Varathane floor finish. Looks great now. Some staining remains but is much less noticeable.

post-37611-0-82124200-1465917280_thumb.jpg

Maybe we should move this to the Tartan thread

Cabin Sole Anarchy - I like it, pretty niche!

Ajax: I wouldn't dismantle your boat,.........would I,.........what me? (Pushing disc cutter and air saw just out of view.) :D

HA: True story, i looked into emigrating to Canada, but fell down on not speaking French, i know bonkers eh? The salt in the wound was I got a B grade at GCSE French, still it didn't stop me getting stared at like a dog being shown a card trick in Boulogne. That was whilst ordering a pint for me and the old man having just done my first trip across the channel in the Centaur, long day that was - been up for 18hrs, (its a Centaur they dont go very fast) both got absolutely skated that night - one of those "dont tell your mum moments".

If memory serves we got stuck there quite awhile, initially cos of the weather was shitty and then the Fishermen had a piss and whinge about something and so strung a steel cable across the port entrance, those were the days.

Panoramix: No health and safety. Hmm............could be back there sooner than i thought.

Bob / Vjm: If i lived closer...............

Umm... a majority of us in Canada are totally crap at speaking French. I could get slapped in French, and maybe get a meal, but...

Ajax, I think Roger's journey is different from yours (and mine!).

FWIW they don't really speak French in Quebec either - it's the equivalent of Loosyanna swamp speak being called English.

I was told a story about an Anglo Canadian who was in a Parisian restaurant with a Quebecois who was ordering in French for the table.

The waiter said "Please order in English, your French hurts my ears". :D

Being English is no longer a leg up re: emigrating here. They claim that country of origin is irrelevant but it's well known and obvious that immigrants from Asian nations are favoured.

Same applies to us emigrating to Britain - my daughter is married to a Brit, has a son that is a Brit citizen (as well as Canadian), has lived in Southampton for several years, has his family as sponsors, has pretty well all British ancestry etc. etc. and still has a long wait (years) to get her citizenship.

Once she has it they intend coming here to get Canadian for her husband - we shall see.

The map of the world ain't been pink for a long time.

Roger. I love those corner details. Very very nice! Makes my IP look like a cheap trailer

Cheers PY,

Yeah I was looking to give the all three corners a bit of strength, it was one of those 'oh yeah' moments - just add more triangles!

It all came together reasonably quick - it had to - the heat here in the UK is crazy hot atm so it worked out well doing this over a series of evenings when the air temps had dropped a wee bit, gotta a whole day off tomorrow so will get the lids organised next.

Been sketching vent ideas for the lids but nothings really leaping off the page.

Roger, just so long as our boat doesn't read your posts I'll be OK.

But if she gets a wind of what some owners are willing to do for their boats, her demeanour could change quickly.

Beautiful work.

I swear, I'm going to buy some teak and holly for my cabin sole and a plane ticket for you...

I have a very nice guest room and your own bathroom and I'll stock the fridge with whatever you like. The boat is a 5 minute walk from the house with power and water at the dock.

I just spent a couple of days enjoying this thread.
Not only because of the obvious talent (understatement) of Rogers, but it also amazes me how Bob Perry contributes to the sailing community. I mean, seriously, how many succesful designers would take the time to contribute with valuable input on forums like this?
You guys rock ! :wub:
Thanks for making me a little happier :rolleyes:

Mr Ed: Got ya! We'll have to keep this between ourselves ;)

Ajax: Have spray gun will travel! Thinking about it i reckon i could even get the mini compressor in the overhead locker, (if i can get it through check-in) :unsure:.

MV: A very good point you make Sir, massive props to Bob, I was thinking about him the other day whilst lurking over the cutter updates, (got yet more ideas for my project) goes without saying the mans a legend 'tis an honour having you around here Bob.

Personally I couldn't imagine one of the big name designers here in the UK chipping in on what i'm doing and anyway the tone and content of YBW.com these days reads more like an angry Church newsletter.

Didn't get as much done as i wanted to today, got to 32 degrees C in the boatshed, even with the fan going it was bloody hot and being a ginger potentially life-threatening (spontaneous combustion :D) still the epoxy kicked nice and quick, although the PU adhesive i laid down was a mini disaster but sorted it after it had gone off proper with a scapel.

Quite like doing these evening sessions at the moment, more to follow soon.

Cheers

Oh yeah i nearly forgot; seeing how we all nerd out on the construction and detailing of Bob's cutter project i thought this might be of interest:

http://www.ljb-marine.com/fr/bateaux-en-construction.html

Its basically how Hallberg-Rassy build each one of their models in the range - essentially a build diary for every boat, came across it after i decided to start again on mine at Christmas, i found it really handy for all those questions you have about where to sight pipes and cables and also seeing how these boats get bolted together - theres some truly fine joinery in there.

My god dude! Yer not building a boat yer building a fucking piano...a Steinway at that. It makes me cry when I look at what you've built and then I remember what I've hacked together over the last 35 years.

Go! Finish the beast and sail it!

Bumpity bump.

Hello Roger, how's it going. Over.

Cheers FS..........Thus proving i'm rubbish at the internets...................hang on - just realised what i should've done, lets have another go....................winner!!!!!!!!!

Forestay chainplate:

20170416_115730.jpg

I don't know what the magic was... I just copied and pasted your photo into the reply box. It's some kind of mysterious process. Sometimes chanting and incense helps. Not this time though. I ran out of incense, and the chanting annoys the dog.

I think whats complicated matters with pictures is since Picasa got binned by our digital overlords all my pictures are an almost unending string of letters that don't end in .jpg etc as i tried a copy and paste to start with and gave up hence the link instead, I'll try that again:

fv2ChRWr7MfAKGhH_dpuMrEO5Cp7cAKZiwxcz5jRUprd3PVUwbLEC1MJeoyANBzXqiMAR-BzCz0PCrig1u8WgEdnfxgE9pIhI_CGpnD90KVcSfdBNMsOC8ZSl9dn48F5AE9dwH7MSxC6QRRjpSLNkQ3BK5tnF3891jzlosySWdWJmaij6uXLrYIGgPmT1K5CiM-vHszc71wF5f_4SFMb6FRja51by2k6bEsUA_74b9tMYr3mUpqylheOSLfp2gimCKiVw9XNEm0yIrjm2TMCkUDPNzqy9xtHPf5CNRvVShi7uVmIgR0h6e0ty007YCdtKX5dPmPfRuogZCOjz-3_la2plVc7YGuSVkM2x95RQa-58DfjjYG2hg4VoKizSxcj1ApQSvh--MyUwi4Ln5JLRAlZjvjibQbmqFrtKVHXIkiqIlE1_r5RD6OY0_Z9f5ZGrLiu0aQH6ZTQANYhR7Yvj4ujxjlJzsdA4cqhtEUxgVFXDrntUEChQFih0TFSxUMkFDfzfg9YC1PHELl9n47maqTgnHvzmjDI0eJRsdW4D3MN35ytg2B3XdELYSh6uLsYgjMvWIbTrpywPBGBxv_R7kV-_CA2-aTO5r0xooK_eHqCzxxm1EUxUQaszVK-eqWkx513sWoarCTZq-6Tkxkad_pJtyO3PeDcV_ShyGA90JY=w1320-h743-no

Holy shit it works.........................maybe the bad Ju ju' left me.........................okay cool since i'm on a roll lets have a catch up:

Decided to crisp up the front of the keels a little:

n8PaulRt8znzogKS_hoxt3YTzY_EcxXcEUcenkP1XRFeObX_eCXExQilKM7EbAAEGrMhhWA9He2kaTqjC6loscRGw87AEXfc0jGc_GFDgSpIplhsMe0UmScMsaKTdo62mGQ6fCNaVTbnBGqr-kuA_X1OqRk2e6cyWJqDiXqtEjcPZA6SNQ_vYz0c80We8rN-tZRiDCy_DGCOkNd8tKHvEtOH-wEZiQAklBsAgjgxOxVDJ9uT_CR9kJULVsx5prIEI2uLwi1bykCO9dFG0FLgk3-CRI_o-XFwHA-85ucYHn6OlnEKvSHZQv-jnFhprRkt8leM3IbldvJSybTclNpuQw2FUVkKJzWhhLEa2koHr1GUsH5vx2kLgXm5kNVXUWH90dSlNcQNqWNybaTWdqUoHTUK6YS1uJJtWnXTIenTVoSG7la2nZxCFV2YU7--3OZP6ofeUElx1_PgiHLZWphEIRyMzQxsjB9CDjia9Mq-b1tipyerPuqKNjAlSMQ4isQLyuvadp5j1ZbhIvQngkv9yBJnH9FJkEd2K8Qy1Kr2JgyG95WarccoEClMXEKHfNdS2ARjzlnYBtb5fzkxY7XTIFZdAHbmpm0kLP72envW_ZFvY8x35iFkOBpkb0qCPXofeT9kCsS8YhIogp4PeI0Uv6QKwjyrFvq_jQXVmq8v-sQ=w1320-h743-no

By making six foot long boomerangs and then attaching them to the front of the keel and hull:

avzobeIlfaK6p2c-fFFKVjmFsep5JbOcKXmRXaRIZM5_kV-EckgAKtF7Sk1ZMS0JvpHskIXMagJTLyP2X47roRYkL5-3GxmDFx-_8omlKEJZKUxd_1_-U24M7b6oYiXS6FSF7r68y9mvvxVV92RIFopyacrhwlTVwiMGrAYVhvMj9rwYw8bzFH06f50LFDI0BxoO4Rpa-m7r2rfwlJS1QExhaTXDg-WzKWjySfJBDPb0Ex_eQa4eZ8VDqpjyKxYPx_mqckV4meWzdICf5W9nXq6cujSxMeUNrvWkzMkgJh9NZG5ElcYCWWvG2JWUP24cmRWBoWe0UGv9D1vQW9v3ckV7WVvY4J66zmBIXPLpuePUNE3HjXrV7JwpOXk3M7Isw47bL8zyPSyPT_tDt-3HV_8_-gZXXL8cOMitxKU7Pq3yA6ewKpSnlXgbzur_sjXJaDlatff-NBqidYaqsSjvmJRkPDnJHDrYfGSZiXBjbh4yPLevehApBeaVIqkxUsAosXpFfZPzGb_AoFnCXgTq3UncgD56f7PcwpPtQBjB4ta530-UpC7P0wCWBHcC7f5aIN3-4kvkYvR1Y_a0ZKCMxDClU0npc2CFqtZhXGP4PR562kYfHRLNOxlNV9aLUgZVNA_dzSPfnOcUwUOW0caj0NJBoR_fKKRQ4MqE2A7Hz5c=w1320-h743-no

Et voila...........

65CBbTkgOxh-S44K7fO22gBsVWo_Ql2ctqiMxlKq3yiEjXkdAUCpxRwsH6NOkln8gU31RJimcRk2bNVuRyVIGIdC-hRMWTsuILYldrOdeStTnWfaG4HSG4pEUavliyFMcUkIUvzovRJztELzCANdvWW1Rxt4Amunb8WsSicQR3KXZQhbIYzs2RMpKbw3fAQBq8Hdg1WMyQ-sNaoOw_8KRIbG83jZ1SYdH9y_PbbOY3s81SLXp8QlDNUYyy6Nqh2HaGSle1ZdrTPiK2EWivdFTVGG6bNtHDcdD0F1-Hkj64jecTS6MTBDsqa7zhKv-W30_-dUYA6n-6JXcAuC48NUPG0daCIxIyTsYRfgBP0-BVLaXW5Paim6fsohIb4SggLqELIaHi83HUjTuU6rZIg1t_aCtC67oY7BdcJlZ-r_cdaXnJt-iHhkuXB3xEb8QasTcagu4KeoTG_Z5vGsLnms9mC0frhxABFW8_gzanvOtR8ZgcpkkWmAHIgz7aheGR-LUjDvd9G4kuUsLjztHHqagr_f5CQT_gC8a8aSNOKv9aGmV4NiTYX5IAtic7cUvyt81_BsPSlR4OxQyqpAkFNc39g5wGbidvYUkmHGwBQ5VC6UTOVgTUgBq5yTWF2HaSFI_XuYnO39ijs9mM-Cv4LHeEfoo3jS5SVXGoxTlLWyWx8=w1320-h743-no

Fuk it......one more, the start of my storage pods for the forepeak:

NmSheas8Fz_8I5CatBA9lcgk0QGOx4B2AH034Ftb6oA7VYhFWhY34p9QBSu93WmOzGjWWeKpcgW4j_-XrQoueigTaRjj2BVhAw0mQeTQWvICil1jI3gMTDiD_RlgXtoNTPf07W1ahyLvd7fLTMUmy0mT7CjF9b61mYJ2MTIoU_fEaZhd_AyI6XWBHquVEEbwUt0VkrHFhT8MLFwXjpHzFGSrnhw7L_3bnK0Jau3i_13qkoVTrARPrQWDCFMLNGK3nsgm6t0DQdTUqrSazWI9ExhT8L0Zfn9zPailFVIPvOe_qoKaP8CH4WE46wUbup5Pd9WFdXLRfQ1Ro8VS5gYMHOLdEo9R6UkiPawHZkWfxQ5RquzwPkLdNaxjch_eA5C01boYWYarjbe9fypH6OkxosCbTrn3A5QXYcLDuTGMLnLgEOWt8tuDd_l6stoHE4L7CrPasjPCGwVjyXsOWU-hfTmCm7kM6CA-QR55rNtz5_vKxFPcPs2QF1KC10C8PqIFxcwWi_FuEg6cYOiai6LEB_vDc0XSe8GV_qQwIGtFTH6ycxvk9x2uiLGLTBpcE5iIMnmjkOvhQzeZgFOOejflxUAahiAxu2nBi0NDEkrkGX2WnvpBwZRgiA=w1320-h743-no

Chio for now

1 minute ago, A horse, of course said:

Beautiful! What's the thinking behind carrying the bilge keel line forward? 

A super wonky leading edge on both keels, i bought it forward about 50mm so instead of the leading edge being a 60mm semicircle it now comes to a super tiddly diameter of 12mm and out into an aerofoil shape, had to dig out pics i took in 2009 to remember the shape:

4RIQ4azDbNyaOtGOvrGFw8p_KBwlH17Vf9eDOwwKGLq6mGlrSX5oSJF0nex4JhRwzmFYh4V_i_KeUuZn7ZDnxZpI2qaKDWLGxXeWhqinbpQbRTdEzkHVXKdZDzjNUUzIByZONcrAz5PyQ8KemXGlSDUhlu9ECe5wGwKEPxosfBdXck_CfCV1N9MXGuydEhqQsTmRVNeqQz1E3ghkR3rUk4ABon2qPjUOdiU9DXBKGJROmui607RTfAfmIC__La9Pnb65VNkqlNtxukrV4B12WbWbX9OweuHigdF3nI4GOEDqK3QXPKUsGqdSH4w7eL8X0jY26cFMlHW6SUzjbe1LEnTWZWdJAJmHYEQz7elPUuzpIgEOzSDEhqvDfldPsplxJYpVxyYQNxmf-zKAsVnE5f2o7cH5i46NyLk6s-Lyc5ZypPgvrLiIvnx_3FA66hj475zTq4UC8anQbPOiXNM4wAg_FeIowPjsVCiOVfi5J-8T7FiNWA5uRaAnULq7DBO_WWgxN-4Z8L5zb49_ajgLHw2hQylbnmmp3D5UC3t2B5jMxprqYmEfqs0QSW_z5gUZol05IcFHzU_yG1EWRw_DWju1V9_6X2mYWprBp1JbqHDEzVZlQxrpkfHKojSmyJPDXGASx3P8HISv_w_SC31pz3rlM8BtZbzCaHilz7f3AJY=w1320-h743-no

I ran out a few lengths of mdf (12mm x 12mm) to help me get the shape and shadow line right, cut a couple of profiles into old wests spatulas and finished the concave detail forward and aft, doesn't look great but its looks better plus these things will be in the water........................one day.

OOhzaVe25oZLmZUmN5ct-c1XL7O7GY0lnyppnBEzPkSU7_XuvdibhrEJ1D_-yJy-me_gSezfU1uf7sAKktdReumUgSNyAwO-ortu5vJaTXBe3lBrUmWnEQx2la0MTodcVx327fRdSwkmVMt-gCTD_VwXoa5wBc2bUFnEc1uVdVPzEHuA8podHWhaAWmj82LTFhQIXKkkyPpzG0vC3kRTpQDQFVJV2NDLUPY91dkXaUuHB0HaBAXZa0I1iD0Vn5qfPX-7t_s2MEo5tGMQ8aOAKRT6h_Ck-BHFdZjW6kgrryOj2-Pmue_7J9BlZq-THsdl9cvAgYrltQRJdguSJYdCapr4ky7NtiMeC4tRCgo52GA36nWla8NQQ3H78y0gmFoNZkxeZdU8-DuUuo7jfFpL_DprjOehoPdshWBekC3xADWMX-bx5wmU6RkNEfABysO9qI4-NdJge-NUxH6szPjPGDg7fQGSOioZZ3Da-GJu7CYpqwqbg9CVNou5zrRP7uiYJMZYeTOzPg8jD401wys9n7OlcBsC6cC_gnclzm5j8a3BCvgjuL367VDU_Rhaeim3gvLUM98-7OpizG9LjCUSAEJ1d59Y2CxJeJweWcMFA2FhbkdalQP7A_UsRTAjy7Xg5nYyYBlpufD3ruSUEw9NMAU6ftP8cK3iA8jiuwDqHLA=w1320-h743-no

V_MHjR33U89vhRHxC9AQdFXNwkzd_oFqSrNwilSLyjAbUKmk9hvevwDvPI3hnejLVnraZd6amzlX56ucSaHolG9IngvZUXu_P5pbyQrzKqavkHUOMGzlHremMldjmt5sroFB43XBqnfA1BA19l2fqK0Lw-UzHzrOMb0LCHNnMXH8W67U7M8jFAuJPxIsTF4_iKTVrGqCHMJ27t7YtZhG3YU3QOdRoOH8H4HdLc7I-4YNPIYIRFyuvVLnO2IqXJTnzCSr5Jf9HF2cbAJlX7QmVABwoc1MIX2MNdnxzfWZ1Ox8fy2KmMI27qk7iF5RLnvT6H5hhia8oi0BFq_V7BFT0h4jvlT2InhvVS7_AONP3S86UALO0jDbONv7UgPyU_jJhAa6-DjZ1rIBJDhxC19PnuDSeq17IasJHU9MzHsCTt6aqn9JKNfhgBgL9Ny-sQcs4e7pLVqGmyOIQsSHifQ8rVegzvnsN9bxDfQRB89_-rviBiZY_TUFqoQ89Hs8k6mzzQ22acBRk9BtDi-fZzRGZ0GG0zFx_EU53ql8uf4ECeFyXqwQT6VOD4ff0QSt02K9vboamwLyeqCkGuvRsjy3ZxdFXLML3ZuAFYvBdYRZJrFZRoRPOAUHPQ=w1320-h743-no

cheers

Roger, I believe that a sharp leading edge is wrong for keels & rudders - better they be round and "blunter".

The Maestro would know for sure.

13 hours ago, rogerball0 said:

In that case i'll un-crisp them.

I think the reason you don't see many examples of that elegant extension of the keel-hull join is because (especially on the wind) a significant part of the water flow is sideways, across the hull. The water flow will sort of trip up there and create turbulence to no good effect. 

Im sure I've got that all wrong. 

Each NACA foil spec specifies a leading edge radius as a percentage of chord length. You do NOT want a sharp leading edge. If you gave me a chord length and foil width "thickness" I could give you a radius.

Without knowing the exact foil my radius would be a guess but I am pretty good at those guesses. I'd base it on a common foil.

I worry about Roger. I fear that he may have been devoured by his own perfectionism.

Can we send out a posse, or something?

Bring him in alive, and get that boat on the water.  Sheriff's orders :D

I tried to quit the project over a month ago although i've started doing little bits here and there again but at the moment paid work occupies my time.

cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rogerball0 said:

I tried to quit the project over a month ago although i've started doing little bits here and there again but at the moment paid work occupies my time.

cheers

glad to hear you're OK, Roger.

Stay well :)

It's been 18 months, surely the boat kitty is well and truly replenished by now?

Just to say I've been wondering about Roger's progress...

Thank you for bumping this, I too have been wondering about Roger and project.

Ditto

I kinda lost my mind with it so shelved it in June 2017, plus Google completely ruined my blog when they closed Picasa and migrated everything to Google Photos, so 7 - 9 years worth of work went down the pan, (lots of dead links and exclamation marks where pictures should have been. Its all back up and running now after much work going through every picture and hyperlink and rebuilding the lot needless to say the boat project will resume summer 2019.

In the meantime i've been working on my van - metal-bashing, paint effects, custom work in the cab and the cargo area.  I took my van to bits after some bozo messed up a load of body work repairs so ended up rebuilding it top to boittom as i cant afford to change it (moneys still tight) and it wasn't a boat which helped me find my way back to the boat project : 

Van (looking a bit f**ked)

The van

What i did on my holidays.............

In doing the van i really got in to my paint finishing which has come on leaps and bounds, especially my metal flake technique, got some eye-bending ideas for the Centaurs hull, boat stuff shall resume soon...........................

Come to think of it the last thing i did proper on the boat was to clear coat the main bulkhead, here's one half:

Bulkhead

Will be in touch 

Cheers

• Like 2

You do nice work - an inspiration to we less talented types.

• Like 1

Good to hear from you again Roger!

Looks like you have been lavishing the same kind of attention on your van  as you did the boat - looks awfully nice for a mobile workshop (that's what I gather you use the van for - correct me if I'm wrong?)

In any case, we're looking forward to normal service resuming on the old Westerly - I trust you are fully motivated to dive back into that amazing project!

Just as an aside: the days when google's motto was 'Don't be evil' sure seem a long time ago...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bull City said:

I just PM'd Roger.

Good job, Bull. I had never seen this thread before today. My Goodness this man is truly and artiste' (That's Bull speak for artist. Must be the mustache).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogerball0 said:

Cheers

Good to hear from you.

• Like 1

Hi Roger, been thinking about your boat project....any update available?

16 hours ago, hobot said:

Hi Roger, been thinking about your boat project....any update available?

No updates on the boat as yet, finally finished clearing the boat shed out a couple of weeks back with an eye to starting back over Christmas. Also got the van finished or thereabouts so my free time will be back on the boat, currently just doing some electric bits then i'm all good. Its actually been good to try out a lot of things on the van both aesthetic and electrical before transferring them to a salt water environment.

So with that in mind here's what i have got planned for the boat interior, this is the inside of my work van but with the boat i intend using real carbon fibre not vinyl wrap as here:

IMG_20190724_212418.jpg

IMG_20190724_212858.jpg

IMG_20190724_212930.jpg

IMG_20190724_213425.jpg

IMG_20190724_212615.jpg

IMG_20190724_212632.jpg

Meant to say more can be found here:

www.facebook.com/agentlemansvan.co.uk

Cheers

• Like 1

A "Gentleman's Van"?

Gentlemen do not build & drive shaggin' wagons. :D

12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A "Gentleman's Van"?

:D

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

A "Gentleman's Van"?

Sure they do, they just call them Shooting Brakes.